AT&Thigh billing for my wireless phones

B Sep 07, 2018 Review updated:

I contacted an AT&T service representative, via a phone call, and signed up AT&T services which included two wireless cell phones and Direct TV. Billing for these services started on June 1, of 2018. For the plan that I selected, the two wireless phones were to be a total of $84, 52 and the Direct TV $40, for each month of service. I asked for the billing for these services to be bundled together and auto-paid out of my checking account. The Direct TV billing was not bundled as I had asked it to be and I had to pay the Direct TV using my credit card until AT&T could combine both of these accounts together. I did not receive a contract regarding these services even though I asked for a contract, which included information for the services that I receive. I had asked for this contract and explanation of services when talking to the AT&T representative when I signed up for service.
Out of my checking account, my phone service was paid on the first of each month, June, July, and August. The Direct TV service were paid via credit card, over the phone, because there was no billings from Direct for the first two months of service.
On August 12, AT&T generated an off cycle billing for $262.17, of which $92, 17 was for Direct TV and $165 was for wireless phone service with an additional charge of $5 for Account Charges. The $262.17 was taken out of my checking account on August 20, 2018.
Since my wireless account was paid through August and Direct TV should also have been paid through August, I have contacted AT&T regarding my complaint regarding this off cycle billing of $262.17, which I contest.

During the past two weeks, I have spent over five hours talking to or waiting to talk to account representatives from AT&T wireless and Direct TV without resolution for the $165 in additional wireless charges. I was able to resolve the billing with Direct TV. I am asking for your help and guidance regarding this issue.
Robert Wilmot
977 Old Sundance Rd
Moorcroft, WY 82721
cell-[protected]

• Si
    sickheadache Sep 11, 2018

I just filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau. AT&T/DirectTV keeps sending me monthly bills and I quit them back in June! They are scam artists, for sure! I have called them countless times to no avail. The last bill they told me to send back all the equipment which I did the first of July!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices