ALLConnect — false representation of service and illegal hard credit run
I was referred and transferred to an All Connect agent after setting my utilities with PGE. The only reason why I even heard of them and accepted the transfer is because PGE (which I have to trust as a utility) transferred me there. From there, the All Connect agent said he could help me with setting up a Comcast Xfinity account and he had access to deals which were not available online. The whole time that he was quoting me I was cross checking the online prices and he was about $10/month cheaper on average. When I accepted to proceed, the agent told me he need to run my credit.
I told him that I was not interested unless it was a soft credit inquiry. He told me that he was not sure, but he was certain that it was "the same credit check that is done by a utility company". When I asked him to confirm that it was indeed a soft credit check, he stuck to the line: "the same credit check that is done by a utility company" (3 times). I figured that he was not sure but since referred to them by PGE, it must be a soft inquiry. To my surprise: NO. It is a extra useless HARD CREDIT INQUIRY on your record (like if you applied for a new credit card).
Issue 2: the price changed at the last minute in the confirmation phase of the service requested. And it was not an honest confirmation. It was a
More ALLConnect Complaints & Reviews
- ALLConnect - liars & pushy
- ALLConnect - bait and switch
- ALLConnect - scary service
- ALLConnect - oh my god, never easy
- ALLConnect - did not work as ordered/confusing/tricky
- All Connect - misrepresentation of authority
- ALLConnect - utility services/sales
- ALLConnect - internet service
- All Connect - home depot discount
- ALLConnect - transferring service and false advertisement