Beallsreturn policy

M

The return policy sans receipt is horrible. They give only store credit which is fine, but they apply every sale/discount/etc. That they will ever apply to an item. Deterring shoplifters is swell - so... What do people who receive gifts and want an exchange for something in the same price range? Nothing. I got an outfit as gift for my son. It was a pretty horrible color so I wanted to exchange it for something else (More expensive, I might add, totally fine with paying the difference). They said I could have $1 *store credit*. Yeah - no. I could sell it at a yard sale for $5, it's a $22 outfit. So now I have to tell the gift giver I think her gift was ugly and please give me the receipt, or sell it for $5 at my next yard sale (Or e-bay). Ridiculous. Treating every person that comes through the door like a criminal is *not* how you treat customers. That will be a lot of fun for them after christmas I imagine. Pair that with the hideous clothing line with half the stuff in vomit-colors (My issue, pea-soup green :::shudder:::) or covered in glitter/sequins/beads, and it's no wonder that only old people shop there.

• Dk
    dkikko Jul 14, 2017

I received Bealls Bucks after purchasing over $180 worth of goods, I went back to the store where I purchased the items. I picked out another pair of shorts and some under garments that were on the clearance rack marked down to $16.20. I had $40 in Bealls Bucks and I made up the difference for the shorts totaling $16.31. The under garments were way to big and ballooning (note to self never buy clearance items). So I went back to exchange them like every good consumer does, well they did not have my size in that particular item so I decided to return them. My $40 in Bealls Bucks quickly turned into $10?!?. I was told by the cashier that since I could not exchange the item for the exact match of the purchase item I had to forfeit the remaining dollars, and next time make sure that what I buy on Bealls Bucks is exactly what I want... WOW!!!
    Bealls will probably never see my Benjamin's again..

• N2
    n2xr7 Feb 05, 2016

Tried to exchange a tee shirt for a larger size. It still had the tags but it was a gift so I didn't have a receipt. Because it was bought from a different Bealls store they said they couldn't do anything for me.

• Ga
    gabbyp Dec 06, 2015

I tried taking back clothes I had bought my kids with a receipt and there was nothing that day I wanted to exchange with so I expected to get my cash back which is what I paid with on the receipt . The clerk proceed to tell me I could only get back store credit because I was a day late over 30 days. I said nowhere on the back of the receipt does it state this and I want my money back. They refused. I think that is ridiculous. Quit changing rules and making crap up as you go along. I had my receipt and I paid with cash. Tags were still on clothes untouched and brand new. I hardly think past 30 days should matter but if it does state it on the back of the receipt along with the rest of return policy. I'm mad about that crap. I got in store credit and gave the gift card away because I refuse to shop in conditions where the company is ungrateful to their consumers. Bad business

• Gr
    GREGG123 Dec 17, 2013

BEALLS IS HORRIABLE I BOUGHT A COFFEE MAKER NEVER OPEN IT MY GIRLFRIEND SAID I NEED A COFFEE MAKER THAT MAKES MORE THAN ONE CUP OF COFFEE. I RETURN IT TO MAKE MY GIRLFRIEND HAPPY I WANTED A COFFEE MAKER THAT MAKES LIKE 4 TO 5 CUPS THEY WANTED TO TAKE 20% OF THE COFFEE MAKER ON A RETURN I KEPT THE COFFE MAKER. BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE NOT FROM THERE . I GAVE THE OTHER ONE AWAY FOR A GIFT. I WOULD NEVER EVER BOUGHT NOTHING AT BEALLS AND I WOULD TELL EVERY ONE NOT TO BUY NOTHING AT BEALLS. BUYER BEWARE.

• Su
    Susan.H Nov 16, 2013

I agree, Bealls is so far behind the times compared to other companies.
    To survive the company management needs to improve with good customer service and not treat customers so arrogantly upon returning an item (s)
    if a staff member is miserable, then apparently he/she must not be happy with their job, so, they need to seek out a better one and then maybe finally, Bealls will take note of this!! Bealls corporate needs to get away from their desks and personally visit the stores along with doing some homework within the stores they claim they own and give better service.

• Su
    Susan.H Nov 16, 2013

Bealls needs to set a good example. I think Bealls have a lousy policy and many of the sales clerks need to be trained with having good customer service, better manners and not ask rude private questions upon any innocent return. No customer should be given the third degree or harassed.
    Bealls need to take a good look and model their company after Kohl's customer service policies, as well as many other stores.

I am hearing more and more negatives, regarding their attitudes towards customers.
    So much completion today!,

• Fi
    FidoJoe Mar 20, 2013

I returned items two Bealls today with the receipt and they refunded both items at a lower cost. The lady then took the wand on 2 of the 3 items on the receipt and said the computer doesn't lied. I have a medical problem and could collapse due to my core body temperature going up and stress also does strange things to my autonomic system. I did not want to cause a scene in the front of the store but will be taking the item I keep with the receipt to get it straightened out. I think they have been trained in bully economics. I had used my previous Beall's bucks and with them my total for the one item left should have been $14.00 not $64.00. If you look at their receipts they are very misleading as the cost versus the return amount. Not sure if I will keep doing business with them or not. I have found many cute dresses online at Macy's" one very cute one I wore today and it was on sale for $34.95" and Nordstrums and their returns are hassle free. Nordstrum pays for the shipping for any item shipped back. I have found I do much better shopping online.

• Ci
    CindyCapp Jan 02, 2013

I went to return a pair of boots that are knee high with the original shoe box and no receipt. I was told that I would get back $12 on a pair of boots that were $70 and current sale was 50% off. I can understand giving the lowest sale price and the trying to detour shoplifters, but really did I steal that type of merchandise not likely. I'm being penalisized for other people. I guess I just won't be shopping there anymore. It's very sad. I asked the cashier if the boots were ever on sale for that price and she said "never". The cashier was sweet and as helpfull as possible.

• Ke
    Kellyb1976 Jan 20, 2012

I agree - they are absolutely horrible! I had a similar experience while returning a sweater with no receipt. I got a whopping $3.17 credit for it. That was bad enough but the cashier had the nerve to actually say to me that people should know to hang on to their receipts and the policy is to discourage stealing. Maybe I'm wrong but isn't that why they take your driver's license information - to make sure you are not a habitual returner? Why are they punishing everyone that shops there? I emailed customer service on their site to complain and of course have not heard a word back. I will not be shopping there ever again. It was hit or miss anyway - mostly horrible clothes, occasionally you can get a cute sweater.

MarieBlue Dec 12, 2011

Unless someone doesn't have the forethought to ask for one because they just grabbed one thing "just because" and not for any particular occasion.