Bank Atlanticdishonest overdraft fee

That's it I had it with bank atlantic. tomorrow I will close my account as well as two others from my family members.

Everytime I deposit money, the first deposit my out going checks then my deposit comes clear, even if it's cash.

Bank atlantic is the most dishonest bank I ever dealt with. I highly don't recommend it to any one.

This bank had more than 40 millions in loss for the first quarter, so now they came out with a new strategy to steal our money. once you overdraft not only you get charged 35$ for the o. d fee by each day $7. I guess they have to pay for those losses with little consumers.

One more thing. a lot of employees (especially rocky) of kendall lakes 112 8201 sw 137th avenue miami 33183 has such a slap in the face attitude.

Stay away from these banks, bank atlantic, bank of america, citi bank and the umbrella corp of jp morgan-chase - washington mutual... they lost billions so the money got comes from somewhere. mean your pocket.

dishonest overdraft fee

• Ro
    Robert Keegan Jul 22, 2008

My account had overdraft protection but when i made a withdrawal there were two checks that were not paid and when i asked the teller she told me not to worry because i had overdraft protection. Now they say I am being fined for checks that have been returned and they say if I don't pay they will add $5.00 a day. I have had this account for 6 years and never had this happened before.

• Ve
    VegasDealer Aug 02, 2009

They don't get overdraft fees if you don't overdraft.

• Vi
    Victor Med Apr 15, 2011

BANK ATLANTIC MOST GREED BANK IN FLORIDA.
    SCAM and FRAUD from RIGTH to LEFT.

Thanks got i close my account with them. They stole from me thousands dollars on the past few years.

Think twice before you open account with Bank Atlantic.

1. They always hold for long time debit card transactions. Some of them for a 3-5 or more business day. This transactions is our life today. $3, $5 or $10 for gas or snack.
    2. When Bank see it big transaction going on?!? They STRIKE right there!!! Bank placed all little transactions after big one and collect from you so many overdraft fees. Which today is $35 dollars.
    3. Account balance never correct. You can not track your balance home. On the Bank system totally different data. This way how steal your money.
    4. For me was most disgusting and horrible experience with Bank Atlantic.
    5. Customer service extremely nice with you for your money, but they not will fix any problems. What they can do for you, just a smile and say hi and sorry.
    6. Before you make decision to open account with BANK ATLANTIC, please read all complaints on this board.

Thank you.
    Victor Med.

• De
    debdott Sep 02, 2012

BANK ATLANTIC CHARGES $35 OVERDRAFT FEE AND THEN CHARGES $8/DAY FOR 45 DAYS ($360!!!) AND THEN SENDS TO
    COLLECTIONS...ALL THIS FOR LESS THAN $7.42 OVERDRAFT...LOAN SHARKING WORSE THAN ANY OTHER!!!
    THE LITTLE CARDS THEY SEND IN THE MAIL ONLY SAY $8.00 AND DO NOT SAY THE SUM OF OVERDRAFT FEES- A VERY
    SNEAKY MANEUVER. BANK ATLANTIC WILL ALLOW OTHER DEBITS TO OCCUR WHILE YOU ARE IN OVERDDRAFT STATUS
    IN ORDER TO CHARGE $35 FOR EACH. LAWYERS SHOULD GO AFTER THIS BANK AND REFUND THE OVERCHARGES TO
    CUSTOMERS. BANK ATLANTIC'S PRACTICES ARE ILLEGAL AND THEY SHOULD PAY HUGE FINES...DEB