Atlanta Cattle ExchangeDoor-to-door meat sellers rip off!

On Dec. 6, a pair of men drove up to my house and offered to sell me frozen, vacuum-packed meat at a "real bargain", 40% off retail! I went out to look at their wares, and they had cases of meat, chicken, pork and seafood. The product looked very nice, vacuum packed.

They said they had a satisfaction guarantee, and would make me a great deal on the meat, since it was the end of the day and they wanted to get home. I ended up buying one case of steak and one case of mixed chicken/pork. The total cost was over $450.

One of the men carried the food up to our front deck while I paid the other. After they left, my wife and I started putting the meat away in our freezer. We were surprised at how little the meat weighed, given how much we paid. After checking the net weights on all the packages, we were surprised to see that we had purchased a total of only 38.5 pounds of meat, with about 16 pounds of that being beef and the rest a mix of chicken and pork. The per-pound cost came out to a little less than $11.85 per pound, which is expensive meat anywhere in America, certainly not 40% off retail!

I contacted the company the next day to complain, and was foisted off to a "manager" who took my complaint. He said that the records showed that I had received two cases of steak and one of pork/chicken. I told him that this was not true, and we argued for a while. He said he would contact his boss and would call me the next day.

No call came in the next day. I called and left a message. On Monday, I called two of their offices and was told I would be contacted the next morning. No call came in. I called again the next day, late in the afternoon, and was told that they were going to "give" me another box of beef.

By this time all I wanted was to get a refund for the meat and return it. This was not an option, according to the person who spoke with me. I told them I didn't want another case of meat, and didn't even have a place to put it, that my freezer was full. She told me to give it away as a Christmas present.

I was also told that "on the back of the brochure" it was clearly stated that I had only three days to complain, and that it had to be in writing (certified letter, I believe she said.) I tried to tell her that I had never seen a brochure (because I had not), but she talked right over the top of me and said she wasn't going to argue with me, that I wasn't going to get my money back. As far as that goes, it would have been nice if someone had told me about the requirement for a letter the first time I called.

With a "guarantee of satisfaction" and an unhappy customer with a lot of unopened meat, I'd think they would want to keep themselves from getting a bad reputation by settling things. But I've since then seen other mentions of the company on the Internet with complaints about bad customer service, so I guess I should have checked first.

• Ec
    Ecco Dec 26, 2007

I'm sorry, but someone comes around selling crap door-to-door out of the back of their truck and you don't *immediately* know it's a scam, the merchandise is probably stolen, and tell them to get off your property?

Jennifer Jan 24, 2008

They came to our door yesterday and my mother bought some meat herself. We were also mislead on what we would be getting. I called the company to complain and they were all very rude. They say they have been in business for 26 years but i think its a load of garbage. We are trying to return the meat and get a refund. I have already reported them to the Better Business Bureau. They did use the same line on my mom that it was the end of the day and they just wanted to get home. They are an awful company to do business with. Should have researched them better.

joni shoup Jan 24, 2008

I was scammed by these guys in the same way. i ended up eating my purchase too, and i know others who it happened to. the cost per pound thing and the "end of day/have to sell whats on the truck at less than retail" pitch is all crap, DONT FALL FOR IT. i am going to report them to the BBB for our market and to clark howard in atlanta.

Everyone in this market should do the same.

• Su
    Susan Goetz Jan 29, 2008

Same story as the others. Two men came into the nail salon where I was getting my nails done. It was a classic bait and switch sales job. I was shown thick, good looking steaks -- steaks, I was told, that would sell for $7-$8 per pound.

I said I didn't want to buy the original package he was pushing for $140, so he said, "If you'll buy the steaks (pointing in the brochure to the $74.40 bacon-wrapped filets), I'll throw in the chicken and fish." I agreed. The total was $79.98.

When I got home and started taking the meat out of the boxes I was embarrassed for my husband to see what I had gotten for my money. It was NOT what I had been shown. What I got were much smaller, fatty Peppercorn Strip steaks - I don't think the total weight of the 10 steaks was three pounds. I got 9 boneless chicken breasts and a bag of Red Snapper fillets that had so much freezer burn I wouldn't even want to eat them (and the brochure states, "We guarantee our product 100% for tenderness, flavor, and to be free from freezer burn for 12 months." I stopped payment on the check first thing next morningt.

Mark May 28, 2008

I was researching this company to actually buy some meat as I'm tired of overpriced and inferior grocery store meat. I'm glad I stumbled on this link! If those scam artists to this door to door, it makes you wonder what they'd do IN their store! There are other meat markets in the Cumming area. Thanks for the comments folks!

• St
    Stephen Black Jul 18, 2008

the cattle exchange approached my wife while I was at work and preasured her in to a purchase of $250.00. The sales person wouldn't leave till the sale was made so she bought the meat using my charge card. As soon as I found out that she had done this I contacted Claude Walker their "executive vice president" and he was worthless. when I tried to go above him his "boss" was even more worthless. I had horrible problems and would not suggest this company to my worst enemy.

• Sy
    Sylvia Jul 24, 2008

I was fortunate to not buy anything when the salesman came to my door. I found it strange that they didn't go to my neighbors, but that was none of my concern at the moment. A decent-looking man tried to give me his sales pitch and tried to get me to look at the steaks. I told him that if they have a website, I will go to it and asked for him. He gave me the web address and left.

I wanted to tell him about how inefficient it was for him and his collegue to try to go door-to-door, but that was before I knew who they were. I Googled the company's name and found this complaint on the internet. I'm glad I ran them off and will tell others on how this is a scam.

• Pa
    Patricia Barwick Aug 19, 2008

Uh Oh! My 79 and 82 year old parents just paid $220 to these people! The main guy had a story about making a delivery to someone who wasn't there, etc. and he needed to sell the still frozen meat. Guess I'll find out more shortly! Thanks for all the information you all have shared!

• Ra
    Rachel Walker Aug 27, 2008

They are horrible. The same "Claude Walker" VP of the company, like others have mentioned told me that these "scam artists" that come to your door are subcontractors, and The Cattle Exchange has no responsiblity for them. That makes me mad because I did not put my trust in some random guy who pulled into my driveway, I put my trust in the company that is "reputable" and offers 100% guarantee, according to the website!! I have a no soliciting sign up at my house, and have told the company that if they are not at all responsible for these people who claim to work for them, the next time one of them pull into my driveway, I will call the police. I have not seen any of them since. And they did the same sales pitch about a neighbor ordering it and cancelling it and needing it gone because it is Friday, blah blah blah! I am actually going to see about taking it to civil court, not so much about the money (I was out over $500 and only got $100 worth) but out of principle. There are so many complaints, and when a sales person comes to your door, you don't have time to do research with them there. I have not heard of a single complaint that was resolved by them. They need to be put out of business. If anyone else in interested, let me know. We will have a lot more chance of winning with more than one. My email is [email protected]

• Pa
    Paul J. Oct 16, 2008

I also was ripped off by these thugs. I am fully disabled, and on narcodics for chronic pain. I was lied to about the water added to the meats. and the meat quality was extremly disappointing, for 20.00 a pound. These clowns should be charged with burgerly and arrested. The next time they come to our house, they get to meet Mr. shotgun...

• Ka
    Kathy Blickle Nov 27, 2008

We got taken, also. I wish I'd seen this complaint before I bought the meat. He tried to talk me into "package deals" but after I called my husband to come to the store that I work at, he settled for selling one. It was a lot more money than I would have spent at the store and I should have known it was a rip-off when he couldn't produce the name of a neighbor who had purchased. Then he tried to get me to pay in cash. When I told him it was a check or nothing he then tried to have me sign the check and put in the amount but leave the payable line blank. I told him no way and asked for his name. I even made him produce a driver's license so I could write down his information and his telephone number. He wasted no time in cashing my check at my bank on his way out of town.

I called him a few days ago to tell him that I was not impressed with the meat and wanted a refund on the unused portions. I was told, also, that I only had three days to change my mind and that the 12 month no freezer burn guarantee was only good if we hadn't eaten any of it. When I said to him, "in other words you ripped us off" he basically told me that it was the way they were told to do business and hung up on me. Any attempt to contact him since then has been met with voice mail which will not let me leave a message.

I have reported this company to the Arkansas Attorney General and my boss has since put up a no soliciting sign up at door of the business. Again, I should have known better but I guess I'm still naive enough to believe that there are still good reputable people out there. I hope other people find this complaint website and read about this company before they buy. Wish I had!

james holmes Dec 11, 2008

I have been on both side of this VERY shady company!!!

About 5 yrs or so ago I was convinced to buy some of there products from one of their door-to-door sales person. I paid approx. $300 dollars for their products. The meat tasted good but I felt I wasted a good bit of hard-working money for the meat. I never saw them again and went back to my standards not to buy from door-to-door salesmen.

I recently moved from Savannah, GA to Atlanta, GA. I work with the colleges and Art Groups around Atlanta, since they are on breaks for about a month because of the holidays I needed a "hold off for a month job". I spotted an ad on Craigslist.com asking for drivers that could make up to 380-1000 dollars a week. I applied. It was the Cattle Exchange. I went to their pathetic training to find out that the products I bought 5yrs ago for $300 was really worth at cost for $120 the salesmen got to pocket the remainer of what they make which in that case would be $180. In the training I learnt absolutely nothing except how to "con" or in their words "hustle" folks into taking the product. The trainer constantly degraded women and told of story of how he sold the meat and got the hell out of town. He spoke of how at the company you could smoke as much drugs, do as much drugs, drink as much as you like at work or on your own time. I listen and just wanted to get through it and go on the road and try and sell their product the honest way and get the hell out of there in a month. After a week of putting up with their very terrible company I honestly decided that this is not for me and should not be for anyone.
    It is also pathetic that they mentioned time and time again of how they have the Clayton County Police Dept wrapped around their fingers. They were very proud of that. They Clayton County Police Department Chief of Police hangs out at their so called HQ very often and they have the Police Dept working for them in the evenings.
    They also encourages their so call drivers to claim they made no money on their sale to avoid filing taxes. (and we wonder why our economy is doing poorly) It is because of companies like this.
    The owner Harry Pearden has a "Boss Hog" company. He pays the cops and I guess Clayton County to let him deal as he likes in the county and his "workers" work like "get want I can, can what I get, and screw everyone else" theory.
    I lefted today 11DEC, cuz my standards have not reached that low yet to deal with those people or company. I am going to write as much as can to others newspapers, politicians, and anywhere else possible to let them know that this company is an embarrassment to the US.
    I must say that the salemen there are really just trying to make a honest day work, but the company is very, very pathetic.
    Anyone need me for more insight on my experience both as a purchaser or worker of this company they please contact me at [email protected] Beware that I am very bias at this point and see nothing good of this company.

James Holmes

• Bl
    Bleachbeard Jan 04, 2009

I myself, am like James Holmes above. In early November I was job hunting on Craigslist and saw the listing for "delivery driver/sales 500+ a week". So I went to apply, and after filling out an application I was told to show up for an orientation. When I asked what was this place, I was told "We sell meat man, this place is just a front. Check it out tomorrow". I came for the orientation, was pretty much annoyed that I had gotten myself into a soliciting job and also was annoyed that they lied about the salary.

Well, I got along with the others but just like James said, it was disgusting. One thing that it seems James didn't say was their use of religion as a means to empower the employees. As in they literally use religion in a brainwashing way to keep the workers going. I stuck around for two days to see what the deal was. It was a big con job and truthfully something I'm embarrassed to have been around.

If one of these guys approaches you, run don't walk away. You will get ripped off. You will not ever get any satisfaction from the product. You will be dealing with organized crime.

If you ever see their job listings, don't waste your time. You wont make any money. They literally repeat the hiring process every few days.

• Mi
    miky Feb 19, 2009

They also harbor fugitives and help them get out of the stste

• Li
    lil happy one Feb 19, 2009

I love the meat just bought it again and I wanted to leave a positive comment!
    The meat is great and I have always had a great experience with it!

• Ou
    outsider Mar 03, 2009

i used to work for lagrange cattle exchange trust me meat is good but its tha biggest rip off ever company only pays 50 bucks a case we have to turn in 108 u do the math but i quit today b4 i seen this site and boy im glade i did

Joe Gray Mar 13, 2009

do you know what it sounds like to me, all you complaining are just straight up dumbasses, and in reality you scammed yourself. No one told you to buy the meat.

• Er
    Eric Moore Mar 24, 2009

Hey guys, Today is March 24th 2009 and I went to the company for a job this morning and the place is like a closet, also the walls had cracks and dirty paint every where. the lady behind the desk tried to get me to hand her my drivers license and to full out some paper work. I looked at her and said you must be crazy and stormed out of there. I found the job on craigslist, be very careful with that site.

happy i bought Jun 17, 2009

i bought from this company several weeks ago, the meat was great and i must say my salesman was honest polite and helpful. i will buy from them in the future.

happy i bought Jun 17, 2009

i often come to this board since i buy from the cattle exchange a lot, i have never posted but i feel it is time i do so, i have been buying from this company for about 2 years now, durning this time i have had a problem with the product only once which was corrected right away, i must say i have never had a problem with my salesman Harold, he know i buy about every 2 months so he always call to make sure i'm ready for delivery. i don't know why there are so many negative comments, people like myself who is happy never bother to post therefore, it seems the company is bad because if you're not happy those are the ones that come to the board, i will only suggest that you try the product and company for youself, i think you will be suprised. it's not what it made out to be on this complaint board.

• Jt
    jtm212002 Jun 22, 2009

I am so glad that I read these comments. I was looking at Craig's List today and saw the same job listing and jotted the number down for my husband. He called but it was just an answering machine. After reading these postings he will definitely not be looking into employment with them after all.

• Co
    Concerned applicant Jun 23, 2009

I responded to the ad on craigslist today, it seemed as if they hired everybody who came through the door. After a short interview (2 minutes outside) I was told to return tomorrow. After reading this post I don't think I will return.

• Ry
    Ryan C... springdale ar Jul 04, 2009

my name is Ryan c. i have worked for the Atlanta cattle exchange for about a year sand 3 months now. if you do a background check on myself you will see that i am pretty much a stand up gentleman. no priors no drugs no tefts no anything. during my stay here the cattle exchange i have seen or heard my fair share of ups and downs. but i will tell you the money is there i netted 90, 000 plus last year with 19, 000 this 3 months. no this is not a scam i have never scammed anyone ever. in fact i have a clientèle base of 75 plus customers ranging from gas station clerks to the chief of police of Carterville Mo. never have to knock a door again all of them have baught 5 plus time with satisfaction every single time. i will every give you there numbers if that will make you stop this ###ed forum. i work at the Springdale arkansas store, and i will tell you i love this job its tooooo easy and a team natured/ oriented work-place soo dont hit on us you if dont even know what your all even talking about. come see worst comes to worse i will show you myself . ohhhh yea the food IS great i might be paying 96 bucks for it but eating it is very very good even in a microwave. if you did get ripped off thats your dumbass fault for letting that happen you ARE AN ADULT! do the math. i sell my cases for 120 to 150 7 to 8 bucks a lb. but i sell 10 to 14 of them a day soo yes 300 to 500 cash paid daily. do the math. 4797510333 Drivers needed. lol. RYAN COMPTON

• Mo
    Moredimoi Jul 05, 2009

I work for the Atlanta Cattle Exchange, and yes some guys will rip you off. A lot of them are fast talking salesmen that seem like they just left a bad used car lot, but others like me sell at a really good discount and try to do well in high volume sales and return customers. I have never and would never rip anyone off. If you want to reach me you can write me at "[email protected]"

• Fr
    frotig Jul 23, 2009

I agree this is the biggest scam. They say they guarantee the product for one year. What they do not tell you is that you have a 72 cancellation notice. They screen your calls and do not return them. I have purchased meats from a similar company called Horizon meats, which is extremely reputable and always calls you back. The meats I purchased from Atlanta Cattle Exchange is no better or probaly not as good as the frozen foods in Wal-Mart. I am extremely disappionted and feel totally ripped-off. I mailed a letter overnight to cancel. With no return call or confirmation. The policy this company has is terrible. Almost impossible to comply with. Buyers beware or get the salesmen for tresspassing. Hold on to your money!!!

• Ce
    centerhill Jul 25, 2009

Some people never learn. Why in the world would anybody buy ANYTHING from a dorr-to-door salesman? With the availability of nearly everything right at your fingertips just by going to the store or buy it on the internet this is just stupid. Allowing yourself to be conned by a meat salesman that pulls up in your driveway?
    wow...lol

• Bi
    billy bobbin Aug 05, 2009

The Cattle Exchange and anyone working for them or associated with them, should be ashamed of themselves. Preying on older people, and
    people who do not know any better. You are nothing more than a parasite to the world. In essence a form of pedophile to your community. You will all reap what you sow!

• Be
    bethbear Sep 11, 2009

im married to a meat sales man an have been since april he has sold meat door to door for 10 years an i have never heard a complaint about his meat. if you idiots would stop your crying an relize you bought the meat eat it or shut the ### up theses men work there ### off selling meat to make a living for their families in this godfor saken place we call home.yor not forced to buy the meat at all.its not a easy job i suggest u fat lazy ###ers get off your ### an try to work an stop crying.
    thank you a very proud wife of a meat sales man.
    god bless country fed.

• Be
    bethbear Sep 11, 2009

if theres a ownwer, manger or worker that sees this please get in contact with my husband brian hancock aka treetopp hes a ex country fed employee an would like to get in touch with you all to see about selling meat for you.hello mike peaden/vick bland
    you can contact him at 601-453-5589
    ty
    this is for the owners of cattle exchange ONLY!.

• Co
    ConWayBamboozal Oct 29, 2009

October, 2009

Two guys drove up to my secluded house in a truck - that's the first alarm. When I got to the door, the fellow who had gotten out of the truck had walked back out of the garage and spoke to me from fifteen feet away - second red flag. They wanted to know if I was familiar with their business (to get a read on how much I knew about the scam, I figured) - that was the next suspicious thing - they should have offered to tell me what they were doing there, first. They wanted to sell me some steaks and seafood.

I didn't look at the meat or listen to any blurb. I offered to take their information and get back with them. At some point in the conversation each of the dudes said something to the effect "What? You don't like steaks?" That's the final red flag! - attempting to manipulate by using a logical fallacy on me!

I did take all the information I needed to investigate their operation, and I found all the complaints.

The truth is, of course, that I love steaks and seafood! I just don't like door-to-door sales scams. If I was in the market for some damn frozen meat, I'd go looking for it, myself!

• Re
    RETNAVY Oct 30, 2009

I am retired Navy, and have one leg and cannot get out and live alone. I was glad to get individual single shrink wraps of meat for the money, and it is perfect for me. I have to pay a home giver 39 dollars an hour to go buy food for me, and after 25 yrs in the navy know that you get what you pay for. They unboxed the meat, and packed everything into my freezer for me, and I appreciate the service I got. If you can walk, then dont buy it.. But if you cannot walk and do for yourself, then it is a deal! Get over it! You paid for the packaging and the delivery, and they earned every nickle of their money in my opinion.. I will order from them again, and love not having to go to the butcher, then marinating, and if you total all of that, inclucing the individual packaging, and labor.. it is not a bad value... I dont see anyone breaking their legs to help me out, and I am .. and live alone, so it is ideal for me.. No family, or friends, after spending 25 yrs overseas..., and no one gives a hoot about our veterans, like they say they do...

• Me
    meat man Nov 27, 2009

I have sold meat door to door for many years.I totality agree with all the complaints. I have seen this company ignore the three day buyers right to cancel. I have seen this company sell defrosted meat when their walk in broke. Witch is dangerous and illegal. A lot of meat company's hire drug addicts because they can take advantage of them and use them. Usually the customer is the one who pays for it. There are good meat men and women out there. Im one of them. I do not price gouge elderly or not so bright people. I educate all my customers on the product so that they know they have made a great decision and so that I can come back in a few months. I wish there was some thing that would happen to company's like this one that make my work life hard. Just imagine working a area that has been ripped off by a slime bag company. If you ave any questions you can contact me at [email protected] I will gladly answer any questions and help if i can.

• Pl
    pleasedon't scam Dec 08, 2009

My 3 year old just laid down for a nap when some old man rang my door bell. Nice, ### hole. He wreaked of cigarettes. First he asked me if my mom or dad were home. ha ha. I thought he was just old with bad eye site. Oh no, just part of his game. I just moved to Florida from Ohio and he was curious about what part I was from. He was from Dayton. I asked if he was my neighbor from across the street. NO, he was trying to sell me meat. I told him we really couldn't afford to buy steak right now. He told me we couldn't afford not to buy it. He ran out to his truck and brought back a box to look at. He said it was 4 pounds of Del Monica. Huh, what. Never heard of it. I said again. I'm sorry, but we really couldn't afford it. He asked if my husband was home. Sorry grandpa, but your gonna have to deal with me. :) He was flipping over the box quickly so I really couldn't read it. So I took it from him and saw where it said 3pds Ribeye. hhhhmmmm. Besides looking young I must also look illiterate . He then dropped his price to $18 which I can almost justify, but he totally was a scammer. I don't appreciate being lied to. I felt sorry for him and would have bought them if he hadn't lied about the weight. I told him sorry, can't do it, and he rushed off. I am not sorry, and should have told him to get the hell off my property. Live and learn.

• Ex
    ex_meat_man Dec 09, 2009

i just quit from the cattle exchange am 18 years old. the cattle exchange is not what the meat men make it out to be do not buy from them on Monday the 7, of December of 2009 i was sent to Kansas city to pick up 2 new trucks for the (cattle exchange) well my boss (RYAN McLANE he is about 6'1" short hair muscular and has a mustache gote combo NEVER BUY FROM THIS MAN) well he loaded me and three other employees up in one truck and a freezer full of meat (THE FREEZERS ARE NEVER PLUGGED IN)(EWWW) and sent us on our way to get the trucks from Kc. well we got into Missouri in a town called Lamar and just knocked on three doors and a cop pulls up. well normally when a cop pulls up to a meat truck and asks fora permit you don't have they tell you that you need to leave. but in our case we got arrested instead of being told to leave we were sent to jail. so we called our boss and he said that they were doing everything they could to get us out. (WRONG!!!) we spent the night in jail. the next day i herd from my family and apparently he told them it was my fault i was in there when he himself told me nothing about having a permit. and continued to tell my family that ether they could go get me or let me rot in jail. i was just doing what he told me to do and he isn't gonna do crap. well that was the straw that broke the camels back . my family ended up coming to get me and i swore to do everything i could to make them pay. so my message to you the public is don't ever buy from any meat men they will lie and cheat you just to make a quick buck and to all of those that bought from me i am sorry. there office is in springdale Arkansas Athens avenue suit H in betthel hights please help me fight this company my name is Dalton knight and thank you.

• Ex
    ex_meat_man Dec 09, 2009

don't listen to the comment from Ryan c above i worked with him they are all liers they just want you to change your opinion.

• Bw
    bw15964 Dec 15, 2009

I responded from a craigslist add without researching enough about this people since my job is not bringing enough for my college bills and when I walked in, the room was small filled with alot of applicants. After submitting the application, they took a copy of my Drivers License and Social security card. After reading all this comments, there is no way iam going to be associated with them. The question I have is since they have a copy of my drivers licence and my social security card, can they misuse my information without my consent or approval and is there anything I can do to prevent them from attempting to use it.

jennifer dray Dec 16, 2009

I feel the company is getting a raw deal, to bw15964 i don't think they would use your info, you;re not Bill Gates Or Donald Trump (lol). Anyone with commom sense knows that the people posting are the dissatisfied customers, when we are happy as a consumer we tend not to post. I have bought from this company for many years and i'm very happy with the product, salesperson and customer service. I think there are people that can not afford to buy the product and do so anyway comparing it to supermarket prices, the difference is the fact that this is a home delivery service that carry a 12-month guarantee. Stop bashing and don't buy if you can't afford it. I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY SINCE I'VE ONLY HAD GGOD RESULTS.

jennifer dray Dec 16, 2009

after reading the negative comments posted i thought it was time to write the truth about this company, like Ms.Dray i have been buying from the cattle exchange for some time. my relationship with them has been nothing but positive. my husband worked for the company several years ago and still have customers contact him about reordering meat, he also made $75.000 for the year he worked for the company, he was considered a independent contractor, he never had bad business. Since leaving the company i still buy from them, i find the salespeople to be hard working, honest men and women trying to make a living. i also found being the wife of a salesman that a lot of customer wants something for nothing, they'll wait until all the product is gone then want a refund, other times the wife buy when the husband is not home and when he do get home he raises hell because the wife purchased without his PERMISSION. I must say the meat is good and the company stands behind the guarantee, before you decide not to buy from this company based on someone negative post who may indend be a con artist themself or a former employee that was fired, try it for youself and like me you may become a regular customer.

• Kh
    k harris Jan 03, 2010

I will pay 10x the price in grocery stores before i ever order this CRAP ever again, You get more meat off a chicken thats been running around for months than you do on this crap.

hammertime Jan 20, 2010

i have to agree with most of these comments. these guys showed up at my folks house last week in a rural area of rogers, ar and conned them into over $1000 of meat with their end of the day special we need to get rid of scheme. my mom and dad are 80+ years old and sometimes do not make rational decisions, but for the most part they can take care of themselves, that was until these guys came around! when they told them they didn't have room in their freezer, they told them they would help them, and they got it in there, but then had to set something heavy on a brand new freezer to get it to stay colsed. of course, to say the least, us girls were furious. i went online and read these reviews and i was really mad. we wanted to stop payment, but by then it was too late. now, really, what descent person would sell that much meat to an old couple that you could probably tell by watching them and talking to them, that they had trouble comprehending????? the key word here is descent! well, we didn't notify the police, we were affraid they would go to the parents house and get them all upset, but i guess we should have. we did call the company, no avail, as they never returned the call. now, less than a week later, they came back and again, conned them into buying more than the first time1 can you believe it? wheere did they think they would put it? that is another story i won't get into, but something has to be done. they have a local office here in bethel heights, my sister is going there tomorrow. the police needs to be notified and the paper as well to warn people, especially rural people is what they target, to be on the lookout and especially if it is older people...tell them to leave or you will call the police. this is a scam, and in our case, it is theft, and this kind of scamming should be illegal. we are not sure of the quality of the meat, the first bunch looked okay, but nobody has eaten it and this bunch, we haven't seen yet. be ware and don't buy anything from the atlanta cattle exchange, no matter what city the go to. if they are crooks, ex-cons or whatever, they may take your money, scope out your place, and come back later to rob, then hightail it out of town. can't be trusted.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices