ALW Sourcing15 year old bill?

N

My parents have been receiving harrasing phone calls from this company, approx every other day.
I called the toll free number to let them know I don't live with my parents & gave them my phone number.
The person on the phone informed me that the collection was for a medical bill from 1993¿?
I said there was no such bill on any of my credit reports & he informed me there was one.
I just downloaded my credit report From Equifax, Experian & Transunion...no such bill appears on any of them.
Why is this company being allowed to operate within the US???????????????

• Tm
    tmbstne284 Apr 16, 2011

this company keeps calling me about a debt for someone i've never even heard of so i looked them on the bbb's website and thisis what it said about them...

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-review ... 8#ratingdetails
    Caller: alw sourcing
    Call Type: Debt Collector

• Ko
    Kosova813 Mar 15, 2011

I keep receiving calls for an Evelyn Blunt. There has never been an Evelyn Blunt living here. They keep waking me up at 8am every morning like an Alarm Clock that never turns off. I've called and made them aware that no such person is at this number and regardless they continue to persist.

• Sr
    S. Romero Nov 17, 2010

Same scenario. Received an envelope at my PO Box w/a similar name as mine, opened it and found minimal info. Since it was Friday night, I had all weekend long to search the internet for this company, the supposed creditor, and look through all my credit reports dating back to 1998--nothing. So, come Monday, I call ALW, get a woman who doesn't even ask for the account number and asks me if I'm one of two people. She starts blurting out numbers (83, 84, 85, 86, 87), I'm having a hard enough time following her up to this point, ask if these are years, she says yes. Since my mind is now whirling, I ask how they could be collecting on something going back this far. Long story short, since I had done my homework, I asked for the Identity Theft/Fraud dept., they had none. By law they should. So I ask for a supervisor, she states his name/ext. and transfers me. I get his voicemail, leave limited info, not including my phone number, and simply state this is not me, contact me via mail. I then contact the Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General's Office, and Assn. of Collectors and file reports against this company. Turns out that collection agencies are no longer regulated--thus all the harassments, threats, and non-compliance (adhering to the laws). DO YOUR PART AND CONTACT YOUR STATE SENATOR TO GET THE "COLLECTION AGENCY PROGRAM" REINSTATED. By the way, ALW Sourcing, LLC has 41 complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau.

• Ss
    ssheller Jul 30, 2010

Just got off the phone with ALW sourcing [protected]) I told them that my accounts were past the statute of limitations time period and that I would like to them to cease all communication with me. They were actually very nice and said that they would comply. So, I guess only time will tell. If this doesn't work I'll have to file a complaint with the federal trade commission...

• Ra
    Rahbird Jun 10, 2010

Try this call this number and harrass them, [protected] or hell burn there fax machine out by faxing [protected] I called and the consistency between operators was not at all "consistent" I had one ask for my SS# one told me all my bills I owed without even asking if it was me and another asked what number I was calling from. WOW WHAT IDIOTS !

• Mu
    Muchlove Dec 02, 2009

DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING THEY ARE A FRAUD. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT PLEASE FILE IT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION TO STOP THERE FRADULENT BEHAVIOR. [protected].

• La
    Larry May 08, 2009

ALW sourcing has harassed me for about 6 months now about an invalid 15 year old debt. From what I read on other sites this is their standard practice. They buy old debts considered noncollectable for mere pennies on the dollar and then harass the alleged debtor until the debtor slips up and somehow acknowledges the debt. Then they reinstate the debt as if it were a new debt and alter your credit account accordingly. This allows the statute of limitations to begin over again as if you just defaulted on the debt. If they collect even a small portion of the debts they claim to have owed to them it is a profitable venture. NEVER pay ALW sourcing, NEVER respond to ALW sourcing. They are nothing more than unscrupulous thieving opportunists. Sending a cease communication stating they are in violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act is probably the only way to get them to stop.

• Su
    sue keast Apr 18, 2009

I just got 3 letters from this company for a total of about 25, 000. I have no knowledge of any of this, and neither does experion. ( I ran my credit report recently). One of the creditors, it says, is Wells Fargo. I had an account with them, and you would think that Wells Fargo would have said something. The other 2 are supposedly BofA accounts, and I haven't banked with them in years.. (I didn't owe them money either...

Kind of weird... but what a scam.. ppl are probably going to pay the 25% that they are asking for before researching them.. Not me..

• Gi
    Gina Dwyer Mar 06, 2009

My sister received a statement (in her maiden name of over 40 years ago!) from ALW Sourcing, LLC saying she owed $15, 000+ from some VISA acct. 15 years old. She and her husband have been missionaries in Ukraine for 14 years and this company said they would settle this account for JUST $3, 260 OR SO $...IF they sent it within 1 week. She sensed they were a scam and all these sites that are listed with all these complaints have confirmed the fact. THANK YOU for your listings and taking a terrific load off us all. They even refused to phone Ukraine to speak with her and had me make a conference call to make the claim.
    May we each praise the Lord for binding us together in making the TRUTH known about these scammers!

• Le
    lee Jan 21, 2009

I got a letter said I owed 3600.00 from a 1982 credit card that I never had.Let everyone said ###

• Mi
    Michelle Gutierrez Nov 18, 2008

FYI for those unsolicited phone calls that wont stop calling:
    Buy yourself a high pitch whistle, it works, it really does.
    Good luck to all

• La
    Laurie Nov 17, 2008

STAY OFF THE PHONE- NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH DEBT COLLECTORS !

Probably past Statute of Limitations - no longer legally collectable. send them a cease communications stating they are in Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

The debt is beyond Statute of Limitations