Audible.comthey suck!

My son cancelled his account and they still charged him the following month... Incurring $40.00 in overdraft fees (he's 16 with very little in the bank). When I went to cancel the account today, I found that I couldn't do it over the internet - had to contact them by phone. We are going to have to close his account so they will stop drawing money out. They suck!!

• Updated by Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer · Nov 28, 2017

Audible
    Audible Contacts & Information
    Posted: Nov 28, 2017 by Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer
    unauthorized credit card charge
    Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes
    Graz-Austria, Austria
    I have again been charged in november 2017 for audible.com subscription without having a membership.
    Please verify and refund me the money that has been withdrawn from my credit card account in an unauthorized manner.
    Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer

• Updated by Michelle Ramoutar · Jul 26, 2019

I had fixed the issue and cancelled my subscription, my bad!

Noel Feb 13, 2009

Audible did the same to me. The only difference was after I cancelled, they put a refund in my account only to charge it again. Fortunately I closed the account and now all I get from them is belly aching on how they are unable to process my account. They give you a cancellation authorization that means squat. I highly recommend using other services.

japanmom Mar 10, 2010

They did the same to me, too! It's so hard to cancel my account, I did it twice and they still charged me in the next month.

• 1u
    1UNHAPPYCUSTOMER Aug 12, 2010

I ordered my first audiobook from Audible and it would not rip to CD. After contacting and following their directions it still didn't work. Here is the reply I received from Audible:

I am sorry that the burn did not complete, however, there is nothing more
    I am able to do to get the CD burn to work properly.
    Sincerely,
    Stephen L
    Audible Customer Support

• Sx
    sxybeepsgt Jan 30, 2011

Audible.com IS A SCAM!!! It read FREE Stormrage download, but this site connected itself to my amazon credit card information and changed my free trial to a gold premium membership and charged my credit card, and then would not allow me to delete the account when I discovered the fraudulent charges on my bank statement. BEWARE PEOPLE!!!

• Tu
    turkishcustomer Feb 26, 2011

They did the same to me as they did to sxybeepsgt. It is impossible to cancel the membership by any means unfortunately. I downloaded a free application, but they directly connected to my amazon credit card information and changed my free trail to a membership and charged and are still charging to my credit card. Someone must stop this fraudulent act!

• Mi
    Mike Oct 22, 2011

Audible.com is a blatantly criminal company.
    For whatever reason, I bought a book and they billed me twice for the same book.
    Called customer service, and they were literally illiterate. I asked them what country they were in, and they said the Caribbean.
    There was absolutely no way to get them to refund the money to my account. There is no question this company will steal your money. They belong in jail, but who's going to go chase them in the Caribbean?
    They'll be gone sooner than later. Too bad, since the concept is great.

• Wt
    WTFSCAM!!! Jun 27, 2012

On May 29, 2012 AUDIBLE.COM charged my debit card for $7.49, the funny thing is I don't have an account at AUDIBLE.COM so I called my bank and told them about the fraudulent transaction. My bank returned my money, cancelled my debit card and they sent me a new card, but then On June 26, 2012 AUDIBLE.COM charged me again for $7.49 and I said to myself WTF!!! so this time I called AUDIBLE.COM and told them that I do not have an account on them and the representative asked me for my email address, but i just told him that I don't have an account on them, so then he asked for my debit card number and I told him that I don't remember my debit card number because I already destroyed it because I got a new one. Then he asked for my new debit card number, so out of curiosity I gave him my debit card number and he put me on hold to check the account on that debit card. Few minutes later he's back and said that he found the account... WTF!!! He also said the name on the account and guess what.. it's my name WTF!!! I told him I don't have an account on them and he gladly refunded my money and closed "my account" The question is how did they managed to get my new debit card number? AUDIBLE.COM MUST DIE

annmurrie Aug 14, 2018

Unauthorised used of credt card. Please note that for the past two months a fee of $ 14.95 has been charged on my credt card. I have no knowledge of this transaction and i would like to get a refund as well as to cancel any upcoming fees / membership fees.

• Dn
    dnsprsd Aug 15, 2018

5th July2018

Audible POS Debit/ ref no-818634973864/ HDFC Bank

Rs. 1028.20/- has been debited from my account by Debit Card.

Refund of debited amount.

• Ni
    Niki Frank-Cobb Aug 15, 2018

I have never even downloaded this on my phone there is a charge in my bank I want my money back!! My number is 832 6420999

chinabull Aug 16, 2018

What is going on HERE! if everyone is being charge without their consent including
    myself, and I've closed out three credit cards, with three different account numbers. On this fourth one they just charge me again. I told Visa its someone at their company. And she got upset with me, and said call Audible Books, " No, Call The Police." :{

• Ba
    Barbara Sue Seal Aug 20, 2018

I am being billed. Do not use !!! Please credit my account & Cease & desist immediately

Susan Yonce Aug 20, 2018

the company Audible - associated with Amazon has been charging my visa and is unauthorized to do so - for the last 4 month of 2018.
    jan-april - on the 5th of each month -
    monthly charges of $15.10 that I never authorized to my credit card visa.
    susan yonce
    greenwich ct
    2036617309

Sunny Dawn Aug 20, 2018

Getting my debit card info. without my permission and putting monthly fees on my bank statement.

2nd time I've had to cancel my debit card to avoid fraudulent activity.

• Eb
    Ebren Aug 20, 2018

4/4 $16.00
    3/19 $20.96

Were charged to my account. I have no idea what this company is. I'd like my money back please as I did not authorize this. I don't even know what to enter in these blanks. Lol. Thank u

• El
    elizete masullo Aug 20, 2018

My Amazon credit card has been charged US$ 14.95 every month since 01/26/17 t'ill know.
    I request a refund for the amount charged.
    regards,
    elizete masullo

Anneliese Ramirez Aug 20, 2018

My debit card was charged without my permission and I don't use any audible apps
    I downloaded one but never added a book. I don't understand why you guys charge people without permission I've seen complaints and now I kno I'm not the only I need this resolved and refunded my money

Joy Lynn Pollock Canady Aug 21, 2018

I do not read any books on Amazon . So why am I being charged for it? I would very very much love to have my money back on my card as to what i was charged for that i don't use. Please let me have refund.? I know for sure i didn't read any books today, in the past, or even in near future online.! Allow me to have my money back a.s.a.p??????

• Kn
    knucklehead62 Aug 21, 2018

Just noticed I have been charged for the last three months for something I didn't authorize! See this is a common occurrence! I can't believe this is happening and don't know how to resolve this matter; there is no phone number given.

• Eb
    ebonylive Aug 21, 2018

I had looked at this on line next thin I know they are taking money out of my account never signed up or ordered it would like my money refunded not impressed at all

• La
    Laura Tanner Aug 21, 2018

They have been Charging two of my debit cards, then want to charge me $9 to cancel a subscription I never sign up for

• Di
    Diane Dau Aug 21, 2018

They keep charging me, but when I attempt to download a book, the site tells me I can purchase through amazon or audible. Apparently, the monthly charge doesn't include a book????

Stay away from this company!!! They're ripping people off!!

• Ca
    carrettefrance Aug 21, 2018

I need to know what the 14.95 each month on my credit card is for.
    I did not authorize this. I need to know urgently.

Paper books were ordered on line from Amazon however each month my credit card is billed a charge of 14.95. I did not authorize any subscription fee or any other fees.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Mary-June Tracy Aug 21, 2018

I cancelled my account : Cancellation date: 2018-03-02. I was Recently charged from Audible adbl.co/bill NJ 19.77.

If I cancelled why am I being charged?

• Sy
    Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer Sep 01, 2018

Sylvia Stuhlpfarrer

• Dr
    DrBilll Sep 05, 2018

Dont know your service, but I am now seeing a $14.95 monthly charge all this year on the 10th of the month on one or the other of my credit cards (how did you get both numbers??).

Billing began 3/2016 so far as I can see back.

I'm ignorant in the true sense of the word... and upset.

Would like an explanation, and refund ... Please.

Suman Sharma Sep 05, 2018

I don't know for what I am being charged US$14.5 by audible. Apart from downloading the audible app I have done nothing, I see no product in my app for which I might have been charged. I don't want this appearing in my credit card bill anymore.

• To
    Toni Carson Sep 18, 2018

I have been continuously charged since April 06, 2018 for $14.95 and have just recently noticed this on my debit charges. This was done without my consent or authorization .
    I will be expecting a full immediate refund!
    I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.
    Toni Carson

• Ki
    Kim Fly Sep 18, 2018

I never signed up with audible through Amazon or kindle. I know they have charged me 16.00 one time and 14.95 one time.I am going back through my debit card to make sure their is not more.

• Co
    Colleen E Schiehl Sep 19, 2018

I don't want this
    It just showed up as auto deducted payments
    Stop it NOW!!!

Colleen E Schiehl
    [email protected]

Anthony Jarred Nov 11, 2018

We are being charged the amount per month from our credit card. We do not know what this for, and ask that you remove us from your records, or I will seek legal action. I except action ASAP as this has gone on for 8 months.

Regards

Anthony Jarred
    Adelaide SA
    Australia

• Gi
    givemeclarification Nov 11, 2018

Dear Sir,

I don't have audible account, still my bank account shows that 19.80$ is charged on my card each month.

My email is [email protected]

Please help and clarify what is it for.

Regards,
    Richa

• Gl
    Glenn Swarthout Nov 11, 2018

Audible adbl.co/bill
    Glenn swarthout credit card american express ending in 2009

At no time did I authorize a monthly charge, please return this payment.
    17 mar 17
    Audible adbl.co/bill
    $289.50
    Registrado como
    Audible

United states of america (the)
    Cargo procesado el:
    17 mar 17
    NÚmero de referencia:
    At170760003000010100651

• Al
    Althea Henderson Nov 11, 2018

You are a disgrace to companies that are doing a legitimate business. I never ordered any audible books from you. I am filing a dispute with my bank against you for fradulent unauthorized charges.

• Ag
    Aggie Santangelo Nov 13, 2018

I keep getting charged 14.95 a month on my credit card. I have no idea how your company got my information, but this is fraud and stealing. Please contact me asap to reimburse my account.

• Es
    Esther McGinnis Nov 13, 2018

On November 23rd, 2016 I was charged 14.99 for audible from Amazon. I have never used this or authorized them to charge my card. I called the number, and was unable to get a hold of anyone. I will have to call my bank and let them know so they can get a hold of the the company and rebute the charges.

• Mi
    Michelle Ramoutar Aug 04, 2019

Hello,
    Charges were made on June 18, 2019
    I received a charge on my mastercard (Audible CA*M64PT95H0 ) for Amazon Audible which I did not order. I would like to have a refund please.

Michelle Ramoutar

US*WQ90V85L3 AUDIBLE
    US*WQ90V85 888-283--50

I WISH TO GET MY MONEY BACK PLEASE BECAUSE I PURCHASED NOTHING FOR $16.00

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices