Menu

AT&T  -  uverse equipment returns

Author of the complaint
12:22 pm
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Disconnected our U-verse account 0n May 26, AT&T required to send boxes for the return of receivers and gateway but these boxes were not received until late July. The equipment was sent via UPS with tracking number on July 26. Received a bill for missing euipment for a total of $648. Have talked to just about every department at AT&T and they have the record of equipment being received in Laredo however we still have outstanding bill. Don't know what it will take for this correction. Waiting on yet another call back from them telling me what the problem is (August 22).

More AT&T complaints & reviews

AT&T - carl blust
AT&T - unauthorized bank charge
AT&T - billing rip-off
AT&T - at&t rewards
349 comments
Sep 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Their customer service stinks. I was told I would receive a shipping box and label to send back my modem. Now, I am told I have to drive 45 miles to the nearest UPS store in order to return the modem. This is ridiculous. I have spent countless hours on the phone with their reps and have never gotten any satisfaction from any question I ever asked. I have already switched my carrier and they could offer to GIVE me FREE their services and I would not ever bite again. I'm just waiting for them to charge me for the modem that I am sending back. That will be the next issue. I'm done!

R
Oct 05, 2021 2:17 pm

You're lucky. I had to drive 125 miles aftr a similar scenario and 6 phone calls promising shipping labels, etc.

Sep 19, 2017 7:06 pm

I returned my equipment to AT&T and they are charging me for the bill plus for the equipment $804 I returned my equipment and they won't take it off. They have sent it to a collections agency I have been going back and forth with them for almost a year . They said they would take care of it and haven't there has to be somewhere that we can call to report them on this. I am so upset with them it's terrible that customers have to be treated this way.

Jul 20, 2017 9:32 am

i gave the ups driver the old one when he gave me the new one

Nov 10, 2016 7:56 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Account No.[protected]. My name is Peggy Hunt.I called and cancelled my Internet service 10/25/16. I also cancelled service with Directv the same day. Directv mailed me a box to return their equipment. I called AT&T to ask if I could return their modem and cord in that Directv Box also. The
employee said that would be fine. I mailed the equipment Nov 2nd. I do not have the equipment and have talked to numerous people about this but no one seems to help me. I keep getting emails telling me to return the equipment or I would have to pay $150.00 . I was under the understanding that Directv and ATT were the same company now. Please email me back or call me [protected].

Aug 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,
I received a letter from AT&T with equipment return instructions. The equipment was already returned via UPS a week ago, UPS tracking # 1Z7R3E259006091124. Please verify that it has in fact been received at AT&T, so I am not charged with the non-return cost.

Kind regards,

Jul 13, 2016 7:41 am

they canceled my service a month ago and I had paid my bill and they told me they would credit my account for two months and here it is again they canceled my service and again the guy said that they have to send out another technician out to connect services again.
This is very stressful and a complete headache on AT&T part.. I want my service turned back on with out a technician and my account credit like I was told once before.
[protected]

Jul 13, 2016 7:41 am

They are a lie and cheaters with bad costumer service

Jun 03, 2016 8:23 am

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T Uverse at the end of November 2010 . I canceled the installation of AT&T internet 1 business day after setting it up. Within 2 days of cancellation, I received the hardware for installation- which cost over $100.00 and which I was told I would receive a $75.00 credit for.
I mailed the hardware back to AT&T via their enclosed return labels. Although I have had extensive experience shipping through various carriers these labels were EXTREMELY uninformative as to the carrier and I saw no tracking data. I dropped the package off at my local post office to an agent and they also could not tell it was not for them. I received a bill for 105.10 in January and called Uverse billing support and was told they had not received the return and I would be held responsible for it if they did not receive it. I was also told that they deal exclusively with UPS for shipping- this was NOT CLEAR on the label. I have seen other reviews saying that even with the tracking info, people are still being held responsible for the amount of the hardware returned to AT&T. These practices seem like a very good way for AT&T to make a bit of extra revenue off their customers who cancel, AT&T should be aware that they are alienating their customers as well.
BEWARE of subscribing to this service which requires you to purchase hardware outright. It seems to me that AT&T is getting tricky with returns as well. Based on the shipping labels I received, I don't really think they wanted the equipment returned to them. It seems they would rather have their customer on the hook for the amount of the "returned" hardware than actually getting it back.

Jul 10, 2011 3:59 am

I have had U-Verse installed for a little over 6 months. Within this time, I have contacted technical support for my TV and Internet at least one per month. My wireless connectivity is intermittent. The technicians run line tests, reset channels, have me reset everything in my house...they have sent me additional parts to plug into my computer, my laptop, etc...they have even tried to have me pay for a new router.
I am waiting for a Level 2 Service professional at this very moment. I should have never switched. Don't ever do it.

J
Nov 21, 2009 7:22 pm

I've had problems with ATT several years ago, when I inadvertently paid a bill twice and could never get a refund for it.
Now the infamous OAN charges for unsolicited "services" on the land line bill? OAN are impossible to get in touch with and ATT is uncooperative.
I've been paying these charges unwittingly for months, having set up a direct payment with my credit card, but enough is enough! These greedy thugs have stolen millions from the good people of America, during the second worse recession of the century, mind you. Would this be a good grounds for a class action?

Jean-Paul Monsche

Z
Jul 20, 2010 7:30 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I want everyone to know that AT&T signed me up for internet without my permission and refused to cancel the service, I had to call them six times each time telling them to cancel the internet service I never ordered in the first place, they took the liberty of disconnecting my netzero internet service and billed 70 dollars for a modem I don't need, when I asked for a shipping address I could return the modem they told me there was none.
I cancelled my phone service because they are stealing from customers millions of dollars while the government only fines them a few dollars to encourage the ongoing theft from people. the new scam now is to bill unsuspecting customers and paying the government kickbacks to allow the criminal activity, is this what they call fascism when corporations have a green light to steal.

Z
Mar 29, 2010 12:11 pm

After having been a loyal AT&T customer for the past 10 years, I decided to stay with them during my move to a new area. I signed a new contract which was to start 4 days before the next billing cycle and therefore was told that the first 4 days of my calling plan would be prorated. When I got home, I began having problems with reception and dropped calls. I tried different areas of the house for the next few days to see if there was any place that would get decent reception, but unfortunately there was not.

I returned my phone one week after I purchased it, paid the restocking fee, and went to Verizon Wireless to buy a new phone. I received my AT&T bill today in the mail and have been charged $140 for the 9 days of use. When I called customer service to inquire about the charges, I was told that although the first few days of my calling plan were prorated, I was being charged the entire monthly fee because I canceled my account during a billing cycle, even though I was well under the 30 day early termination policy and even though there would have been absolutely no way for me to actually use my phone during the month.

The phone representative would not budge. I said that I was happy to pay an extra pro-rated amount for the usage and charges I had incurred up to the cancellation, but that was unacceptable. I read the contract and while it does say that customers are required to pay the monthly fee, I do not think it is ethical to have them do so if a customer is unable to use their service in the first place. It seems to me that AT&T is just trying to make money at the expense of customers who are unlikely to protest for what is right. I am not going back to AT&T.

When I asked to speak to someone with more authority, I was told that they would tell me the same thing. Does anyone know if there is some other course of action I can take?

Sep 01, 2010 9:14 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been fighting with this company since 4/15/10. When I lived in France I got online and ordered worldwide service for $5.00, the lady that helped me online said she added the $5.00 worldwide service because we wanted it on there having my daughter going to school there and friends that still are there. They never added it and then proceeded to bill me regular rates that amounted to $628.00. I have battled on this account since then every month. They finally added the worldwide on 7/1/10 and promised to adjust the $628.00. Since then I have called and got names and numbers regarding this investigation they call it. Nothing still is done and today I got a letter in the mail saying they were going to cut off my long distance. I called them back and the smart mouthed supervisor Mr Sterling ID# KS3597 said it was settled and I got a call. No one called me and they will not take off the $628.00. There investigation was really never done, and they can't figure it out because I did it all online. What the hell is going on with this company. I told Mr Sterling the supervisor, "I am looking at the complaints online and that maybe it is that way because the customer service is so bad that they have over 70, 000 complaints and counting" he said to me "Probably" . In a smart ### tone. I am now calling the FCC. Done with all of this moving to a new company.

I have been with AT&T Wireless for over 2 years now and every single month when it comes time to pay my bill, I want to tear my hair out, smash my phone in the AT&T Corporate Offices lobby & choke every AT&T employee (specifically that ignorant [censored] on their recorded phone menu). They have double charge me a few times, they have informed me that I have to call every month to renew my service as their system can't process a simple renewal, it takes me approximately 25 minutes to navigate the menu options, they overcharge substantially more than most other companies, you get redirected in circles on their website & have to re-enter your phone # and password multiple times (like 6), Customer Service Links are non-existent on the website, a live person is impossible to obtain via phone, I get no service on every other block... I HATE AT&T...When a company makes their employees IMPOSSIBLE to contact, then they're hiding from something, they are COWARDS, YES I HATE YOU ALL & HOPE NONE OF YOU COWARDS SLEEP AT NIGHT.

F
Jun 30, 2010 2:44 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In December 2008, ATT promised bundled service for $98. The bundle included internet, phone with long distance, and a two year contract with DISH Network. EVERY month I have to call to get the bill corrected because of over charges ranging from $30 to $300. Now, they won't take off the over charges, but they won't release me from the two year contract with DISH. If you are a victim of this scam, call FTC at [protected], FCC at [protected], State Consumer Protection Agency (Attorney General) at [protected] or [protected], AND the AJC at [protected].

Mar 02, 2011 2:56 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been a customer of A T&T since 2005. I had three lines on my bill. I am(was) the authorized holder with all financial responsiblity. My family member, who was a phone holder on my account, went to get his own account with AT&T, my balance (the authorized holder with all financial responsibilty), was late paying my bill(which was not late enough for disconnection) AT&T required him to pay my late bill before getting a line in his own name with his own social security number and who also has a credit score of 780...this was not in any contract that I have signed with AT&T. I called earlier that day to release the number he was using on my account because the contract was up on that particular number. Therefore, for the shotty service I received from At&t, I called to disconnect my service on February 14, 2011 my phone did not get shut off until February 23, 2011, in which I'm getting charged for the service that was not rendered. One top of all of this...I am getting charged a early disconnect fee for not being happy with their service and for their ignorant policies.

B

My cell phone bill was 99.00 month but it's all ways around $125 to $145 a month. It's been up and down for like this for about 2 years now. Every talk to them they ways say I made some kinda on line service but I don't get on line with my cell phone. So I switch to there $68.00 a month service I never paid $68.00 a month I'm paying now
$98.00 to $120.00 a month now. Me and AT&T been going back and forward on this I said please seen me a bill showing me a complete brake down of what I'm paying. They sent me out new bills the pass few months and they do not show me a complete brake down of what I'm paying. This is not right- is there any better cell service out there so I change over.

M
Sep 22, 2012 5:37 pm

After 20 years as a loyal customer and impeccable payment history (spending $300/month) with AT&T cellular, we were told they had to do a credit check on us to add another line and charge us $36/line renewed with new iPhone. This doesn't endear me to be loyal anymore even if cost-wise they're on par with Verizon. On top of that, we got conned into trying for a 2nd time their stupid uVerse. First time, 19 months ago, they took 38.4 hours to install and we were more up than down. After we moved, our new neighbors say how great they thought AT&T was over competing TimeWarner. Hah! Their idiot installed goes and drills a hole in our basement window and house, cuts the power cord on our HDTV in our master bedroom, and then to top it off, he tells us (after 2-days going on 3 - still no phone, tv or web) that they have to trench our property to lay the wiring in. Talk about a complete lack of due dligence -- they had 3 weeks to check for the trenching with WE Energies before estroying our house and property! How do we fight back?!

V
Dec 14, 2010 11:34 pm

One day after the 30 day warranty on the LG Neon II stopped workingI purchased at &170, AT&T refused to let me exchange the phone at the local AT&T seller. Also expected me to go without any phone (no land line) until they could send me a REFURBISHED LG Neon II, while charging me a fee for a phone with no battery. I spent 2 hours and 13 minutes on SKYPE being switched from department to department. ATT does not care AT ALL about their customers. They will lose me as a customer and I will lose about $170 for the phone and $140 for early termination of my contract. All this lost money and frustration for me just because the new phone failed ONE day after the 30 day initial warranty. Under the 1 year warranty I would get a refurbished (used) replacement phone.
Every department representative toed the AT&T line and refused to work with me. AT&T is the WORST. Don't sign up with them...they don't stand behind their products or their services.

May 08, 2011 11:54 am

I was having an agrement with at&t for home phone and internet service antill December 2010.Then I call at&t to disconnect the home phone and keep only the internet service with the new promotion which means $14.95 .according to my request they gave me the new account number for internet service and disconnect the telephone service.But on the next monthly bill they keep sending to me the bill for disconnected telephone and the previous internet service plan.And they disconnect the internet service without sending any notice, then I call them again to solve the problem March 9, 2011.and I talk to the customer service agent name called LINDY, her agent number (9514), She ask me to pay $52.47 .and I pay the full amount She asked me and she gave me the confirmation #[protected].for payment I made.and she make adjestment for $75.00 with confirmation # [protected] .After that she gave me another new account number for the promotion plan which means $14.95 .although they gave me new account number, still they are sending the bill amount countrary to our agreement which means $35.00 for one month by the account numer [protected] which it's billing date April 13, 2011 and it's due date May 13, 2011 .and I pay $35.00 april 26, 2011 by the confirmation #[protected] .also they send by account #[protected] it's billing date April 14, 2011.and the due date may 13, 2011 with amuont of $43.40 .And another account number [protected] it's billing date March 08, 2011. and the due date March 30, 2011 .with the amount of $143.12 . So I am confused that which is my correct bill and account number? whil i was asking
at&t company to solve this problem I got another bill from BAY AREA CREDIT SERVICE LLC.with amount of $143.12 .So I ask to whom it may concern to solve this problem which is affecting my credit.I appricate for your concideration.Thankyou,

U
Jan 20, 2012 7:26 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went to an AT&T store to purchase my son an I-phone for xmas. While I was there I was talked into getting U-verse. HUGE mistake! Installation date was 12-12-11 first tech showed up saw the job and decided it was too much for him and left. 2 days later another tech showed up, did the install and after 3 hours left.

Later that night we had a family night and all sat down to watch TV only to discover the TV is now broken. I looked behind the TV and there is broken plastic from the back of the TV laying on the TV stand and there is a box that was origionally INSIDE of the TV is now hanging out of the TV with broken wires and the u-verse cable is attached to the box hanging out of my TV. In addition the DVR's in the bedrooms didnt work. I called AT&T immediatly, and the nightmare began.

On [protected] days after the install, the new DVR finally arrived in the mail for ME to install in the bedrooms so we can at least watch TV in there. after 2 to 3 calls a week all averaging 1 to 2 hours and lots of complaints because I still had a broken TV in the living room AT&T decided to send out someone to look at my TV. He arrived 1-13-12, 31 days after the install. Turns out, he was only the manager for the tech that was at my house. He proceeded to take many pictures with his cell phone of my TV and then sat there turning it off and on 20 or 30 times. I asked him what he was doing and he said... "Im trying to get that white line it is making with my cell phone. I knew right then I was in for a long drawn out fight with AT&T. Just as I suspected, 2 days later I learn that the manager that was at my house decided it was not AT&T's fault and my claim was denied. ARE U KIDDING ME?

I have a perfectly fine working TV never had 1 problem with it, and the very same day AT&T was here doing an install all of a sudden I now have a broken TV with broken plastic and stuff hanging out of the back of the TV and they want to convince me they didnt do it? then they send me a bill in the mail for 240.00 saying I have to pay for a month in advance for service Im not getting. HUH? Today is 1-20-12. It has been 38 days since AT&T was in my home, 38 days with no TV in the living room, 38 days of calls and complaints that are getting me no where, 38 days of grief, 38 days of being forced to watch TV in our bedrooms, 38 days of no more family nights watching movies together. I even went directly to the corporate head quarters. they gave me a case number and said someone would call me with in 48 hours. That was 7 days ago. No one has yet to contact me from there either. I made 3 phone calls in the last 7 days to corporate offices and still nothing. I just keep getting the same message, from the same lady... HE GOT YOUR MESSAGE HE WILL CALL YOU. When? next month? next year? I havent had service since you were in my home yet you are expecting me to pay for this service? really? Im getting myself a lawyer, Im going to go to the TV news stations, and Im going to get results one way or another. I want my TV in the living room fixed. PUT IT BACK TO WHERE IT WAS BEFORE YOU WALKED IN MY FRONT DOOR. Anyone know a good lawyer send him my way please.

I have called Tech Support since August, 2011. The first time no success. They keep you on the phone so long, you hate to call them. For this reason, I would cut the computer off and unplug the modem over night, just to use it a short while before going out again. Many times I had to go to the office only to read emails for work or to send emails for work. It was August that it got worst. No matter how many times you call they tell you the same thing and as soon as you try using the internet when yuou think it is working, it is back the same. They have also sent at two different times, an AT&T employee to my house and no success. On today, I called asking that adjustments be made to my account. If you have had any dealings with them before, you probably know that they only wanted to give me one month credit to my account and asking me about another type internet service. Why, when you can not fix what I have. I am surprised at the service that I have received from AT&T the last six months and very much considering changing my service.

Mar 10, 2010 4:22 pm

I waited a LONG time to get my iphone. I could not afford the big price tag, so I waited until I saved enough to afford the phone of my dreams. I started calling ATT a few weeks before my contract renewal date and asking questions about the phone, service, contract... I have had cell phones for many years, and understand if you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. To start, I was told I could not purchase an ATT phone online, that I had to drive to the closest ATT store, which was almost 100 miles away. When I got to the store, I was told they did not sell the refurbished phone I could afford. After talking for a long time with the salesman, I was convinced to purchase a model that was the previous generation to see how I liked it, how much I used it, and how much I downloaded before I spent the money to get the newer, faster version with more memory. I wanted this phone very badly, so I bought it. When I asked about insurance (who in their mind buys a $300 phone and not get insurance on it?) I was told the Apple insurance (assurance) would relace the phone for ANY reason other than lost. So, within 2 months when my phone was damaged, I was not happy when I called Apple and was told the assurance only covered problems with the phone that were not due to damage, water...etc. So, in my case, the assurance was worthless. I had to take care of the problem with the phone on my own. Apple was not interested in standing behind a product that was sold by ATT using false information. ATT was not interested in making the sale good. So, beware before you buy a phone from an ATT store and check out everything they tell you.

Jun 02, 2010 11:34 am

I have had to intervene and get my sister into emergency to get immediate medical attention upon the recommendation of her doctor. Consequently, she had to go on leave based on the findings of the specialists. When she filed for disability so that expenses could be recovered and some form of compensation could be had during her recuperation period, AT&T denied the request despite all the medical documentation (with clear guidance from all the doctors concerned) proving that at the identified time she was unfit for work.

G
Dec 29, 2010 7:59 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Over the last 2 years, I have had multiple outages on my land line (which is used for work since I work from home). I have changed my number, but I still live in the same home with the same wiring as before.

When I called the repair center and opened a ticket, I was informed that it would be Tuesday, Jan 4 before they could repair it. That is almost an entire week. I find this to be totally unacceptable. If this was a one time occurrence, then I could understand/live with it, but this has happened several times over the last 2 years. If this can't be resolved more quickly, then I feel I will need to move over to Comcast or other service type.

Aug 14, 2010 1:04 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

before i signed up with at&t the service i was using, i had no problem with my computer running slow . i signed up for a fast service but im not getting it . sometimes i have to wait 45 sec. or more for what im looking for to show up, please tell me what is wrong with my service so we can get it fixed.

mr. ferguson

H
Apr 15, 2011 6:32 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I found no way to contact AT&T on their website with complaints about their technicians. AT&T has picked up a lot of business in my residential neighborhood and consequently has trucks with technicians that sit for hours in front of our homes (not those requesting their services) running their engines while they work on their computers. I asked a technician why he had to sit running his truck in front of my house for hours and he states he is "working" on his computer for a new customer and if he doesn't run his engine his computer battery will not remain charged. I resent this air and sound pollution of my neighborhood, in front of my house because AT&T wants to save battery power. The basic lap top I have works for at least 4 hours without ancillary power. You would think that a Technologically advanced company such as AT&T could come up with a better solution than aggravating potential customers with this impolite and environmentally unsound practice.

G
Jul 02, 2011 6:28 pm

This spring I received a replacement phone from AT&T, as my phone was about 11 months old. The speaker just quite working, and I was unable to make or receive calls. After having this replacement phone for a few months the speaker went out on this model also. I took it into a AT&t store nearby my house. They gave me a referral form to see the device center. On this form (which I still have) this store stated that there was no liquid damage or physical damage. However when I went to the support center which is a one hour drive from my home. The technician said he saw a small red spot on the upper right part of the phone, saying I could not have a replacement. I not only wasted what by that time was six hours of my day, the technician was one of the most demeaning and rude service employees that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with in the service business. After many more hours on the phone AT&T agreed to send me a replacement phone for a charge. This phone was poorly designed and not even near the product of my Aria. I ended up sending it back. However after moving the sim card, my internet would not work. Thus, another two hours on the phone, and finally a trip to another AT&T store this time in Bonney Lake, WA. The service person was very helpful, she got the internet working. When I told her about the speaker issue she looked at the phone and said, " I can't believe that the company I work for is ripping you off! That phone shows no sign of water damage." She looked through out the phone inside and the battery. She was the second AT&T employee that thought I was being taken advantage of by a corrupt support center.

As for support papers I still have the referral form stating that there was no damage. The phone is in great condition, no marks or cracks. It has never been exposed to water. I feel that I should have received a replacement phone of the same style, not have to pay for another. Or worse, extend my contact for two years by getting an upgrade. I have not felt so violated by a company in a long time.

Mar 06, 2010 12:10 am

I got my phone new from an att store for christmas, shortly after I got the phone the screen would freeze and a few other things. I think it is only fair that att let there customers bring there phone back and have a choice of three phones.
Alot of people are talking about the neon and its the same problem with everyone. I have two kids I need a dependable phone and the neon isnt, they just need to make it right before everyone goes to a phone company they can trust, that if happens things will be taking care of.

W
Sep 30, 2011 3:01 am

I purchased a wireless internet modum and the AT&T tower was a 2G tower. They didn't tell me I couldn't get 3G so on the third day I took the unit back to the AT&T store. Their warenty states if its returned in 3 days there is no activation charge. I paid for it with a check and they say it takes 10 days for their checks to be cleared and I will have to pay the activation fee since it will be past the 3 days before the check clears and they can take the item back. Since I tried to return the item within the 3 days I don't think I should have to pay the activation fee as nothing was said at the time of purchase about the 10 day clearing time on their checking process.

H
Feb 13, 2012 5:39 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company is a joke just look at your bill sometime...They add more fees then anybody I know...A big ripoff for nothing...I have called them many times to fix our line...All you hear on the phone is a bunch of noise...The last 4 times they said water got into the box on the poll...Well why dont they fix it right...DUH...And then there internet DSL router gave up in a year...They said we will send you a new one for 90 dollars...How about for free since your crap died on me to begin with in just over a year...I wish there was another major phone company around that did not rip people off...Like that is going to happen...

B
Aug 14, 2008 3:36 pm

WE SIGNED UP FOR A BUNDLE.PHONE/DIRECT TV/FAST INTERNET FOR $99 MONTH.NOW OUR MONTHLY PHONE BILL ALONE IS APROX $140.THEY ADD ON FOR IN HOME WIRE SERVICE, WE DONT NEED OR DID WE ORDER SUCH.I INSTALLED THEM MYSELF.SOMETHING CALLED TRIPLE CHOICE FOR $15.01.WORLD WIDE OCCASIONAL CALLING $1.00.CARRIER COST RECOVERY FEE $1.49.FEDERAL UNIVERSAL FUND FEE $1.24.EMERGENCY 911 FEE $.44.FAST DSL $42.95.LONG DISTANCE $20.28. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.COMPLETE CHOICE $33.00.EQUIPMENT MAINTANCE PLAN $4.75.INSIDE WIRE PLAN $7.50.FED SUBSCRIBER LINE CHARGE $6.60FED UNIVERSAL FEE $.73.THIS IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF I CAN SEE.WE DO NOT NEED ALL THIS, WHEN WE TELL THEM TO TAKE IT OFF THAT WE DID NOT ORDER THIS THEY TELL US WE DID AND STILL AD MORE CHARGES THAT WE CAN NOT PAY, THIS FRAUDSIMPLY PUT.WHAT CAN WE DO.

Mar 09, 2011 8:30 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Recently I started receiving a lot of calls from Portfolio Collection Agency! When I finally got to the bottom of it; it turns out that AT&T sold my personal information to them for a debt that had long been overlooked and not paid. The info was wrong and they are still calling me even after I disputed the issues..This is 2011 and that debt was in 1997. Surely there should be a law against it and there should be a law against companies trying to come back after thirteen years to collect an old debt long after it has already been written off. It is not right for a company to sell information on a person just for profit! Now, this Portofolio Collection will not leave me alone and have even got my cell numer. The Do Not Call thing doesn't work. I have explained to them that I have been out of work for two years now and do not have the money to pay! My credit is already ruined so what the hell does it matter. Even Portofolio's management are ruid and uncaring. If I could pay the damn debit I would but come on. It was written off long ago and their chances of collecting are about as good as me finding another job! Thanks Corporate America, once again for slapping me in the face! It was a wake up call...I won't buy or use AT&T ever again. As a matter of fact, because of the way Corporate America does, I will start buying less and doing without more just to save myself the anguish!

W
Oct 28, 2011 2:56 am

I was with this cell carrier for 8 months for my business cell phone. I bought a new phone through them as well as other options. I opted for a 3G micro cell for optimum reception. I chose the unlimited minutes and text plan with insurance. I kept up with the payments the best i could but being self employed in this economy is tough at times but my bill was paid in full as of 9/18/11. I just received a bill stating i owed $275.32 for the month of September, 2 days later AT&T shut off the phone for lack of payment and they wanted another $36 to re-activate the phone. I called AT&T assistance and got no where, today i drove 40 miles to the store where i purchased the phone and plan in hopes of receiving help. At 1st the gentleman was helpful until he noticed my drivers license had expired "birthday" and would no longer assist me. I tried to explain to this fella that this is a business phone and needs to be turned back on or i would just terminate it. He then stated i could not terminate the phone until i had a valid ID. I asked if they would accept my State issued photo ID for my pistol permit, No was the answer. So i lost my temper, got a little vulgar, broke the phone in half from clenching it so hard and then stormed out of the facility. I drove back 40 miles, got my business certificate and another old verizon phone i had and drove again 40 miles back to verizon. I picked up the almost identical plan for $59 and i added my landline for my business through them with the new home phone connect plan for $20 a month. I had no issues at all transferring my number to verizon nor any problems with the drivers license. I went back to the AT&T store and waited to speak with the same gentleman who blew me off. I waited for an hour while he did his best to avoid me until another salesmen and he came to me. When he approached me he started with attitude right off stating he was not going to help me and my behavior prior was unacceptable. I agreed and apologized to him but i wanted him to know that his attitude and the companies business tactics cost them many thousands of dollars and that a $300 monthly cell phone bill was unacceptable. I also told him that i took my business to their competitor and opened a business account with them and i also even moved my business landline to them. I also made sure that he knew the total cost of the verizon package was $60 less than what i had been paying AT&T. He told me to leave and that i was unwelcome to return. I responded that apparently the small business working man apparently cannot afford to do business their and why would i want to return to their thievery. My last comment was good luck to you, you need it.

Apr 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Afni, Inc. Account #[protected]-02-- In an effort to resolve the due a account #[protected], please write a status balanes due, a day 4/05/2011 Iaccept to pay a half a due, $387. 76, is not my due, but you have my name, and my credit is affect for that due, please uses my e-mail is fast to pay this due, my e-mail is: [email protected]
Att. Maria de los A. Suazo

Dec 13, 2010 2:49 pm

For 3 months I have been in dispute with ATT about a bill they keep sending me. Each month I call and tell them the amount is wrong. Each time I call they say I am correct the amount is lower than the billed amount. I ask them for a corrected bill and they say a new bill will be sent out when it is generated on the 26th. Each month I have gotten the wrong amount. This month I got no bill but a phone call at 7:15 in the morning. But yet I am not able to call billing before 8:00 am. they need to get their billing part of their service corrected.

Mar 31, 2011 6:02 pm

I bought a phone for my son after the holidays. I was told by the AT&T store rep that to add a line was $9.99 - as is their big tag line on all types of advertisement.

Imagine my surprise when they changed MY individual plan to a family plan, increased the cost of my plan by $20 a month, and then threw on the $9.99 charge, so that my "add a line for 9.99" became ADD A LINE FOR $29.99!

What a crock of junk. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I called and took the issue through supervisors and up to their 'Escalations' division, where they were able to issue a credit of $10 per month for 6 months, or basically a credit of $60 for the OVER-charging me $480 over the course of 24 months of contract.

Some consultation. I'm reporting them to the MN Consumer Affairs Division and I'm sending a formal written complaint to AT&T.

I was informed that even though I didn't SIGN any contract changing MY service, I would still be on the hook for this, and if I were to cancel it all, then I'm subject to a penalty.

GREAT WAY TO TREAT A 15 YEAR CUSTOMER.

ROT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE.

C
Dec 30, 2010 1:41 am

Three days before Christmas I traveled to Chicago to do a little Christmas shopping and made the mistake of thinking that my AT&T cell phone would prove trustworthy. That was utterly silly of me: at one point the phone stopped working even when it was plugged into the wall.

When I spoke to their warranty department in India, I asked if I could simply trade the non-working phone in for a working phone at an AT&T store in Chicago. No, said my friend in the Third World, we will send a phone to you at your home address in seven working days! So I was left out of town without cell phone service thanks to AT&T's crappy product.

So today my warranty replacement comes, and needless to say this phone doesn't work either! I asked to be let out of my contract, and they say 'no, ' becuase they're doing all they can to keep me happy, ie sending me phones that don't work. Another phone is being sent overnight, and needless to say I'm looking for a new cell phone provider: AT&T can take their cancellation fee and stick it where the sun doesn't shine

C
Jul 30, 2010 3:34 pm

I called to get Uverse and AT&T telephone service. The day of the installation (2 weeks later was the soonest they could do) the technician never calls, and "claims" to have knocked at my door within the 2 hour window. I had been there the whole time watching for him as I work from home and my office is near the front door! Plus I have 2 dogs that freak out when someone comes up to the door, so there is no way he was here.

I call customer service and they call dispatch and talk to the tech who says he was at the right place and there were no dogs. But he cant even describe the house at all. Then they tell me they are too busy and the soonest they can reschedule is another 2 weeks!

They offered me $15 for my trouble. I told them that I was switching because of the poor service of Time Warner cable, but apparently TWC SERVICE IS GREAT COMPARED TO AT&T! Avoid this company and service like the plague!

E
Jun 08, 2010 6:49 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

today my nephew's text messages were all deleted without him knowing -these text messages were vital to his court hearing for child custody. He tells me that his wife has a friend in At&t that can access his number without knowing - and likely so all his important messages where deleted. It occurred between 6:30 and 7pm today.

How can this be stopped - how can we stop employees from violating their clients services . If AT& T cannot catch these employee -how can we trust their services of privacy to their clients.

This is a crime in itself and needs to be looked into -if you have a friend in AT &T that can do this -that can cause a father to lose a child or a child to be place with the wrongful parents.

How can this person be found and be fired for violation of clients rights and privacy.

I believe news channels will listen to me -of a employee's violation of privacy to his clients in AT&T

Disgusted and very angry

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1931 complaints