Having problems with Amigo Energy?

Amigo Energy Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 469 2644 (Customer Service, English)
+1 713 881 8586 (Customer Service, Spanish)
+1 888 313 4747 (ONCOR Territory)
+1 800 332 7143 (CENTERPOINT Territory)
+1 888 866 7456 (TNMP Territory)
+1 866 223 8508 (AEP CP&L Territory)
+1 801 424 0018 (Head Office)
5521 Westheimer Rd, Suite 1000
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed
Mailing Address
PO Box 3607, Houston, TX 77253-3607

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Amigo Energy Customer Service. Initial Amigo Energy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Amigo Energy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Amigo Energy. Discuss the issues you have had with Amigo Energy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Amigo Energyripoff billing

Well, I got two bills for $350 for my home. The bill was for one month and I called to say they sent to different bills for the same month.
Nope I had to pay both bills.
I asked why so high and it turns out, its just a estimate bill and not from the meter.
The turds just guessed how much I owe and sent me two bills, the same amount to the same timeframe to the same house and I had to pay both of them.
I refused and I have no power.
I did complain and they just hung up on me. 'find someone else to powere your damn home."
Im warning you guys, dont do business with them theyre ###s.

• Ra
      Raul Nov 12, 2008

I ran into the same scheme about billing at an inflated rate after Hurricane IKE. I had to call CENTERPOINT to request actual meter reading. Two weeks later, I m still waiting. I changed service from AMIGO to another provider recently because of bad customer service. AMIGO ended up charging for the last two months before I got service from another provider.

AMAZING thing is that during the month I had electrcity with Amigo before IKE, my bill was lower than when I did not have electricity after Hurricane IKE. Imagine that. Today, an AMIGO representative I threaten me with legal action and used the scary tactic--referral to credit bureaus.

I told AMIGO representative I was willing to pay my bill as long I got an acutal meter reading done. Still waiting. AMIGO rep continued saying that my bill would be higher if I waited and that I really did not have option to wait. Today, AMIGO could offer me 20% discount off the inflated price when I did not have electricity. I said NO about ten times, but AMIGO rep persisited like a Kirby vacuum sales rep.
      It was take the deal now or Amigo is going to take legal action and make a referral to credit bureau. So much for name AMIGO. They dont stand for that.

I imagine Centerpoint is bombared with actual meter reading. As such, AMIGO is in a rush to offer deals to settle. They don't want to bill you for actual meter reading. Imagine that.
      DON'T BE FOOLED BY AMIGO; THEY SHOULD BE CALLED FOE.

Amigo Energynasty cust. svc, unless u pay threatens to cut power, fone lines longwait, untrained agts, no fax number

THE DAY PUC APPROVED AMIGO ENERGY'S LICENSE TO SELL -IS THE SADDEST DAY FOR US THE CONSUMERS ! THIS COMPANY NEVER LIVED UP TO ITS PROMISES, SENT SEVERAL EMAILS (10/14 & 10/14/08-UP TO DATE-ADVERTISED 24 HRS REPLYS
    LIE, WROTE THE CEO/NO REPLY, -HOW CAN A COMPANY LIKE THIS OPERATE & NOT PENALIZED W/PUC ? DUE TO HURRICANE IKE 'S DAMAGES SCREWED OUR BUDGET, AM ON FIXED INCOME
    HUSBAND BEEN OUT OF JOB FOR 22 MTS NOW.
    PLEADED FOR AN EXTENSION OR EVEN DEFFERED
    BILLING-ANSWER WAS A NASTY nO- WILL CUT THE
    POWER IF NO PAYMENT ASAP ? EMAILED A BLISTERING COMPLAINT TO PUC, PLS DO NOT RECOMMENT THIS COMPANY TO FAMILY/FRIENDS
    NOT EVEN UR WORST ENEMY. AM SO MAD & UPSET
    CAUSE DID NOT HAVE TIME TO CHOSE OTHER
    PROVIDERS DUE TO SHORT TIME, WAS W/ RIVERWAY-ANOTHER LOSER, SO PLS SPREAD THE
    WORD-THIS COMPANY HAS RUDE CUST AGTS, VERY
    SYMPATHETIC & UNCARING ..BBB & PUC HAD BEEN
    ALERTED, & HAVE FINISHED LETTER TO HOU CHRONICLE.

• Am
        amigosucksass Nov 18, 2008

So what else is new? They f**kers to begin with.

• Sh
        sherrie Feb 20, 2009

this company sucks so bad i never moved in the home service was suppose to go to and no one lives there and they are still try to charge me if anyone knows how we as ripped out consumers can do a class action lawsuit then i would gladly take part of the action seriously [email protected] hit me back if interested

• Ir
        irishgirl Mar 21, 2010

this company is bending hard working people over and screwing them hard! i am switching to another company ASAP! they need to be stopped.

Amigo Energy — illegal billing

Amigo energy is terrible. I do not know how they are in business.Not only, did they raise rates from .11 to...

Amigo Energyripp off

I purchased a house in dallas Jan 08' I have been living in California and payin a mortgage and rent until I was able to move here wtih my job. I get here Aug first to realize that my utilities have been changed from NPC to Amigo. I called amigo they say they sent me emails and called me but I never received any notification from them other then an oustanding invoice. They are charging me 24c a KWH!! $800 folks and I have'nt even been living in the house!! These guys will not get one red cent out of me. I switched to Star Tex 13c for 2 years and did the out of cysle reader so they can switch earlier. Amigo are gansters and I am reporting them to the Better Bruerau of Businesses and filing a complaint with PUC. How dare they those low down money grabbers!!!

Amigo Energy — npc customers scammed by amigo energy

If you're reading this chances are you were one of the thousands of former NPC customers switched over...

Amigo Power Company — outrageous charge

After I was switched to Amigo from National Power company they charged me an outrageous charge of .2469 per...

Amigo Energy electricity providerno bill, no access to bill on-line, lied to by employees

First someone came door-to-door in my neighborhood promising a lower rate than I had been getting with National Power Company. I signed up. Then when I hadn't received a call within 3 business days to confirm my change, I called Amigo Energy. I was told that I had already been switched from National Power Company because they went out of business and that my rate for that month was WAY, WAY more than the rate I had with National Power Company. They said they would put me on a lower fixed rate, and give me a $75.00 credit on my next bill. I was told that I would now be able to go online to pay my bill, since the account was now "set-up". I have not been able to "pay on-line", and have not received a written bill from the company. I have talked to several of their representatives and get a different story each time. I would like to pay my bill, have a choice in my company, and be able to choose the rates and not be "Blind-sided" by an outrageous bill that is at the HIGEST RATE in TEXAS!!!

Amigo Energy — breach of contract

Amazing - I have never seen such a ripoff - I tried like everyone else to get a bill or rate from Amigo...

Amigo Energy — amigo is ripoff

I just received my bill from Amigo Energy after being involuntarily switched from NPC. The first bill never...

Amigo Energy — overbilling

The company overbilled and lied about it. Amigo attempted a verbal settlement amount and when I demanded a...