Complaints & Reviews

can't cancel

I can't seem to cancel this I have tried many times but month after month the $9.95 continues to come...

charging my credit card even after I cancelled the scam enrollment I supossedly signed up for

I purchased flowers online for a grieving friend from this company. They then charged my credit card 9.95...

unauthorized debit

I cancelled my membership on 4/27/09 but Blooms Rewards still charged by debit card the $9.95 fee. Having just lost my job and being a single mom of 3 kids I was cutting it really close in my bank account so them doing this caused my bank account to charge me an add'l $32 overdraft fee that I surely can't afford. When I called to complain to this "company" they said that this particular day just happened to be the cut-off date for my billing cycle and that they were within their right to run my card and basically told me that there's nothing that can be done. What kind of business puts a debit thru on the day the membership is cancelled? What a crock and they should be ashamed of themselves.

• Wi
    WinnieL Nov 14, 2009

I checked my order confirmation that I have never subscribed their service nor products. They charge me $9.95 monthly. I emailed to Bloomstoday.com and awaiting for reply since they have NO weekends answering service. It seems like a big scam to consumer.

unauthorized membership charges

3 times I have cancelled my account at BloomsRewards.com, but I continue to get charged the monthly fee of $9.95. I just tried to log on and email the company about the situation, but it ironically says that my account has been cancelled. And yet they continue to charge me a monthly membership fee!

credit card charges

I ordered some flowers from blooms over the phone 1 time and have been charged 4 times now 9.95 a month for some rewards program I never heard of--My old computer was down so I didn't check my statement until I got my new one up and running--Since I didn't order them on the internet but in person over the phone I wonder how they signed me up-I will wait to see if you credit me back--if not what can we do about it? Any suggestions out there? P.S. I never in my life have ever used coupons anyway--THis has to be a scam--and I'm mad as hell--Linda

unauthorized enrollment in a 10$ monthly fee plan

I ordered flowers online for a funeral. The flowers were discounted and I was insidiously lured into signing up for a 10$ monthly plan to receive the "special" discount. The information was not laid out clearly and I received NO follow up emails confirming my participation in this program. My bank account was debited each month for 9.95$. Regrettably, I did not catch this for 4 months (total of $39.80 was taken from my account), which has taught me to view my bank statement monthly.

Once I called, I was told that I should have read all the fine print. The women, who helped me, named Jody and Catherine, were condescending in their manner and acted as if I was undedicated. I had to call 5 times to get out of the program and was told that I would not be refunded, yet the website states that refunds are possible (100% satisfaction). The whole ordeal was a very poor experience and with so many online competitors - I suggest you look somewhere else when needing flowers etc. Buyer Beware.

When I asked who was the CEO of Blooms Rewards, I was told her name was Kimberly, but even if I wrote, my letter would not be given to her. Please.

• Ta
    TaylorWWWGuy Jul 22, 2009

I'm dealing with them right now but I caught it after the first $9.95 charge to my account.

I recommend no one use their services until they make it painfully obvious on their website that people will be charged an asinine fee that no one in their right minds would consider worth it.

complaint letter sent

I don't even know where to start, but let me tell you I will NEVER be ordering flowers from your company again. I placed an order with Bloomstoday at 12:45pm on 11/20 and as of 11:15am this morning, the local florist you told me would be handling my order, Finishing Touch, had still not received the order. The first time I called your company this morning, after I found out Finishing Touch had not received the order, I was told the order was "probably" placed with another florist and someone from Bloomstoday would be calling me back to let me know the name and number of the florist. Two hours later, after no one had called me back, I called Bloomstoday again, and was told they would check on the order and then email me the name and number of the florist used. Again, I waited and no email, so I called Bloomstoday yet a third time and was told the order had been placed late morning with Finishing Touch, whom I called again and they couldn't even tell me if they had received the order. The 1:00pm expedited delivery time, which I had paid extra for, had long passed. Finally, I got a return call from Finishing Touch telling me the flowers had been delivered, but they could not tell me what time they were delivered. My daughter called me at 5:00pm, thanking me for the flowers and informed me they had been delivered around 3:30pm. I get an email (see below) from Bloomstoday at 5:45pm confirming the delivery. This was over six hours after I had originally started calling to check on the order/delivery.

I saw the flowers my daughter received and they were pretty, but if that was the premium arrangement, I would hate to see the standard. There were maybe 6 - 8 blooms and the whole arrangement was no more than 18 inches tall, including the vase. I was shocked to see how little my $60 was able to purchase. I could have picked up a much nicer arrangement for about $25 from Kroger. I paid a total of $83.97 for a sub-par flower arrangement and terrible customer service.

In today's economy, one would think a non-essential product company, like a florist, would be bending over backwards to give outstanding service, but that is obviously not the case in this case. I expect my fee of $5.99 for expedited delivery be refunded immediately and if I can find a website that rates online florists, trust me, I will be leaving very negative feedback for your company.

• To
    Tom Dec 29, 2008

I very much agree with the above letter. The flowers we sent to a funeral home were nothing spectacular. There was only one rose with a few carnations. I could have faired better @ the local grocery store! I was a little embarrassed and I got conned out of $60.00! I was initially excited that this would save me time and money but I sure have learned a lesson.
    I can't figure how a company like this can take your money like this...

unauthorised charges on my credit card

I ordered flowers to be sent to my mother and sister who live in usa I like in the uk. I have noticed the strange monthly charge on my credit card and it turns out this company have been charging me $9.95 per month for absolutely nothing. There isw nothing on their order details to say that a one off purchase will accrue a longstanding debt, Carole Charles.

• Ga
    Gayle Kueber Oct 02, 2008

I made a purchase in April 2008 and Blooms reward has been charging my debit card every month for $9.95 . I emailed them to tell them to unsubscribe me ( I didn't know that they automatically subscribe, or I never would have purchased flowers) and their still taking the money out.

• Ri
    Rita Mar 09, 2009

I too made a purchase in Sept 2008 and Blooms reward has been charging my debit card $9.95 a month. I have spoken with someone to cancel my subscription(i didn't know what i was getting into either) I would never had ordered from them.

• Tr
    tr4 Apr 07, 2012

i also encountered this same monthly charge...7 months later. I called and complained and then cancelled. They are thieves!

membership not requested

I sent flowers through the internet and did not realize that I was also applying for a charge of $9.95 per...

unauthorized debit

I was charged $9.95 a month from Blooms Rewards and I don't know why. I just canceled today. I never used their services again and I never would. This is outrageous!

charlotte h harris Sep 17, 2008

how can this sort of stuff happen? this is a very expensive "joke"

• Te
    terri Oct 06, 2008

i agree low income person and thay ripp me off every mounth for something i know nothing about or use sent my 77 year old mom flowers to the hospital.
    ps credit card companys are involed THAY ALLOW IT AND DON 'T HEAR THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THE BILL!!!

• Di
    dissed-off Mar 25, 2011

I have been reading this complaint board with interest since I also have been the subject of Blooms.com ongoing charges for a rewards program I never heard from. When I discovered the monthly charges I called to cancel my so-called membership. I was informed that there were two memberships in my name with my credit card. I requested cancellation of any/all accounts. I received notification that the account was closed. One month later I noticed a new charge of $9.95. When I called to inquire I was told that the "old" account had never been closed and that I owed for many back months membership. I there any legal way to get out of their clutches? I am fuming!

scam

Totally a scam! There are no rewards...just repeated charges of $9.95 per month for nothing.
This hoax should be stopped. I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

• Br
    Brian R Dec 05, 2008

Thank you for this post. After reading it, and being in your exact situation, I aslo submitted a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

• Do
    Donna Apr 09, 2009

I cancelled blooms rewards 6months ago and they posted a charge on my account~unauthorized!!!
    I never made a purchase nor do I plan on it ever!!! scam< scam< scam!!! beware of this rewards program cause the only one getting rewards is them!!! theif of my hard earned money is what this proram is about even if/when you cancel it... they come back and steal money from your account months later!!! I now will have to change account information to block this from happening again!!! fyi~this was the second time blooms rewards did this to me!!!

• Kj
    KJL Jul 25, 2009

Hi. I am a Blooms Rewards member and I LOVE IT!!! The agent who told me about the program when I placed my order was very courteous and explained to me the benefits of the program. There are lots of discounts to be enjoyed on the website, from places like PaPa Johns, Walmart, PetCo, Barnes and Noble, etc. I read about the program online bc Bloomstoday offers 50% off of your order (up to $50) for trying the program. I read about it online, and the website also advises you of the $9.95 monthly fee also, and called in to place my order and the agent explained the program as well. The program is well worth the $9.95 per month if you actually use it. As far as canceling the program and still being charged, that I do not know anything about. But I like the program, there are no "hidden fees" as long as you read the TERMS before you sign up...

• Ld
    ldkjeger Dec 30, 2009

What I thought was a floral service signed me up for a rewards program that charged $9.95 a month. When I found out about the charges and asked the agent to assist me with my user name and password neither allowed me to log on. HOW CAN YOU BE CHARGED FOR A REWARDS PROGRAM THAT YOU CANNOT LOG ONTO? Overall, very disappointed with the customer service and Blooms Rewards itself. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Dc
    D clemens Dec 30, 2009

After they returned my unauthorized fees... months later they charged me again for $30.00. And since I didnt have a cancellation number from the rewards program it took months to regain MY money back from my bank. BEWARE OF "BLOOMS REWARDS" THEY ONLY REWARD THEMSELVES TO YOUR MONEY!!!

• Gl
    GLORIA DAY Nov 08, 2010

I ordered flowers delivered somtime early summer 2010 and have called 3 times cancel a $9.99 charge that is appearing on my charge every month since then. I cannot get them to stop charging me. I never signed up for anything and think this is a huge scam. Can you help?

• Mn
    MNAS Nov 09, 2010

A reward program with no rewards. Continuous monthly charges of $9.99 for nothing at all. Purchase flowers on their website and enroll in program to receive discounts at all types of businesses plus 50 % on order. Allege they will send you brochures regarding program and if unsatisfied you can cancel within 14 days. You'll never receive anything. When you call to cancel they try to talk you out of it. Stay away. Do not order from them. Use a local florist or a reputable online service like FTD. Blooms Today are not worth the hassle.

• Du
    Duxbury, MA Dec 05, 2010

I'm in the exact same boat and we're up to $90 in unauthorized charges! It HAS TO BE ILLEGAL to refuse refunds for products or services that were never ordered and I do plan to research this! $90 would certainly come in handy for Christmas presents but it's not just the money, it's the principal. How do people who run companies like this live with themselves knowing their income is earned by "pulling fast ones" from the often unknowing public? It's disgusting!!

• Al
    Alro Mar 07, 2011

The same thing happened to me. Florist who authorize blooms to do this should be banned until they disassociate themselves from blooms.

• Bl
    bloomssucks Mar 14, 2011

I placed two orders and turned around and canceled both orders. They said they were canceled but yet they still delivered one order of flowers. I then called them and they said they would refund the money within 1 week. It has been 2 months and numerous calls later and they still haven't given me my money back. They also set me up on that rewards thing and keep charging my card 9.99 per month, I told them to cancel that as well but yet they keep charging me. I'm calling BBB today...do not use this website.

Not Happy 39 Apr 07, 2011

I have the same problem...ordered flowers for a funeral and was enrolled automatically in the rewards program. My credit card was charged the $9.95 fee. When I called customer services they refused to refund my money or pro-rate the fee even though I had never received any information at all from them about their rewards program either in the mail or online. Very rude !!! I will never do business with Blooms and will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

• Mi
    MikeBTiredofScams May 27, 2011

I just recently had a similar experience with the Bloom's reward program. If you don't mind dealing with businesses that pull these kind of tactics, go ahead. But please recognize that the language is inentionally worded to mislead you. The 21 day trial period works like this: You are automatically signed up for TWO programs that are set to bill you automatically. One must be cancelled before 21 days have elapsed, and one requires that you wait 21 days before cancelling to receive the initial benefit. What a bunch of snakes.

• Li
    Lisa from Columbia Jun 24, 2011

A bunch of snakes pretty well sums it up !! My flowers were never delivered and they continued to take money from my account each month for nothing!! I will never have anything to do with this company again and everyone I know will know of the what a scam this really is. Consumer beware!!! My account was closed as of 6-24-2011 we will see when they stop taking my money - I will keep everyone updated.

jarvis347 Aug 11, 2011

This company has NO SCRUPLES. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM EVER!! I suggest that we, as a group who've been taken advantage of, take a class action suit against this company. They secretly enroll you into a "club" and begin taking money from your bank account on a monthly basis. There must be some super small disclaimer on the site that admits this, but it ABSOLUTELY NOT CLEAR when making a purchase. These people are disgusting thieves. Go to FTD or something

STEER CLEAR

• Is
    islandgirl2 Aug 30, 2011

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!
    This is nothing more than a SCAM!!! The person who said they love it works for the company. They screwed me out of my hard earned money. I GOT NOTHING!!! Absolutely NOTHING!!! Oh, how about some useless coupons for $2.00 off...or for someplace an hour away!!! I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. I implore everyone else to do the same!! I wish I had checked these sites first!!!

If you hear this company's name...turn around and RUN!!!

jamieblanco Sep 26, 2011

Dont buy flowers. Thye automatcilly signed me up for two things that ended up cosing me alomst $100 when they adervitzed they would save me $30 on flowers, what crap. Dont fall for it. Buy from someone that does honest business.

Bloomsrewards is a scam!

jamieblanco Sep 26, 2011

Agree they are a scam dont buy from Bloomsrewards! SCAM!!

• Cy
    cymonium Sep 27, 2011

Same thing happened to me today. I noticed the charge immediately after the purchase was made and tried then to cancel it. The membership is NOT plainly laid out and does NOT show up on the receipt. It's a totally $9.99/mth scam!!
    I placed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am now waiting their response. I was able to cancel the order for flowers but the membership fee is unable to be cancelled for 21 more days. Total scam!

Chatty Cathy Nov 03, 2011

I also ordered online. I looked them up first and saw all the complaints so I wasnt sure, but they had such great prices. So I read the promotion, its a whole page where they go over everything and it explaines it all. I did the promo saved 45.00 which was awesome. Tried the memberships and then I canceled and had no more charges. Everyone was nice, flowers were great and their website, unlike most others, has the promo details all layed out there is no "fine print" so not sure why everyone post so many complaints. I say great company super great promo!!

• Na
    Natalie PA Dec 05, 2011

Blooms Rewards unknowingly for me signed me up for 2 "reward" programs, when I bought flowers from them, and then kept on charging $9.99 + $14.99 at least once a month. They charged me $14.99 twice in the month of October. They ran over $75.00 charges before I caught on.

This business is a scam. What can I do to make them reverse the charges I did not authorize?

• Pu
    Puffins Jan 05, 2012

I'm so angry with this company. The company also misrepresented the membership which I understood to be a one time fee. Instead $120 later, I'm trying to get @ least a partial refund. I'm thinking of the attorney general office in Virginia as well as newspaper and Better Business Bureau. Does anyone know if there is any investigation going on with this company?

• Di
    Dimo Jan 10, 2012

Complete SCAM!!! All I wanted to do is send flowers to my girlfriend. They use marketing tricks to and "discounts" to get your attention. When I looked on the credit card statement I was charged $9.99 for some membership that I didn't wanted or needed. When I called to cancel it, they told me I cannot cancel until two weeks after I signed up. They would not refund my money either! Very disappointed and will NEVER use them again!

• Ca
    CABMXKREW05 Jan 18, 2012

First: The customer service rep. was so very rude .
    second: Being charged for something you did not sign up for .
    Third: The product was not as advertised.
    Fourth:Being over charged for the product that was advertised.
    I also bought a tree in memory of my father in laws passing and the family never received it . This company is all around false and have no customer service skills what so ever ... Its a sham that this company takes advantage of people
    PURE SCAM!.. DISCUSTED CONSUMER

unauthorized charge

I bought flowers from them off their website and for months i was being charged $9.95 a month without...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices