AT&Tuverse equipment returns

L

Disconnected our U-verse account 0n May 26, AT&T required to send boxes for the return of receivers and gateway but these boxes were not received until late July. The equipment was sent via UPS with tracking number on July 26. Received a bill for missing euipment for a total of $648. Have talked to just about every department at AT&T and they have the record of equipment being received in Laredo however we still have outstanding bill. Don't know what it will take for this correction. Waiting on yet another call back from them telling me what the problem is (August 22).

RESOLVED

• Li
    Linda Noles Holland Sep 10, 2018

Their customer service stinks. I was told I would receive a shipping box and label to send back my modem. Now, I am told I have to drive 45 miles to the nearest UPS store in order to return the modem. This is ridiculous. I have spent countless hours on the phone with their reps and have never gotten any satisfaction from any question I ever asked. I have already switched my carrier and they could offer to GIVE me FREE their services and I would not ever bite again. I'm just waiting for them to charge me for the modem that I am sending back. That will be the next issue. I'm done!

• La
    Laura Anderson Stephens Sep 19, 2017

I returned my equipment to AT&T and they are charging me for the bill plus for the equipment $804 I returned my equipment and they won't take it off. They have sent it to a collections agency I have been going back and forth with them for almost a year . They said they would take care of it and haven't there has to be somewhere that we can call to report them on this. I am so upset with them it's terrible that customers have to be treated this way.

• Ti
    timothygross Jul 20, 2017

i gave the ups driver the old one when he gave me the new one

• Pe
    Peggy Hunt Nov 10, 2016

Account No.[protected]. My name is Peggy Hunt.I called and cancelled my Internet service 10/25/16. I also cancelled service with Directv the same day. Directv mailed me a box to return their equipment. I called AT&T to ask if I could return their modem and cord in that Directv Box also. The
    employee said that would be fine. I mailed the equipment Nov 2nd. I do not have the equipment and have talked to numerous people about this but no one seems to help me. I keep getting emails telling me to return the equipment or I would have to pay $150.00 . I was under the understanding that Directv and ATT were the same company now. Please email me back or call me [protected].

• Pe
    Pedro R Diaz Aug 08, 2016

Dear Sir / Madam,
    I received a letter from AT&T with equipment return instructions. The equipment was already returned via UPS a week ago, UPS tracking # 1Z7R3E259006091124. Please verify that it has in fact been received at AT&T, so I am not charged with the non-return cost.

Kind regards,

Tenneille Jul 13, 2016

They are a lie and cheaters with bad costumer service

Tenneille Jul 13, 2016

they canceled my service a month ago and I had paid my bill and they told me they would credit my account for two months and here it is again they canceled my service and again the guy said that they have to send out another technician out to connect services again.
    This is very stressful and a complete headache on AT&T part.. I want my service turned back on with out a technician and my account credit like I was told once before.
    [protected]

• Ga
    Gaell K Jun 03, 2016

My family and I have AT&T as our phone carrier. From the beginning, the service was horrible and our phone calls were dropped or not made at all. Therefore, my family decided to cancel the contract and sign with Verizon while we had 3 months left with AT&T. But before we terminated the contract, I have called AT&T twice asking how much the termination fee would be if cancelled, once in mid- November and once in January. In November, they told me it was $60 all together. However when I called on January 25th at 12:40pm, they told it was $80 all together for a 4-member family plan and that they do not have any record of me calling at all in November or before or after about the termination fee. When we cancelled the contract, we called them to make sure again. However this time, they told me it is $70 each person. That is $280 in total. That is not what the representative had told me when I called. When I called AT&T back about this issue, they told me they have no record of me calling at all in January either. They have changed the price and lied to me three times. I talked to the supervisor but all he told me was to pay the $280. AT&T has lied to me three times and now giving me no choice but to pay the $280. I do not want to pay for the mistake of AT&T and their representatives.

• Lb
    Lbormann Jun 03, 2016

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T Uverse at the end of November 2010 . I canceled the installation of AT&T internet 1 business day after setting it up. Within 2 days of cancellation, I received the hardware for installation- which cost over $100.00 and which I was told I would receive a $75.00 credit for.
    I mailed the hardware back to AT&T via their enclosed return labels. Although I have had extensive experience shipping through various carriers these labels were EXTREMELY uninformative as to the carrier and I saw no tracking data. I dropped the package off at my local post office to an agent and they also could not tell it was not for them. I received a bill for 105.10 in January and called Uverse billing support and was told they had not received the return and I would be held responsible for it if they did not receive it. I was also told that they deal exclusively with UPS for shipping- this was NOT CLEAR on the label. I have seen other reviews saying that even with the tracking info, people are still being held responsible for the amount of the hardware returned to AT&T. These practices seem like a very good way for AT&T to make a bit of extra revenue off their customers who cancel, AT&T should be aware that they are alienating their customers as well.
    BEWARE of subscribing to this service which requires you to purchase hardware outright. It seems to me that AT&T is getting tricky with returns as well. Based on the shipping labels I received, I don't really think they wanted the equipment returned to them. It seems they would rather have their customer on the hook for the amount of the "returned" hardware than actually getting it back.

Joseph A. Motusic Dec 10, 2015

Yeah we had at&t now for 4 1/2 years, we have the uverse and high speed Internet also, just yesterday I moved the living room around, I unplugged the modem, so I can make my wires look better and hidden, that was a dumb move, when I plugged the wires back up to the modem, the modem was shot, will not boot back up, for some reason by plugging it back up, it shorted something out, there equipment is junk, and there never new, there all refurbished equipment. So now last night when we called, they said they can't get a technician out until next week, another words there service is bad, there sending us a new box will be here tomorrow instead of today, I can go 3 miles down the road and exchange the boxes, but they don't allow that they said. . Which I think is bullcrap. Corporate America for you!

• Go
    gonzalo subercaseaux Dec 07, 2015

was charged in the following dates March 12-US 26.08 June 19, 23 and 30th US 27.15 Sept 15 US 21.80 Oct 13 US 26.08 Nov 9 US 26.08 Dec 3 US 26.08

• Ka
    kairos Sep 02, 2015

"My requested order was: [protected] for AT&T / Direct Tv. Complete Choice® Enhanced and FastAccess DSL Xtreme (Up to 3.0 Mbps) has been received. It will be processed within 24 hours. You will then receive another email with an updated status of your order." And it was Done in May 16th, 2015 @ 1:11pm. The cancellation was done by 01/12/2015 @ 2;12pm. In due to the fact the services was spent 3 days to be set up in my residence causing us very disappointment. Therefore I Dispute the Bills against me because I had already cancelled the account within 30 days. Sure of You Attention and Understanding, I request my name out of collections. Thanks!"

• Tx
    txjenn1 May 01, 2015

I moved to an area in a new city that does not offer AT&T U-Verse. The DAY AFTER my service was disconnected, I packed up the equipment and shipped it via UPS as instructed. AT&T then started harassing me, claiming I owed $150 for not returning the equipment. I produced my UPS shipping receipt and tracking number. They said they had the equipment and not to worry because I did not owe the $150. I went through this same process THREE (3) times and they still turned me over to a bill collector. I finally threw a fit, and was once again promised that it was taken care of. True enough - I never received another bill or was bothered by AT&T or a bill collector again. However, I checked my credit report this morning and guess what??!!!?? I have a big black mark on my credit for owing $150 to AT&T. I am disputing the charge and it dang sure better come off of my credit report. If you are considering AT&T U-Verse - think again! All of these nightmare stories are here for a reason! Beware!!

• St
    Stephen Marshall Dec 15, 2014

Faulty DVR cable box AT&T equipment replaced box charged for replacement after being a valued customer for over 2 years never had to pay for their faulty equipment before why now?

• Be
    Betty J Wilson Oct 19, 2014

Requested a paper bill several times. Their web site for on line billing stinks and I can't use it. Haven't seen a bill for months, guess at what I owe. It just keeps going up. All I want it is paper bill! Betty J Wilson, a senior citizen.

• Mk
    MkStItCh Oct 08, 2014

WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT DID THEY TELL YOU???

• Dk
    dkb1 Oct 08, 2014

Told one thing by company last month after receiving outrageous bill, and received even higher bill this month with the same explaination???? WOW they are the worst!

• Ca
    camillego12 Jun 29, 2014

On May 5th I canceled my uverse account as I was moving across country to an area that uverse was not serving. I returned my devices that day and moved. Then, I see that nearly 400 dollars has been taken out of my bank account! Furious, I call to see why the hell I would be charged that. Turns out they said they never got my devices. When I called they checked and said it looks like it was a mistake, and the DO have my devices and I will be getting a refund check.

The bad part about this is, they took everything I had. I missed my car payment and lived with nothing for 2 weeks due to this.

Weeks go by and nothing. Until I get a bill saying they credited me the full amount, and then charged another 250 for a service charge! When I called about that after HOURS AND HOURS of them telling me it was a service charge and device charge for changing my plan to Internet only... I NEVER CHANGED TO INTERNET ONLY and never had a technician on the date they said there was service. After they admitted their mistake AGAIN, they said I would get the full amount...

The check never comes...

I call AGAIN only to be told now that they go out 45 days after service ends... so you take 400 dollars out of MY ACCOUNT because of YOUR MISTAKE and I have to wait??? Att, if you screw up and make a young girl go without money, overnight a damn check...

It has now almost been 2 months and still no check. At this point, I don't think it will ever come. They are just going to screw with me over and over and over again until I give up. I will NEVER use them for my business again and will spend plenty of time telling everyone I know how corrupt this is...

Just so you know att, Amazon made a similar mistake for my prime membership and refunded me the next day. Learn from them.

JoanLeeA Dec 06, 2013

In August I received an email offering a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate for signing up with paperless billing with AT&T. Have not received and can't find how to get it. This is now 4 months later!!
    False and misleading advertising.

• carolehayes Dec 02, 2013

They're still pulling this stuff six years later:

A rep promises something, many things get messed up or not done at all, and when you get to a higher-up they say, "I've never HEARD of the offer you claim that rep made, so we can't honor it."

• Gi
    Gillian B Aug 10, 2013

You need to get a contingency lawyer and sue them aswell as change your service to another provider. You pay them, they are not doing you any favors, think about it.

• Am
    amj2744 Jul 27, 2013

I wish they would change when the man makes that god awful sound while talking about slow turtles and remove the i want more commercial or atleast that line they are very annoying i mute my tv everytime

Not happy w/AT&T Jun 03, 2013

In June 2012, I was promised a $100 visa gift with the start of a new internet service. To this date, June 3, 2013 I have not received it. I talked with reps and a floor supervisor each have told me that I was not eligible. I have asked AT&T if it was a gimmick.

Signed unhappy AT&T customer

• Lw
    lwjenn Mar 23, 2013

I had AT&T turn my DSL service down to 768K while I was on vacation. I requested that it be turned back to Elite 6 mg upon return and, after over a week and 10 requests, it's still at 768K! I have spoken to customer service and technical support departments and they tell me they will fix it but nothing happens. I even went to the local AT&T repair office and spoke with someone face to face and still no results. My only choice is to go with a new provider. We depend on the internet for television and Internet service and are frustrated with AT&T"s lack of concern about customer service.

• Mu
    muzzerfuzzer Jan 22, 2013

sign the petition https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/investigate-att-possible-illegal-fraudulent-business-practices/0kcV3NLv

• Co
    Complainant91923 Jan 18, 2013

The company makes up fake charges and says u owe them alot of money and they will not do any thing about it either they also false advertise

• Ng
    ngreen0804 Oct 30, 2012

They seem that they are cheaper but they actually not my internet is suppose to be $20 a month. Its been 2 months now and I have had to pay $360 dollars. For installing and other fees. They billing department is a waste of time don't even try to get your money back I was on the phone with then for 30 mins. and got a whopping $3.32. I was thinking about changing my cell phone to at&t but not anymore. Should have stuck with time warner cable.

• Da
    Darak Oct 22, 2012

The AT&T billing department is either totally incompetent or is intentionally trying to rip off customers. They have never sent me a bill that was correct. I dropped their cable, internet package because they could not get it working properly. Then they continued to bill me for services they never provided. This company needs a class action suit against them. DON'T BUY FROM AT&T!!!

@terrys Oct 11, 2012

No such thing as all 3 services for $89/month for 2 years as advertised in nice 8x10 glossies and online. Check it out, online or in person it's $95/month. Everyone pays an additional $6 for maintenance.

• Hr
    hrojas Sep 28, 2012

ATT is the worse. THey sent the technician to the wrong address. now i am without phone service. i was waiting all afternoon.

• Me
    MEDUY Sep 22, 2012

After 20 years as a loyal customer and impeccable payment history (spending $300/month) with AT&T cellular, we were told they had to do a credit check on us to add another line and charge us $36/line renewed with new iPhone. This doesn't endear me to be loyal anymore even if cost-wise they're on par with Verizon. On top of that, we got conned into trying for a 2nd time their stupid uVerse. First time, 19 months ago, they took 38.4 hours to install and we were more up than down. After we moved, our new neighbors say how great they thought AT&T was over competing TimeWarner. Hah!! Their idiot installed goes and drills a hole in our basement window and house, cuts the power cord on our HDTV in our master bedroom, and then to top it off, he tells us (after 2-days going on 3 - still no phone, tv or web) that they have to trench our property to lay the wiring in. Talk about a complete lack of due dligence -- they had 3 weeks to check for the trenching with WE Energies before estroying our house and property! How do we fight back?!!

noatt Aug 16, 2012

Sign up for AT&T many years ago. Went under contract, but unbeknownst to me, the contract reset and they locked me in for another 2 years. Now they tell them I owe them $1500. Very upset...no understanding for small business owner. Would not recommend.

• Mr
    mre2892 Aug 06, 2012

Was told i would be able to get UVERSE TV, by 1/1/2010, still no service for UVERSE TV, all fiber optic lines are in place in my Village, I am tire of the lies, people in my Village want tv service other then Comcast, most of us hate Comcast Corp., I thing it is time for AT&T to put up or shut up. me personally i am thinging of dropping AT&T altogether, i am tired of their lies, and others in my Village feel the sam way.

• At
    ATT GA Aug 03, 2012

THEY NEED TO SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET UVERSE TV FOR 2 WEEKS NOW!!! THEY HAVE ###S WORKING FOR THEM! THEY ALL HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING!! LIES, PROMISES TO CONNECT AND THEY DON'T, THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN! EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

• Ca
    candyless Jul 21, 2012

at&t has a good product but thier customer service S&%#S I called to day to renew my contract and they basically indicated to me that unless i switched my Wireless phone service to thiers my business would pay normal retail price and which is double what i have been quoted by other phone services. and to boot I would have to pay $20 per month for long distance which would Be $80 per month for somethng i do not need. Boy o Boy AT&T will never ever ever get my wireless business.. I may have to sacrifice the quality of phone service and sign up with another company but ooh well. I'll probably get a "We Want your business back" call in a few months... HAHAHAHAHA bulls%$^t never ever ever again...

• Gi
    Ginternet Jul 20, 2012

May computor was not working it crashed in nov. of 2011 and it was not repairable . I have not at this point replace it with a new computor or laptop. I had no use or way to use the internet service with AT&T.

• De
    Debbie Foster Jul 19, 2012

Every 4-6 wks we have dropped calls or no service. This time July 15 -so far today July 19, 2012. Last month a neighbor twitted and had a response within one hour and a $50. dollar rebate. Then a day later someone of some importance called to say they know what tower we are talking about in Fabius. He was sorry we are going to suffer. because even though they know the problem there is no schedule to fix our problem any time soon.
    As a town board member for Fabius AT&T representatives came to get permits for the tower. For several years now, we have had no problem. I even changed my land line to cell phone. Its my business number and when I'm home its my only number. for phone calls.
    This has been going on for a year now. several people have changed to verizon. I cant afford to cancel. So just because we live in podunk we cant keep up with progress.

• Jl
    J Lennon Jul 19, 2012

I have nothing but problems with AT&T Uverse internet billing since Sept. 2011. I called to renew a promotion and finally talked to a third person, who stated they could give me a discount, I found out they lied to me about what the payments were going to be and basically told by their complaint dept. that they couldn't do anything about it. GOODBYE AT&T will be looking for new internet service

• Sg
    sgtrock1h Jul 13, 2012

On july 13th at the at&t store no#FM03 in Royal Oak Mich tel no# [protected]
    I came in the store and you have door greeter by the name of Dan, who was busy with a customer but he finish an just ignor me and went to other customers, Im disabled was on cane, couldnt stand long, if i havent said something i would still be the standing there or by that time laying there because my leg. He has bad attuide. Im not asking that he be fired, but i think he need to be retrained before going out on the floor and service other customers. I think the store mamger need to call on the carpet with this young man and good chewing is in order. Im not going to drop my account but if this happien agian i will consider other carriers.

• MikeL DISH Jun 16, 2012

Myguess,

I see that you've gone through a rather unpleasant experience and wanted to let you know that we'd love to have you apart of the DISH family if you were interested in checking us out! Let me know or give us a call at [protected] and we would be happy to help answer any questions you have!