Having problems with Best Buy?

Best Buy Customer Service Contacts

7601 Penn Avenue South
Richfield, Minnesota
United States - 55423-3645

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Best Buy Customer Service. Initial Best Buy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Best Buy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Best Buy. Discuss the issues you have had with Best Buy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

BestBuythis store is unprofessional, unscrupulous, and unsafe

After purchasing a printer from the Washington, DC Best Buy at 4500 Wisconsin Avenue NW, an employee from the store accessed my account information and made several charges to my account. After realizing this, I spoke with a manager at the store. The manager did NOTHING to help me. This store is unprofessional, unscrupulous, and unsafe. If you want to protect your account and avoid fraud, DO NOT SHOP at the Best Buy in Tenelytown on 4500 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington DC.

notnicetopointfingers Mar 08, 2010

Best Buy employees do not have access to any account information from customers. Perhaps your card (I assume you payed with plastic) got skimmed. Which case, it happens, this is why Best Buy provides card readers so you don't have to let it leave your sight. Else if you payed with your BBY Credit Card, bring the actual card with you and stop being lazy and typing your social security number on the key pad.

Best Buysecurity cameras

I went to Best Buy to buy some products for my business. They referred me to a business account manager who sold me my audio vidio products at my restaurant. He also told me that he could set me up with a 8 camera security system that records to a DVR that I could check from anywhere. I didn't know Best Buy was in the security business, but the prices were great. The installation didn't go smoothly with the cameras, I still had problems connecting to them remotely as promised. I ended contacting a security company in town to fix the Geek Squad's problems, and they informed me that Best Buy and Geek Squad illegally installed the security cameras under Texas law. They quickly fixed the issues I was having and I havent had any sense. I am apaulled that Best Buy and Geek Squad do not follow the law. It would have been cheaper if I had gone to real security people in the first place.

Feb 23, 2020

Best Buy Canada — Warranty fraud

My wife has finally made her last purchase from Best Buy. She bought a laptop computer for University, she...

Calgary

Best Buyfalse advertising

Best Buy had an advertisement for Fable 2 Platinum Hits for Xbox 360.

However the item sent is the original Fable 2, with no copy of the actual Platinum Hits.

This is a loss of $20 and false advertising. Very disappointed.

• Eb
          eb.wong Feb 21, 2010

Yeah they did the same thing to me and when I called to complain they told me I had to go to the store but when I went to the store they told me "Oh look when I scan the SKU Fable 2 Platinum Hits come up so we did nothing wrong". I guess if I buy a blueray player from them and they hand me a dvd player they wont have to do anything so long as when they scan the sku it comes up on their computers as a blueray player. Awful customer service, they basically had me run around and then told me to deal with it, they weren't gonna change anything cause I dont think they even have the real Platinum Hits version.

BestBuy — reward points stolen

I bought over $3, 000 worth of electronics from BestBuy.I had trouble activating my account. By the time the...

Edmonton

BestBuycustomer service / unauthorized disposal of personal property

I am currently experiencing a very disheartening issue at the Baton Rouge Best Buy Location near the Mall of Louisiana. I apologize for the long length of this issue but I feel that is of heavy importance that I articulate the entire experience in a detailed manner so that the situation is fully understood. I wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday by getting his GMC Yukon audio fully functioning. We were robbed over a year ago and parts were missing. I made an appointment for the installation. I was asked to pay beforehand. I explained that I would feel more comfortable having someone inspect the vehicle first so that I could get a more realistic estimate as well as be sure that the work could be in fact performed. I knew that damage had most likely been done by the thieves but was not sure how much. My husband is the one who usually deals with everything auto related so I knew I would need help figuring out what would be needed. While the technician examined the car I remembered the importance of a working alarm system for the protection of that equipment. Rather than have him double back and inspect again the existing car alarm I made sure to go back into the inspection area and request that he also inspect the car alarm because we would need to get that repaired as well. I made very clear to him that I was unaware of the parts necessary as well as the extent of damage and would be relying on his opinion as to what I needed. He said that he may not have time to add an alarm but would inspect the vehicle and then let me know if it was needed and if he had time. After inspecting the vehicle he came out and said, "Ok we can go ahead and do the alarm, what kind do you need? One with automatic start?" I assumed that with that statement I must no longer have an alarm or it neede to be replaced. I assumed the thieves took the parts or damaged them completely. He had me look at the alarms in order to choose one. I told him that I would have to take the less expensive alarm because the prices were just adding up. I had previously suspected that only parts would be needed to repair the existing alarm. Had I known that my pre-existing and much higher quality alarm presently in the car was fully functional I would have never agreed to install a less comparable one. In addition to this I was told or asked whether or not it would be ok to remove my old alarm and dispose of it when it still had value. I later found out that it only required the button push key and that the issues could be diagnosed and resolved for a much cheaper price. The installer did not inform me that I would be charged an additional fee to remove my already functional alarm. He just did so. At the time I was simply relying on and trusting in his expertise. I feel as though my my lack of knowledge was used to take advantage of me. When I arrived at home to surprise my husband he was initially excited until he inspected the work. He turned the sound on to notice that the front 2 speakers were not functioning. He then looked at the new keys and said why did they give you these, they are the wrong ones for our alarm system. I told him that I asked the young man to see if I needed one and he installed this one. My husband was furious after finding out that after an inspection of the alarm system that I was told none of this pertinent information and his high quality alarm was deactivated. It was not until he went to the site that he was told that it was actually removed and trashed. He asked to speak with a manager after getting nowhere with the initial salesman. He was joined by two other salesmen as well as the manager Greg Newman. All of the men talked to my husband simultaneously causing him to feel threatened. They cut him off and would leave back in forth and speak amongst themselves continuously changing the details of there roles as well as store policy. One of the salesmen told my husband that I was lying to him and I simply walked in knowledgeable and requested a stereo and alarm with no need for an inspection. All of these tactics made us feel humiliated and insulted and as if they were being deceitful. They then told him that since he was not there he did not know what he was talking about, even though we spoke extensively about my discussion with the salesman. I then spoke over the phone to the salesman as well as the manager. When speaking with the manager he refused to listen to my explanation of relying on feedback from his employee in order to make an educated decision. At no time was I disrespectful to Mr. Newman. He however decided that he was done listening to my explanation of the ordeal and simply put down the phone and walked away. My husband picked up the phone and said that he just walked away without evening making sure that a resolution was reached. My husband then informed that salesman that he was not satisfied with this service and that he wanted to contact a supervisor over Mr. Newman. They refused to give him any phone number for customer service. Then as my husband was walking over and asking a floor associate for the same information, Mr. Newman told him that even if customer service agreed to resolve the issue that he would not touch our vehicle or allow any of his employees to touch the vehicle and that nobody from customer service could make him do it. Then as my husband was walking away the other salesman continue to tell my husband repeatedly that I was a liar and that if he was not finished there that he was ready to handle it (basically he was challenging my husband to fight with him). My husband left the store and we immediately called customer service. I have never experienced anything along these lines. My husband was threatened, teamed up on, verbally insulted, and humiliated in the middle of our neighborhood BestBuy. It is incredible!!! Customer service is of little help at this point. We simply wanted the front speakers repaired, the low grade alarm returned and our alarm back initially. After experiencing this it feels as though we would have to be entitled to something more if not for the sake of our dignity. At this point we were contacted and told that most of the parts of our old alarm system were dug out of the trash (it's now inoperable do to the method of extraction and disposal) and is waiting for us at the front of the store because they want us no where near the department as if we are horrible people. The hostile BestBuy employees are continuing to add fuel to the fire by refusing to deal with customer service. Frankly I am afraid to return. If they feel comfortable enough to speak to my husband who is a rather large guy in the way that they did there is no way that I am setting foot in there ever again. At this point there is still no resolution. No one with any actual authority has contacted us. Someone from customer service said we could go back to the same location only and repair the speakers. That’s not happening! And we were offered a $100 gift card which is only a 5th of the cost of our old alarm and is not even half of what I had to pay for the new alarm that we supposedly needed.

• Ka
            katbrennan Feb 28, 2014

Oh my gosh, I can't even believe that. It's really unfortunate that you had such a horrible customer service experience. Anyone who works with the public for a living should never deal with an issue in the way that they did. Frankly, I am surprised that you weren't reimbursed more for the damage to your original alarm system by the main customer service employees. I mean, why would they really think that you would want a gift card to spend more money at the establishment that has caused you so much grief. I hope that there is some way for you to resolve this, or at least for their employees to learn how to treat their customers. Kat Brennan | http://www.wanneroo4x4wreckers.com.au

• Zo
            zoidberg Dec 21, 2011

Returns and cancletions not being put back on as credit ?? 544.00 and some change.

Put it back on the credit card please...

• Ki
            killbinvol3 Jul 17, 2010

wow, I returned a 3dtv today and they told me i could not get refunded for the geek squad ste up, holy ### the mother###er did nothgin in my house.
            when I complained, the Manager Brian, called me a liar and called the cops on me, holy ###, in Greece, NY. I have spent thousands of dollars in that ###ing ### hole, this is the second time they have done something ###ed up to me, and thats why wallmart will get my money from now on

• Fa
            faint Jan 22, 2010

That sounds about right for Best Buy. Now that they have little competition, they feel they can do whatever they want with no recourse.

Do you have any consumer rights advocates on your local news channels or newspapers? I would go to them. Maybe the threat of bad press will shame them into doing the right thing. Good luck!

• Fo
            Foller Jan 21, 2010

Bestbuy Greek Squad should be changed to unreliable squad..my tv broke 6 months ago and the tech that was supposed to come fix it has cancelled on me 4 times...everytime you ask to speak to supersivor they can never be found... Never get a warranty from them..dont waste your time...there is there warranty places out there that are just as good with better service.

• Ze
            zebra kitty Dec 09, 2009

They will accept a bank statement in leiu of a receipt.

Being a popular electronics store, they have to have some proof of purchase to avoid buying back any possible stolen merchandise (or things bought cheaper at another store).

• Ka
            Kathy Stein Dec 09, 2009

I purchase a lap top battery charger at Best Buy on Ridge Rd in Greece. The charger did not work - the receipt was lost. The manager said sorry nothing we can do, yes I do know the charger is new but that is our store policy. I called Best Buy in Henrietta, complainet about the manager. Customer Service said we are sorry, the manager should have exchange the battery charge since it was brand new. Customer Service told me to come right in and pick up another one. I will never go to Best Buy in Greece on Ridge Rd. Try the Best Buy in Henerietta. Customer Service was awesome.

• He
            Heremin Dec 09, 2009

I will never shop here again. Their return policy is ridiculous. I bought a $50.00 charger for my digital camera becuse I thought I lost mine, well I find my original charger and take the one I bought from Best Buy back. Unfortunately, I lost the receipt but the charger was in the original packaging which was untouched. These people wouldn't take it back or even give me store credit! Even clothing stores will let you exchange an iteam.

• Cc
            CCcoper Dec 02, 2009

I bought a $500 Sony camera at Best Buy that broke within six months. When it broke again (the same way) 12 days outside of the one year warranty, Best Buy refused to stand behind it or have it fixed again.

Best Buyinsurance

I am writing to alert people about the insurance scam regarding computer insurance. I purchased insurance for about $300, for a computer valued at $750. I was told that the insurance involved replacement of product. I was expecting the type of insurance offered by Staples, and the worker told me that is what it was. However, I am now told that I will have to leave the item for repair. I am absolutely furious. I will never purchase from that store again. Horrible customer service; no value for the insurance. I will likely sue. Would love to make this a class action. Issue: insurance is provide without any details and you are left with the whim given by the sales person.

Anyone else with the same issue please email me asap.

• Di
              disgruntledeasytech Mar 01, 2011

Can't believe nobody had replied to this one. @onaclearday, I feel your pain. I work at Staples so I know how frustrating it can be to be without a computer in this day and age. But even Staples does not as a policy offer immediate, on-site repair of your PC.

Best Buybait and switch

Here's a new wrinkle on Bait and Switch...

Many retailers offer floor displays when new models arrive.

Best Buy claims they have never used floor display models. They use words like "open box" "clearance" "unactive". Try and pin them down and watch them squirm and waver. Get ready for double talk and man who speak with forked tongue. It will pour forth. I bought a never used floor display, the darn thing reached the second spin display and practically blew out out my whole electric supply. All the lights grew dim, my picture on the TV shrunk to half size, I measured the voltage and it dropped to 82 volts on the line! Being more then technically inclined I couldn't believe a new machine would do this. I blamed my wiring. I replaced the line and outlet. I made sure it was a single line with no branches, directly from the service box. Tried, same thing. Tried on a different outlet or two, same thing.

The display was defective. I returned it. Of course it was a good deal and they made no effort to replace it. They offered more costly machines. In fact another machine. Another "display". It had a scratch on the window, they dropped the price. We pulled it out and it had no leveling control legs, I pulled the soap dispenser try out - soap residue. Obviously a used return they claimed was never used. Then they offered me another machine, new...with only $10 off. They increased my cost $200. I fought, they lowered my increase to $160. I accepted and paid the difference. Guess what? None in stock, however I could pick one up at another store. Guess what? The other store had no "new" one. They had a display and a return only. I started on a Sunday, used Monday to re-do wiring, used all day Tuesday to do a return. I've spent half the day Wednesday trying to arrange and find the new unit by now that is fully paid for. I have nothing, except how they attracted my fancy with a cheap price on a defective machine and led me to spending $160 more on a new machine that took a day and half not to get. Most places are legit with these floor displays, to Best Buy all the appearance is truly is? They use floor displays to trick you and forcing you to end up spending more on a new one.

Further? When I returned the first machine they applied my credit towards a gift card and used the gift card to apply towards the new machine. I told them they have wasted enough of my time and I want my money back of course. Well guess what? They applied my initial return towards a gift card and applied that gift card towards my new purchase...ANDDDDDDD? Gift Cards are not refundable and so they have effectively tied up my money to their store forcing me to buy from them or trying to spend the next eternity trying to untangle the web they weaved to imprison my money.

I am a customer who has become a hostage at Best Buy, they tricked me with bait in the form of a defective floor display that forced me to make a higher purchase of which they could not provide or deliver and further complicated my situation by locking my money in a web of entanglement that a physicist couldn't find a formula to solve - thus hijacking me and forcing to Buy from them, Best Buy... "You Best Buy" when we get your money...

Take warning, that Yellow Tag is exactly what it means - 'warning' to all who enter here

• Ha
                haynes791 Mar 05, 2015

I received their circular in the mail and saw that they were advertising the e-machines computer system for $299.00. They open at 10 so i was waiting by the front door at 9. When they opened I shot to the computer section looking for the e-machines. When i couldn't find it i asked a sales associate. He said the e-machines wasn't any good and that i should get something else. I kept asking him where it was and he kept asking me questions like what was i planning on using it for. I went and got the store manager and he told me they were sold out. I asked him how were they sold out when this was the first day of the sale and I was the first one in the store. He said some people bought them when i wasn't looking.

• Va
                valdostafactchecker May 27, 2012

they twisted your arm to buy a floor display you should quit being so cheap and just buy a new one.

Maverick Jun 26, 2009

Massachusetts: Went to a local Best Buy to purchase a laptop. I found one for a decent price after going over different ones with the clerk. Unfortunately, when I was ready to buy it, they were out of stock.

Next day I was in Salem NH and stopped in the local Best Buy there and found a great deal. The clerk told me right out that they were out of stock but offered to check other stores. He told me that Portsmouth NH store had 7 available and called to confirm it. I offered to pay here and pick up in Portsmouth but unlike their competitor Circuit City they won't do that.

I drive 45 min to Portsmouth to be told they sold out 2 hours before I got there, but we do have this model for $200 more.

I told them I was told by the other store 45 min ago they were in stock and a call to their store confirmed it. Then I was told oh yeah 1 person bought all 7 on line. So this smells like the old Bait and switch routine to me.

• Bo
                BOB DORNALIS Nov 28, 2008

Sofisticated bait and switch scam taking place at this store. You will be defrauded in several of a dozen means.

Best Buy, Lg Plasma Tv — poor cs and warranty assistance

In November 2005 I purchased a 50” LG plasma TV from Best Buy in Dover, DE. (#842). In May 2008 while...

Best Buymisrepresentation

I applied for and was approved for a best buy credit card only for the 0% for 36 months option. The stipulation was that I had to purchase over $999. I spent 2 hours on the phone ordering my products for them to tell me at the end that the 36 months 0% financing only applied to home theatre merchandise. Then a superviosor named brock gets on the phone to tell me that he's sorry but no one can do anything about it and there is no one above him to speak too. He said there is no one that can call me back. I hung up and tried again and got another rep who assured me I would get my 0% for 36 months. Again, when we got to the end, she tells me I don't qualify for the 36 months because I didn't buy $999 worth of home theatre merchandise.

On top of that the specifications on some of their items are totally incorrect. They have several tv stands listed at 58"tall when in fact they are only 26" tall or less.

The reps will sell you a washer and dryer but neglect to tell you that the hoses, vents, power cords, and other important essentials that are needed for the product to work are not included, and need to be purchased seperately.

When you call the store for an advertised item to purchase, they tell you the item is not in the store, not in the warehouse, and you can only purchase it online.

Online the shipping and handling is rediculous. My purchase totaled $1817, I wanted to add something for $100, and my total ended up being over $2000, they added a second shipping and handling fee on top of the $100 delivery fee I started with.

Their price matching is a joke! When you want an item it's not in the store or in the warehouse, so you have to order it online, and guess what? They don't price match online.

And now what do I do with this best buy credit card? Everything I want or need is not in the store, the warehouse, and they jacked up the price online so I can't afford it or finance it.

Dealtree Best Buy Video Trade Inbest buy trade-in scam

So, DealTree has a partnership with BestBuy.com where DealTree facilitates video game trade-ins. The website says that you can cancel a trade in and pay shipping costs to have the item returned to you. So, i send them two video games and attempt to cancel the order within their definition of what is acceptable on their website. 1. not been processed yet, and 2. no gift card sent to me. Even though both of these were true, DealTree was not willing to return the items to me and pointed to something in their Terms of Service that was not and is not there! They said that video game trade-ins cannot be cancelled. Totally contrary to the information on their website. Even if it was in the Terms of Service, the contrary information on the website should be enough for them to admit some blame here. It is a shame that companies like that can survive. Beware of that company as it looks like they are only out to make themselves happy and unwilling to make common sense decisions.

marcontour Sep 01, 2010

Stop me if you've heard this before... I sent my old Toshiba HD DVD player to Dealtree/BestBuy after the site indicated I'd get a best buy gift card in return. The day before I sent it I was watching a DVD on it just fine. So I get the email from them that the disc tray door is broken and does not open. Surprising, considering I wrapped the unit in bubble wrap and packaged the unit in a a laptop shipper w/ the Styrofoam top and bottom - and used the shipping label THEY provided.

So I get it, they don't want to pay me money. Fine then. Lesson learned, just send me back my HD DVD player and we'll part ways. No chance. They now want to charge me shipping to get the unit back - shipping that costs more than the quoted trade in value. Shipping both to and from - even though they offered prepay up front.

If they just send me back the unit then no harm done, I'd just walk away. They've stolen my HD DVD player so now I have to post this message everywhere and tell everyone just because the guy that opened my box decided he wanted to take home an HD DVD player.

Next time stick to Craigslist and local selling. Avoid Dealtree and any of their scams under different names. So I'm out an HD DVD player, but karma will catch up with Dealtree soon enough.

• Mo
                    mommak1971 Feb 09, 2010

OnlyWantFairness, you have to get the original quote before you can cancel, but you might as well accept it because they will not only charge you return shipping, they will also charge you the cost to ship the items to them if you used their "free" shipping label. These costs are OUTRAGEOUS!!!

reasonableguy, you can reject their "quote" and cancel the transaction, but you have to wait until the item is received and "validated." You then have to pay the shipping costs to have the item(s) returned to you (plus the cost to ship it to them-see above), which is more than the original quote.

I seriously doubt they will EVER give you what their original quote is on an item. I just sent them in a PS2 and a Sony CyberShot camera...both were in perfect working condition. They said my camera was in "fair" condition and showed signs of "use" (what "used" item DOESN'T show signs of "use"?) and dropped that by $8 and my PS2 didn't work AT ALL! I know it worked when I sent it because my kids used it to test the games I sent in! The never honored my request to "revalidate" the camera and said when their "senior validator" retested the PS2, it still didn't work and I would have to pay $19.30 to have it returned to me. Why would I pay to have something returned to me that THEY obviously either A)damaged or B)switched? When I told them I was going to file a claim with UPS, they told me they would not cooperate because they didn't want to "jeopardize their relationship with them." WHAT? Fortunately, UPS honored the claim and is paying me the $21 for the PS2 (more than the local GS was going to give me to trade it in).

• Gr
                    graffka Jan 05, 2010

I've also faced an issue with Best Buy and the DealTree trade-in. I sent in my old desktop where there original quote was $34, but after they received it they came back with a $2 quote. First off, just scrapping the machine would garner way more than $2, but the machine wasn't even that old. In corresponding with them, they said that either I could accept the $2 or pay $48.95 to have it sent back to me. I'm obviously frustrated, but it just goes to show that they have the power when they have your goods.

• Re
                    reasonableguy Dec 30, 2009

Lesson learned for you: Once you drop mail in the mail box, you can't get the mail back.

I looked at the Bestbuytradein.com site and did not see anything that says you can cancel a trade-in after shipping it. I did see term and conditions that clearly indicated that you could cancel a trade-in if you have not shipped it yet. IT SAYS "Cancel a trade before shipping the item".

Seems reasonable to me. Did they pay your for the value of the trade-in once they got it? That would be the only expectation I would have.

See: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/CustServ.cfm

The site says:
                    How To Cancel A Trade-in
                    To cancel a trade before shipping the item, use the Trade-in Support contact form, include your name and trade-in number, and specify what you want canceled in your transaction. We will send you an e-mail confirming the cancellation. You may be asked, but not required, to provide a reason for canceling the trade.

Best Buy - Toshiba 32inch LCD TVwon't exchange

I just had the most unpleasant experience. My husband & I bought our 9-year-old daughter a 32 inch Toshiba LCD TV from Best Buy for Christmas. We brought it home and it sat in the box for a few days before my husband had time to set it up. He took the TV out of the box and put the base on it and plugged it in. The TV didn't work. He called Toshiba and explained the problem and they said no worries just bring it back to Best Buy - They have a 30-day return policy and we could just get a new one. We purchased the TV on Dec. 13, 2009 and took it out of the box on Dec. 21, 2009 when we found it didn't work properly. And returned to Best Buy today (Dec. 22, 2009). They looked at the TV and said "IMPACT DAMAGE - We are not exchanging it!" . . . We explained that we only took it out of the box and plugged it in. The guy just kept saying we damaged it. We asked to speak to 2 other managers and nobody in the store would help us out. I haven't been this upset in a long time nor have I been treated so badly at a store. We spent over $430 on this TV and haven't even been able to use it. My husband will be taking Best Buy to Small Claims Court. But whatever happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE. They treated us like we were liars and trying to get away with something. When all we wanted was to spend our money on a TV that worked. Who really is the criminal here??? And, who is losing out . . . my 9-year-old daughter who left Best Buy in tears with her broken TV! Merry Christmas - Hopefully, you all bought your TV's somewhere besides Best Buy!

• Bl
                      blb724 Jan 15, 2010

... I'd contact all the consumer advocate reporters in your area. They just LOVE these kinds of stories!

• Do
                      DocLobo Jan 07, 2010

OK s0 here is our story, very similar. On 12/23/09 we went to our local Best Buy to purchase a Sony LCD tv, I think it was a 46". They said they could not deliver it until 12/27 so we agreed to take it home, we live about 3 minutes from the store. The store was very busy, a young man (appeared to be about 18) wrapped it in bubble wrap after taking the stand off (no box), and loaded it into the back seat of my car; I didn't notice that he had the stand facing the picture. When we got it into the house we turned it on and there was no picture, just spider web looking with bright colors going everywhere. We then noticed a small scratch on the front of the tv.
                      We took the TV back to the store right away (within 45 minutes). The geek squad looked at it and said "impact damage" you're out of luck. The manager said the best they could do was give us a $500 credit for a new tv, so we bought a much cheaper tv, smaller and different brand. I told the Manager and another manager that we would be consulting with our attorney and they stated they could no longer talk to us and they promptly called the local police! We were civil, did not make a disturbance, so this was completely unnecessary. They also refused to keep the broken TV, so we had to take that home again. I think I was in shock (still am). I hate the TV we have now but it was Christmas and my grandchildren were coming to visit so I felt my back was against the wall. We will never do business with Best Buy again.

• Sy
                      syed1027 Dec 27, 2009

Oh wow, I feel terrible about how you had to go through that but I just went through something very similar and this is my tragedy.
                      On christmas eve, I read about this deal that best buy was giving on a Sony 40" LCD + Song BluRay Player + Sony 5.1 Surround Sound System for an amazing price of almost $1, 300! I wanted to buy it right away so I called and the stores were closed so I call the 24 hour service and the systems were down so I had to wait until the 8AM on the 26th when the store who has the package deal opens. Well what I did was actually leave my place at 7:45AM Saturday morning and got out to this best buy and right away found the package and yes it was their last one. The full package was their last one because they had only one box of the theater system left but there were still tv's and bluray players. It was an amazing feeling at the store to get this deal that not many other stores even had because of one part of the package already sold out. I noticed that the sound system box had some damage on it and the sales associated made a joke about how these packages are treated when they are being shipped but that this units are packed up really well. We paid for the units and even set up that best buy rewards program and we got a free $10 gift card since our total came up to almost $1800 which we also put on our Best Buy Credit Card to take advantage of their 0% special financing.
                      We took the packages home and surprised our parents very much so and I slowly went into the process of setting up the surround sound system with all the wirings and speaker set ups on the walls. It takes a bit of time for all the measuring and hiding of those monster cables that I also had bought ( I really don't like the cables what come with the speakers, too tiny and cheap looking with no shielding of any kind). Now if someone takes as much time and dedication in setting up their surround sound as I do, they understand the amount of time it takes to make sure the speakers are at the right height/distance/volume before anything else.
                      After dinner I was finally ready for the LCD TV. We took it out of the book and put it on it's stand very carefull and I screwed in the screws to hold the stand in place. I put the tv in my mother's amoir and plugged it all up. My family was very excited to see how everything looks because this LCD is not only 1080p but also has 240Hz which makes the picture just outstanding to see.
                      Well guess what... we turned it on and saw a HUGE crack looking colors everywhere sort of thing and right away turned it off and inspected the tv. There were NO marks on the screen of the tv except for a little scratch near the middle towards the top of the tv. When turn it back on and there it was... a HUGE crack on the inside with NO marks on the outside. Right away I called Best Buy and spoke to a lady and she told me to bring it back in. It was 9:30pm and at this time I was very tired and I told her that if I am coming back in now that I want another tv (same one) or something extremely similar, nothing less. My brother helped me pack up the tv in it's box (showed no damage on the box at all) and we right away put the tv into the car and left for best buy. We literally got there at 9:58 and I parked the car outside. Went inside and I told another girl that I was here for my problem with the tv. She knew the story so she went to check with a salesperson on another tv that was similar because she said that they don't have anymore units of that model. While waiting we decided to just walk around and look at the tvs on display to see if I can find the one that we bought. Eventually I did and saw a box sitting there all by itself. Right away I went to find the girl and I asked her about this box and the salesperson with her came and looked and said that yes that is our tv. NOW at this point after what had happened I asked the salesperson if he could plug in the tv just so that we can check to make sure that there is nothing wrong with it. After he opened the box and removed the tv out of the box, he was about to plug it in and turn it on when this other man walked up to me. He asked me what had happened to the original tv and I had explained to him my whole day. He flat out told me that he is not returning the tv. I had asked him why and he said that there is no damage on the box. I told him that of course there is no damage on the box and that there is NO damage on the tv except for a small scratch which is not close to the location of the huge crack. This was apparently the sales manager which I found out later on when I asked him who he was because I wanted to talk to someone higher than he is and that was the general manage who was not in. He continued to tell me that he will not exchange the broken tv the store sold to me and that we are not getting our money back either. I kept asking him that this does not make any sense that why is this happening to us. At this point it was approaching 10:30 and the sales manager gave me one option of leaving the store with my broken tv or he will call the local police. I told him to call the police because I am not afraid at all, I was not there to cause any problems and that store was the one who sold me a broken tv. He did call the police on us and I had called my older brother who was listening in on the whole conversation over my cell phone and he had told me to leave and to see if corporate will be willing to help since this sales manager was being completely rude and inconsiderate towards customers who don't spend a couple of dollars at the store but nearly $1, 800. So they wrapped up our broken tv and brought it outside which at that time the police had shown up as we got to my car (which was parked right outside the doors of the store). The sales manager told the police officer that there is no problem anymore that we were leaving. At that moment my brother made a comment to the officer asking what is the law regarding a store selling a broken tv? He didn't hear him correctly so he walked up to us and asked what was it he had said so I explained to him very briefly what our situation was. I explained that we were not there to cause a problem but that this manager was being very rude to us and being completely inconsiderate to how upset we were for spending this much money for a gift for my parents and how upset we were that our first LCD tv was broken. The office told me that he has had problems which this store too and that he had stopped shopping there all together. He felt really terrible about what my brother and I just went through there but that when a manager says to leave the store that we really have to leave the store.
                      We got into our car and we drove home very shocked and upset that out of all places this happened at was Best Buy... we got home at nearly 11pm and explained what happened to our parents who then were in shock as well.
                      I really don't know what to do at this point, I am going to call corporate but I don't know how should I even go about getting this issue solved. I have never felt this cheated before in my left and it really hurts that our present to our parents was broken and I never even thought about check it at the store before buying it. My emotions got the best of me but now I know that if I am to ever buy something from a store to make sure that product works properly. Yes I did actually go and check out the BluRay player and surround sound system to make sure that they worked.
                      So now it is nearly 2AM and I have this broken 40" LCD TV in my garage and not sure what course should we take now. I know that we didn't pay almost $1800 for just a bluray player and a surround sound system by Sony.
                      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Buymade me very disappointed

I purchased a new LG washer and dryer on Feb. 27. I told them I wanted it side vented. It was delivered 3/1. On Feb. 29, I get a message. They cannot side vent my dryer.It needs a special part, and a special tech to install it. Okay. I tell them on Mar. 3 I wanted the side vent part ordered. Two weeks later I checked back. It has not been ordered. I was told it would be ordered. Two weeks later I check back. No record of the part being ordered. Finally, the part is ordered. It is scheduled to come to my house 4/8. I cannot get it installed until 4/17! How can two different people tell me they will order the part, and neither one does? I paid $1844 in CASH, and my dryer works, but I cannot open my back door. I want the side vent so I can use my back door. And no one knew about the part and the tech needed to install it when I bought the dryer? I am very disappointed in the service I have received from this store.

Best Buystereo installation

I had my car stereo replaced at Best Buy. They trashed my car. I picked it up at 9pm and drove home, the sound was great, but when the light of day hit my car I realized that they screwed up my window tint, glove box, wiring, door locks and windows. How can you mess up that much in one installation. The installation was on a Tuesday, I brought the car back in on Friday and they denied the damage???!!! The customer service rep said that since I took 3 days to bring the car in she found it hard to believe that they did the damage? I took it all the way to the top, but their policy is that you have to get a letter from a dealer or service company stating that Best Buy did the damage. How in the world would another company do that. Even my well known service rep said he didn't feel comfortable writing the letter legally. Bottom line. I ended up trading in the car and never shopping at Best Buy (bad service)again.

Best Buy Chase Bankso-called late fees

Approx.8mo. Ago I opened an account with best buy, chase bank was the finance co. The problem are my monthly payments. I'm not late nor I have never been late on my payments, in fact i'm six months or more ahead in payments.
                        I have made my payments every 30days... Yes I have been charged $35 in late fees every month. My reguler payments are $45 a mo.
                        I have called chase bank, wanting an explanation as why the late charges, I was told that every time my payments were due on the 28th of every mo... So I was late two days every time.
                        Is their explanation. I spoke more then twice to a rep. From chase to change the date, I inform them that I was never late and in fact I was ahead in my payments. I told that they would change the date to the 31st. But as time went by I was still being charged late fees.
                        Chase did not change the date as promised. I consider myself a good customer, yet this is how they treat a good customer. They even hung the phone on me twice, when I demanded to talk to a supervisor.
                        Best buy knows about chade shady and corrupt polices towars the customers, they are to blame for this mess. Had I known about chase. Thievery practices towards consumers. I would have never bought anything at best buy. Chase bank to me are a bunch of street theifs, and consumers like me should file a class action lawsuit against this thiefs.

Best Buycustomer service 800 number

I called the customer service number to change shipping address on my delivery and I waited 27 minutes to get a customer service rep, one of the longest times I had to waited to speak to a customer rep. I cannot believe this business is still around with this service. To boot, when I get connected to a customer service rep, she can't help me and she tells me to call the shipper. I call the shipper and he tells me that Best Buy has to call to change the shipping address.

It gets better, I call Best Buy back and again I wait again over 20 minutes to talk to a rep. Moral of the story, if you purchase an item from best buy (which I will not do again), do not expect any customer service after the purchase.

Best Buy lost my business, no matter what the so called good deal is.

Matthew West
                          [protected]@yahoo.com

• Da
                              David Kemp Jan 19, 2011

4 mins on hold to check a price on a washing machine & no one even bothered to answer the phone. Can't believe these people put my friend's appliance store out of business 20 years ago.

• We
                              westp80 Dec 11, 2009

Wait time over 40 minutes, this is one of the worst wait times I have experienced.

Best Buynegligence

Best buy ruined our honeynoon

My wife and i recently purchased a canon sd940is camera as well as a kodak 8gb sdhc memory card -2pack from best buy(10/10/09 contract id [protected]) after having received the advice of one of the sales associates at the best buy (coventry road, ottawa -store 940).

We detailed that we were going to india on our honeymoon and needed a reliable camera and memory cards as this would be a once in a lifetime trip. we said that we planned on being there for a month and required a camera with good zoom, light weight and memory cards that would handle a large amount of pictures.

Based on these requirements the associate recommended the above stated camera and memory cards.

So we purchased them.

We left for india and travelled through germany on our way. during our one month honeymoon we took countless pictures of the sights we have long waited to see (taj mahal, the red fort of agra, an elephant trek, we slept in a tent in the middle of the dessert after having rode camels for hours to get there, we hiked for hours to get to a secluded waterfall, friends, temples, sunsets, beaches amongst other things).

Only to find 2 days before the end of our trip that we could no longer view our photos on the camera. we had viewed them in the past without issue and were surprised that we could no longer do so. we removed the memory card and replaced it with a second in the 2 pack of kodak *gb cards we purchased and continued on. the new photos seemed fine and we were able to retrieve pictures from the second card.

We returned home and connected the camera to our pc and attempted to view the pictures from the first card ...but it would still not read the card. we brought the card to henry's photography in ottawa (10th line location) and asked what the issue was.

We were told that it was the wrong class memory card for the camera..

The card sold to us was too low standard for the hd camera we purchased and often it would in turn cause corruption of the memory card. (card is a class 2 and should have been much higher).. something the sales associate failed to mention!!!

We paid to have the photos recovered from the card but henry's was only able to retrieve 200 of the 600 pictures we had taken.

We lost all pictures of taj mahal, our dessert trek, the red fort of agra etc...

Why?

Because the staff at best buy misdirected us. we would have gladly paid any price for a memory card that would have assured the safety of these pictures (as clearly described to the associate when we detailed our needs).

My wife and i have lost precious memories, memories we captured with the camera and card we purchased (from best buy/kodak). memories we will never see again. we saved and accumulated time off from our careers knowing that we would most likely never be able to do this again.
                            Now we are left with nothing.

$3000.00 in airline tickets, $5000.00 in accommodations and excursions and $441.79 for camera, advice and memory cards that ruined it all.

We are beyond upset, heart broken and devastated!!!

We have lost $8000.00 and most importantly all the pictures of the one of the kind, beautiful, magical places we visited, the friends we met along the way, the celebrations we were invited to and attended. they are all lost.

The entire record of our honeymoon has been erased based on incompetent staff.

We have contacted best buy, who original e-mail response was that it was our fault, we should have checked that before we left on our trip.

We sought their proffessional advice, yet it is our fault.

The vp of best buy sent us an e-mail (after over 100 of mine being sent) saying they would look into it.

No result

No compensation.

What we have lost is priceless.

We feel robbed, cheated and mislead. we entrusted our digital camera/memory card needs to the "professional" sales associate at best buy.

We went well out of our way to ensure something like this would not happen. we took every precaution necessary and beyond. and because of best buy all pictures are lost. gone.

Regards;

C.c:

Better business ottawa
                            700 industrial avenue
                            Ottawa, ontario

Canwest news service (ottawa citizen: tech-biz; personal tech);

Ottawa sun (technology report);

Goldhawk fights back at global television;

Ctv television technow television show

Consumer reports canada

Best Buy #483 (Elmhurst, Ny)ignored by employees

Today I went to Best Buy to buy a digital camera. When I got there I have found what I wanted right away. So I asked one of the employee to help me with the purchase. Guess what happened. She disappeared. I asked for help to every employee when they passes by but they just ignored me or saying that he/she can't help. I asked for the manager or supervisor to complaint about the situation that I went through, but the manager or supervisor didn't show up. Wow, I have never thought of spending hour and half just looking for an employee for the purchase.

Best Buy — black friday from hell courtesy of best buy

Here is my email to the store manager, you can see the story in there... XXXXXXXXXX, I am writing you...

Best Buyno lemon fraud

I am beyond my wits end. Words can not express the extent of frustration and living hades I have been put through by every level of Best Buy over the course of the last two years...especially the last two days. Let this post serve as a warning to anyone who buys products from Best Buy (worst service) along with a "Protection Plan". 1st, let me state that the terms used by Best Buy associates such as “Early Replacement", "No Lemon Policy", or "Exception" are fictitious. I have also come to learn that regardless of how unique your situation is and how many times you have been lied to, Best Buy will never make an exception to take care of a customer who has been wronged. Here is my nightmare, in part... I have spent thousands, not hundreds, thousands of dollars at BB over the last few years. I have even waited in the the freezing cold for over 8 hours to buy a laptop on Black Friday. My TV saga started in Jan. '08 when I purchased a Samsung 55'' Rear Projection TV...got it home...it was broken (bad HDMI input). I decided to spend twice as much money and buy a top of the line 46'' Samsung LCD. Within less than 1.5 years, the LCD panel started to de-laminated (came unglued) causing dark spots. I had the LCD replaced under my PSP and within 2 months, the 2nd LCD became de-laminated even worse. I called for a replacement on Nov. 1st '09 and the technician arrived 30 days later. Between the time I called on 11/01 and the tech arrived on 12/01, the capacitors in the power supply went out (common issue I found out). I figured, since the Geek Squad guy was coming out anyway, I would just tell him then, so I didn't formally report this 3rd issue. While he was here yesterday, he repaired my power supply and replaced the LCD again. Then plugged the TV back in and nothing. It was dead. No TV at all. At least before I had a viewable picture. Now what? I asked the GS Tech to put my old LCD panel back in (at least it powered on) and send the bad one back. He would not, as it is "against our policy". So now I'm stuck with NO TV at all. When he called to order another panel, he recommended to the parts guy that this lemon be replaced, not repaired. The parts guy disagreed and ordered another >+$2, 000 panel (more to repair it than replace it of course). All while I'm stuck for another 14 days to 1 month with NO TV. NO TV. I decided to call BB and file a complaint. Boy was that a colossal failure. After 2 lost days at work and hours and hours of being on hold, transferred and lied to, I have no resolution. I have been lied to by line level employees, 1st level supervisors and 2nd level supervisors. 3 different people, from Geek Saqud to Customer relations, have empathized and stated my situation warranted an "early replacement" under the "No Lemon" policy. I have spoken to at least 7 different people in every department possible and I keep getting re-directed. I keep getting told, "but the policy says...". I respect that, however, where in the policy does it state if you have a "functional" yet defective product on the day of repair, then a completley broken product after the repair, do you have to be stuck with nothing for another month? There are many other incidentals here (like losing programs on my DVR each day I have no TV now), but this comes down to principle and service, and recognizing a unique situation involving a loyal customer who has spent thousads of dolars at Best Buy, only to spend two days in BB hades with a lemon TV, losing 2 days of work and being lied to. Not to mention, I will be out another $200-$300 on a new PSP even if they did agree to replace my lemon. There are always exceptions. But unfortunately, Best Buy could cares less how many customers they lose, how many lies are told, how many incompetent people they employ, how convoluted their so-called "customer service" is. I don't know how this will turn out, but regardless, I will never spend another dime at Best Buy again after this. I will also share my horror story with anyone who will hear, and warn them not to buy products from Best Buy, because of the potential hades that will follow if they have a lemon. The Best Buy Protection Plan ONLY protects Best Buy, not the customer !
                                As an aside, while I was on hold for an hour or so, I decided to research other BB customer horror stories. I came across this interesting one, where a customer called their local congressman to report being wronged by BB. The congressman contacted a local TV station who contacted BB. Not only did BB call with an apology and swift replacement (TV), they also compensated the wronged customer with $850 in BB gift cards for the inconvenience. I have NO TV now thanks to BB. I will be contacting my congressman and local news media and BBB as well. I feel certain my situation is even worse than the poor guy in this story...

I am willing to join a class action.

Best Buy Case #[protected]