Menu

complaints

Big Stock Photo Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
16 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Big Stock Photo at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Big Stock Photo has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Big Stock Photo. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Big Stock Photo complaints 16

Sort by:

Newest Big Stock Photo complaints

N
5:48 pm EDT

Big Stock Photo Shady Business: Big Stock Photo Charged Me After Cancellation

I ain't happy with Big Stock Photo. I used to have a subscription, but I canceled it a while back. But guess what? They charged me $79.00 without me knowing! I did everything right when I canceled before, but I had to do it again and still got charged. I'm worried that they didn't really cancel it like they said they did. Why am I getting charged when I already canceled months ago? This is some shady business, and I ain't gonna give them my money again. They better give me a refund for that last charge, 'cause my account was canceled, dang it!

M
4:11 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Disappointing Customer Service and Hidden Charges at Big Stock Photo

So, my company wanted me to check out Big Stock Photo to see if they were better than our competitors. I signed up for a free trial, but it was so short that I didn't even get a chance to use it before I had to cancel. I decided to give it another shot and signed up for another free trial, but to my surprise, I was immediately charged $91. I hadn't even used a single image yet!

I contacted them right away to explain the mistake and ask for a refund so I could continue with the trial, but instead of helping me out, they hit me with a bunch of legal talk and told me I had to pay up. I was pretty disappointed with their customer service and felt like they were just after my money.

In the end, we decided to go with a different company that was much nicer and more accommodating. It's a shame because I was really hoping to give Big Stock Photo a fair shot, but their lack of customer service really turned me off. If you're looking for a stock photo provider, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

3:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Big Stock Photo Review: Disappointing Pictures and Scammy Promos

So, I gotta say, I wasn't too impressed with Big Stock Photo. The pictures just didn't really do it for me, ya know? And to top it off, their promos are a total scam. I signed up for a trial, but cancelled it two days before it was supposed to end. But guess what? They still charged my card! Can you believe it?

So, I reached out to them to dispute the charge, and at first they straight up denied that I had cancelled it. But then, I was able to show them a banner that popped up on my account page that said "Reactivate your subscription". Only then did they agree to give me my money back. But get this - they told me that they charge your account three days before the end of the trial so you don't "have interupted service". How nice of them, right?

Honestly, I bet their biggest source of revenue is from people who forget to cancel their trial or don't pay attention to their bank statement. I mean, it's probably like 90% of Americans who fall for that kind of thing. But not me, no sir. I'm too smart for that.

Anyway, all in all, I wouldn't really recommend Big Stock Photo. The pictures just aren't worth the hassle, and their promos are a total rip-off. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Hide full review

Is Big Stock Photo legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Big Stock Photo as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Big Stock Photo stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Big Stock Photo should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Big Stock Photo earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Big Stock Photo achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Big Stock Photo. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Big Stock Photo has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Big Stock Photo has claimed the domain name for bigstockphoto.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Bigstockphoto.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Big Stock Photo website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Bigstockphoto.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Big Stock Photo and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Big Stock Photo has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 16 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Big Stock Photo protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Big Stock Photo. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
K

Big Stock Photo Big Stock Photo: Poor Customer Service and Unwanted Charges

So, I decided to give Big Stock Photo a try, since the name suggests that they have a big stock of photos. I signed up for their 5-day trial, which gives you 5 images per day. However, on the last day of my trial, I realized that the images they offer are not sufficient for my needs. So, I sent them an email to cancel my subscription.

But, to my surprise, they ignored my cancellation email and charged me twice for the subscription. And, to make matters worse, they claimed that I also signed up for videos, which I didn't. I have not used any more images, and I don't even know how to use video images. But, they are refusing to offer me a refund.

I advise you not to use this company, as they are poor in their customer service. They didn't even send me an email to confirm my purchase, which is another reason not to use them. I would have attached an image to this review, but they didn't send me an email to confirm my purchase.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Mixed Experience with Big Stock Photo: Decent Customer Service, but Major Issues with Payments and Backoffice

I gotta say, I had a bit of a mixed experience with Big Stock Photo. On one hand, their customer service was pretty decent - I had a little mix-up with two accounts, but they gave me a partial refund in a timely manner. So that was alright.

But on the other hand, there were a few things that really rubbed me the wrong way. First off, there's no free trial - and if you're billed three days before your renewal, well, that's just not cool. And to make matters worse, there's no email confirmation of your subscription, so you're left in the dark about what you're actually paying for.

And speaking of payments, there's no email information about upcoming or processed charges on your credit card. I mean, come on - how hard is it to send a quick email to let people know what's going on with their money?

And don't even get me started on the backoffice. It's just not intuitive at all, and it's designed in a way that's really misleading. You don't realize what you're subscribing to, and it's hard to tell if your cancellation went through or not.

Oh, and here's a real kicker - I had a 5 images/day subscription, but I missed a few days. And guess what? Those images are just gone - they're not refunded or accumulated. What a scam!

To top it all off, the images aren't even well translated into German, and the search options are super limited. It takes forever to find the image you're looking for.

All in all, I wouldn't really recommend Big Stock Photo. There are just too many issues with their service, and it's not worth the hassle.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Big Stock Photo Review: Auto-billing, no alerts, and hidden policies - my experience

So, I recently had an experience with Big Stock Photo and I gotta say, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. First off, I noticed that there was no mention of a three day period in their terms of service. I mean, come on now, how are we supposed to know what we're getting into if they don't even mention it? And to make matters worse, they auto billed me before my subscription plan even ended! Like, what the heck man? And don't even get me started on the fact that they won't even send an email or text to let you know that you're about to be charged. It's like they just expect you to know or something.

To top it all off, I'm not even going to use their service and they still charged me. Like, seriously? What kind of nonsense is that? I decided to email them about my concerns and I'm waiting for a response. Once I get one, I'll be sure to write a detailed response about it.

Update: So, they finally replied to my email and I gotta say, they understood my point and returned my money in just three working days. I guess they do work in good faith after all. However, I did request that they send alerts prior to deducting from my account. I mean, it's only fair, right? Overall, I'm satisfied with their response and I hope they take my suggestion into consideration for future customers.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Big Stock Photo Review: Free Trial Disappointment & Poor Customer Service

I gotta say, I tried out Big Stock Photo with their free 7 day trial and it was a real bummer. I mean, they advertise 5 free photos a day for a whole week, any size, any picture. But when I tried to download anything, it was a no-go. Apparently, some of the pictures I wanted were only for "extended use" or something like that. And there was no fine print or anything warning me about that.

So, I reached out to their customer support center a bunch of times, hoping they could help me out. But their instructions didn't really do much for me. I couldn't even cancel my account or log out properly. It was a real headache.

Honestly, I think they should have given me an extension on the trial since I couldn't even use their website properly. But when I finally got through to a live agent to cancel my account, they didn't even ask why I was leaving or try to keep me as a customer.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend Big Stock Photo to anyone. It was a real letdown.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Big Stock Photo Stole My Hard-Earned Money: A Warning to All Content Creators

I spent a whole year working on 2000 designs to sell on Big Stock Photo. It was a lot of work, but I was excited to see what kind of money I could make. Unfortunately, after all that effort, I only made $100 in commissions. I didn't withdraw the funds right away, but I never expected what happened next.

One day, I logged into my account and noticed that my PayPal payout email address had been changed. I didn't do it, so I assumed my account had been hacked. But when I checked my PayPal account, I saw that all the funds had been withdrawn without any confirmation from me. I was shocked and angry.

I immediately contacted Big Stock Photo to report the issue. I received an automated response, but that was it. They didn't help me at all. In fact, they suspended my account right away. I tried to contact them over 100 times over the next two months, but I never received a single reply. It was like they didn't care about me or my money.

I'm convinced that Big Stock Photo stole my money. It's a terrible thing to do to someone who worked so hard to create content for their platform. I would never recommend them to anyone. Stay away from Big Stock Photo if you don't want to risk losing your hard-earned money.

T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Big Stock Photo Review: Overpriced and Limited Selection - Stay Away!

I gotta say, I gave Big Stock Photo a try with their 7 day trial. I signed up late one night, or early morning depending on how you look at it, and unfortunately missed the rebill cutoff by just a few hours. My 7 days was one day off from their 7 days, you know what I mean? But boy oh boy, did I pay for it. They billed me for not one, but TWO subscriptions. That's right, $79 for 5 images a day and another $79 for 5 videos a day. I tried to explain the timing issue to their Customer Service, but all I got was a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo thrown back at me. No help at all.

So now I'm stuck paying $158 for images and videos that I could have gotten from other subscription services for a fraction of the price. And let me tell you, the video options on Big Stock Photo are pretty limited and blah. I mean, come on, I already have subscriptions with Depositphotos and yayimages, both of which offer similar material at a much better price. Plus, they have lots of deal prices if you check the web.

So, do yourself a big favor and stay away from Big Stock Photo. There are much better options out there that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Lesson learned, and it cost me a whopping $158!

Y
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Big Stock Photo Mixed Experience with Big Stock Photo's 7 Day Free Trial: Proceed with Caution

I gave Big Stock Photo a try with their 7 day FREE Trial and I gotta say, it was a bit of a mixed bag. While I did find a few images that met my needs and were of high quality, I was disappointed to find that there wasn't quite enough content available to really make the most of the trial. I needed a lot more images than what was on offer, and unfortunately, Big Stock Photo just didn't have what I was looking for.

When it came time to cancel my account on the 7th day, I was surprised to find that my credit card had already been charged. Apparently, Big Stock Photo charges credit cards 3 days prior to the end of the trial period. Needless to say, I was not happy about this and immediately challenged the charge on my card.

After a bit of back and forth with customer service, I was eventually able to get a refund. However, it did take some time for the refund to process - about 3-5 days. So if you're thinking about giving Big Stock Photo a try, my advice would be to proceed with caution. Make sure you thoroughly communicate with them and cancel your trial at least 4 days prior to the end of the 7 day period to avoid any unwanted charges.

Overall, I think Big Stock Photo has some potential, but it's definitely not for everyone. If you're looking for a wide variety of high quality images, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you're willing to put in the time and effort to find what you need, it could be worth giving them a shot. Just be prepared to deal with some potential hiccups along the way.

T
3:27 am EDT

Big Stock Photo Shady business

I want to warn everybody about BigStockPhoto, better stay away from them, because they are scammers and not to be trusted.
I decided to try their service and signed up for a free trial. I used BigStockPhoto for maybe a week or two and decided to find another similar site. But the thing was that I forgot to cancel my subscription.
When I got charged I remembered about that. They charged me a monthly fee and I didn't even ask for refund, because that was my mistake. I only asked them to cancel my subscription, but they said that they'll cancel only after I pay for a full year. According to their rep I signed up for a 12 months plan and I could cancel my membership only after I pay for the whole plan! Are you kidding me? I never signed up for a year, I never even planned to stay with them for such a long time. Horrible nasty cheaters! I called my bank and cancelled my card only to save my money from BigStockPhoto. Don't use them!

K
1:33 am EST

Big Stock Photo Trial scam

I have the same problem as many others, I got into their free trial scam! I signed up for BigStockPhoto only because I wanted to see what this site was about and wanted to try it. I cancelled my subscription 2 days before the expiry date. I was shocked when I found out that my subscription was renewed! I contacted customer service to find out what was going on but they did not reply. When I checked the reviews I realized this whole thing was just a scam! Seriously, do not deal with BigStockPhoto! Even though I cancelled my free account they still charged me and there is no way to get a refund!

12:47 am EDT

Big Stock Photo Unauthorized charges!

They stole over $400 from me! I bought some pics from BigStockPhoto website and then I noticed that some money disappeared from my card! Next month the same thing happened and I called my bank and asked them to find out who was taking my money. That is how I found out that charges were made by BigStockPhoto. When I contacted them and asked for a refund, they refused and said that they did nothing wrong and that I subscribed myself. I had no idea about that! They were charging me for the last 11 months and after months of fighting they finally agreed to refund for one month only! What a joke! These guys still owe me and I will not give up until I get my money back!

R
6:25 am EDT

Big Stock Photo They started to charge me too early

I joined the website www.bigstockphoto.com and decided to try their plan. I subscribed for 10 days free trial, but when I wanted to cancel it, it turned out that they already started to take charges for me. I haven’t subscribed for the plan or anything else, but they simply started to charge me for nothing. I wonder if there are people, who face the same problems. What measures do you take in order to stop it?

P
4:53 am EDT

Big Stock Photo I wasted time on filling the form and completing the steps

People, beware and don’t waste your time on the website www.bigstockphoto.com. I filled the form and followed the steps on the website in order to get free stock photos, but it redirected me to another website and again the same steps and blah-blah. Not recommended website, ‘coz you won’t get anything for free. Stay away from them and don’t waste time. Post comment about your things with them.

B
10:39 am EDT

Big Stock Photo Their free trial is scam

I signed for 7 days free trial on the website www.bigstockphoto.com. I was really upset with this website, ‘coz they promised to provide 7 photos per day of any size, but I couldn’t get it. I tried to contact their customer services, but these jerks told me that they didn’t provide it for free trial. WTF? They lie and scam, and better don’t sign up for them. Total waste of time. Not recommended website, as well as post your comments and views about it.

Read full review of Big Stock Photo and 1 comment