Allied Interstate Logo

Allied Interstate

Having problems with Allied Interstate?

P.O. Box 361477
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Unsolicited phone calls

I have been getting calls from allied interstate and have just ignored the message assuming it was from a...

Terrible experience

Allied Interstate has been calling my cell phone number and then hanging up when I would answer. I used my home phone and called the number that showed on my cell phone. After pushing English button a man came on the phone. I said some one called my cell phone from this number. He wanted to know what my number was and I said not before you tell me who you are. He said this is Allied Interstate. I said okay I would like to speak to your complaints department. He said we don't have one. I wasn't surprised. He then went into trying to collect data from me. I said thank you and hung up. They weren't interested in helping me so why should I help them.

• Valerie Jun 12, 2008

How can I get Allied Interstate to STOP calling my home? I am very ill and was told by my doctors to rest and sleep as much as I can. What I joke that statement has turned into the past at least month now if not longer. Since sometime around mid April I have been receiving calls from 6:45am est to 9:30pm est from Allied Interstate. I mostly get a recording telling to me dial a 1-800 number it is urgent they talk with me.

After about the 5th day of getting woke up at all times of the day I called the number. I was told the call was recorded for training reasons and Henery asked me for my phone number. I gave it to him and he asked me was I someone I never heard of. I told him no I was not that I had just got the phone number the month prior. He said no troubles he will take my number out the system. What a LIE that turned out to be.

I now receive 5 to 7 calls a day starting like clock work at 6:45am and can go on all day long into the very late evening. I have called these people many, many times asking them to please STOP calling that I was NOT who they are looking for. I got a laugh and was told yah right lady and I am the easter bunny.I was also told the calls will not stop till I pay my bill. IT is NOT my Bill I screamed out of frustration and hung up.

Yesterday I was at my wits end not knowing what to do so I decided turn about was fair play. I called them idiots every 10 minutes on the minute asking for someone who didn't exist. I could tell by the 25th call that I made they were getting upset. By the 40th phone call I placed I asked them how they liked being bothered. I promised them if I receive a call tomorrow morning I will start all over yet again.

I am to ill to be playing games with a bunch of idiots that can not confirm a telephone number actually still belongs to the person they are looking for. Sad to say they are such idiots they cant seem to call people themselves. I get a tapped voice morning wake up call every day and its getting to the point where I want to pull my phone out the wall. People say take the phone off the hook. Well my medical condition I can not do that. My phone HAS to remain working and on the hook 24 hours a day. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why these people are allowed to bother people they are not even looking for? Better yet PLEASE tell me how to make it all STOP!!!

• Valerie Jun 12, 2008

I have been getting wake up calls from Allied Interstate between 6:45am est and 7:20am est. They call me at least 5 times a day EVERYDAY. They are looking for someone who used to have this phone number before me. I have just got this number in Feb 2008 and DO NOT know the person who had it before me. I have been real polite to these people the first 25 calls they made to my home.

I try my best to explain to these people I am NOT who they are looking for. I also explain to them I have Astrosytomas (brain cancer) and need my rest to please STOP the calls to my home waking me up. They tell me till I pay a bill which by the way is not mine the calls will NOT stop. This morning I have had enough. I took the 1-800-444-9927 telephone number off my caller ID and continued to harass them in the same way they have me the past month.

I called them people every 10 minutes or less asking them for people who don't exist. I know it didn't do any good to do it but it sure made me feel better and I could tell after the first 3 hours of me doing it they to were getting as upset as I am about their calls to my home. I swear if they wake me up tomorrow morning I will continue to harass them as mush as they do me. It is putting a physical stress on me by them waking me up looking for someone who don't live here.

I am not looking for pity because I have cancer I am looking for PEACE in my own home. Why are companies allowed to continue to call a number when they are asked to no longer call. When I try to calmly explain to them I am not who they are looking for they get rude. Can someone please tell me how to end this craziness. I need my evening and morning sleep. Yes the calls will go until 9:00pm est and on Sundays with an electronic voice. (NOT even a real person). Someone please help me with advice on how to stop this mess!!!

VforVendetta Jul 31, 2008

Even if you owe on a debt DON'T make any payment agreements with a debt collector because you have no contract with them to pay this. Making a payment agreement with them over the phone would be considered a verbal agreement. Let them know that you are going to pay the company that you have a debt with and not them. Be firm in telling them this. Also make payments to the company they will accept them. You only have a contract with the company you owe and not a third party collection agency.

they called and when I said hello about 30 times no said anything back. I can hear people shuffling in the back ground then someone hangs up the phone. When I called the number back saying that I just received a call from this number. They asked me for my number and I gave it to them then the guy hangs up. Allied has so many numbers here are a few. Don't let these people harrass you. You have to answer the calls if you don't then I shows that you are avoiding them. When you speak with a rep after they tell you the phone call will be recording/monitored then ask that person if they're ok with you recording the conversation. Most likely they'll say no or hang up but answer their calls. Also check to see whether or not you're in a 1 party or 2 party law for recording state. Some states need you to get permission from the other party to record the conversation. Just to be on the safe side if you're not sure ask them anyway. After I asked a rep that they haven't been calling to speak with me. Just calling and playing a recording. The funny thing about that is you can hear when they click on the recording and then turn it off and hang up.

• Valerie Oct 09, 2008

I am complaining about a company that is called Allied Interstate. They call my house 4 or 5 times everyday for a month now. The person that they say owes them the money does not even have the same last name as us. I tried telling them that and they agreed to take my number off of their system but that was a week ago. When I called them today they told me I owe the money and to just pay up. I can not believe that a company can be so pathetic and still be in business. I have no idea on how to make them stop. Any suggestions?

• Cr
    crek Jun 30, 2010

You could always turn the ringer off when you are sleeping.

Harassment

You are not allowed to call more than one time per day. Your number has been on my caller ID over 10 times today alone. I will report this to the FCC if it continues. Not leaving messages is completely unprofessional and unnecessary. When I try to call back, I get someone who doesn't seem to speak a word of English. I don't know who you are or who you represent (see the "no message" line above), but I have no business with you, and will not deal with you until you can conduct business in a proper and LEGAL manner.

• Valerie Jul 16, 2008

Allied Interstate calls at all hours of the day and evening. They leave messages asking that we return their calls. When I call, the recording says that "no one is here to talk to you" or "that mailbox has not been set up yet".

The people who call from Allied Interstate ask about a person who does not live here, and does not have our phone #. We have repeatedly told them that we are not the person they are looking for--and to stop calling us.

The 2 times that I was able to leave a message, I explained all of this and asked that they not call us again. That lasted about 2 weeks and the calls started again, today!!!

• Valerie Oct 03, 2008

This collection agency called my sisters house looking for me, without authorization to contact her. I don't appreciate it. You really shouldn't call others houses looking for individuals that don't live there. The person who called could hardly speak english and wouldn't give any information. My sister didn't know who it was or what the problem was. So therefore she would not give them any information. I feel it is unnecessary to call relatives to get information on an individual. And if your going to do so, have someone who speaks english. It is discouraging to people when they can not understand them.

• Valerie Oct 09, 2008

If your calling someones house at least you can say what the nature or the call is. Maybe that might not be their (customer) telephone. You know people do use other peoples' phone, and if your not following the laws then how do you expect for people to pay their bills, see this is why the consumer doesn't care about paying bills anymore.

Some people don't want to be bothered by the same stupid a-- person that we just spoke with an hour ago. Stop harassing and just ease up on the calls. You call all day don't you get tired?

• Valerie Oct 21, 2008

Yesterday, while minding my own business, in my own home, my phone rings and its Allied Interstate calling. 'Please hold, we are not solicitors' I should have hung up right then and there. But curiosity got the best of me. When someone finally came on the line, I was informed I had an outstanding debt from 1988! In my maiden name... I've been married for 14 years and the debt is over 20 years old!!! And I thought they were calling about a high school reunion or something like that... boy was I wrong!

Duh... that's 20 years old and I filed bankruptcy shortly after that. The college dropout went on to say that it doesn't matter... yada, yada, yada... 'I'm not harassing you' 'you're mad at the wrong person' I kept saying that this was 20years old, I filed bankruptcy, if this debt was mine, it would have been included in this judgment. They finally told me what the debt was and the amount... less than $700.00 --I said, 'you're harassing me for a loan that is 20 years old and less than $700.00???' I guess he got tired of me because he told me that he 'didn't have to put up with me' and transfered me to supervisor. Again, I should have hung up, but my pride got the better of me. I explained to her that 20+ years ago someone has stolen my SS# and this debt was 20 years old, I filed bankruptcy etc. Then SHE called me combative... yes after calling me and harassing me with a 20 year old debt that I'm not even sure is mine because someone stole my identity way back then, you can imagine I was a little upset. I was stupid... she confirmed my address so I expect that I'll be getting something in the mail from them... of course it will be in my maiden name and as far as I'm concerned my future answer will be, 'there is no one at this address/number by that name' I've already called my attorney and they are sending a letter stating that this is well past the statute of limitations (TN's statutes are 6 years-- I'd say over 3 times the statutes is well long enough!) Furthermore, I'd imagine that the phone company can be contacted if they continue calling and harassing me. I will also be looking at contacting my attorney general and the BBB. Doubt it will help, but this company is unethical and a bigtime SCAM ARTIST--they must be stopped!!!

• Valerie Oct 21, 2008

This evening I received a phone call from Allied Interstate about an alleged debt that I know nothing about, nor have I received a letter from this company until this phone call. When I asked for information on this alleged debt the gentleman gave me the run around, as did his supervisor who thought I was threatening him by asking for information of alleged debt to be mailed to me for verification which is my right.

Tomorrow I will send a debt verification letter to them and see what i get, if anything. Has anyone else dealt with them before?

• Co
    collector Nov 28, 2008

Just a footnote..it is legal to call a reasonable amt of times..usually no more than 3..as long as no voicemails are left..

• 3o
    3oobee Sep 06, 2009

I received 4 different phone calls LAST NIGHT from this group!!! They had my name correct, but that was it!!! They kept saying that I am in collections for a Mystery Guilt Book Club. I am no such memeber of this book club; I have never even heard of this. Then when they tried to compare information with me. They had the WRONG ADDRESS and the WRONG SSN. (I did not give them my correct information...what do you think I am stupid)

Do they not check into the information to make sure that they have the right person before they start calling and harassing innocent people!!!

JacG44 Sep 28, 2009

I don't owe anyone money and somehow Allied Interstate has my number. They keep calling me and when I pick up the phone there is no one there.

How do I get off their list they call me two to three times a day. This is harassment. Can something be done to put them out of business?

At least make them put someone on the phone when they make these harassing phone calls, so you have a chance to find out why they think you owe money. They are not accomplishing anything by their current tactics because you have no idea why they are calling you.

• Re
    RedJ76 Sep 29, 2009

I took a Sallie Mae student loan out back in 2002. I graudated in 2005. Since graduation, employment in this field has been terrible. I have gone into default. I don't currently have a job or any income. No unemployment, nothing. I am continuously looking for work but nothing yet.

This guy is telling me I need to figure out how to pay my bills. It's not for him to tell me how to pay my debts. I have no money, property or anything else that I can use to pay my rent, or food much less this student loan. I don't appreciate being berated by this type of person or company. Don't ever call me again. There should be laws against this type of harassment.

Samira Apr 15, 2010

They called here but would not give any info to me.

Then they called my husband's ex-wife from 16 YEARS ago in another city. They told her he has alot of debt and isn't paying it and even said it was Capital One that he owed! THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW

We called capital one and the account is CURRENT - we said we were reporting them and they reported the caller to a "supervisor" We are still reporting them it is such BS

Try this website to get a cease and desist letter from the on the left

They have sample letters and send it to these people:

Allied Interstate

435 Ford Rd. suite# 800. Minneapolis Minnesota, 55426

There is also a # for an office in OH (800)806-3342

Harassment re: umpaid debt (not mine)

I have been left recordings both at my office (I have no idea how these companies got my Direct Dial # at the office) and at my home under all kinds of company names that don't exist (including the latest, Allied Interstsate) about an unpaid debt for some Hispanic man. I have called the numbers left by these companies and found out about they were calling about this man who is no relation to me, nor do I know anything about him. I have been promised MORE THAN ONCE, after I explained the situation, that my phone numbers would be removed from their files. However, again today, I received the call from "Allied Interstate" about this same man! When I got a representative on the phone, I told him that I was tired of receiving these calls, that I have asked to be removed from their list, etc. He then, again, asked me about this same Hispanic man and I told him, again, I have no knowledge of this person at all. He got ugly with me when I told him that I consider these calls harassment and they had better stop NOW. A co-worker told me about your website, so I am filing a complaint against the above people. If I get another call from the other anonymous company, I will pass that number on to you, as well. This must stop. My privacy is being violated. I have no debt, and there is no reason for these companies to be calling me. It's not my problem they have a mixup in phone numbers, but I particularly resent being called at my office! How in the world did they get that number? Please see what you can do about this problem and get me relief. Thanks.

• Sl
    slayer Jul 29, 2009

I'm having a problem with these people calling my house a couple of times a day hanging up on us .At first they were asking for a person who does not exist in our household. We are being harrassed by these people what can we do?

Harassing calls

Received calls for several months from Allied Interstate. I Do Not Owe anyone and it appears they are 'fishing or hunting' for some one else. Even returned a call to their 800 number one time and the 'threatening message' was horrendous. Called the State Attorney General's Office, they advised I send a letter advising they must NOT contact this phone number again. Sent letter certified mail, but Allied refused to accept. Again called AG office and they referred me to the FTC. Called and filed a complaint. Everyone must call and file a complaint. [protected]. The more calls to the FTC the better outcome for the consumer.

• Valerie Jun 10, 2008

We receive calls 2-3 times daily from Allied Interstate. When we answer, it is a recording regarding a debt that is owed. We do not owe on any loans or anything. We can't get them to stop calling. This is a scam to extort money. This is a disgusting and unprofessional way to conduct business. They take advantage of elderly people that do not understand.

Why does this company not have a real person on the phone so that these matters can be cleared up? They have been calling for over a year!!

Is there not some sort of government regulation that controls crooked companies like Allied Interstate?

• Valerie Jul 11, 2008

I just had a collector call me I asked a simple question about me account - he couldn’t help said he didn’t know what kind of collectors u got working there...maybe they should know what there doing before making a call.. I simple say ok goodbye and he called me back...only allowed to call 1 per day...maybe a go back threw the laws meeting would be great for your company . I used to be a bill collector for 4 years and we wouldn’t get a way with anything like that. They screened all our calls...

• Valerie Jul 17, 2008

My complaint against this company is that they keep calling and calling even after we have told them that the people they are calling for Do Not even live in this house.

The people they leave messages for on my phone are folks I had never heard of until Allied started calling!

How can you stop that? We have called their number once, but twice to inform them of the error. The calls stopped for about 2 weeks, started again and are now a daily occurrence. We will call them again, but I doubt it will last long again. Help!

704-943-1000

Multiple calls a day trying to collect a debt that isn't mine

I have been harassed with phone calls several times a day for months, asking me to pay a Sprint bill which is not mine.

I have never had a Sprint account.

When I called Sprint, they told me they couldn't help me unless I gave them an account number. How could I do that when I never had one!!

I checked my credit rating and it is all right so far, but that could change if Allied posts to it, and what part of "it wasn't me" don't they understand? The thief must have used the phone book.

Stop them

Allied Interstate should be shut down. This company harasses me day and night. They even have me on speed dial for a debt I do not owe. It is over 10 years old and it is for a repossessed car my son had. The bank got there money through auction and still sold the debt to this company. I am in litigation with an attorney to stop them. Anyone else who has a problem with them should do the same. A good free consultation firm is - [protected]. They will call you right back, take your information and will help you get these sharks off your back and your telephone.

Just another collector

Look I'm going to make this simple, and I expect a torrent of shout downs from Allied because they know it's true but don't want you to know the facts about collection agencies.

First, they’re a collection agency, they can't sue you for one simple reason. They weren't a party to the original agreement between you and the original creditor.

The original creditor can sue you and has every right up to the time limits of your state.

The collector claims to be an agent but an agent is still not a party to the original debt. If you do somehow end up in court simply demand the signed document that shows you and the collection agency have an agreement. That will end their case abruptly because there is never any such document.

This process is called discovery and if the plaintiff can't produce evidence of their claim it's dead.

The one exception to the above...If you actually enter into a payment agreement with a collector. Now you have made them a party to the debt (actually a new debt since they have no relationship to the original debt) In that case you've made a business relationship with them and you're bound by whatever terms you agreed to with them.

So what's the solution, simple, don't respond to them at all. You won't get a fair deal, they won't stop bothering you and you'll never stop paying them if you enter into an agreement. There will always be an additional charge, fee or adjustment to keep you paying.

Also if they go as far as to try to bring you to court (which is laughable) make sure you never accept service. You are not under any obligation to identify yourself to anyone but a police officer. A process server is just a working stiff making minimum wage delivering court papers when they're not delivering pizzas. Also know that police officers are never off duty. That means any police officer performing process service for a civil matter is in direct conflict with his position. Criminal matters are a different area. The conflict stems from the state being barred from being a party to a private legal action to which they have no interest or participation.

If somebody strange walks up to you and asks if you're such and such just say no. If they can't serve you they can't sue you. There must be proper service for any civil action brought against you.

Finally, know that Allied is just one of many such operations all of which employ the same tactics. They're hoping to trick you into giving them money and holding you to an unfair contract.

Make sure to watch your credit reports too. Equifax is famous for siding with collection agencies and leaving negative information on your report. Keep filing challenges anyway. Make sure that the collection agency is allowed to show up as a creditor on your collection report. This is a common tactic to drive down your FICO score. They file a fraudulent claim as a creditor then claim delinquency on the account. Again if you don't enter into any agreements with the collection agency they have no legal basis to touch your credit report. These tactics have been successfully litigated in California and Equifax has been named as a party in many of these law suits. In every case I've looked at, the collection agency and Equifax lost the case and were forced to pay damages.

Plain and simple, you're in control, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

704-943-1000

They are rude and persistant

This has got to be the rudest collection agency I have ever come across. They have done everything from calling over and over in a day, to saying harassing things, to actually calling me before 8 AM and telling me I am wrong it is 8 AM. Duh, I think I know what time it is, and when every clock in my house, including the computer and the cable company say it's before 8 AM, I wonder who is right here. The rudest they have ever been to me was over a 24 dollar fee from a storage unit that I left a few days after the first, literally. Somehow, though maybe not logical, I didn't want to send 24 dollars to someone that was talking to me like I am the bowel movements of a dog lying on a sidewalk. Somehow it left a bad taste in my mouth. And that silly lying piece of comment that was left by a "supposed" employee was so fake and so ###ic I can't even justify speaking more on it! What kind of person takes a job that constitutes them being rude and uncaring and obnoxious every day? Geez.

704-943-1000

These people are very unprofessional

I am completely debt free and I still get calls from them (ALLIED INTERSTATE) almost every day. I have like an 815-850 credit score number and still I get recordings from them on my machine constantly. It could be for my ex-wife’s son. I wish they would leave a message and, at least, the first and last initial of the person owing them money. I will never call them back so this might go on for a few more years! Why on earth would I call them back if they are owed no money by me? This is the most random recording-string ever left on my machine! My caller ID in fact says ALLIED INTERSTATE [protected]. The message is that I am to call them back. Sorry, I do not call random people back that do not leave detailed messages on my answering device. These people are very unprofessional! Do they run a string of Pawn Shops too? Go to business school people and learn how to leave proper phone messages!

Can't understand the words &you have the wrong number&

Got a call from a number associated with Allied Interstate. Very, very rude man demanded to speak with "Jan Larson." Told him he had the wrong number. Then he demanded to know if "Jan Larson" was one of my family members, neighbours, friends, etc.

Said he was going to keep calling until I told him what he wanted to know. Kept interrupting me. Also, they have called many times before, but if my boyfriend answers, they immediately hang up. COWARDS!

What kind of waste of oxygen spends their life doing this, anyway? And how sick do they have to be sound like they're enjoying it, as this man did?

I taught them a lesson

On 4/21/08 in the middle of a very important call Allied Interstate Company called. I was unable to take the call and checked my messages. The massage said to call [protected] So I did. I asked them how they got my number. They hung up on me. I found this rude and so I gave them a dose of their own rudeness. I called them all day every few minutes. They told me they did not have time for this game. But they did ask me to call them so I continued. All day they have the ability to block my number. lol something we should have for them. But being a smart person I *67 and continued some more. They were able to block that as well so being a smart person I had an old calling card that was going to expire so I used that. I continued on with calling them asking if the calls bothered them. I think they might have gotten the point but am still not sure so I will call them tomorrow to be sure.

• Sm
    S M B May 15, 2008

Allied Interstate are the craziest folks I've ever encountered!
    Yes, I had some old debt that needed to be paid off. These folks called and called and harrassed me for weeks after I explained that I was not in the position to pay at the rate they were demanding. I was willing at first to begin a payment plan, something I could afford. But no. There would be no flexiblity or intelligent discussion.
    It was all handled in an intrusive and rude manner. One of the guys at one point said to me after discovering the town I live in, "Why do live in place you can't afford?" I told him to kiss my a$$ and hung up on him. Paying off debt is one thing, being disrespected or insulted by anyone, especially a complete stranger was unacceptable.When I refused to bend to their demands, and started asking more questions about them and how they got this information someone else got on the phone, a young man with a sounthern accent who could barely speak two sentences that were grammatically correct. I thought, wait a minute, you've hired people who don't sound very educated or professional to pry into my personal business and demand that I pay up or else. They behaved like loan sharks. I thought they were legit . My mistake. It helps to know you rights. Learn how to protect youself aginst these fools. SMB

Not the person trying to reach, harassing phone calls

I work for a California county child support office and I have been receiving phone calls from this collection agency and previous ones for approximately 4 years. This is over a phone bill that is for someone I do not know and gave my office number as their contact number. I have explained several times and I guess they think I am lying. I am not the person they are trying to reach and am very upset as I have perfect credit and do not deserve the harassing phone calls. I have requested that they stop yet they do not. The number they leave to call back is [protected].

• Ns
    NSpectr3 Dec 15, 2007

First thing to realize is you should not waste breath on these collections nitwits. Verbal sparring does not work. Print does, for the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) compels them to obey written requests.

Draft a boilerplate letter stating your name and the number they have called to reach you. State clearly that you are not the party they seek, and you are not connected with that person financially, personally, or otherwise. Then request that you never again be contacted by the collector. There, you've just written your new best friend the "cease-comm" letter. Stow it on your hard drive or print a stack of copies, and whenever a new collection agent (C.A.) comes with the same old inquiries about this alleged deadbeat, obtain a mailing address and fire off a letter.

Even better if you can send your notice on a letterhead from your office, clearly showing the phone number the C.A. has been pelting. If you have a website with a contact page listing the same number, refer them there as well. Make it plain they are calling a place of business and your boss doesn't like it. (That fact alone gives you a little extra clout under FDCPA.) Beat it into their skulls until they get it. Collectors are paid on commission and bad ones are not hired for their patience or intelligence.

You must send this USPS Certified with Receipt Request. The C.A. must mark and return the (usually) pale green postcard back to you as proof they have your letter. This costs a few bucks each time but can save you a world of grief later. After that receipt date, the very next contact from that C.A. is your invitation to string them up on Federal charges. You can also pursue them if they try to harass you into paying or apply that mystery person's debt to your records.

Sadly you may have to watch closely this time for just those violations. Allied has attracted a complaint list a mile long for abusive practices and extortion tactics. See these items for a very few of the many irate voices:

If you have an afternoon to kill, drop the phrase "Allied Interstate" into the [redacted] search field:
    /URL removed/

If you've been fighting this since 2004, the person they want has done a fair job evading the skip tracers, in part by diverting the badgering calls to you. It sounds very likely the same debt has been resold to numerous collectors as each in turn gave up trying. They are supposed to validate a debt before continuing the Hot Potato game, but many won't bother. You may be answering this over and again until the applicable Statute of Limitations expires. Do some homework on the agents who have contacted you and see if they are DBAs or subsidiaries of a larger firm, then take your complaint right to the queen's nest.

Luck be with you!

• Pm
    pmf1 Apr 26, 2010

I agree send them a cease & desist letter, via certified mail, return receipt requested.
    You will never hear from them again.
    I have the perfect letter and I send it off and the telephone never rings again.
    My home is peaceful again,
    [email protected]

Harassing calls!

They start at about 8:00 AM, and call continuously all day - until about 8:00 PM. Calls from 5 to 30 minutes apart. It's very frustrating. They have not listened to my demands not to call and to only contact me via postal mail. The number above is the number they usually call me from. I don't know what else to do. I need these calls to stop.

• Mi
    Michelle Dec 11, 2007

I completely agree. They can actually call between 8 AM and 9 PM. I'm filing for bankruptcy and they are required to stop but they haven't. It makes no difference if I call them back or answer when they call me because they do it again a few hours later. I complained that they aren't allowed to call me once I've spoken to them. They said that they talked to me because I called them, and that it doesn't count as communication unless they have called me. I called the attorney general today, and was told that I'm right and once they talk to me that they are required to stop for the day. I can't take it anymore. I talked to them 4 times today. I would ignore them, but if I do they call my family and say that they can't reach me and then my relatives call me and complain. I believe that I have officially filed about 3 complaints with the attorney general about them in the last two days. I also informed Capital One, and that is who the debt is with. They tried to force me to talk to some senior account manager person. I said I wanted to talk to a lawyer first. They said "Please hold" I said "No." and hung up the phone. I can't take this crap anymore and I want to see these people taken down. I would encourage anyone with issues with them to file a complaint with the attorney general. They are a law enforcement agency and have to investigate the complaints.

Continually call my home

I am mailing you in reference to being harassed by a comp. called Allied Interstate who as I understand it...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices