Andersen Windows — Rotting wood in the windows
I spent a small fortune in 2000 with Andersen Windows on a new home built the same year. I just found [1/13/13] that 10 of the double hung windows in the home had rot on the inside wood-not the outside-all in the lower left corner of the lower sash. I contacted Andersen today to find out that the windows were manufactured in 1999 and therefore their warranty on the windows is only ten year-20 years on the glass- therefore there is no fix for these rotting windown other than to replace them at my cost. There seems to be a multitude of complaints ont he net about rotting Andersen windows and there is a law office out of California advertising for people to seek joing a class action lawsuit against Andersen for these windows. I have Andersen casement windows and they are not rotting and they work fine. The double hung windows are essentially junk and all in the same location. The other writings on the net indicate that the problem is how the window is constructed in allowing a water leak from the outside into the inside and therefore the rot occurring on the inside and not on the outside. The people at Andersen are polite but of no help.
More Andersen Windows Complaints & Reviews
- Andersen Windows - do not honor warranty!
- Andersen Corp - defective windows
- Serious Problems With Andersen Double Hung Vinyl Clad Windows - windows
- Andersen Windows - poor customer service
- Andersen Windows - warranty
- Andersen Windows & Doors - series 2500 storm door
- Anderson Windows and Doors - anderson storm door
- Andersen Windows & Doors - anderson 3000 series door
- Andersen Windows - quality
- Anderson Windows and Doors - not tdi compliant