Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Home Insurance / Warranty Be Wiser Insurance Services Home insurance NIGHTMARE! Stay away from Be Wiser!

Be Wiser Insurance Services  - Home insurance NIGHTMARE! Stay away from Be Wiser!

M
Author of the complaint
12:53 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I bought my first house only a few months ago I made sure that I explained my situation as a 1st time buyer to each broker and that I'd like to cover pretty much everything. Oh how I regret having gone with Be Wiser...

4 months later and after a number of calls I still haven't received any documentation or correspondence by post except for a birthday and Christmas card with discounts and the initial confirmation emails.

I decided to give them another call as I was also having some issues with my employer and was hoping they could perhaps offer me some advice. To my absolute horror, I then found out that although I was initially advised that the policy would include extensive legal protection, the legal cover they had actually sold me would have in fact only been viable if I ever had say a legal land dispute with my neighbour or in case I had gotten in to legal trouble with a builder or whatever. I soon asked for this part of my policy to be cancelled and refunded accordingly so I could get proper legal cover elsewhere, on a separate policy.

They reimbursed me fine, I received a minor refund and the usual scripted apologies over the phone... Trouble is that another 2 weeks later I still hadn't received the relevant documents nor any written confirmation of the amendments to my policy. I chased and chased it, yet still haven't received a thing.

Last night I was the victim of a minor road traffic offence, acknowledged by the Police and being dealt with accordingly, but when I rang Be Wiser earlier today to follow up the incident with a claim for damage to my belongings I had the most abhorrent experience! The claims number advertised on their website put me through to a motor/car insurance claim line (not Be Wiser). The first person I spoke with there was fine and helpful and he soon put me through to Laura at Be Wiser and this is when the horror started...

As I continued to explain what happened and offered her the Police reference etc, she told me that I had to go back to the company which had just put me through to her. Not only did she sound totally disinterested and unsympathetic on the phone, she then got very rude and discourteous when I told her that they had already passed me on to her and that even she herself had initially apologised saying they weren't the right "department" for my claim. Suddenly I find myself getting called a liar and that I am putting words in her mouth?! As I then asked for her to put me through to a supervisor or manager she even claimed I swore at her down the phone and told me that she was about to hang up on me? Never in my life have I had to endure such a horrible phone call, never mind after what had happened to cause my claim in the first place!

Anyhow, after having spoken with both Laura, Helena and Matthew at Be Wiser (and two other people at the initial company as I was being passed around the call centres), I eventually gave up as even Matthew (the alleged manager) was being totally unhelpful, speaking over me like authority gone mad... So I hung up, got in direct contact with the underwriters who now decided to deal with my claim themselves after I told them what I had just endured and that I wasn't getting any further with my claim.

So to the lovely Hayley at Aviva, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR FINALLY HELPING AND PUTTING MY MIND AT EASE! To all of those at Be Wiser; you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves and I sincerely hope you either train your employees better or just stop flogging insurance altogether.

CONCLUSION:
- poor information/documentation
- very poor correspondence
- appalling customer service
- appalling claim service

SUGGESTION:
Rather than investing in televised adverts and sending out birthday cards and discount vouchers, maybe Be Wiser should invest it's money where there still seems to be an inherent lack of quality and performance; their staff and telephony.

Helpful? 0 0

More Be Wiser Insurance Services complaints & reviews

Be Wiser Insurance Services - Refusing to pay claim voiding my insurance
Be Wiser Insurance Services - cancelled policy
Be Wiser Insurance Services - Be Wiser Insurance
Be Wiser Insurance Services - phone call charge
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Be Wiser Insurance Services - Paid deposit and company denies receiving .
1 comments