Bbva compass bankno deposit slips anymore!

BBVA just keeps getting worse and worse. At the branch where I bank, the turnover of their employees is mind-boggling. Each time I go in, and I go in weekly, there is a new crew. Unbelievable. The place is now drab and dirty. Everyone seems very unhappy to be there. This bank is cutting back on customer service like no bank I have ever experienced. Now, in a move that defies logic, deposit slips are no longer available unless you demand one. Even then, the slip is no longer photographed so you can see, online, whose check you deposited. This valuable feature was eliminated a month ago, and has really messed up my business accounting. The bank has graciously let me know that they will provide me with pictures of checks I deposit for only $3/ck. Nice, huh? Be very careful with these jokers. They know, full well, that most people will now blindly deposit checks and trust that tellers accurately record a total for the same. With the ultra-high turnover they now have, it's absolutely possible that scamming tellers will soon be working the cages at your local BBVA branch, very soon. "Let's see---I thought I just deposited $2500 in checks, but my deposit receipt says "$2450. I guess I added wrong. Oh well, I'll trust this nice young lady. She's better at math than me." Think that won't happen? Think again. Be very careful. You've been warned. For the record, I'm not saying, here, that BBVA is out to scam you. That would be a scam done by a teller. Without deposit slips, though, this type of scam becomes far easier. I have a gut feeling that BBVA may close up shop in the US fairly soon. I have no insider info on that, but they just seem to be cutting back on more and more services, or charging you for formerly free services, to the point where I can't believe they want to stay in business, here.

• BBVACompass Nov 16, 2011

Hello,

My name is Carolina Aramayo and I am a member of the social media team here at BBVA Compass bank. In an effort to improve efficiency and processing time, and reduce waste we are moving towards paperless deposit slips for deposits that do not require cash back. However, should our customers choose to use a handwritten deposit slip, one will be provided. Check images are available at no cost on your online banking profile. We would be happy to answer any additional questions or concerns you may have. Please email us at [email protected]