ALLConnectfalse representation of service and illegal hard credit run

S

I was referred and transferred to an All Connect agent after setting my utilities with PGE. The only reason why I even heard of them and accepted the transfer is because PGE (which I have to trust as a utility) transferred me there. From there, the All Connect agent said he could help me with setting up a Comcast Xfinity account and he had access to deals which were not available online. The whole time that he was quoting me I was cross checking the online prices and he was about $10/month cheaper on average. When I accepted to proceed, the agent told me he need to run my credit.
Issue 1:
I told him that I was not interested unless it was a soft credit inquiry. He told me that he was not sure, but he was certain that it was "the same credit check that is done by a utility company". When I asked him to confirm that it was indeed a soft credit check, he stuck to the line: "the same credit check that is done by a utility company" (3 times). I figured that he was not sure but since referred to them by PGE, it must be a soft inquiry. To my surprise: NO. It is a extra useless HARD CREDIT INQUIRY on your record (like if you applied for a new credit card).

Issue 2: the price changed at the last minute in the confirmation phase of the service requested. And it was not an honest confirmation. It was a

• Te
    teeggee Apr 03, 2017

Same exact thing happened to me with the same exact verbiage about it being the same kind of credit check that a utility company does.

• So
    Song Gao Dec 14, 2016

I just had exactly the same experience. Apparently after 6 months they still haven't managed to ask their employee to honestly tell customers that it's a hard pull. It's still the same line "the same credit check that is done by a utility company". What's worse, after I said I was not interested in the deal and was gonna call Comcast myself, the guy still kept talking as if I didn't understand how good the deal was. Such aggressive and ignorant sales representative makes me never wanna have anything to do with Allconnect again.

• Si
    Sidy Jul 08, 2016

My text above got cutoff, but to summarize, the main things I am upset about are:
    1 - having sales representatives on the phone that do know to tell someone that you are running a hard credit check on them and not a soft one.
    2 - no actual follow through on the request. I was told Comcast would contact me within 48 hours. 3 days later, I called Comcast and they had my info on file but no plan to send a tech. So instead, I went to the local Xfinity office and picked up a self install kit that day.
    3 - I was not given all plans available on the phone. Everything was a back and forth between your sales rep and comcast (I felt). When I went to comcast in person, the comcast agent himself walked me through my options and told I could save money by doing one of the internet only packages said he would not charge me for the self install kit. Your allconnect rep told me it would be $15 for self install kit which I just found weird.
    4 - when I called your costumer service line to complain about the extra credit run, she told me that "she used to work in banking and that banks don't care anyway". That basically it does not matter when I do several hard credit check in a row. That is simply not true. And she adopted that defense instead of acknowledging my point of view. Not even sure where to start with how horrified I am of the business practices of the people you hire.

• Allconnect Inc Jul 06, 2016

We apologize for the confusion and overall negative experience. Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the appropriate department and team members. To help us investigate this complaint further, please provide details including address to [email protected] or give us a call at [protected]. Our customer care department is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 10:00 PM EST, Saturday 9:00 AM EST to 6:00 PM EST and closed Sunday.