ANC Award Notification Commission — fraud

I received mailings from "readers digest" to enter their drawing for a money prize.
I am already exclusively interested in the publisher's clearing house contest.
When I received entry notices for other contests, I discard them; as I did in the case of
Reader's digest. When I received this bogus notice I checked and there were others
Who blogged that this seems to be a total scam. I have the "shipment status advisory"
If someone needs to see a copy of it in order to prosecute... Let this not be confused
With the legitimate publisher's clearing house contest... Reader's digest appears
Desperate & tried to copy the procedure used by pch in their contests... It's so like pch
That, in a hurry, you would send them your card #, sign and pay the $12.99 for the
"elegant gold tone star and crystal pendant. From anc. Is anc a company name???
Carol every / florida

• Aq
    aquanda Dec 18, 2013

I received a letter from the ANC saying they needed to verify if I won and to call a 1800 number and send them 12.99. After I did that 3 weeks later I get 10 or more of the same type of letters all at once some from the same company. I know this has got to be a fraud I'm angry about this I wish there was a way to get back at the ones who did this. Things are already hard enough without wasting what little money I have on scams. The ANC letter looked kind of like the publishers clearing house letters and that's what I though it was. It's amazing to me some of the things people will do to rob you.

• Ca
    Carol Every Apr 17, 2011

CORRECTION: It is so like ANC not PCH to copy PCH's successful/honest Contest.
    Carol Every / Florida