Menu

complaints

Seek by iNaturalist Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Seek by iNaturalist's exceptional service, your concerns are likely to be addressed quickly and effectively. However, stay informed about their service offerings and policies. Regularly review user feedback on various platforms to get a complete picture of their customer service. Prepare specific questions or concerns you might have before contacting support for a more streamlined experience.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Seek by iNaturalist has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Seek by iNaturalist. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Seek by iNaturalist complaints 17

Sort by:

Newest Seek by iNaturalist complaints

R
1:44 pm EDT

Seek by iNaturalist Seek App

We just got new phones this week (7-24-23) and although the Seek app transferred to the new phone, my hundreds of observations did not. We have been unable to get help using the support e-mail for iNaturalist. There is no link on the app for 'export to file' etc. I need instructions on how to get my Seek observations transferred from my old phone to my new phone.

Desired outcome: I would like to be able to copy my observations to the Seek app on my new phone.

J

Seek by iNaturalist They weird

They now ur location don’t danload it not safe

Seek by iNaturalist New update

With the new update you cannot zoom in on the animals you are trying to identify in the photo. This was a feature in the previous version and very useful

Hide full review

Is Seek by iNaturalist legit?

Our verdict: Seek by iNaturalist has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Seek by iNaturalist's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Seek by iNaturalist can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Seek by iNaturalist earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Seek by iNaturalist achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Seek by iNaturalist resolved 94% of 17 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Seek by iNaturalist has received 15 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for inaturalist.org can be seen as a positive aspect for Seek by iNaturalist as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Seek by iNaturalist's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Inaturalist.org has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Seek by iNaturalist website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for Seek by iNaturalist have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Seek by iNaturalist and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Inaturalist.org regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Seek by iNaturalist.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Seek by iNaturalist protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
D
Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Doesn’t recognize anything

Let me save you the trouble. Absolutely every plant is just a “dicot.” Tried it for weeks, updated to get rid of bugs several times, made sure the pictures were clear, and it still can’t figure out what anything is.

Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist was great, now not

worked really well fir a couple of days but now on opening it just flashes for about 30 seconds then once you oress the cameta icon all it can identify is generic "dicots"
Was great, now useless. Ios13.4,iPhone 6s
I'll give a better rating once you fix the bugs...

Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Really bad update

The app worked fairly well before the update, but since the update, there are a LOT of bugs, lost submissions/photos, and poor camera settings. For accurate submissions you need to be able to focus/zoom, and the app doesn’t allow the camera to do that. Such a disappointing update. ☹️

X
Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Set a new password?

I’ve tried about four times to set a new password and seek app seems to refuse to send that information to my email. They keep telling me they’ve sent me the information to my email but they don’t actually send it,and yes I have checked junk mail-so now I’m going to look for a new app

Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Keeps crashing but was a good app

When I first got this it was so amazing the app worked perfectly and I used it to identify garden weeds which was super fun. I recently downloaded it again and now within seconds of opening the app it crashes. I have downloaded like three times and the same thing keeps happening. Pretty hard to use an app that doesn’t work properly.

Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Used to love this app

I’ve used this app for a long time and have enjoyed the ease of use and ability to identify plants along a local trail. Unfortunately for the past couple of weeks the app is no longer accessing my photos - blank screen. This renders the app mostly unusable to me as o prefer the camera options for photos in other apps. Please fix this soon, spring is almost over!

C

Seek by iNaturalist questions

Is it really true that there is no rotation on my iPad?

Whenever I allowed it to look at my photos it immediately started populating (seemingly randomly) from the photos on my phone. This would indicate to me that you have the ability to download any or all of my photos. Is that correct? Is there another way for me to pick a photo or group of photos and hand them off to your app?

C

Seek by iNaturalist Keeps crashing

I literally just downloaded this app and made an account, excited to get to know my environment a little more.

When I tried to click on a species, the app crashed on me. I tried again and the same thing happened. Then, I tried to click on a different species and again, it crashed. I even closed the app, gave it a few minutes and tried again but to no avail.

I wouldn’t recommend this app since it appears to not even work. I’m just going to delete it.

Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Potential to be great

I feel like this app was better BEFORE the “fancy” interface update. Features like zoom, the Wikipedia link, and immediately sorting it into your recording log seem to have disappeared. It’s exciting on trips to take photos (great ones, close up, zoomed in) when there’s no service, and disappointing when you’re down at the bottom of the hill and Seek can’t tell the specie identity. I once took a pic of the dog, and seek knew he was a canine. Now, I’m not so confident.

Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist I WANT to like it but it keeps shutting down

I was so excited when I found this app! I have been exploring botany during quarantine and wanted to use Seek to help me expand my knowledge of local flora in a community-driven gamelike way, but I haven’t been able to get a single successful identification saved.
Every time I open the camera or take a photo, the app force quits me back out to my phone’s home screen and loses the photo and the identification.
Unfortunately in this state it’s basically unusable for me which makes me sad.

O

Seek by iNaturalist Frustrating App

I applaud the idea behind this app. However, it clearly needs work. Animals and objects need to be centered, and still there’s a huge possibility, it won’t be identified. The database appears limited. Most frustrating, though, is the inability to choose albums other than the Camera Roll from which to choose. Additionally, once a species is identified and you try to add another, here you go back to the beginning of the camera roll and have to scroll through, in my case, a huge number of photos to get back to where you left off.
Seek and you likely ‘won’t find’.

Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Recent update made it worse

This app used to be surprisingly great. It wasn't perfect, but if you had reasonable expectations and confirmed its IDs with a second source, it was definitely super useful.

Unfortunately, the recent major update has basically broken it. It no longer seems to be able to ID anything to species at all, and when it makes a guess at a higher taxonomic level it uses the common name instead of the scientific which is actually kind of misleading—it will call an apple a rose, or a broccoli a mustard, for instance.

Also, it's no longer possible to crop images in the app in order to highlight the organism being identified. This was a very useful feature and I don't understand why it was removed.

The app was great before but now it's useless. Why? So disappointing.

K

Seek by iNaturalist Animal & plants

So now I’m almost on top of a swan...tells you it’s a swan but won’t Add because it can’t identify which kind. Also identified a hippo as a west Indian manatee..seriously?
Third comment...still not impressed with new updates, 10 feet away from bright red cardinal & still doesn’t recognize, keep workin on it guys. Neat little app, if you can get it to recognize things, in a lot of cases you have to be almost on top of the animal for it to be recognized...don’t think I’m going to do that with some of the things here in Florida
Second rating, needs a little work is an understatement, terrible identification of animals, tells u to zoom in & when you do still cannot identify, then tells you to take another photo & get closer, obviously they’ve never been chased by an angry goose, and never mind that it’s too late, deleting.

D
Seek by iNaturalist has left an official reply on this complaint.

Seek by iNaturalist Worst app ever!

I just downloaded this app a few minutes ago and I can’t make it work. It asked me if I wanted it to use my location. I said no. I don’t understand why the app needs to know where I am. Then, when I tried to use the app, it said I can’t use it unless I let it know my location. Why does the app give you the option to say you don’t want it to use your location if that isn’t really an option? I really wanted to use the app,so I decided that I would let it know my location. It said I could configure that in settings. I went to settings and there was no option for turning the location on! There are only three options in the settings: Select language,Seek camera, and species detail. So my advice to anyone downloading this app is to make sure you say yes to allowing the app to know where you are. If you don’t, apparently you won’t have the opportunity later to turn location detection on. I am deleting the app now.

Hide full review

Overview of Seek by iNaturalist customer experience

Seek by iNaturalist, a popular nature identification app, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from consumers. Users have reported issues with the app's accuracy, with many claiming that it misidentifies common species. Additionally, the app has been criticized for its slow loading times and frequent crashes. Some users have also expressed concerns about the app's privacy policy, as it collects and shares user data with third-party advertisers. Overall, Seek by iNaturalist has left many users frustrated and disappointed with its performance.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Seek by iNaturalist contacts