Menu

E
Author of the complaint
9:38 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was recently rear ended by a guy with Allstate insurance. At the time of the accident he gave me all of his information and said he would be taking care of everything through his insurance company. I took the information and filed a claim with both his and my own insurance carrier. Allstate has been trying to reach him to get a statement to proceed with paying the claim and he has not responded to any of their letters, disconnected all phone numbers, and changed jobs so that they can not get in contact with him. They have told me that because he has not responded that there is nothing that they can do and that they are going to deny my claim. It does not seem fair to me that somebody can hit you and then simply not respond to their insurance company once a claim is filed and get away with it like it never happened which is basically what they are telling me. They are making no effort to find him and have told me to use my own insurance plan of which I have a high deductible I do not think I should have to pay when I am not even at fault. Is there anything that can be done to make them do something? Shouldn't he be at least be dropped by the carrier if he chooses not to respond to an accident claim filed? This seems like Insurance fraud to me. Can they get away with this?

0 comments