Having problems with Banana Hobby?

Banana Hobby Customer Service Contacts

Thu10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Banana Hobby Customer Service. Initial Banana Hobby complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Banana Hobby above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Banana Hobby. Discuss the issues you have had with Banana Hobby and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

May 30, 2020

Banana Hobby — Plane

So I ordered from bannana hobby this past month. I got a RTF 1400mm red cessna. Out of the box it was a nice...

Banana Hobby — defective merchandise, not as advertised

Oct. 30, 2011 I ordered a Piper J3 Electric RC airplane w/4 CH BlitzRCWorks 2.4GHZ Transmitter & Receiver for...

Banana Hobbyriped off

I purchase a E D F Jet from banana hobby in april this year and low and behold it never turned up .
I have made maney calls to them but never get an answer i tryed there online suport but noooooooo go from that
im at my wits ends with shonkey online dealers no one at banana hobby wants to help .
DO YOUR SELF A GOOD DEED DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE SHONK'S ... THAY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND WONT GIVE IT BACK... NOR WILL THEY SEND OUT YOUR purchase..PETER FROM BANANA HOBBY YOUR A DIRTY DOG CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN 5 WEEKS PALL ...I WILL GET MY MONY BACK YOU ###...

Banana Hobby Remote Controle Plane — customer service returns

I bought my son a 200.00 dollar plane. My first order with this company. We receive plane and one of the...

Banana Hobby — got ripped off!

Warning warning warning know this, banana hobby ca. Will steal your money! My case is still under...

Banana Hobbycessna 182

To Whomever will listen,

After several warnings from friends and online chatrooms...I still felt I needed to give Banana Hobby.com a chance at selling me a quality airplane. I should have listened to the groundswell of complaints against them.

I bought a Cessna 182 N9258 radio controlled airplane. This plane was suppose to be "ready to fly" but the receiver (which had no atena to it)...was just put inside the plane and wasn't even connected. The plane had a broken wheel also and had broken and non-working receiver and transmitter. I bought a new receiver and finally got it to lift off to only crash within seconds because the plane was not balanced. It did not have any instructions on balancing or binding the receiver to the transmitter. I had to have a friend help me do that since I could not get any help from Banana Hobby.com's tech support.

Please do something about this "scam" company.

Sincerely & Respectfully,
    Paul Hicks
    RR1 Box 3090
    Doniphan, MO 63935
    [protected]

[protected]@windstream.net

Banana Hobby Rc Airplanes — wrong merchandise/no refund

5/19/10 ordered and paid in full using paypal a rc stealth bomber...it was on backorder due at end of...

Banana Hobby — r/c airplane

Banana Hobby is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. The products are garbage and the customer...

Banana Hobby — scam, scam, scam

< banana hobby is nothing but scam > Two months ago I made a mistake and bought a f4e plane from these guy...

Banana Hobbypoor service, stole money

The companies employees all lie non stop. I can not count how many times they lied to me and in open forums no less. They took my money and never sent my parts. I filed a dispute and they said because I did that not only will I never get my part but I will also not get a refund. Their company head (Pete) is completly full of crap and will gladly lie to you any chance he gets. If you are not spending over $1000 or if you are not famous they will treat you like crap.

STAY AWAY FROM BANANA HOBBY!!

Banana Hobbywhere do I start...

Beware!! Do not order from this company!!!
        A rating of 1 is too high for this merchant. I purchased 2 helicopters for which there was 100% guaranteed satisfaction. The helicopters arrived almost a month after I purchased them for christmas, were of very poor quality, and they didn’t fly. I was unable to send them back because the company required a return merchant authorization number (rma#) - however weeks of constant emails and telephone messages went unanswered. When someone finally did reply, they claimed that the return period had expired and they would not accept the items for refund or exchange. Their 100% guarantee police is a joke and everything on their website is falsely advertised. Yahoo would be wise to sever it's relationship with this fly by night operation.

Bananahobbybananahobby worst company in the world

I have ordered an RC Boat from bananahobby since May 19th 2009, the funds was taken out that same day from my account, $478, I did not receive it untill June 5th, so much for 5 bussiness days, but this is not the end, because it was broken I had to sent it back for a replacement on 6/08/2009. After calling, geting huld up on, and holding for no less than 30mins +, sometimes two and three times a day, I got nothing but "please hold on", and they never came back on the phone, and when they do come back on the phone or reply to my hundreds of e-mails, they tell me it will be shiped out the next day. It's now June 19th 2009, One Month from the day they took my money and I have not received my boat, what a scam.
          Is there anyone out there that can help me?

• Pa
              PatK91 Jan 14, 2010

Please Dont buy from this company ( Bananahobby)they have no sales support and no intention of sorting any problems . My order was incomplete and on trying to reach the company through e_mail, Fax, phone or online chat you get no response. I have looked on the web trying to see if other people have had similar problems and found some complaints on Bananahobby facebook page alluding to shonky goods and total lack of support from the company regarding any complaints. So to all tose R/C fans out there--- Find another company!and dont become another victim They take your money and thats that.

• Ju
              Juan Jose Rivas Jul 21, 2009

hi im Juan Jose
              i also bought a helicopter. one of the motors always stop in middle of flight. i send back to them to tell me what happend with the heli. they never answer me any more. and they sill have my heli from more than 2 months. this is my email, write me pls. [email protected]

Banana Hobby — never received goods

Theustomer service at this company is unbeleivabl poor. I ordered an rc boat and extra battery. Total cost of...

Banana Hobby — defective product

Never buy at banana hobby. After taking your money they don't want to hear! I spent $700+ on an f - 18...

Banana Hobby R / C Helicopter — support/product

Paid for an item online from bh and received a used / broken item. (r/c helicopter) paid shipping fees again...

Banana Hobbypoor service

On October 2008 I purchased two R/C Helicopters from BananaHobby.com.

During the initial purchasing phase they were quick to respond to inquiries. Now that I have the helicopters I need to purchase replacement parts for one that happens to be a newer model for 2008, but cannot get any response from Banana Hobby. On the purchase description it does list that "all" replacement parts are available which led me to believe that common parts like replacement rotor blades would be easy to get. They are inexpensive parts, but I cannot locate a seller in the U.S. and Banana Hobby will not help.

I have tried several emails, and the phone numbers listed ring and ring with no answer. Once the business hours are into effect, the phone is placed off the hook and rings busy.

I am writing this to warn other shoppers that sometimes, a good price is no replacement for "good service".

• Gl
                Glenn Wilson Apr 29, 2010

My name is Glenn, I've had multiple orders in the last 6weeks. I got all my products on time excellent customer service, awesome products. Excellent shipping. I am not affilated in any way nor do I have any relative that works for banana hobby. Top notch 5star service, products, and shipping from the staff at banana hobbys, I would definately order again and reccomend vanana hobbys

• Ho
                HowieB Oct 13, 2009

Hi Guys, I am from South Africa, last year I purchased 1 plane and 2 helicopters from BH. The plane worked fine and 1 of the heli's. The other did not even get off the ground. I tried to get hold of BH but with no luck. Anyway, I turned the helicopter into a boat! But about a month ago I wanted some spares for the Artec plane, so I ordered a load of stuff. I paid by credit card, but did not receive the whole order. There was NO note or credit to my account. If anyone knows a official USA consumer trade office I can contact about this please post it, I'll keep my eye's on it. Howie from AFRICA

• Wi
                william stuart Mar 12, 2009

I ordered a 30'' RC Boat from BananaHobby to be sent to my grandson in Australia to reward him for a years hard work and excellent school grades. The boat arrived on time; but it wasn't new. When taken out of it's protective packing the hull had two black marks on it, one each side. It was very dusty. The boat Ni Cad was charged, a further indicator it had been used. But the Tx sent was not only defective; a loose wire, soon fixed; but it had the wrong operating frequency. The boat Rx operated at 27Mhz, the handheld Tx at 40Mhz. Hence RC range was about 10 feet rather than the 300 feet it should have been.
                I can confirm the helpline phone number when you do get through after a few rings goes dead. With the e-mail I fared better. At first this worked well, we were able to identify the problem and BananaHobby offered to send a replacement 27Mhz Tx to my grandson. So far so good, but then the problems began. They didn't answer e-mails requesting info on when the Tx had been shipped.
                So then tried their Chat Line; I did get a response and promises; but nothing happenened. The Boat was delivered 5 Jan. The problem was identified and a replacement Tx promised 26 Jan. It didn't arrive, wasn't even sent despite weekly assurances on the chat line that it really was on it's way, and lots of apologies.
                I think I may be getting a result now, the operator on Monday, added the replacement Tx to the original order and promised to send me a tracking number, that was Monday, it should have been despatched Tuesday. This morning Thursday sent an e-mail directly to operator for tracking info. I'm a realist and don't expect too much.

Wondeful website, really too good to believe prices (almost). Abbismal aftersales. What a great pity. If they can't replace a contribution to replacement cost would be appreciated. Replacement policy only works if the shipping cost is considerably less than purchase price, to Australia it is about one and a half times! So you have to believe in the site.

What they should do: Like Amazon.co.uk show a new price and used price for the items (because my grandson got used/defect/factory seconds/returns) call it what you will.
                My advise if the price is right and you are still getting a good deal after allowing to replace say a Tx including of course shipping costs, then it may be worth taking a chance. But if it goes wrong you are on your own. Another thing if you are buying as a present give youself time to sort things out, don't send direct.
                Would I buy from them again? No I wouldn't put my grandson through the roller coaster of wow to woe again. Rather buy from a shop and suck the price and maybe limited range of modela on offer.