AltaMed Health Services Corporationtelephone service representatives notes

M Dec 20, 2019

I am a caregiver for my father who is deaf and unable to communicate via phone. I have submitted paperwork for power of attorney and appointment of representative forms to AltaMed three times total - 2 by fax, 1 by mail. Every single time I call the representative tells me they cannot see these documents therefore cannot give me any information or answer my questions. I am very very disappointed in AltaMed's lack of organization, kindness, and respect for their patients and caregivers time and efforts. I have just called AltaMed to get information on one of my father's authorizations and the phone service representative tells me she "does not see documentation for an appointment of representative or power of attorney in the notes" and that she "cannot open the file or disclose any information" to me. I have submitted these documents three times. The effort of having to find a fax machine, or a mail box, or even have my father sign the form again, is unnecessarily burdensome on an already burdened patient and family. Caregiving is an extremely sensitive duty that requires time, patience, kindness, and forgiveness. AltaMed I am in disgust of the lack of respect you have for my time - you have ran my patience and I am remaining kind but not forgiving for your behavior and lack of organization and communication within your company.

I ask that you please find the appointment of representative documents I faxed you all. One of them was faxed on 10/25/19 at 11:27 AM.

Regards,