Asset AcceptanceAbstract of Judgement against me

About a year ago, I got a letter in the mail from a Law Firm in San Francisco called Peck & Ray, and inside stapled to the envelope was what appeared to be an official document from the court with a box checked default judgement.

I was the defendant and Asset Acceptance was the plaintiff.

First of all, I never received notice to appear in court, and it appeared the case was filed sometime in last year.

I wrote the lawyer, trying to validate the debt, but received a letter back saying that they had wrote a letter to me in September 2007 and my time to request to validate the debt had since expired. However, I could call her (the person's name was Carolyn Kennedy) and ask questions or make arrangements to pay the debt.

I wrote her back requesting documentation of this supposed contact that I'd already received. I never heard anything from them again until now.

Now I get a letter from the County of San Diego stating that an Abstract Judgement has been reached and a lien has been placed against me.
I thought I had the right to face my accusers...not be all of a sudden told that I have this pending judgement against me. As a matter of fact, I have never received anything from Asset Acceptance either, (well...during the summer of 2007 I did get quite a few 'robocall 'messages on my answering machine that were severely truncated and only gave me a portion of the telephone number, but didn't specify who was calling).

The thing is also, that this default judgement was filed in my city. So a summons should've been no problem to deliver to me.

The judgement was for the amount of $3157.83 and this lawsuit was supposedly filed sometime in 2007.

Since I was never given the opportunity to have the debt validated, I should be given this opportunity. I also have filed a complaint with Attys General in CA and MI.

The abstract of Judgement was represented by
Thomas M Ray
Peck & Ray
1841 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94103

• Go
    golath Jul 24, 2011

Most of these companies are scam artist and have been to court and have a judgment. We would not speak with the debt collector at all, the judge informed me he did not have to read my information on the debt company. I have checked since 08, nothing is at the court house. They buy these debts for pennies on the dollar and resell them over and over again. I had a company steal my I.D. and called the mortgage company to find out what we owed. Turn the compaines into Atty. Gen, in two states, federal gov't. I have again been summoned by another one, this company called our children out of state and threatened to send them to jail, etc. We must learn to fight these people and put them out of business. AS YOU SAY THEY MUST BE STOPPED.

• As
    Asset Acceptance Victim Jan 27, 2010

I would like to get with other victims of Asset Acceptance Asset and sue them!

Here is my story: it is 2010 and Asset Acceptance LLC has just stolen $5000 from my bank account. They claim it is from an old $900. visa from 1995. They severed someone with my last name in an other state. That person discarded the summons and Asset Acceptance automatically got a default judgment against me. They then used a Domestic Interstate Transference to transfer the judgment to the state of my residence and take the money plus 15years worth of interest from my account. They are cowards and crooks and they purposely sneak cases through courts without giving you the chance to fight it. Asset Acceptance knows that the only way to win is by default. You often need a lawyer to fight them which is so costly that most people just "give in to them".

I have learned that they constantly troll these blogs because they DO NOT want us to know about each other and they especially do not want us talking to one another. If you see any comments that support their tactics I can guarantee you it is just one of there "employee ### plants"

Organizing together is the key (just "Google" their name and you can see that they MUST be stopped)

I have no legal expertise I am just a another victim who is determined to stop them...I have created an email address just for this fight so feel free to write me at [email protected]

Victims and Lawyers interested in representing a Class Action case against Asset Acceptance are always welcome to email me.
    Sincerely Victim X.