American Furniture Warehousemattress/afw does not follow manufacturer's warranty

K

I purchased top of the line Sealy mattress set 15 months ago from AFW in Grand Junction, CO. It has a 10 year warranty. After submitting a claim with AFW, they sent someone out to inspect it. I received a letter that states that because it has a stain, it voids the manufacturer warranty. This stain is on the very edge of the mattress and occurred because my window was open when my sprinklers came on. Now when I called, they informed me that it was out of their control and that the decision was based on the manufacturer warranty. I was also informed that they couldn't monitor if the customer was provided the warranty information.

So with that, I researched Sealy's website for warranty information. Sealy states clearly that if the mattress structure damage is not a result of abuse (stains, rips, tears, burns, etc.) that it is covered by the standard warranty. I have an email from AFW's customer service director that states that the stain did not cause the structure damage but yet still no resolution to this issue.

BUYER BEWARE!!! AFW has very sketchy business practices. They do not provide their customers with manufacturer warranty information and they do not follow the manufacturer warranty guidelines.

mattress/afw does not follow manufacturer's warranty

RESOLVED

I submitted an updated new complaint with further information. This has not been resolved through AFW but needed to provided the updated information in this process.

• American Furniture Warehouse [AFW]'s response · Jan 25, 2018

The information in the complaint is incomplete however we do not feel that inclosing why the claim was denied publicly is within our ethic or consumer privacy practices. We are happy for this customer that the manufacture has worked with the customer to support their manufacture's warranty. AFW