Asset Recovery Association, Inc. Logo

Asset Recovery Association, Inc.

Having problems with Asset Recovery Association, Inc.?

9400 E. Iliff Ave., Suite 326

Thu12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun12:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Asset Recovery Association, Inc..

Complaints & Reviews

Asset Recovery Association, Inc.scam

On april 12, 2016 I received a phone call on my cell phone while at work from a woman calling from ara inc. The acronym was not stated, 'asset recovery associates.' I was unclear about the call and the debt she was calling about, (Which turned out to be 20 years ago and way past the statues of limitations.) this caused her to refer me to another person, jason massey a collection manager who told me I owed 20, 000 and that this call was a last ditch effort to collect before papers were to be served to take me to court. He asked if I received a letter stating this fact, and I said no, I did not receive any such letter. He argued with me and I still said no. He said we will negotiate this debt today and stop the litigation process against you and offer a reduced settlement payment of $5058.18. I explained that I do not have that kind of money and then he offered that I pay $490 now and on this phone call only, otherwise we are serving you papers for the full amount. You will need to pay the remaining balance of 4, 568.00 in two weeks. If I fail to meet his demands, I will owe the full 20k. He new my ss# my address, my previous address, my mortgage company, everything, and I was really scared and intimidated to a point of numbness, which is shocking to me now. He successfully hooked me. I was so caught off guard and my senses were not kicking in to stop the harassment and intimidation tactics and like an idiot I paid the $490.00. I learned later that the calls also came in that day on my 12 years phone three times and also calls to my work number. Two days later an urgent call comes in from this company asking me to call them back and then another message not more than an hour later, with a very condescending message, (Which I am keeping by the way). This was all before I new the extent of who these people are and the complaints and lawsuits against this company, I am now trying to recover my money and protect myself from further harassment. These people are tenacious, cruel, and completely unethical. Know your rights to stop these people. I honestly do not know how these people sleep at night. I want to thank others who posted complaints regarding this company, because without that information I would not have had the proper perspective on this company and their tactics to be able to stand up for my rights. Very unpleasant experience!!

Asset Recovery Associates Incattempting to use scare tactics to scam unsuspecting people into paying money to satisfy a bogus debt

12-30-14 someone identifying himself as william brice with asset recovery associates contacted my wife today and informed her that there was an outstanding debt from 2003 that she is still responsible for. The sketchy and minimal details that he provided her were not adequate at first glance in order for her to recognize whether or not she indeed had a debt from eleven years ago or not. He stated that the debt in the amount of $915.66 was with midland marine bank; which my wife has never heard of. He further stated that the accumulated amount with penalties and interest now exceeds $2, 900.00. He made her an offer to fulfill her obligation to midland marine bank in the amount of $503.61 by noon today or else.in exchange for paying the $500+, this would not be reported to any credit bureaus. She requested a certified letter and william advised her that they do not waste the $17 or $18 it costs to send out certified letters. These individuals that prey on the public do some research and wiliam is atleast accurate in that my wife did have some credit problems at this point in her life; which was before we were married. She and I worked hard to repair her credit rating since then and she has not had a reoccurance since then; as a matter of fact she has an excellent fico score. I know this company did not succeed in his attempt to steal from us but I am sure they do receive payment from a larger percentage of people. The fraud and attempt should be enought to make them serve time in order to convince them that this is not the correct way to make a living.

Christine Clapsaddle Aug 10, 2017

I received a phone call from these people TODAY - 8/10/17. I've read the many complaints and how this company has been reported. What bothers me is that the reports have not accomplished anything because they are still trying to scam people.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices