Baton Rouge Water CompanyBilling Practices

Baton Rouge Water Company has recently implemented an PDF based online payment method. Upon receiving my second online bill through email marked " Utility Payment Processing " I payed my bill. On March 7th my utilities were disconnected while I was out of town. Upon Returning March 11th, I inquired with Baton Rouge Water about the billing issue, I was informed that they had only started the billing method in March, so I was mistaken in receiving a bill from them. After verifying that I had in fact received three bills prior from them, they regrettably informed me that if I hadn't received a confirmation email, they don't know how I thought the bill had been paid. After explaining that having only paid the bill once through the system, and there having been no clear indication that I should have received a confirmation email, it would be ignorant to expect me to assume it. After they explain to me that even with that information there was nothing they could do, all I requested was that I could make a complaint so that the next person who called with the same complaint wouldn't hear the line " We've never had this issue before ".

Baton Rouge Water Company is a billing company for the city, thanks to our deregulated utilities markets we have to deal with privately owned companies when we should be dealing with someone we could hold accountable... Next our public health care options will be privately owned. Disgusting.