Complaints & Reviews

taking more than I owe

I have been paying off a debt with garnishment through ADP and they have over charged me more than $8, 000 which they now have now record of ever having a garnish for me for that amount. Business owners beware of what you are doing to your employees before choosing this company!!!

• Il
    Illegal Garnishment Mar 31, 2014

Back in 2010, my wages were illegal garnish. This was a divorce matter. My ex attorney took it upon herself to have my wages garnish. She claimed I owned him temporary spouse support during the time of the divorce. I never had to give him any temporary spouse support. She went to the Central intake and put in an Income of Execution, without a court order. I have no legal documentation from the court telling me I had to give him any temporary support. I even took the time from my job to check to see if there were any supporting documentation telling me I have to give any support during the divorce. I have called ADP and told them they are illegal garnishing my wages without a court order. It make me sick, what people get away with. And it gets better, I received a letter from ADP that they were going to be garnishing my wages. Meanwhile they were taking the money out before I received their letter. I know in the State of New York you have to be served. I was not served by the courts. I beg my second attorney to stop this, but said I had a court order for her to do that. I look him square in the face and told him I do not have any court order. My third lawyer was no better. I told him I want that court order and he look at me and told me my ex attorney lost it. So we are now in 2014 and ADP are stilling garnishing my wages. I am now seeking some legal advice and nothing would give me such great pleasure as to sue ADP for the pain and suffering they have caused.

• Mo
    Momofnine Jan 21, 2015

This company needs to be investigated. My son is having a hard time collecting his wage garnishment overpayment from ADP. They have given him so many answers which are lies, that they are not sure what to tell him any longer. Now they claim that they sent the money to his employer and are no longer responsible for the money. WHAT? I think they are wrong. Because until my son receives his money, they still owe him the money. I'm pretty sure an attorney would agree.

buyer beware

If only I had read this site before deciding to go with ADP. As a small business owner I should have investigated ADP.

We signed on for payroll and 401K services, what a mistake! Attempting to speak with a "specialist" is futile, their record keeping is inept at best and dishonest at worst. Fees are not fully explained when they are "courting" an account. Today, no Fed Tax taken from employee's pay. It is two weeks since funds were transferred to our new 401k account, but funds have not been allocated and records are incomplete.

They are excellent at "lip service, " but when it comes to straightening out a problem they have caused they are not available. They were to debit my account for taxes returned from another payroll service and now (even though I have a letter stating this would be done) I am left in trouble with the IRS because these taxes were not paid.

Please save yourself the headaches we are experiencing. Choose another company, but investigate before signing anything.

hold on card for declined charges

i attempted to purchase fuel at mapco @5211 poplar ave in memphis tn. i had a balance of $59.00 on my total...

garnishment services

I have a court order which clearly states that my Child support will be paid as a garnishment to my ex-wife on the day that I receive my pay. We recieve our pay on the 1st and the 15th of every month. ADP has decided to ignore a Cook County Court Order because it relies on a an Illinois Child Support guideline which states that they have 7 days to pay Child Support. So, ADP has decided that this is their policy, regardless of what the court order states, and therefore is making interest on everyones child support payment, by with holding it for 7 days.

I have now moved to Texas, while my ex is still in Illinois. The Texas guideline is 14 days. So, now my ex's child support stays in ADP's hands gaining interest for 14 days.

On August 31st, they decided not to garnish my wages. I called their helpdesk and spoke to "Mike" in Bangalore, who gave me a ticket number. I worked through my company to ensure they do not withhold my child support as I will pay her directly. 29 days later I get a call from "Mike" who quotes me my ticket number and informs me that they are going to withhold that Garnishment on the 15th of October. I explained to them, in a rather harsh voice that if I waited for them to do what they were supposed to do, I would have been in contempt of a judges order for 45 days. I explained that I already paid them and by no means am I authorizing them to withhold an additional child support amount. I have a feeling that they will make a double payment on 10/15.

Why hasn't there ever been a class action lawsuit on them and their actions. It is clear that thier actions are unethical (withholding my money, against a judges order, to gain interest.) It is clear that they are not following the Circuit Courts orders.

L Hughes Jul 31, 2013

ADP COMMITS FRAUD OFF OF ME ALSO ...THEY HOLD MY WKLY CHECKS HOSTAGE, SOMETIMES A WK, SOMETIMES A FEW WKS WORTH... THE LONGEST HAS BEEN 6 WKS BEHIND... MEANWHILE... MY UTILITES ARE TURNED OFF, MY TRUCK HAS BEEN REPOSSED, MY HOUSE PAYMENTS ARE BEHIND WITH THREATS OF FORECLOSURE FROM TIME TO TIME. NOT TO MENTION MY TOTALLY RUINED CREDIT DUE TO THEM. I LIVE WK TO WK... SO NO GAS FOR MY TRUCK, SOMETIMES NO GROCERY.. ITS BAD ENOUGH I HAD TO GO THRU A DIVORCE AFTER 23 YR MARRIAGE TO END UP WITH A TINY CHK WHILE MY XHUSBAND STILL OWNS THE MULTI MILL. BUSINESS WE ONCE OWED TOGTHER, I ALSO HAVE A COURT ORDER TO RECIEVE THIS WKLY CHECK...I KNOW ITS ADP FAULT...MY X WILL NOT LISTEN ABOUT THE FRAUD THE COMPANY HE HAS HIRED TO SEND MY CHECK THIS IS F---'N ###... ITS FEDERAL FRAUD, THIS COMPANY MAKES MILLIONS, OFF OF ME AND YOU AND OTHERS, BY HOLDING THE CHECKS, BUILDING MILLIONS IN INTEREST, AND MAKING INVESTMENTS OFF OUR MONEY. YES I HAVE ALSO SPOKE WITH CON ARTIST MIDDLE EASTERN MIKE ...FROM INDIA. CONTACT ME AT [email protected] WE NEED A ATTORNEY... IF A WOMEN CAN WIN IN COURT OVER SPILLED COFFEE ...BUT THESE OTHER COUNTRIES CAN BOMB US, AND HOLD OUR CHECKS HOSTAGE, USE IT TO BUILD INTEREST IN THERE ACCOUNTS AND PROBABLY SHORT TERM STOCKS... TRIPLE DAMAGES HERE WE NEED A ATTORNEY

• Ad
    ADP SUCKS Aug 29, 2013

ADP as of today is NOW 34 DAYS LATE mailing my child support payments to me. Bob from Bombay gives me a tix number and tells me the "internal fks" don not have a telephone!

• Do
    Don'tBeAnIdiot Dec 13, 2014

Shut up, jackwagon.

payroll garnishment

ADP took $169. a week for child support and failed to send it to the agency for 2 weeks. My husband is now in arrears and ADP has not sent to agency or returned it to us. I went and payed the arrears and now ADP is taking #253. a week for it

Joshypoo Dec 04, 2010

Next time, don't have a baby

• Je
    Jen39 Apr 05, 2011

I have a garnishment for a hospital visit I had when my son was born he is 8 now. They got the min wage wrong for my state. They had 7.50 and it's 8.67. So they are taking more out of my checks then they are suppost to. 60x min wage should be safe(I get paid bi weekly) but when I called the company they said only 400 is safe for my state???? What happened to the law?

• Gi
    GiannaM Feb 15, 2013

I've been paying support via an ADP garnishment as well, and it takes them 2 weeks to send off the payment AFTER it has been deducted from my account. I can't begin to tell you how many issues this has caused.

I also receive support via my ex's garnishment. He get's paid on the 7th and 21st and it is electronically sent to the SDU within 2 days, and it's in my bank account within 4.

L Hughes Jul 31, 2013

ADP COMMITING THERE FRAUD ...LIKE THEY HAVE ON ALL OF US... THEY LEAVE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLES MONEY OWED TO THEM MOST THRU COURT ODERS, THAT LIVE WK TO WK. WAITING ON CHECKS... AND THE INVEST THE MONEY IN SHORT TERM STOCKS AND BUILD INTEREST OFF YA MONEY. MEANWHILE PEOPLE WAITING FOR A WK TO WK CHECK TO LIVE OFF... HAVE UTILITES TURNED OFF, GO LATE IN TRUCK PAYMENTS, HOUSE PAYMENTS, THERE CREDIT IS DESTROYED FOR LIFE. JOIN GROUP... THEY HAVE WITH HELD MY CHECKS AS LONG AS 6 WEEKS BEFORE AND AS WE SPEAK LAST WKS IS DUE, AND THIS WKS WILL BE DUE IN A DAY... MY UTILTY BILLS ARE WAITIN TO BE SENT AND MY TRUK WAS DUE W LAST WKS CHECK. MY COURT ORDERED CHECK IS PART OF A BUYOUT IN A BUSNIESS I OWNED FOR 23 YRS, W MY XHUSBAND. THAT WE STARTED TOGTHER. NOW ADP FROM INDIA OR SOME OTHER MIDDLE EASTERN LOCATION, MAKES INVESTMENTS AND PROFITS OFF OF... DOESNT THAT MAKE ME A STOCKHOLDER OF THE PROFITS THEY ARE MAKING OF MY MONEY, SEEING ITS A ILLEGAL HOSTIGAGE OF MY CHECKS? AND EVERYONE ELSES HERE WITH A COMPLAINT. i'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH THIS MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRY WITH THE USA PO BOX TX. HAS MADE IN PROFIT IN JUST PAST 2 WKS ALONE. NEVER MND WHEN THEY WERE 6 WKS BEHIND HIDE MY STATEMENTS FROM ME AND I NEVER SAW THOSE CHECKS. II'M GETTING A DAM ATTORNEY... ANYONE WANT TO JOIN, [email protected]

taxes

This company takes no responsibility for their mistakes. We had an employee move out of state, and we filled out the approproate change of address form. Well, ADP never took state taxes out for the employess new home. Apparently, we were supposed to know (psychic?) that there was another form to fill out. The web site never prompted us to fill anything else out. Now the employee has to pay a penalty. DO NOT use ADP. You may as well do payroll yourself since either way you will have to assume liability.

L Hughes Jul 31, 2013

I'M ANOTHER VICTIM OF ADP'S FRAUD, MONEY SCAMS. I OWNED FOR 23 YRS WITH X-HUSBAND SELF EMPLOYED, BUSINESS, THRU DIVORCE COURT ORDER I AM TO GET WKLY CHECK, TO LIVE WK TO WK. WELL MY XHUSBAND HIRED ADP ELPASO TX (Really a business run in India, Middle East with a USA PO BOX in Tx) TO SEND MY COURT ORDER CHECKS EVERY WK, INSTEAD THIS ADP CO. HAS DECIDED TO HOLD MY CHECKS HOSTAGE, WHILE THEY SIT IN THERE ACCOUNT AND THEY INVEST IN SHORT TERM STOCKS AND BUILD INTREST WITH MY MONEY TILL THEY ARE GOOD AND READY TO SEND IT WHEN EVER TO ME? MEANTIME MY HOUSE PAYMENT LATE, MY TRUCK HAS BEEN REPOSSED, I CANT GET WKLY GAS, GROCERY, AND FROM TIME TO TIME, THE UTLITIES ARE TURNED OFF WHILE I SIT AND WAIT FOR THE WKLY "WHENEVER" CHECK I AM ENTITLED TO ARRIVES? I WISH MY XHUSBAND KNEW ITS NOT ONLY THE RECEIVER OF CHECKS GETTING TAKEN... BUT ALSO THE COMPANIES LIKE YOURSELF AND LIKE HIS THAT HIRE THIS SO CALLED PAYROLL GARNISHMENT CO. THAT ALSO FALL VICTIM, MY xHUBBY HAS ALMOST 100 EMPLOYESS... WAIT TILL ADP DOES WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU... LIKE YOU SAID DO YA CHECKS YASELF. BECAUSE OF ASSUMED LIABILITY. MAYBE THATS THE ROUTE I SHOULD TAKE, ITS MY XHUBBY THAT IS ASSUMING THE LIABILTY HERE THAT HE HAS PUT CUTTING THE CHECK IN ADP'S HANDS. I SHOULD GO AFTER MY XHUBBY BASED ON THAT IF HE WILL NOT LISTEN. ANY INFO THAT WOULD HELP ME OR OTHERS [email protected] I NEED A SHARK ATTORNEY.

very poor customer service

ADP is absolutely the worst payroll company. We fired them in 2005 because they could not fix the mistake...

unethical payroll service

After processing two payrolls erroneously, one ADP client service rep said he would credit my bank account...