Atlanta Cattle ExchangeDoor-to-door meat sellers rip off!

On Dec. 6, a pair of men drove up to my house and offered to sell me frozen, vacuum-packed meat at a "real bargain", 40% off retail! I went out to look at their wares, and they had cases of meat, chicken, pork and seafood. The product looked very nice, vacuum packed.

They said they had a satisfaction guarantee, and would make me a great deal on the meat, since it was the end of the day and they wanted to get home. I ended up buying one case of steak and one case of mixed chicken/pork. The total cost was over $450.

One of the men carried the food up to our front deck while I paid the other. After they left, my wife and I started putting the meat away in our freezer. We were surprised at how little the meat weighed, given how much we paid. After checking the net weights on all the packages, we were surprised to see that we had purchased a total of only 38.5 pounds of meat, with about 16 pounds of that being beef and the rest a mix of chicken and pork. The per-pound cost came out to a little less than $11.85 per pound, which is expensive meat anywhere in America, certainly not 40% off retail!

I contacted the company the next day to complain, and was foisted off to a "manager" who took my complaint. He said that the records showed that I had received two cases of steak and one of pork/chicken. I told him that this was not true, and we argued for a while. He said he would contact his boss and would call me the next day.

No call came in the next day. I called and left a message. On Monday, I called two of their offices and was told I would be contacted the next morning. No call came in. I called again the next day, late in the afternoon, and was told that they were going to "give" me another box of beef.

By this time all I wanted was to get a refund for the meat and return it. This was not an option, according to the person who spoke with me. I told them I didn't want another case of meat, and didn't even have a place to put it, that my freezer was full. She told me to give it away as a Christmas present.

I was also told that "on the back of the brochure" it was clearly stated that I had only three days to complain, and that it had to be in writing (certified letter, I believe she said.) I tried to tell her that I had never seen a brochure (because I had not), but she talked right over the top of me and said she wasn't going to argue with me, that I wasn't going to get my money back. As far as that goes, it would have been nice if someone had told me about the requirement for a letter the first time I called.

With a "guarantee of satisfaction" and an unhappy customer with a lot of unopened meat, I'd think they would want to keep themselves from getting a bad reputation by settling things. But I've since then seen other mentions of the company on the Internet with complaints about bad customer service, so I guess I should have checked first.

• Fo
    Former meat man Mar 08, 2014

I worked for these jerks as Country Fed Foods and The Cattle Exchange . It was good meat but the scams were incredible. They did hire a bunch of ex cons. They did hire drug addicts. The Riverdale Police Captain was always on scene at night with an intimidating effect more than security reasons
    .i"
    I saw all the good, bad and ugly they had to offer from the inside out.
    Its all true.
    They buy a box for $55 and offer it tot he salesman for $85 to $120 per box (depending how long you have been there) Do the math
    At times, unsold product or product that was mishandled and re frozen is resold on the street at
    half price"old and

But, its a revolving door with help wanted ads and weekly new recruit meetings

Caveat Empor.."Buyer Beware"

• We
    Weetamoo Jul 26, 2012

I was amused to read the post by the "Smith Family". A so obviously fake posting that I would not be at all suprised if it were written by the infamous Claude Walker, a person that it was my misforntune to have dealings with when my wife was ripped off to the tune of $168. When I phoned the local office I was directed to the Corporate office who in turn directed me to the local office. I phoned Walker on numerous occassions but somehow he was always out on business. When it finally became apparent to them I was not going away he took my calls and proceeded to inform me that I had not sent in the correct paperwork so they could not do anything. (untrue as it happens) He gave me the name of the local manager and his phone # and said he was the one that would sort a refund out. Of course this was the very person that had directed me to Walker saying he did not have the authority to issue refunds. To cut a long story short this went on for several months, with no refund, until suddenly one day every phone number for every office was disconnected.

I found out today the reason for the disconnections. The company changed its name to FARM FRESH FOODS. The salesman actually turned up on our doorstep today with the old Cattle exchange T shirt but the new logo on the truck.

I told him if he did not leave I would push the meat so far up his %^&$ he'd be eating it himself. He left!

• Bo
    bocahigh Oct 06, 2011

I made the mistake of buying two boxes of chicken without taking time to check out the company. Didn't look at boxes, just put them in the freezer. The box on the bottom was not what I had asked for. Additionally I learned that all chicken was injected with a solution that comprised about 20% of the weight. Therefore the already high cost per pound of actual meat was significantly higher. Never again. DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

• He
    Helen Lonet Bennett Sep 20, 2011

I have been trying to get something done sense Aug 13 of this yr. 2011 got bad meat from them, it was awful got the steak and chicken they first said they would come out and make it good exchange it we have waited on them at least 3 times no one ever showed up no calls so now we are stuck with meat we can't eat.My husband was sick for two days after eating the chicken. don't really know what I can do I have gotten in touch with better business going to try the Georgia consumer affair may not get any results but I've got to keep trying we are on a fixed income and this was 249 dollars of our money gone. They are really bad.

• Be
    Beentheredone that Aug 11, 2011

The company sucks and so does the meat! Do not buy...you will NEVER get your money back. Customer service is trained to not SEE your certified letter of cancellation until it is too late. BUYER BEWARE! I worked for Country-Fed meats back in the early 90's. I went back to Atlanta Cattle Exchange in 2010 for about 4 monyhs...nothing has changed but the name! I worked in the office in accounting. So embarassing to lie to customer and say check is on the way when I knew it had not even been cut. No plans to pay. Buy at your own risk!!!

• Tb
    tb40 Jun 17, 2011

My take on ACE. A truck and two guys knocked on my garage door about 2 weeks ago, which is already a bit off if you ask me. The guy gave me the same sales pitch I have read all over the web about selling to a bunch of my neighbors, would give me a good deal since it was the end of the day yadda yadda yadda. He was nice, but kind of creepy and sweaty and caught me way off guard to be honest. I really didn't want any of it but I did buy the case after he gave me a very good price. As they were packing my freezer, my husband pulls in and I hear them say "Hurry, the father is home!". Holy red flag, as if they were not going up already. Now, by this point, I had already signed and paid. They were gone in a flash. My husband was skeptical and after the entire weird experience, so was I. I immediately got on the web and read a lot of bad stuff. Then, one of my neighbors who also made a purchase told me it was not good stuff at all. I can't say myself because I never did try it but after the bad neighbor review and the mostly bad reviews online, I decided to get out. Luckily, I had paid with a credit card! I immediately faxed and mailed (certified usps) the Notice of Cancellation to the company. That way I had proof of their receipt of the notice within the time frame allowed. I then contacted my credit card company to advise them of the situation. A few days went by...nothing. I called and left a message letting them know I had confirmation that they had received my Notice and that the 20 day clock was ticking and I would dispose of the meat if not picked up in the 20 days. A few more days go by. I get a call from the original salesguy saying he would be by the next night to pick it up. 3 more days go by...no salesguy. Finally I get another call from Corporate saying a different guy would be picking it up. My guess, they heard from my card company and realized that they were not going to get paid by the card company so they had best just get their meat back. Just my guess. I do wonder if they would have come had I paid with cash or a check. Anyway, sure enough, a guy shows up last night and picks it up, no questions asked. He was actually a nice, normal guy. No creepy factor like the original one. So long story short, I was able to return the meat and reverse the charge on my credit card. Maybe because I had the power of a credit card dispute behind me or the paper trail confirming they had my Notice of Cancellation...who knows. Some people may like the quality and think it is a great deal. That's fine and dandy. Others may not. Thats fine too. My lesson learned is I don't buy frozen meat products, out of the back of a truck, from an aggressive salesperson, unsolicited. I believe you get what you pay for and if you want good steaks, go pick them out of your butchers case yourself OR be prepared to pay premium for frozen from a company like Allen Brothers.com.

jeremyl83 Jun 13, 2011

My name is Jeremy and I work with The Atlanta Cattle Exchange. With what I've personally seen and with what I've read some of the people say on here I just don't understand the transition in views. Do some of you people hear yourselves...selling fat chicks, paying off police, thugs runnung scams and harboring fugitives. You sound ridiculous. This isn't some New York crime syndicate. This is a ligitimate business. Everyone hires bad eggs every now and then but I personally can attest for any meat sold from this company, and I challenge anyone on here to prove me wrong. Call [protected] ask for Jeremy, and I will personally bring you individually wrapped flash frozen and vacuum sealed(free of freezer-burn) choice grade restaraunt cut and trimmed steak, chicken, pork, and seafood products at prices equal to or lower than your local market. I am no different than the person that works behind the deli counter in Krogers or Ingles or wherever. If you disagree, don't get on here just call my number and prove me wrong. If I prove you wrong though(and I will if you're a reasonable and logical person), I do expect you to get on here and retract any negative statements you've previously made.

• Be
    Bev Roberts May 07, 2011

Add me to the list of those ripped off! Bev Roberts

• This meat was some of the best meat i have ever tried you people get your heads out of your [censor] these guys are making a honest living mc donalds serves billions alot of people dont eat there find somthin better to do

• Sm
    Smith Family Feb 12, 2011

The Atlanta Cattle Exchange is the bomb, they delivered to my sister yesterday, and so I bought some of everything to try it out. My husband & I are very pleased. It's good food, they deliver, and our salesman was so kind enough to put it all in our freezer too. It was such a nice experience we all plan to start just ordering once a month to save the time and money at the grocery store. I HIGHLY recommend buying your meat, seafood & chicken here.

Angie Smith & Family
    [email protected]

• Aa
    aaron polk Feb 09, 2011

After buying the meat yesterday I'm very confident when I would Recommend to anyone their services and products. The meat was great, and cheap. Best thing really is the fact I don't have to go to the store to buy because they will deliver. Understanding the law of business that anyone deserves a profit, I think the rates are very good.

Must be under new management because the guys were very well spoke, appearance and positive attitudes.

Contact me anytime with any questions [email protected]

Comments

• Aa
    aaron polk Feb 09, 2011

I just wanted to write to say I had a great experience with this company. The meat was really good. It's affordable and they bring it to you. I understand in our economical issues that there has to be a profit, so I didn't care about the price so much. They even stuffed the food into the freezer. The salesman was nice and clean cut. Maybe they have a new manager because my experience was totally unlike any of the others on here.
    I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. Feel free to contact me for a reference.

[email protected]

• Ra
    raelynn65 Jan 21, 2011

We made the mistake of renting to one of Atlanta Cattle/Iowa Steaks' "general managers". Not only did this man stiff our family on rent and leave our place a total mess, he left blank company checks and all kinds of sensitive material laying around. I called the general number and spoke to a man about the disposition of this company material. Little did I know, they could care less...wishing I were more unscrupulous, I would just write a check to cash and teach them a lesson...

• Te
    Ted Hawley Nov 10, 2010

Our suggestion to all of you who have been ripped off by this company..do as we have done and report them to the following so that they can be shut down. Call the following: Atlanta BBB [protected], Federal trade commission [protected], Governers office for consumers affairs [protected], Dept of Agriculture [protected], goggle the secretary of state of GA..the more complaints the less people will be ripped off like we all have.
    11/10/2010

• Cy
    Cynthia Hawley Nov 10, 2010

One more victim ..we live in Myrtle Beach and recently bought a case of meat and fish for a discount because it was the end of the day. I asked the rep if there were any hormones or antibiotics in the meat and he said no ..I called the company to verify my question and no one would answer me and would not return my calls after 2 weeks of calls and getting the run around I finally connected with a Mr. Carl Walker in the legal dept and he said he would give me the name and phone number of their VP but no way would they refund our money. Next call to him he denied ever saying he would give me that number, he went crazy on the phone with me and said they didn't need customers like us. The meat was tough and the fish was bad. We have reported them to the Atlanta BBB, the Governers comsumers dept., The arigcultural dept, the federal trade commission and the GA sec'y of state dept and hope something will be down with closing down this rip-off company.

CrazyTea Oct 15, 2010

ok srg brown is right...ish. i worked with scammers and one or two would actually sell you the meat for a good price. but overall the place is filled with deceiving [censor]

CrazyTea Oct 15, 2010

I use to be a driver... and i always felt bad for the people that actually fell for the con artist [censor]. pretty much all the people that worked for the cattle exchange were Xconvicts and not that it should really be an issue, im just saying that explains why theyre so good at conning. I should have done sexual harrassment complaint but i just in a rush to get away from those idiots.

CrazyTea Oct 15, 2010

i worked for them... and pretty much all theyre sellers are X cons. and dont even have a license to drive the company vehicles.

• Te
    tejas129 Oct 09, 2010

This company is out to rip you off.From the door to door sales people to the inept customer service "department".which is actually one lady who hangs up on you when you call to complain--call back again and calls are screened so you get an answering machine .Or if someone other than the customer service lady answers, they don't have any idea what is going on.
    I know, I know it was soooo stupid to buy this meat, but I bought a case of chicken, and it looked to be of good quality.So I paid 135.00 for it.thinking that was a pretty fair deal---until I tried the meat!! It is tough and has this nasty looking white stuff that comes out as it cooks.
    After "talking" to the customer service I have decided not to send the meat back as I doubt that I will recieve my money back.I'll just cook the crap and feed it to the animals!!AND feel bad about doing that too!!!
    BEWARE OF BAD MEAT!!!

• Da
    Danny Orr Oct 06, 2010

Country Fed or Cattle Exchange, it's not the name that matters but the quality and service. I worked for C.F. in Riverdale, Ga. back in '97 and have eaten the meat also with satisfaction. The price is high on a "per lb." basis but it is delivered to your door and individually packaged for convenience. It's your decision if you want to pay for that but it is like buying a used car, you must haggle! In any event, all the complaints are understandable but always remember: "You can beat their price but you can't beat their meat"! What's really amazing is that anyone still operates "door to door" with any success in the year of our lord 2010...God Bless all. [email protected]

jessaboo Jul 24, 2010

The Cattle Xchange has been throught numerous times, without ANY success of even getting a customer to come out the door in my neighborhood here in covington, GA. I watch as they ruthlesly bang on doord and ring doorbells and LOOK IN WINDOWS! yes, they look in windows, these people are obviously not the type of people you want to be dealing with, especially around your home and family. The people in my neighborood know not to answer the door to people, if we're not expecting you, we aren't gona open our doors to you. And especially when we have weirdos out there invading our privacy by pressing their faces on our fogged glass to see if they can see inside our homes? oh heck no! We have families here! They completly disreguard respect and any security measures we may have, such as our barking dogs, our warnings of our alarm systems in every yard, the no tresspassing signs, the fact that NO one is outside, and they'll come at the most inconvint times of the day. We are so tired of these people blatently disrespecting us and our families and homes. Also, they proudly display the name of their website on their truck, but when I typed it in, the only site that came up is this complaint site haha.

• Oh
    ohio meat man Jul 03, 2010

if u had asked they would have given it to you cheaper, i know i would have. Most of my customers only pay 100 per 25lb cases. Is it his fault that you didnt ask for a better deal. i do agree that 450 for that little bit of meat is way too much. now im sure that youll never have the oppritunity to enjoy the convience of HOME DELIVERY at a discounted price. sorry your unsatisfied 95% of my business is repeat customers. besides the meat was good wasnt it? if you think 11 a pound is high look at Omaha Steaks

• Tb
    tboy Jun 10, 2010

responding to the quality of the product: the meats are great if you get them fresh. unfortunaly some employees just don't care about customer satisfaction. those guys along with weak sales people seem to weed themselves out leaving the honest hard working ones like myself to try and rebuild customer repour. some sales reps scam not only you but also the company using their own brochures to pump the product. but some sales people have been running the same routes for 10 plus years because they don't scam people. yes the company gets the product for less than $50 because they buy in extreme bulk so they can make a profit. and they leave a little room for me a disabled veteran to make a living too.. isn't that what a free trade market is all about. look if a person with ergancy in his voice approaches you look at that person and say to yourself, does this person look repitbal or not and always get a brocure with reciet...if he is fo real he sould even leave you his number...call it...I'm Trint out of Southaven's MS branch and i'll be her all week...no [email protected]

• Fa
    faggot1 May 20, 2010

Hi I am gay as can be but I love big pcs of meat. This company may just get my business. ---------)

• Fa
    faggot1 May 20, 2010

[censor]

Madlad01 May 01, 2010

One of these guy came by my house today in Desoto county and tried to pull the same sales lines on me, that I have read in this blog. He was very nice and show me all of the meat and want me to buy one get one free, would write it up as a military discount he said. He had the beef, chicken, pork and sea food pack, and he had to finish up so he could go out of town. He want me to buy all four boxes for $589.00 no taxes. Once I finally got the word "NO" across to him, his a additude change from very nice to rude. They are a scammer for sure.

• Sg
    sgt. Brown Mar 05, 2010

prescription medication huh? for someone to have written a three hundred dollar check or counted out three hundred dollars cash and not relized it must have been abusing that drug pretty bad. Im a desoto county police officer and i bought last month and my wife and i love them. I've also found that alot of the complaints dont make much sense. not saying all of them now there are some bad apples in every company, some folks just have to understand ther isn't a such thing as a perfect cow or a perfect person.Just like some of the people on this blog that dont make sense some are telling the truth some might be stretching the truth some might be lying. Anyway try them out for real talk to them feel them out are they people just like you and me or are they monsters like you people are making them all out to be.

sgt.Brown

• Sc
    ScottyVanSmack Mar 01, 2010

I fell for their scam too, only because I was on medication and in no frame of mind to realize what was going on, I paid over 300 for steaks, burgers and chicken. The quality of the steaks are terrible, I'd rather eat a fried turd. The chicken was okay, although it seemed strangely too tender. The burgers are okay, but the prices were terrible and I realized the next day that I'd been taken when I saw how small they were and all. Anyway, I waited too long to try and get my money back and I also knew it was no use in trying as I've read above. What we all need to do is tell everyone we know, criticize them on Facebook, call Clark Howared, do all you can and we can put this company of ### out of business.

• Ha
    hatinthem Feb 02, 2010

Ripped off as well. Same story salesmen at your door, won't leave, cancelled check and then the threats start. Was originally charged 352.oo for 1 box steaks 1 box seafood and then was shown a receipt from another customer that showed she only paid 162.50 for the samt thing. Did not receive a pamplet for the guarantee and was only told today about having to write a letter to cancel the order. I was told at the time just to call the local number listed on the handwritten receipt all all would be handled here. I was never told I would have to deal with someone in Atlanta. Called to have them send someone to pick up the meat 15 minutes after the purchase but could only reach an aswering machine. Linda Robinson at the Riverdale GA office is a joke. I dealt with with them in an upfront honest manner and was rewarded with letters calling me a thief and threatening me with legal action. Ended up having to keep the meat but only paid 180.00. Am making it my mission to warn everyone about them. Contacted BBB in Atlanta and here in Mobile, sent a message to everyone in my email address book asking for them to forward to all of theirs, posting a sign in my front yard, etc... I am someone that would probally have purchased more from them if the price was right, food was good, and was treated right. Wouldn't do business with them now even if they gave the meat to me.

• Bo
    bogus food Jan 22, 2010

Total scam!! If you read their web sight they say this company has been around for several years and they have but they have changed their name. They dont say that though do they? The original company name was country fed meats. They were shut down all over the US by the federal govt. for state sales tax evaision. How do I know this? Well I worked there for two weeks and the place was shut down by the feds right in front of my face. Later I realized the food was horrible as well. Anyways, same scam different name. The Company hires all types of people you would not want to be in your home. BEWARE !!! Look at the good responses as well. It is obviously them trying to sweep things up. Not very sharp either. Read the two posted in a row by Jennefer Dray posing as two different people using the same user name. LOL. Then read the two by bethbear. She uses the worst language someone could possibly use then says to call her husband and buy. She also backs my comment on the name country fed meats. These people need to go!

• Ha
    hammertime Jan 20, 2010

i have to agree with most of these comments. these guys showed up at my folks house last week in a rural area of rogers, ar and conned them into over $1000 of meat with their end of the day special we need to get rid of scheme. my mom and dad are 80+ years old and sometimes do not make rational decisions, but for the most part they can take care of themselves, that was until these guys came around! when they told them they didn't have room in their freezer, they told them they would help them, and they got it in there, but then had to set something heavy on a brand new freezer to get it to stay colsed. of course, to say the least, us girls were furious. i went online and read these reviews and i was really mad. we wanted to stop payment, but by then it was too late. now, really, what descent person would sell that much meat to an old couple that you could probably tell by watching them and talking to them, that they had trouble comprehending????? the key word here is descent! well, we didn't notify the police, we were affraid they would go to the parents house and get them all upset, but i guess we should have. we did call the company, no avail, as they never returned the call. now, less than a week later, they came back and again, conned them into buying more than the first time1 can you believe it? wheere did they think they would put it? that is another story i won't get into, but something has to be done. they have a local office here in bethel heights, my sister is going there tomorrow. the police needs to be notified and the paper as well to warn people, especially rural people is what they target, to be on the lookout and especially if it is older people...tell them to leave or you will call the police. this is a scam, and in our case, it is theft, and this kind of scamming should be illegal. we are not sure of the quality of the meat, the first bunch looked okay, but nobody has eaten it and this bunch, we haven't seen yet. be ware and don't buy anything from the atlanta cattle exchange, no matter what city the go to. if they are crooks, ex-cons or whatever, they may take your money, scope out your place, and come back later to rob, then hightail it out of town. can't be trusted.

• Kh
    k harris Jan 03, 2010

I will pay 10x the price in grocery stores before i ever order this CRAP ever again, You get more meat off a chicken thats been running around for months than you do on this crap.

jennifer dray Dec 16, 2009

after reading the negative comments posted i thought it was time to write the truth about this company, like Ms.Dray i have been buying from the cattle exchange for some time. my relationship with them has been nothing but positive. my husband worked for the company several years ago and still have customers contact him about reordering meat, he also made $75.000 for the year he worked for the company, he was considered a independent contractor, he never had bad business. Since leaving the company i still buy from them, i find the salespeople to be hard working, honest men and women trying to make a living. i also found being the wife of a salesman that a lot of customer wants something for nothing, they'll wait until all the product is gone then want a refund, other times the wife buy when the husband is not home and when he do get home he raises hell because the wife purchased without his PERMISSION. I must say the meat is good and the company stands behind the guarantee, before you decide not to buy from this company based on someone negative post who may indend be a con artist themself or a former employee that was fired, try it for youself and like me you may become a regular customer.

jennifer dray Dec 16, 2009

I feel the company is getting a raw deal, to bw15964 i don't think they would use your info, you;re not Bill Gates Or Donald Trump (lol). Anyone with commom sense knows that the people posting are the dissatisfied customers, when we are happy as a consumer we tend not to post. I have bought from this company for many years and i'm very happy with the product, salesperson and customer service. I think there are people that can not afford to buy the product and do so anyway comparing it to supermarket prices, the difference is the fact that this is a home delivery service that carry a 12-month guarantee. Stop bashing and don't buy if you can't afford it. I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY SINCE I'VE ONLY HAD GGOD RESULTS.

• Bw
    bw15964 Dec 15, 2009

I responded from a craigslist add without researching enough about this people since my job is not bringing enough for my college bills and when I walked in, the room was small filled with alot of applicants. After submitting the application, they took a copy of my Drivers License and Social security card. After reading all this comments, there is no way iam going to be associated with them. The question I have is since they have a copy of my drivers licence and my social security card, can they misuse my information without my consent or approval and is there anything I can do to prevent them from attempting to use it.

• Ex
    ex_meat_man Dec 09, 2009

don't listen to the comment from Ryan c above i worked with him they are all liers they just want you to change your opinion.

• Ex
    ex_meat_man Dec 09, 2009

i just quit from the cattle exchange am 18 years old. the cattle exchange is not what the meat men make it out to be do not buy from them on Monday the 7, of December of 2009 i was sent to Kansas city to pick up 2 new trucks for the (cattle exchange) well my boss (RYAN McLANE he is about 6'1" short hair muscular and has a mustache gote combo NEVER BUY FROM THIS MAN) well he loaded me and three other employees up in one truck and a freezer full of meat (THE FREEZERS ARE NEVER PLUGGED IN)(EWWW) and sent us on our way to get the trucks from Kc. well we got into Missouri in a town called Lamar and just knocked on three doors and a cop pulls up. well normally when a cop pulls up to a meat truck and asks fora permit you don't have they tell you that you need to leave. but in our case we got arrested instead of being told to leave we were sent to jail. so we called our boss and he said that they were doing everything they could to get us out. (WRONG!!!) we spent the night in jail. the next day i herd from my family and apparently he told them it was my fault i was in there when he himself told me nothing about having a permit. and continued to tell my family that ether they could go get me or let me rot in jail. i was just doing what he told me to do and he isn't gonna do crap. well that was the straw that broke the camels back . my family ended up coming to get me and i swore to do everything i could to make them pay. so my message to you the public is don't ever buy from any meat men they will lie and cheat you just to make a quick buck and to all of those that bought from me i am sorry. there office is in springdale Arkansas Athens avenue suit H in betthel hights please help me fight this company my name is Dalton knight and thank you.

• Pl
    pleasedon't scam Dec 08, 2009

My 3 year old just laid down for a nap when some old man rang my door bell. Nice, ### hole. He wreaked of cigarettes. First he asked me if my mom or dad were home. ha ha. I thought he was just old with bad eye site. Oh no, just part of his game. I just moved to Florida from Ohio and he was curious about what part I was from. He was from Dayton. I asked if he was my neighbor from across the street. NO, he was trying to sell me meat. I told him we really couldn't afford to buy steak right now. He told me we couldn't afford not to buy it. He ran out to his truck and brought back a box to look at. He said it was 4 pounds of Del Monica. Huh, what. Never heard of it. I said again. I'm sorry, but we really couldn't afford it. He asked if my husband was home. Sorry grandpa, but your gonna have to deal with me. :) He was flipping over the box quickly so I really couldn't read it. So I took it from him and saw where it said 3pds Ribeye. hhhhmmmm. Besides looking young I must also look illiterate . He then dropped his price to $18 which I can almost justify, but he totally was a scammer. I don't appreciate being lied to. I felt sorry for him and would have bought them if he hadn't lied about the weight. I told him sorry, can't do it, and he rushed off. I am not sorry, and should have told him to get the hell off my property. Live and learn.

• Me
    meat man Nov 27, 2009

I have sold meat door to door for many years.I totality agree with all the complaints. I have seen this company ignore the three day buyers right to cancel. I have seen this company sell defrosted meat when their walk in broke. Witch is dangerous and illegal. A lot of meat company's hire drug addicts because they can take advantage of them and use them. Usually the customer is the one who pays for it. There are good meat men and women out there. Im one of them. I do not price gouge elderly or not so bright people. I educate all my customers on the product so that they know they have made a great decision and so that I can come back in a few months. I wish there was some thing that would happen to company's like this one that make my work life hard. Just imagine working a area that has been ripped off by a slime bag company. If you ave any questions you can contact me at [email protected] I will gladly answer any questions and help if i can.

• Re
    RETNAVY Oct 30, 2009

I am retired Navy, and have one leg and cannot get out and live alone. I was glad to get individual single shrink wraps of meat for the money, and it is perfect for me. I have to pay a home giver 39 dollars an hour to go buy food for me, and after 25 yrs in the navy know that you get what you pay for. They unboxed the meat, and packed everything into my freezer for me, and I appreciate the service I got. If you can walk, then dont buy it.. But if you cannot walk and do for yourself, then it is a deal! Get over it! You paid for the packaging and the delivery, and they earned every nickle of their money in my opinion.. I will order from them again, and love not having to go to the butcher, then marinating, and if you total all of that, inclucing the individual packaging, and labor.. it is not a bad value... I dont see anyone breaking their legs to help me out, and I am .. and live alone, so it is ideal for me.. No family, or friends, after spending 25 yrs overseas..., and no one gives a hoot about our veterans, like they say they do...