HyVee Complaints & Reviews

HyVeechicken

I went in to HyVee in Windom, Mn. this noon and bought a broasted chicken breast. It was so tough and had no taste and I returned it to the store. It was the first time I had tried the Deli since the takeover of Sunshine Foods. In all the years I had never received a bad piece of chicken from Sunshine Foods. I will not return for another at the HyVee store. Returned the unfinshed piece and got a refund. Please do something about the Deli as I have heard many complaints. If you wanted to do a takeover, then do things like the previous owner did.

• Me
    meredithpdeli Jan 21, 2011

HyVee sells no broasted chicken, only rotisserie chicken. Perhaps that is your problem; you may have gone to the wrong store by mistake.
    Additionally, if Sunshine Foods was so awesome, they might not have been bought by HyVee. Why should a conquering business take on a failing businesses practices? That's just silly.

HyVeeRude employee

There is a rude and obnoxious lady named Mona that works at the Hyvee in Fairmont, MN. My husband and I have had dealings with this person in the past. Recently she followed us inside the store and was almost on my heels following us outside the store to make sure we were out and we have done nothing wrong! This mater needs to be dealt with immedietly! We don't even like shopping at that Hyvee store anymore because of this rude person and we consider it harasment!

HyVeerude and slow checkout line

This HyVee store in Johnston needs to start having more open checkout lines. I was in there on a Friday afternoon and there was only 1 line open. Hello?! I was not about to wait for an hour for the 6 or 7 people who were ahead of me. So since there was only 1 person at the "12 items or less" so-called Quick Line, I just went there. Well, the female employee named Pat is one of those clerks who has to have full-blown personal converstations with every single person in her line. She kept talking and talking and I just waited and waited. Then, a couple of people came up who had only 1 item so of course, not being rude or selfish, I let them go ahead of me. And STILL, this Pat person kept on gabbing like they were all her long-lost friends. She even discussed a murder with one woman! I mean, a murder! I don't want to hear this garbage in a local grocery store! I asked her why there was only 1 check-out line besides hers open on a busy Friday afternoon and she ignored me. Ignored me! What? I'm not good enough for her to discuss a MURDER CASE with? Sheesh! Seriously!!! Then she gave me a very dirty look as I was leaving. Well, lady, if you don't want to work, just quit. If there are many customers trying to check out she should NOT be holding up the line with chit-chat to keep her line moving as slowly as possible. Get real. This store has the laziest people there. They talk too much and work too little. I am sick of it. I can only go there when it's slow. They need to hire new people who want to work.

• Fa
    False advertisment Jan 11, 2009

The Hy Vee food store has false advertising on tv for having a helpful smile in every isle! I was recently in our local store and needed to ask for the location of a product, but the employees there where too busy talking and joking to help me! Then when i was checking out i did not get a HI or Thank You after I had already I had told the clerk Thank You!!! This is the way it is almost everytime I shop there! I used to work at HyVee back in the early 80's and we always put our customers first with a smile! After today I will not be shopping at HyVee anymore, Because of this and because you have to carry your own groceries out yourself!

• Bo
    Boludo87 Apr 07, 2010

Big deal, you have to carry your groceries out yourself. Cry me a river, tubby.

• Th
    Thetruthhurts! Sep 01, 2010

"Ignored Me!" Like your gods gift or something. Have you ever thought that the cashier is a human too?! OH MY GOD!!! no way!! Maybe shes tired from working full time and supporting her family. You're probably some stay at home [censor] who thinks everyone should wait on her. You have NO idea what its like to work at a Hy-Vee. It's always customers like YOU who make us hate our jobs. Be the customer you wish you would have(that is if you ever got off your lazy [censor] and worked for a change). If you wanted to get through the line faster you should have not let people go before you. Employees are treated like [censor] by managers and customers at Hy-Vee. Sometimes they don't give you a break even though you have worked a 9 hour shift. So look in the mirror [censor].

• Sh
    Shari Coup Aug 18, 2011

Hyvee at Stock Yard plaza in Omaha Nebraska
    Pharmacy Complaint
    I went to Hyvee this morning at 9 am to have a prescription filled for my husband. First of all they said it would take 15 to 20 minutes for the script, which they did not have, so they called the Doctor and changed the medication without notifing me. While I sat and waited and never said a word to me. They called the Insurence and never told me the insurence did not cover the medication. I sat there and waited for an hour and a half, no one said a word. When I went up to pay for the prescription it was not the normal cost. So I took the prescription back and went to Walgreens.
    Guess what the prescription was covered by insurence and I paid my normal rate.
    I will never bring another prescription to that store again, they are unorganized and have no clue to hat they are doing. It sounds like they want only to screw people out of money and not try to get ahold of insurence.
    This is the last chance they will get, with me.
    [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices