APSrates

aps electric rates are outrageous. how can i say this, well 1/3 of my bill yes 33% or more is strictly fees. a nominal amount r federal regulatory fees. no most are aps fees for instance: 47.52 per month avg/570.24 per year to be given the gift of electric to your home lmao.
24.00 more per year to read your meter even though they do that electronically, to keep bill records 2.24 month/26.88 yr, metering not part of reading of the privilege of using their company 2.88 mth/34.56 so a GRAND TOTAL NON FEDERAL OR STATE FEES PER MTH AND YEAR ARE: DRUM ROLL PLEASE $54.00 MONTH/ $655.68 ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. especially since u r forced to use them and only them depending on the side of the street u r on. isnt that considered a monopoly. where is the fair competition that keeps companies from extorting their customers?

• Yo
    Yourmamaha Dec 04, 2016

I'm going solar my electric costs now will be 250 a month 420 years and then 0 after that two years ago that was not even possible because the technology was too new and too expensive do your homework and be careful who you choose because most companies are still greedy and even the solar companies want to make their money

• Yo
    Yourmamaha Dec 04, 2016

I'm tired of being raped every month by APS. Two years ago my monthly average bill was 175. Over the next several months we upgraded our home to make everything energy efficient. Appliances were replaced, a brand new air conditioner, new duct work, new insulation all throughout the Attic as well as the walls . New windows and doors and tile floors, hot water heater, variable speed pool pump, electrical wiring upgraded to be 2015 compliant throughout and I topped it off with a whole home surge protector. We quite literally upgraded everything in my home and everything is energy star efficient and yet here it is today my bill is 325 a month next year is estimated to be 420 to 450 a month because the Crooked Arizona Corporation Commission AKA APS approved yet another rape hike against our a######s.

I don't know about you but I'm tired of it. After several years of research I realize solar is the only way to go and APS knows this and they are scared. So they have new rules and fees and ways to screw anyone getting solar after June 2017. That is why today I finally got solar panels ordered to be grandfathered in to the current rules and fees that are set in place.

Here's how I finally came to my conclusion to go solar. You have to look at your electric bill as a second mortgage with a variable rate that you must pay every month for the rest of your lives if you want this power that they allow you to have. But the key is they have a variable rate that they can raise whenever the hell they want to because again the Arizona Corporation Commission is owned by APS why else would both of their names appear next to each other on every public filing or rule change or rate change or surcharge or this fee or this other one? I have had enough. I'm done. It is ridiculous that my surcharges fees and taxes outweigh the very product I am purchasing. My electricity total cost was 121 the remaining $224 is all fees that they feel compelled to charge to make up for the money they're losing 2 solar wind and any other alternative from that they provide. Most importantly the current trend in the last two years alone calculates that my electric bill be over $1, 000 in less than 8 years! We are going solar now. No matter how you look at it you're going to have an electric bill. Question is do you want to pay the man for the rest of your life and increasing amount every month or throw some solar panels on your roof and never have a electric bill again after 20 years? But you have to do it before June of 2017 or aps wins again

• Se
    seagoby Aug 26, 2013

forgot to add only used 180 that month in actual electricity but my bill with all the fees is 313.39. oh and the fee for privilege of service goes up depending on your electric usage. oh yeah. can u believe it gets higher!