American Signaturepoor customer relations and very poor quality furniture

I purchased a living room set and a kitchen set. The living room set came in and I found a men's nose hair trimmer in the couch. After further inspection I found all kinds of dirt (food, hair, etc) in the cracks of the furniture. This was suppsose to be NEW furniture. It turns out they claim it was the floor model. The kitchen set chairs have been returned twice due to nicks and scrapes and overall poor condition. They also wobble when you sit on them. I will never buy furniture from this company again, and I highly recommend you go elsewhere for your purchase. Leaqrn from my experience.

• Valerie Aug 05, 2008

I purchased a dinning room set on March 2, 2017. It came in damaged. Every piece of furniture was damaged. The chairs, table, the glass on the hutch was scatched, the glass shelves to the hutch were all broken and there were missing clips to hold the shelves in place. After 4 phones they sceduled a service guy to come out two weeks. He fixed the chairs but said everything else had to go back to the shop. After many calls back and forth and many appointments(in 2 wk period);they were out here three times to exchange the damaged furniture and everytime the furniture was damaged again!and again! No missing shelves or clips were brought. I decieded that I wanted this furniture replaced because of all the damaged. I finally had enough and told them that I wanted the furniture pick-up. This is unacceptable to any customer. After all it supposed be new furniture and I paid top dollar for it.(cash) I took off 4 days from work to be home and I'm the one who was always calling them. Well between March and April, the problem is still not solved. I want my money back as soon as possible. Today is May 2nd and they are schedule to come and pick it up everything between 9:00-12:00. It is 11:45 and they still are not here. I guess I have to call again. Their customer service department is terrible!They schedule you and don't show up or show up with damaged furniture, missing pieces. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

• Sc
    scbskydvr Oct 23, 2008

The complaint I have is not about the furniture at all. My complaint is about the delivery services of this company. I asked the salesman if there were any boundaries mileage wise about delivery---obviously the response was no. Then he told me that my order would be filled out of a different store because they don't deliver that far away(45 miles). After being called less than 24 hours away from my delivery and saying that it would be between 1-4PM. When I called to ask if there was anyway it could be moved up due to wrong info given to me at the purchasing store, the manager talked to the driver and after quite a while of talking back and forth, he called and said that since they would be passing near where I live, they could deliver earlier than scheduled. Well, today the delivery driver forgot! If you can't pick up your order, do not get delivery service from this company!!!

• Ro
    Robertv Sep 01, 2009

Paid two thousand dollars for sectional and two of the four recliner stopped withing within a year arm is completely fall off side of recliner.Other side starting to fall off.Only have had for two years what a piece of junk we never buy there furniture again it came from Value City.

• Ev
    ev9759 Feb 07, 2010

To whom this may concern, I am writing because I made purchase from your store at number 135, Roosevelt Boulevard in October. I purchased an Entertain System called Wall-Merlot. It was $1500, It was supposed to be delivered a day before thanksgiving, only one piece came. I had gone back to the store and complained. The people at the desk were very rude. Then I spoke to manager Mr. Murphy and O.J, and told them what the problem was. So they gave me Store credit for $100 on gift card for their inconvience. It was then suppose to come next week, no one ever came nor called me back, So I went back to the store again 2nd time. Same people I had spoken to, they said It had to come from Baltimore and they gave me another $120 gift card. They said it was coming next week, So then when it came, it was old and damage, they brought floor piece. It was not what I "Had ordered"!.. I ordered NEW furniture. I went back again for 3rd time and complained. I Spoke to the same people. They apologized and gave more gift cards for the inconvience again and promised it would come the next week. Not to mention service was HORRIBLE!!- Three weeks later I still did not recieve anything and finally I called and said they no longer had it in stock. So all the gifts cards the store Manager had given me where basically charged to my credit card. Which Is "illegal", I did not give any authorization to do so and It was suppose to be "Store credit" from them for all the hastle they put me through. They should had been straight forward and just said it was not in stock. The service was horrible and rude and very unprofessional. They should had never asked for the gift cards back neither. I would much appreciate it If I could get a response to this letter. I would like to see if any of your employers actually care about your customers. Not to mention I will never step foot nor purchase a single item again. I had never delt with this kind of poor service ever... You need to have real employers who know how to deal with customers. I do have ALL the receipts to prove the merchandise that I have purchased.
    Elena Scicchitano

• Gr
    GRSwaney Apr 01, 2010

We bought a large mirror ( Faceted Mirror) for our living room. It has small mirror tiles around all the edges. After making mounting holes in the wall we hung the mirror. Thats when we noticed a cracked tile. I called the store and they had a floor unit for replacement. I reboxed the defective mirror and returned it to the store for a second one. After getting it home we found a cracked tile in it also. The tiles seem to only be glued in the middle and not around the edges so if any tile is touched on the edges they will probably crack also.

I am so physically tired from fighting this heavy mirror that we will probably just live with it. If we were to get another it would have the same issues and the store said they would charge $79 if they were to bring another out and I was told that they would only deliver it and not help in anyway to hang it.

We are very dissapointed in the quality and lack of any assistance other than rolling the items to the pickup door.

Comments

• Es
    Esquire92 Sep 14, 2010

I agree...the furniture they are selling is horrible! They have to constantly send out "furniture technicians" to repair supposedly brand new furniture! This is such a scam!

• Lp
    lpadron Feb 16, 2011

I was at your store on Sunday Feb 13, 2017 I was very disapointed with the service I recieved. My nephew and I bought a recliner and we ask the sales person if we coud take it home he said measure the trunk and see if it fits I measured and I taught it fit when I came back to ask him for a hand truck he was not there I guess he made the sales that is all that mannered so I ask another salesman to get me a hand truck and he said that service did not work. All I wanted was a hand truck finally we had him paged he did not smile and at that I told my nephew lets give him the sale because he asked us first because I went to another store to compare prices so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. When I went to put it in the car it did not fit I taught ok if it doesn't fit I taught I will put it on the roof of the car and take it home. He said something smart and he walked away . My thing is he did not offer a suggestion did not even give us a piece of plastic so the we could accomplish our task. I had to improvise because he was to delicate to help. Unforunately, I would not recommend this store because the service was lousy the attitude is not good and the disposition has a lot to be desired. Hopefully you will your people better customer service. I would appreciaate a reply,

• Mi
    MIke Peitz Sep 25, 2012

I bought a living room outfit last august. i wanted to buy a second accent chair after we paid the initial purchase off. but know it has been discontinued. which make no sense to me. because it was the newest. it was american signature berkshire chair. pls let me know

• Ti
    Tina58 Feb 13, 2014

2/13/14 Today I will be donating my leather couch and chair that I've only had for 4 years from the American Signature on North Dale Mabry in Tampa Fl.. I have a 7 year warranty that they failed to back up. The couch started tearing after the first year and Uniters sent people out
    3 times to spray paint the tearing. That would last about 6 moos and then paint would peel. Uniters said they would not cover peeling? Really the peeling form their own spray paint repair? After they refused to come out any longer I asked for the rest of the warranty money back and they said no. Never will I buy from American Signature and never again will I purchase a warranty on any furniture.
    What a waste of money and time with these people. Communicated with the the store manager for 3 mos and she did nothing!

• Po
    powatch Sep 17, 2014

Very poor quality leather furniture. We paid $995 for a
    leather chair and a half. and found out it was only bonded
    leather when it all started flaking off and was no longer
    under warranty