Menu

G
Author of the complaint
6:21 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Banfield Pet Hospital is there to sell you a wellness plan - keep your money regardless of whether you cancel due to poor quality of service for your pet which is your family member. I have noticed that there are over 800 complaints here and I wish I had read this site before putting down payment for a 1 year plan. The "plan" here is to collect money and provide substandard service. I was not properly informed by the vet what the recommended period between bordetella vaccine is and boarding however I did tell them when I would be boarding my puppy. My pup became sick several days after boarding at PetSmart but when I returned to Banfied and saw a different vet and went over all of his symptoms in detail, the exam was quick (save time and collect $) and the treatment was not effective so that 2 days later my puppy was quite a bit sicker. Having no faith in Banfield's ability at this point so I took my pup to a local vet who diagnosed both illnesses correctly (at this point his fever was 104) after giving him an extensive exam and then explaining the course of treatment which was not at all what Banfield's treatment was. The puppy was feeling better by that night and is now fine.
However, despite calling corporate 3 different days and getting transferred back and forth, disconnected, and put on hold endlessly I still do not have a refund that is confirmed, realistic or fair. Jenn, the manager at the Commack facility was rude, condesending and made it clear that the pet was not the priority but protecting the MONEY was.
GO TO A LOCAL EXPERIENCED VET FOR PERSONALIZED PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.
RIP OFF

More Banfield Pet Hospital complaints & reviews

Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning
Banfield Pet Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing
Banfield Pet Hospital - customer service