[Resolved] AT&Tuverse equipment returns

L Review updated:

Disconnected our U-verse account 0n May 26, AT&T required to send boxes for the return of receivers and gateway but these boxes were not received until late July. The equipment was sent via UPS with tracking number on July 26. Received a bill for missing euipment for a total of $648. Have talked to just about every department at AT&T and they have the record of equipment being received in Laredo however we still have outstanding bill. Don't know what it will take for this correction. Waiting on yet another call back from them telling me what the problem is (August 22).

• Resolution Statement

• El
    Elizabeth Lies May 13, 2007

There's a "link" on their Web site that looks like you can remove services... but all you get is a message stating the page is unavailable at this time. I got the same message a year ago. What kind of company plants a false link on their web page? GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AGAIN

Christa Pack Aug 06, 2007

After being told by a AT&T Rep. that I had all along Worldwide Calling on my ServicePlan, 5$ per Month +8.9 Cents per Minute(I did not take his Name & Badge No. {big Mistake}

I left for Germany for 3 Weeks,my Husband called me, and of course I made all my Hotel-Arrangements for Germany Hotels&Car Rentals on this Plan.

When I came home, the AT&T Bill came they charged me for 82 Minutes, $3.60 per Minute. Now I found out the AT&T Rep made a Mistake, I never had sign up for that Plan!!

In April,when I was asked about the Plan, I did not take it, because I had a MCI Calling Card" I was using, when I used all the Minutes up with MCI I, called right away and ordered the Plan, that s when I was told I had the Plan!

I feel, this is not my Mistake, I call Germany alot, for40 years, always looking for a lower Price per Minute.

Now I am spending Hours on the Phone, only to get rude Reps. who cant help.

I asked one AT&T Person, what would you do in my Place, when you really know in your Heart, you are honest, you remember what the Rep. told you, the Answer was I would just pay it!!!

I am not giving up I am calling, waiting it seemed for ever... until I got someone to talk to, who again would transfer me to someone else, and on and on it went, I spend 2 hours in the morning to try to solves this problem. In the evening I tried again. They are going to investigate it and someone will call me in the Morning. Nobody called!!!

Now it is 2 Weeks later I called again, they told me just pay a certain amount, excluding the amount
    I am disputing. I called yesterday, now I am told I am liable for the whole amount around $450.00 I asked, if I could talk to the Person who decided this. The answer is no!

I asked her please to listen to the recorded Conversation I had with the Rep.from your Office, it is maybe recorded, what he told me, so far no Luck! But I have been told, they will put it in Collection & cut off my Service!

I have always lived my Life honest, but this has really damaged my soul.

• Gi
    Gina Nguyen Sep 03, 2007

I called customer service at AT&T and have been sitting on the phone for over an hour and a half. The customer service people are absolutely rude and would put me on hold and pass me to the next person for me to explain everything all over again. I sit there for over 45 minutes to explain the situation and was then passed on to another person just so I am told that there are no notes in the system about my call.

I had moved to a new home and had transferred my service. I told them I do not need a phone so if there is anything I can do to get the internet service without the phone. I was then told it is cheaper to have the phone line and the internet. So I had the internet and phone transferred... come to find out 2 months later that they had already disconnected my internet service. The service is not provided in my location. Then I was transferred again waiting another 30 minutes before someone would get on the phone... to tell me that whoever it was that was on the phone had misinformed me but my area should have internet service. They have given such a run around. I just don't know where to go from here but to cancel my service and hope to God that no one will ever have to go through this nightmare!

• Ba
    Barbara Tanksley Sep 13, 2007

I ordered high-speed internet service from AT&T, was told I would get a rebate, filled out forms, called, and have not received this rebate. I am extremely unhappy with this provider, and as soon as I have time to change I will.

Jason Mountford Nov 04, 2007

This is so true! There is constantly recommendations to use the online service but it is just as poor as the telephone service! I would recommend using an alternative communications service, if available.

Jason Mountford Nov 04, 2007

At&t assumes that it's customers time is worthless! Even the simplest modification is very time consuming. The service techs are helpful, the human ones that is, but the entire network is confusing and the right does not know what the left is doing! I would recommend using an alternative communications company if available.

• Su
    Susan Reddick Nov 14, 2007

My complaint is just like all the other complaints -Avoid AT&T at all costs - they are b*****ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Lu
    Lupe Hernandez Nov 24, 2007

AT&T not sending rebate they advertised they would for internet equipment. I have sent all info requested. First call I made to them I was told check had been mailed in amount of $79.99 on Nov. 6 and I needed to allow 10-14 days to receive that itself did not make a lot of since but I waited. When I didn't receive anything I called back just to find out they had never mailed it and it was not go out till the next week.

• Ra
    Raja Jagadeesan Nov 27, 2007

AT&T wireless services charges their customers calling 1800 "'s from their cell phone. I had to pay $400 monthly bill after AT&T taking over from Cingular. I used to use local carrier to call overseas through their 1800 #. 1800 is meant free for the customers calling. But whereas AT&T charges even for 1800 #'s. Consumer please be aware of this and save your $$$.

Darlene Dekerlegand Dec 28, 2007

I am considering a class action law suit against AT&T for false advertisement. I have been trying to get a $50 equipment rebate that was promised to me over 4 months ago and I am getting the run around. From reading complaints on this site, this is apparently common practice for AT&T.

Are you interested in joining the law suit?

Darlene Dekerlegand Dec 28, 2007

Did you ever receive your check in the mail?? I have been getting excuse after excuse from the rewards department and I am highly suspicious that this is a tactic they use in hopes of people forgetting about their rebate.

I am considering a class action law suit against AT&T. Are you interested?

Darlene Dekerlegand Dec 28, 2007

I have also been getting the run around from AT&T about my $50 equipment rebate. I am highly suspicious that this is a tactic used by AT&T in hopes that most people will simply forget about the rebate. I will not forget!!!

I am considering a class action law suit against them for false advertisment and fraudulent marketing practices. Are you interested?

• Ne
    Netlace Jan 21, 2017

@Darlene Dekerlegand I am!

• Sk
    SKT Jan 23, 2008

ATT--Inept or Non-Existent ability or willingness to Communicate between Departments; and with Customers.

Sept., 2007- I ordered a transfer of home & Internet services. During that call, the CS rep. told me about and sold me on ATT cellular service.
    BASED ON ATT being able to meet CERTAIN & SPECIFIC CONDITIONS..., I accepted the offer:
    *It would cost me $35.00 up front, but
    *I would receive a $50.00 credit card for my use,
    as I wish.
    *I got the colour of my choice. I chose blue.
    *It would be shipped in 2-3 business days.
    ***Most Importantly, the billing for the cell phone would be added to my monthly billing for my home phone and Internet, on autopay...

Subsequently, I called to delay the transfer date...
    During that conversation, I verified that the cell phone order and that the phone would be sent.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?
    *The transfer was delayed, BUT my home service was SHUT OFF;
    ***Unbeknownst to me, the cell phone order was terminated.
    (I CALLED REPEATEDLY, over the following 3-4 WEEKS, to find out why I hadn't received my phone.
    All CS resps assured me--Yes, you're getting your phone. It'll be there in 2-3 business days.)

Within a week, after the original order & delayed transfer---I called to have services transferred; verified that my cell phone was still ordered and on its way...I HAD NOT RECEIVED IT YET, in the 2-3 business days, as promised.
    *I had no phone & Internet in the old apt., AND NO SERVICE in my new apartment. A week 1/2 later, ATT finally figured out what the problem was... The service connection was shut off at the street.
    *The Internet service COULDN'T BE TURNED ON for another week or two.
    *I was still without a cell phone.
    OCT. 23, '07, I called ATT AGAIN!
    I Found Out...The CELL PHONE ORDER WAS TERMINATED BACK IN SEPT. WHEN THE TRANSFER OF MY OTHER SERVICES WERE DELAYED.
    ** The CS person "never heard of" what ATT had previously offered me;
    ** THE COST WAS $50.00, up front, with a
    $50.00 rebate...;
    ** There were no more blue phones;
    AND
    ****THE NUMBER I WAS ASSIGNED, and gave to everyone, was NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
    TO DATE:

I'VE BEEN CALLED A LIAR, (for all intents and purposes)--The CS I've talked with have declared, they NEVER HEARD OF A $50.00 rebate;
    That if ATT had offered me anything, that offer
    would be on the order. They said, that there's no
    such record, therefore, I wasn't offered any such
    thing.
    (Isn't that pretty akin to calling me a liar?)

ATT DID NOT COMBINE THE BILLING, so I've believed the bill was being paid on auto bill pay..., It wasn't!
    I DIDN'T FIND THAT OUT, until I was calling the CS rep back, who was supposed to CALL ME BACK, BUT DIDN'T...In Dec., when the account was set for shut off.
    UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES, WOULD YOU COMMIT ANY ADDITIONAL $$ TO ATT, BEFORE YOU GOT ALL OTHER MATTERS STRAIGHTENED?

The service has been shut off.
    They're still charnging me mo'ly.
    When I called in yesterday to discuss the matter...
    I was told that any problems which occurred
    prior to my CURRENT account...esentially...
    Did not exist, and would not be addressed.
    I asked the rep, "So, what you're telling me, is that because you don't have a record of it, (you act like) it never happened?"
    He was genuinely professional. I can't complain about that. BUT,
    HOW INSANE IS IT THAT A BUSINESS TELLS ITS CUSTOMERS that THOUGH THE COMPANY CAUSED THE PROBLEMS,
    THE PROBLEMS DON'T EXIST
    UNLESS THEY SAY THEY EXIST!
    and that they don't then have to fix them!
    According to ATT, reality is whatever they want it to be, and the customer, you, me...We've got to pay the price, do without, take the losses!
    From What I've Been Able to Gather:
    #ATT has SERIOUS COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS, between each of its entities, Home, Internet, Cellular.
    ##Either the ability to communicate is in TOTAL CHAOS or it IT IS NON-EXISTENT!
    skt

• El
    Ellen Squier Feb 20, 2008

I have also gotten excuse after excuse on my referral reward. Todays excuse is there is something wrong with their computer system, for all of Connecticut customers. They didnt know when it will be fixed, but they will call me when it is.....Should I believe this? I started the process in 8-07 and it is now 2-08. I thing legal action against AT&T is a great idea.

Marina Whitford Mar 16, 2008

Somehow these people have wind of my phone number and are charging me $12.95 per month for a service I don't have and or have no knowledge of. Beware all!

• He
    heathers Mar 31, 2008

When we signed up for at&t internet services in august 2007 we were told we would receive a rebate. We filled out form and sent it in, I've called 5 times and have yet to receive it.

• Ju
    juliet Apr 15, 2008

time warner cable offered a free modem w/ istallation of roadrunner.ITS A SCAM, NO PERSON IN TIME WARNER CABLE HAS ANY RECOLECTION OF THIS REBATE SO I HAVE BASICALLY WASTED 90 BUCKS! THANKS TIME WARNER

• Valerie Apr 29, 2008

ATT In store visit- to my surprise; no waiting! I stood patiently by the counter for 10 minutes before I was acknowledged, not only did the girls look up and down at my attire (which means THEY SAW ME) the black/blonde haired trio, continued to ignore arriving customers.

Two were on personal calls and the third was watching a movie; pissed and ignored, I figured I'd have a better chance w/ the one, not on the phone and man was she piiissssed I disturbed her movie, the witch took my info., didn’t look at me or say one word the whole time, not once while I was there did I hear "can I help you", "do you need any help" or the most common "hello" out of all 3 girls left to MAN the store.

• Mi
    michelle wright May 12, 2008

I do not want it now i changed my mind please dont charge me and nor do i want any info on it just changed my mind.

• Mi
    michelle wright May 12, 2008

i thought this was a free service please cancel

• Ni
    nita Jul 09, 2008

I was offered a free ringtone download. When i entered the pin they sent me, i got a message saying 19.99 was billed to my account. I do not want this service. I didn't ask for this service.

• Valerie Aug 05, 2008

AT&T Bundel is/was a joke. ($99.00 For all three services) Try $149.00+ every month. What Liars. I have $50.00 in charges & taxes every month WOW Thats a %50 tax or service fee. That what they offered me.

• Br
    BRENDA Aug 14, 2008

WE SIGNED UP FOR A BUNDLE.PHONE/DIRECT TV/FAST INTERNET FOR $99 MONTH.NOW OUR MONTHLY PHONE BILL ALONE IS APROX $140.THEY ADD ON FOR IN HOME WIRE SERVICE, WE DONT NEED OR DID WE ORDER SUCH.I INSTALLED THEM MYSELF.SOMETHING CALLED TRIPLE CHOICE FOR $15.01.WORLD WIDE OCCASIONAL CALLING $1.00.CARRIER COST RECOVERY FEE $1.49.FEDERAL UNIVERSAL FUND FEE $1.24.EMERGENCY 911 FEE $.44.FAST DSL $42.95.LONG DISTANCE $20.28. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.COMPLETE CHOICE $33.00.EQUIPMENT MAINTANCE PLAN $4.75.INSIDE WIRE PLAN $7.50.FED SUBSCRIBER LINE CHARGE $6.60FED UNIVERSAL FEE $.73.THIS IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF I CAN SEE.WE DO NOT NEED ALL THIS, WHEN WE TELL THEM TO TAKE IT OFF THAT WE DID NOT ORDER THIS THEY TELL US WE DID AND STILL AD MORE CHARGES THAT WE CAN NOT PAY, THIS FRAUDSIMPLY PUT.WHAT CAN WE DO.

• Am
    Amy Aug 24, 2008

I disconnected service with Uverse on 11/2/07 and returned all equipment with UPS tracking # confirming equipment was received in Laredo on 11/13/07. I received a final bill in December 2007 with a $0 balance. In June 2008, I received a bill stating they never received equipment. I have confirmation of UPS shipment and called Uverse to report this when I received bill in June. I was told someone would call me back, no one ever did so I assumed the error was found and corrected. Two months later (August 2008), I receive another letter reminding me about the outstanding balance and threatening to charge my credit card. I have made several calls trying to get this straigtened out. It's crazy because I have confirmation equipment was received. Also, why would they wait 8 months to contact me if equipment was not received. So far, no resolution to this matter. Their system is screwed up!

Mark keyworth Aug 24, 2008

colonsmartcleasner Complaints - froud
    Review all colonsmartcleasner complaints
    colonsmartcleasner
    Posted: 2008-08-24 by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    froud

Complaint Rating:
    I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... [email protected] TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
    i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...

John Cisneros Sep 04, 2008

I would just like to stop my subscription, I was under the assumption that it was free, I have only downloaded 1 ringtone and have been charged for 2 months.

• Ej
    ejzas Sep 04, 2008

This is an unauthorized payment that has been deducted via of my phone bill AT&T. I advise you to cease taking money form my AT&T account for I did not authorized these payments.

• Ri
    rita Sep 07, 2008

I had AT&T U-verse for about 2 months when I decided I would be transferring to a new apartment in my complex. When I called to transfer the service, they said that they do not "transfer" service, and that they would need to create a new account with all new equipment, and send back the old equipment. They said they would send shipping boxes and UPS labels for the old equipment in 14 business days after the old service was disconnected. That was March 31st.

The installation this second time around was absolutely horrible. The installer left wires hanging out of the phone jacks and never put plates over them, ripped up my carpet in my bedroom, and put a whole in my wall to run the phone wire from my bedroom to my living room, and said he would be back the next day to finish things up. He never came.

I called AT&T to report the damages to my walls and carpet, and to let them know that i had not received my shipping boxes for the old equipment. They said they would "note my account" and that I wouldn't need to worry about getting charged for the equipment since I called. 2 weeks later I called to let them know I had not received the boxes, nor had a technician been scheduled to come repair what the first installer had left. Of course, they did not have a record of the call I had placed before, but not to worry...they were definitely making a note of this and the shipping boxes were being re-shipped. And on and on this went.

So on July 24th, I finally received my shipping boxes and and UPS shipping labels. I returned my equipment and have my UPS receipt.

Today is September 7, 2008. I recived a bill from AT&T for $649.52 for non-returned equipment. I tracked the order, and AT&T received my equipment on August 4th. I had a sick feeling this was going to happen. Today is Sunday, and of course there is no one to speak with regarding this matter until Monday, which I will have to take care of at what, and I have a feeling this phone call I make is not going to be pretty.

• Re
    Red Sep 12, 2008

Yeah its at&ts fault that you get charged taxes and service fees. Whatever.

• Vi
    Vincent W Collins Sep 15, 2008

I have taken all of At&t services such as Internet, Dish Network, phone service with a promise of a rebate . To this day I have not received nothen.

• Gl
    Glenn Sep 25, 2008

I'm tired of being charged for long distance services that I don't use. The monthly charge now exceeds $18. I have spent over two hours on hold trying to cancel all long distance with At&T, but I have yet to speak with a human as "we are experiencing busy conditions, but your call is important to us." Just how long must I wait to get service, any service, from this monster?

• Ge
    george Sep 30, 2008

I wonder why We have been charge for the " regulatory cost recovery fee" every month. Isn't the porpuse of this fee to defray at&t's costs associated with payments fees. I mean We have been charge for "fees" now. Please explain me.I dont feel okay paying this charge. A I'm wrong?

• Sh
    Sheldon Oct 03, 2008

I have had nothing but trouble with AT&T THERE ARE THE WORSTI AM STUCK WITH THEM AND I AM SO MADE I GOING TO PEE MYSELF...

• Dr
    Druscilla Bridges Oct 03, 2008

I got lOAN THROUGH fASTMONEY 911. Before I could make a payment I was robbed credit card and all. I finnlay got in touch with the them they took out 700 on a400.00 loan and now have NERVE TO CALL AND EMAIL ABOUT THE LAST 140.00 PENALIYTY. i TALKED 3 TIMES AND THEY WERE RUDE AND NOT UNDERSTANDIN. tHEN THEY CALLED ME TODAY AND EMAILED ME ABOUT THE REST OF THE 140.. THAT THEY TOLD ME ON sAT. tHEY WILL BE TAKING IT OUT ON oCTOBER. sOME OF THESE COMPANIES ARE VERY NICE THIS ONR IS NOT AND THEY ALSO SHOW NOW SIGNS OF BEING CREING. bUSH MUST HAVE HIS FINGER IN THIS COMPANY. do not go to them for a loan>

• Ba
    Barbara Ogletree Oct 04, 2008

Maybe I clicked on this by mistake but I want credit or a refund for $14.95 I have no need for thus service, please reply back.42fd6

• La
    lani curiel Oct 15, 2008

I purchased three cell phones. Two haad rebates of $50.00 each, I received $50.00 and want to know where the other rebate is.

Mardelle Germain Oct 16, 2008

I changed my phone and internet services to AT&T. They keep telling me and sending reminder letters for me to go to the rewards web site to redeem my reward. There is NO such web site. This is very frustrating. Mardelle

• Be
    beba55 Oct 17, 2008

I have been trying to get a dead phone line repaired for the last 5 days. I have been calling at least 3 times a day and all I get is a run around. I have even spoken to 2 supervisors explaining that we are a doctor's office with life and death situations. Something needs to done with the horrific service AT&T is providing. Every time I make a phone call, their main concern is to try to sell me contracts to their products!

• Ga
    Gary Oct 18, 2008

Unauthorized charges of $13.92 on AT&T phone bill from ILD Teleservices . The charges refer to Onebackup, LLc data backup MTH svc fee.

dab Oct 22, 2008

there is no reward web site to claim theses rewards they tell u a line of--hit and are very misleading.i don't feel big companys should miss lead there customers, i feel there should be a law for this and they (at&t )should have to pay everyone back plus interest.this is fraud

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices