Banfield, The Pet Hospital Secaucus, NJwhat hapens behind closed exam doors

Want to keep your pets healthy and alive do not take them to Banfield. Ever wonder what really happens behind closed doors. I'll tell you... They train minors to hold your pets. They lay their entire weight on a 4 lb dog. They throw them into the kennel to shut them up. They text instead of watching the pets health while in surgery. They doctors answer their cell phones in middle of the surgery. The nurses draw up medications and forget which pet they have to give it to. The hospital is always filthy. The wait takes forever because they fight over who should go in while the other rest. The reasonable doctors only go in if you show that you have money. The doctor is only nice if you say ok to their million dollar estimate. They send the manager in to convince you to pay the high estimate if you don't they refuse help. Wellness plan they tell you its the best because its their bonus, get VIP its better than falling for their scams. Take it from me I know what really happens there my friend works there she has showed me pictures of the horror that happens there. Ever wonder what they do go to you tube and look up banfield war heads trust me what you'll see is not pretty they take the time to make videos rather then help your pets.

• Ra
    rachel614 Nov 21, 2009

First off, the Banfield that i work out does not allow cell phones out or on the person. It must be put away in a jacket or purse. pet nurse assistants hold pets, not minors. you have to be 18 years of age or older to work there. even to clean cages or pick up trash or clean the floors, you must be 18. also, they put the little dogs on the table. the table is atleast 3 1/2 feet high. therefore, there is no way they could lay on the little 4 lb dog that's on the table. they don't throw pets anywhere. they have to put them in kennels, because what else would they do? let the 20-40 dogs and cats run around the hospital. if they can't have phones out, then there is no way anyone is on their cell phone while in surgery. If a nurse draws up vaccines or medicines for a pet and forgets which one to give it to, then he/she should be fired. if you don't have money, then maybe you shouldn't have a pet. If your friend is so negatively wrong, then they must be a pet nurse assistant earning $8 an hour and cleaning up ### all day every day. also, there are no pets in the kennels or drs around while those kids are having fun giggling and eating warheads, so it must be after hours. maybe you should pay attention to what's going on in the background before you open your mouth and think you can make incorrect comments.

• Do
    dog mom Dec 01, 2009

Hear, Hear, I cannot agree more. Banfield is a extremely poor excuse for an animal hospital. They absolutely ruined my dog from ever letting a vet touch him again. They sat on him to clip his nails and basically traumatized him to no end. DO NOT ever take your animal to a Banfield.

• Ke
    keithoo Dec 03, 2009

I agree, thanks you guys over there are great. and do a great Job on my weimaraner I like visiting there, although my dog Bella hates to visit, but if they gave you a hysterectomy without out her expecting it.

And for the [censored] who said " doctor is only nice if you say ok to their million dollar estimate"
    Maybe you should not of gotten a dog if you could not affored the price of a dog. Have you ever been to another vet? Banfields prices are very good, and give you a detailed report BEFORE you get charged of what it will cost. Sounds lile you should of gotten a hamster on your budget. LOL

• Pl
    PlacidVision23 Feb 12, 2010

This post was obviously posted by someone who is disgruntled with Banfield, and not an actual friend of an employee. I truely believe that this entire post is rubbish. My dog has been going to this Banfield for over a year now, and I have seen how the staff treats him. I have seen through the doors, looking in through holes in the paper. I see the staff talking kindly and cuddling him. I have seen them even kiss him! They are always working very hard when I am there. (Once or twice I have seen a person on their phone, or seen people playing around, but no worse than at my own office.) The doctors are always respectful of my budget, and I always get an estimate for treatment before paying. I cannot imagine this kind staff throwing dogs around, or not monitoring my pet during surgery. As for that video on youtube... it appears that there are no pets in the hospital. Maybe it was after closing? No pets are being harmed or neglected in this video, so I don't see anything wrong with it. I can't even begin to imagine which person "is your friend" that would show you pictures of "the horror" at Banfield. None of the staff members I know would do something like that. Do not judge ANY place of busniess because of what you read on the internet. GO IN. See for yourself. I love going to the Secaucus Banfield, and I will continue to. This idiot poster needs to get a life.

• To
    Tommy's MOm Mar 19, 2010

The guys over at Banfield Secaucus are great. Is the wait sometimes long..yes. But they have shown nothing but kindness and love to my dog. My dog PULLS/RUNS to the back of the store to get to Banfield, where he is greeted with love and kindness. You really have to see for yourself.

• Sl
    slynn1 Jul 31, 2013

Look at all the complaints about Bainsfield! I was not impressed when I took my sick cat there. It is all about money. Most independent vets prices are much better than a corporate owned store.