American Signature Furnitureking size mattress

I bought, in Feb. 2008, a brand new king size bed and mattress. My husband and I were very excited. A few months later the side rail on the bed broke and needed to be replaced. I called and talked to service. At the time, I was told that it was a manufacture's defect and it was replaced. We're now in June of 2009 and I have a big dip in the mattress where you actually can feel the springs. The dip is the shape of my husband because it is his side of the bed. I called American Signature, explained the situation and a service man came out to look and take pictures. That was June 15th. I was never given a call back about the mattress. I stopped by today, July 25th, and was told that because there is a stain on the mattress, it is not under warranty. I was completely embarassed and very angry. What does a stain have to do with a huge defect in the mattress. I refuse to buy another mattress. We spent about $800 on the mattress and box spring alone.
Now, my husband will have uncomfortable nights of sleep, and not to mention back pain. We don't want to send it back because of stains. We want to replace it because of the broken springs. What does the stain have to do with the 25 year guarantee of the springs?

• To
    Tom Ryan Dec 16, 2008

Bought and paid for a piece of furniture with promised pick up date of a Tuesday. When I showed up there was no furniture and no delivery date, just estimations. This show's a complete lack of regard for the consumer and I will never shop this furniture store again.

• Sn
    snailboat Jan 16, 2009

I bought a bedroom suit from them in January of 2007. I picked it all up myself and packed it all home. When I unwrapped everything it all looked terrific. Then I noticed the cracked cross member. It was ruined. I called to speak to someone that very second and was put on hold and put off for 3 days straight. Finally after yelling alot I got someone to tell me that since I picked up the furniture myself it was not insured and they were unable to help me. No one ever told me that! All they said was that I should have opened all the furniture up at the store. How was I to pack it home had I done that? That wasn't their problem-so I was told. I have told all I know to steer clear of these snakes!

johndharris Feb 14, 2009

bought a new mattress on 9/08 the matress is falling apart/the store manager was rude when i complained and now i am sitting here waiting for my replacement to come and its way past the time they set up for me.

Iwill make it known to whoever will listen to stay away from that dump!!!

• Le
    Lexxi Aug 27, 2009

I have had this exact thing happen at another store and thought it was a proposterous policy. However, its not the stores policy its the state policy regarding soiled mattresses. I actually had a memory foam mattress, the one if you jump on one side the drink on the other side won't spill. I explained if the mattress wasn't defective then the drink stain wouldn't be there. On defective mattresses they can not fix them, they have to replace it. So luckely for me after they realized I wasn't going to back down and was willing to get the media and attorney involved (my mattress cost $1500) they came took the other one away and replaced it. Maybe you should try the same thing. My entire house is furnished by American signature and I don't have any problems it.

• Pb
    P. BRASSELL Jan 26, 2011

WARNING NEVER BUY ANTHING FOR AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE!!!
    I PURCHASED A DINING ROOM TABLE IN JULY 2010 A CHAIR BROKE IN NOVEMBER 2010 I HAVE BEEEN CALLING TO GET THE CHAIR REPAIRED EVERYTIME ITS A DIFFERENT DATE AND NEVER SHOW UP THE STORE MANAGER IS A LIAR.
    P. BRASSELL

• Ac
    AClayton Jan 31, 2011

We purchased a couch from American Signature but the customer service was so horrible when attempting to set up delivery we told them to keep it and we got a refund! We will never use this company again!!!

• De
    derbie Apr 08, 2015

I bought my mattress set in 2009 and a year later it started to sag in the middle, they came out with a little string to measure the sag but it wasn't deep enough to be replace for them, that was in 2011, so in 2013 I called again about the same problem, well this person ask me about a board under the box springs, and I said what board, he said it should have been one under the box spring, he's a liar. my warranty says there should be a board under the king size, so when I called this 2015 for them to come out and see the ruffles and sags and feel the spring the fabric slipping, they told me that he said in 2013 that because I didn't have a board under the box, that improper use of the mattress and cancel my warranty which I didn't know that he said that until this year. I paid over 500.00 for this mattress set at value city, and suggest that you don't buy from them or American signature. I have a 17yrs warranty which means NOTHING, if the mattress started to fall in with a 1yr, they should keep their WORD. What would a board do for the lumpy, sagging and springy bed, not a damn thing, and the box spring is not sagging.