Automobile Acceptance CorporationHas Unfair Business Practices

R

As an activist for the underdog I write to you in hopes that you will lend a hand to help me and my family with a grave crisis that we are faced with. I am an Honorably Discharged United States Veteran that suffers from the documented disabilities of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, Left Arm Neurological Damage, Chronic Hypertension, Chronic Liver Disorder, Depression and Sleep Apnea. Several months ago I lost my job as a result of the terrible recession we all are enduring due to the economy. Consequently I suffered a Nervous Breakdown which led to me abusing alcohol; eventually I was placed in a secured Correctional Treatment Facility. Where I was treated for my disabilities, medical conditions, and enrolled in for completion of an intense Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Program.

I've contacted you because in my deprived state I was manipulated, pressured, and maneuvered into the purchased a 2002 KIA Sportage by Automobile Acceptance Corporation for a staggering $9, 923.70. Admittedly, I became involved with Automobile Acceptance Corporation against the advice of countless friends and family members. Everyone's concern was which has to be proven true is that I should not do business with that Automobile Acceptance Corporation. Since, they target gullible women, single mothers, the disabled, emotional and physically unstable as well as poor undereducated Blacks, Latinos, and other minorities. Automobile Acceptance Corporation sells their vehicle for far greater than Kelly Blue Book value, the interest rate is phenomenal and the monthly payments are higher than industry norm. Unfortunately I was naive, desperate, and didn't really understand that Automobile Acceptance Corporation was swindling me. Automobile Acceptance Corporation boasts of a 21 Point evaluation that's allegedly conducted on all of its vehicles before they are sold. While in fact there was never a 21 Point Evaluation done on the KIA sold to me I later leaned. When I pointed out the many defects the vehicle had, some were fixed but the majorities were not repaired. I was told that the vehicle was mine and I had to live with or repair the defects. The worst of the defects was the chipped windshield which later spread across the entire windshield and the timing belt which astonishingly gave out after just a few months of purchasing the vehicle. A reputable company does not sell a consumer a vehicle for $9, 923.70 and the timing belt and windshield give out in a mere few months, its just unheard of and unacceptable. To date I have paid Automobile Acceptance Corporation $2, 972.00 for the KIA Sportage which book values at $1, 850.00 with 99, 193 miles on it at time of purchase. I am not sure if the decision makers or Executives at Automobile Acceptance Corporation know how terrible the company overall has treated my loved ones and I. Surely a reputable company would not direct its employees to abuse its customers as thy have done me. My friend Kimberly was helping me by paying the payments on the Lemon KIA for me while I was in Treatment. However, she could not help the entire time that I was in Treatment she had her own bills to attend and after all to the loan wasn't her responsibility. When she stopped paying my car note Automobile Acceptance Corporation began telephone harassing her. They called her at unbelievable hours of the day and night, threatening her and me and behaving inappropriate and unprofessional. Automobile Acceptance Corporation also telephone harassed my elderly mother and father. They even went so far as to terrorize my minor daughter on the telephone. Automobile Acceptance Corporation told my child that they would send me off to prison because I had not paid the KIA payment! To this day my minor daughter suffers nightmares as a result of Automobile Acceptance Corporation telephone harassment. When I came home from Treatment I telephoned Automobile Acceptance Corporation and explained my situation to them. They stated that nothing could be done to help my family and me at this time. Balance in full is due immediately, and monthly payments would no longer be extended to me and the repossession process would continue. Sure I like millions of other Americans suffered a rough spot here lately. However it's fundamentally unfair when you take into consideration that the vehicle is a Lemon, and we have invested significant capital in the vehicle already.

I am being significantly overcharged at $9, 923.70 for a vehicle that was only worth $1, 850.00 with 99, 193 miles on it. I guess I have several options at my disposal such as maybe picket the Dealership, hand out Flyers of displeasure at the Dealership to the public that is about to enter the Dealership, or perhaps sue Automobile Acceptance Corporation for overcharging me, for selling me a Lemon, for not making the repairs and for harassment towards my minor daughter and elderly parents, or maybe I can organize the MANY other dissatisfied customers, I have learned of on the Internet in a Class Action Lawsuit. While I do have these options and I have considered them all, none of which will help my family and me on an immediate basis. I am at this time employed therefore what I am willing and financially able to do for my family and my sake as well as livelihood and to resolve this matter. Is simply pay Automobile Acceptance Corporation the balance which they demand. At my original monthly payments of $270.00 a month, in return I minimally ask that Automobile Acceptance Corporation issue a letter affirming that they will in fact repair the timing belt and windshield also repossession efforts would cease immediately. Possibly your organization is capable of facilitating this fair as well as amicable arrangement between Automobile Acceptance Corporation, my family and I so my debt no matter how ludicrous can be paid. Also so my family and I can have transportation to get to and from dreadfully essential Doctor's appointments, support group meetings, work, school, after school activities and all the things that American families enjoy. I thank you in advance for whatever assistance that you may extend to my family and me, God Bless you.

• Bu
    buffergirl Jun 20, 2016

automobile acceptance needs to go belly up they are crooks always will be I guess until someone takes a stand and do to them what they have been doing to peoples for years ...I myself am not gonna sit ideally by and just say oh well ..you've stepped on to many peoples toes and something needs to be done about it ...hire yourself a later and just make sure they are not in cahoots with this shady company and hope for the best ...uh ho correction ...kick there A.. (PUT A FOOT IN THERES LIKE THEY DID YOURS). cause you see I too was screwed by that god awfully company and I've got my own game plan in store for them ...wanna play dirty ...LET'S DO IT...WAIT TILL YOU HEAR ABOUT MY FINISHING POINT...