Menu

complaints

American Home Contractors Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
2 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with American Home Contractors at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for American Home Contractors has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of American Home Contractors. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

American Home Contractors complaints 2

Sort by:

Newest American Home Contractors complaints

ComplaintsBoard
P
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Home Contractors Advertisemet stated cost of Premium Roof Tuneup will be $149

Advertisemet stated cost of Premium Roof Tuneup will be $149. On appointment day (after waiting two moths) they said it will cost $298. I called American Home Contractors in Mid October to get an appointment for their Premium Roof Tune-up for $149 as advertised. They asked me three questions: 1. How high is the roof (# of stories)?---- I told them is 3 stories 2. Do you have a deck on second floor and can they use it?---I said yes 3. Is the roof steep? --- I told them it is They gave me an appointment on Nov 20, 2020. We dwere out of town and traelled back 125 mile for the appointment. They cancelled the appointment since it was a rainy day. The next available appointment was on Jan 4, 2021. I took it. On the day of the appointment two hours prior to the appointment a technician called me and told that it would cost $298 (double the advertised amount) to get the work done because our roof was steep. I complained to their office. Ms. Cassandra looked up the information and said, I will talk to our Head person and will call you to see what we can do. I even offered to give an additional $25 more than the advertised price of $149.. She did not call back. I called back the same day. Ms Samantha told me that Ms. Cassandra left for the day at 3PM. Next day morning I called again. They routed me to Ms. Cassandra's voice mail. No one wants to talk to me. This is not acceptable for a good business model. I need the roof work done at the advertised price. They could have told me in October that they did not intent to do the job. They cost me two months of time with a roof that I depended on them to fix.

Read full review of American Home Contractors
Hide full review
ComplaintsBoard
P
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Home Contractors The company did a roof repair job to stop two leaks

The company did a roof repair job to stop two leaks. The original leaks have remained after completion of the work. The company did a roof tune up for me and recommended additional work to address two leaks. I signed a contract on 5.11.19 and the work was completed sometime in July the same year. The contracting agent was James Smith. I have paid the full amount for the work that recommended. Despite the completion of the work and full payment the leaks continue in the exact spot that was to be addressed by the work contracted for with Mr. Smith. I have called repeatedly in an effort to address the concern about the work. No remedial action has been offered or taken. In March this year a worker from the company came to assess my complaint and promised to get back to me with a suggested course of action. I never heard from him again. After repeatedly calling again and after multiple promises to address the situation, I received a call from gentleman named Nick from the company on 9.11.20. Nick promised to send someone out within a week. Roughly a week or so thereafter, a worker came by and looked at the areas of the leak. I have not heard from Nick since that initial call. After additional phone calls last week, I was contacted by another individual from American Home Contractors and he indicated that he would be investigating the matter. I have not heard from that individual as well. I am confident that the source of the continuing leak is the product of either 1) erroneous diagnosis of the original problem and the draft of a contract that simply failed to address the original problem, or 2) the diagnosis was accurate but the craftsmanship was poor and did not address the initial problem. I reach these conclusions regarding the source and cause of the ongoing problem because the leaks that I am experiencing now are in the exact same location as the original leaks that American Home was hired to address.

Read full review of American Home Contractors
Hide full review

Is American Home Contractors legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals American Home Contractors as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, American Home Contractors stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering American Home Contractors should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

American Home Contractors earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: American Home Contractors achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for American Home Contractors. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and email, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

American Home Contractors has received 15 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

American Home Contractors has registered the domain name for americanhomecontractors.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Americanhomecontractors.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows American Home Contractors website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Americanhomecontractors.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Americanhomecontractors.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with American Home Contractors, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

A trust mark has been identified for a americanhomecontractors.com, but it is important to verify the trust mark and its source to ensure that it is legitimate. Ensure that the trust mark is genuine by clicking on it and verifying its authenticity through the issuing organization's website.

Americanhomecontractors.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• No reviews for americanhomecontractors.com on popular sites. Be cautious and do additional research. Look for information about the American Home Contractors and be careful with personal information or transactions.
  • Americanhomecontractors.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The americanhomecontractors.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • American Home Contractors protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

Overview of American Home Contractors customer experience

American Home Contractors (americanhomecontractors.com) has been plagued with numerous consumer complaints, highlighting several concerning issues. Customers have expressed dissatisfaction with the company's poor workmanship, citing shoddy construction and subpar materials used in their projects. Many have reported experiencing delays in project completion, causing inconvenience and frustration. Additionally, there have been complaints regarding unprofessional behavior from the company's staff, including rude and dismissive customer service. Furthermore, American Home Contractors has been accused of overcharging customers and failing to honor agreed-upon pricing. These negative aspects raise serious concerns about the company's reliability and quality of service.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

American Home Contractors contacts