Having problems with American Swiss?

American Swiss reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 16, 2008. The latest review Service was posted on Oct 16, 2021. The latest complaint Daniel klein watch was resolved on Apr 17, 2019. American Swiss has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 129 reviews. American Swiss has resolved 4 complaints.

American Swiss Customer Service Contacts

Stanley Lewis Centre, 340 Voortrekker Road
Parow East

Cape Town
South Africa - 7500,

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Swiss Customer Service. Initial American Swiss complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Swiss above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Swiss. Discuss the issues you have had with American Swiss and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

American Swiss Complaints & Reviews, Page 7

American Swissquotation

I took my chain and hand-chain into my local American Swiss store for repairs and was told that i would be contacted with a quotation within the week, of which i was and i was told that the repairs on my chain would cost me R220 and the hand-chain will cost me R140, of which I agreed to pay, a week later I am phoned again and told that my stuff is ready so when i go in store, I'm happy with the chain however the hand-chain did not have the link that the hand-chain required and was noted by the consultant on the slip that I was given when I handed in the repair, so I asked them to send it back to get fixed correctly the consultant advised that there would be a price increase of which I didnt agree with as i was quoted on the repair as it stood however i didn't not argue and acknowledge and advised her that she would need to call me first with a quotation before commencing the repairs as I have a budget, I am then called a few days later and told the price has changed to R328, of which I annoyed but still agreed. A week later I get no call about the progress etc so I went in store and was told that the hand-chain was still at the jeweler, 2 days later I receive a call and I am told that the hand chain is ready to be fetch and the cost is R467! Shocked I asked the consultant why and how she states that I was told this amount by another consultant of which I disagree obviously as I am not an idiot, i have written the quotes each and every time that I was given one, I told the consultant that I will not pay for the repairs as I didn't budget for it, she has the nerve to tell me to charge it to my American Swiss account? of which i don't have! to date it is 6 days later no one from the store has contacted me to sort out the issue. What do i do here with this unprofessional approach and under handed conduct?

American Swiss — quality return

A friend of mine bought me a watch description-Tempo LDS Classico watch to the value of R399 on Christma...

Mmabatho

Swiss American Jewelers — Fake diamond

I bought a ring from Swiss American Jewelers 20 years ago. A month ago my wife told that smth strange is with...

American Swiss Cape Gate Shopping Mall - Fossilfossil watch losing time

My wife bought me a fossil watch as a wedding gift on the 13/11/2010 and had it on on are wedding day, but it keep losing time, so we took it back to american swiss and they said it needed a general service, why does a brand new watch need a general service just after you bought it I dont know, well so we gave it in, I got it back 29/05/2011, never recieved a phone call from them, they said that they apparently phoned us, but neither me or my wife got a call and they had both are phone nr's, that to say we were t the gape gate centre and just asked if they got it back and yes they had the watch there so we received the watch on the 29/11/2011. I have put the watch on, and not even a day the watch started loosing time again. This is just not on, i'm the owner of the watch for 8 months and cant get the plesure of having it on, and using it to keep time, cause the damm watch cant keep time. So if I take it back again I will have to wait another month of 2 to get it back then we almost talking about a year !!! Can someone please assist me in getting my watch right or they musy just give my money back so I can go buy somewhere else!!! My name is ruan and contact nr [protected]

• Up
        Upset 107 Oct 24, 2018

I'm experiencing the very same problem with a Fossil watch from the American Swiss in Eastgate. I've never been this ill treated in my life.

I am frustrated and hopeless. I genuinely feel like I've just shredded my money.

American Swiss — quality of diamonds are very very bad

Bought a tanzanite ring at American Swiss Cresta on 4 April 2010, sent it in for resizing went to collect on...

American Swissno watch received after numerous inquiries

I handed in my CK watch for the glass face to be repaired and had to wait 15min for the info to be processed. I then left with confirmation that my watch will be sent off to JHB and I will receive a quote within 12 weeks. Obviously there seems to be a substantial difference in time from the normal worl and American Swiss. They quoted me an estimated amount of R4500.00 to have the glass face repaired. I had the watched priced and a new one, yes a NEW ONE will cost me approxamately the same amount. I have enquired on five different occasions when my watch would be returned to me and ironically I have been informed that someone would contact me - I am still waiting! I went to enquire in store on the 13th of March 2010 and was informed that there was no record of my watch. The lady who assisted me said that the only watch they had, had been there since 2009. Lo and behold, when the package was opened on my requests, it matched my description to a T. The service assistant informed me that I could not have the watch. I politely asked for her to inform a manager of the situation and to please call me within 2 hours - STILL NO CALL. lawyer has been called as I expect no feedback from AS.

American Swissunprofessional and amateurish company

For the least year, American swiss agents have been phoning me almost weekly to sell some kind of airtime. Every time I inform them that I'm not interest and they should stop spamming me. This Friday they phoned me again and I'm so irritated I want to close my account with them. I tried to inform them on their sloppy web site but this it breaks as soon as I wanted to submit my comments. This SO unprofessional and amateurish.

American Swiss — default product

American Swiss - Fossilfossil guarantee

I received a fossil watch for my wedding aniversary, bought on 15/02/2006, from asj in cape gate. Comes with this wonderfull guarantee... Yaa. Watch loses time, and went back for repairs twice. Fist in december 2007, on wich american swiss said that fossil is closed for christmas. Received watch on 13/02/2008. 14/02/2008, again losing time and I phone them. Took back to shop on 22/02/2008. Sent back to fossil again!!! Received 14/04/2008. Not working!!! I have spoken to 4 different people with regards to the problem: cashier venitia, cashier jennefer, area manageres evelyn louw, and a gentleman called martin. Best of all, they now make me out to be in the wrong. I must take the watch to the shop, were they will keep it for 24 hours to see if my complaints is legit!!! I've had it with fossil and american swiss. What can I do?

• Za
              Zandile10 Nov 12, 2018

I bought a wedding band for my Husband in Pmb churchstr on10/12/2016, due to sizing problem they refer me the other branches, I went to Durban to do an exchange, I found one, it was silver I pay R2000 for it, the problem now is that within the short space of time the colour of it its coming out.

• Ce
              cellars Oct 22, 2018

I am not happy with my purchase want to change the phone i bought...Today i went there nd told me they dnt do exchanges well i wsnt informed when i bought it.These things should be discussed and im very dissspointed for wht i heard...Is there aniway u can assist me in this matter...I feel that they jst wanted to make sale for the day...chantelle

Mark Beukes Sep 03, 2008

It will be highly appreciated if a senior person of American Swiss can contact me so that this incident can be sorted out before it gets out of hand.

Mark Beukes Sep 03, 2008

I bought a 9ct Twinsets wedding ring for my wife on the 27th Aug 2008 for the price of R3750 cash. It was about 5min before closing time so we as well as the sales lady of the shop was in a hurry. My wife just fitted the ring in the shop and placed it bach in its holder and we went home. She only took it out the next day to show it to her friend and that was the time when she saw that one band was missing as well as a diamond stone on one of the bands. She didn't wanted to wear them until the Sunday of the 7th Sep when they would have been blessed by our Pastor.When I went back to the shop the 29th of Aug, the sales lady phoned the regional manager a guy by the name of David who wasn't very helpfull at all. I decided to phone his boss, a lady by the name of Nicole who also wasn't very helpfull. She promissed to get back to me on the 1st of Sep 08, but she never did. When I phoned her the 2nd Sep 08, she said that I had to wait because she was still trying to sort someting out for me. All I want at this stage is my money back so that I can go to another dealer, because I feel that I wasn't treated as a customer. That is a lot of money for somebody like myself that is unemployed.