Alfred AngeloPLEASE DON&T EVER GO HERE, ITS BAD!

I have been in retailing & management for decades & have NEVER EVER heard of such non existent customer service as you will find at Alfred Angelo! It was the 4th time that I asked for a samples of the bridesmaids dresses before I ever got the correct one! Six weeks & hundreds of dollars later! Dresses in clover, given celedon 3 times! District Manager, Kim Benny, was standing there the whole time as I asked the manager, Annie how this could possible happen. Benny promised to phone on Wednesday ... that was five + weeks ago, no call. Left her messages, no call. I have called corporate in Florida 3 times & ... no one returns calls! THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY & FLIP YOU OFF LEAVING YOU WITH A CRAPPY PRODUCT FROM CHINA OR EVEN NOTHING! The mother of the groom had her dress ordered by the staff 3 sizes to small. $300 later & she nothing to wear! (On the "contract" that is the customer's fault too. It has been 3 weeks since that mistake & guess what? NO ONE CALLS BACK!!!

• Je
    Jesigg Dec 18, 2009

I have had problems with Kim Benny as well. I have had a horrible experience with this company. I have filed complaints with my state. I am telling everyone I know to tell everyone they know not to go to Alfred Angelo. I have never been treated so badly before. I have enough stress with this whole wedding thing. I don't need this.

• Br
    Bridesmaid Jan 26, 2010

I am in total agreement. I had a horrible experience there - they simply refused to help us, even after we made an appointment for a fitting and had already purchased a dress. If you can believe it, one of the older women who works there actually shook her fist and honked at my friend as she was driving into the parking lot!!! The most poorly run business I have ever seen in my life. I have already convinced 4 other brides not to go there for their dresses.

• Tr
    Tracy Lynn Mar 21, 2010

They ordered my junior bridesmaid an adult 12 instead of childs 12 they promised the dress a month ahead it's now 2 weeks b4 and store manager Annie refuses to speak to me! The dress still needs altered and shoes dyed! I promise future brides Annie won't give u a problem because after my attorney is done with her she will NEVER want to work in retail again!! Also have reported them to the BBB!

• Lu
    LuAnn.G Jul 21, 2010

I used to work at this store, and can tell you that Kim Benny is the most verbally abusive boss I have ever encountered. The managers refuse to take calls, then give the employees incorrect information to give the employees, then deny they ever provided that info to the employee.
    Also, they allow employees to take commissions from other employees. If you helped someone find a dress, and allowed someone else to ring them out, that person would get the commission! Don't even think about complaining about it either.
    Oh, and they demand you make coffee and lunch runs for them, but refuse to pay mileage.
    Also, I've seen employees put in the wrong sizes for the customers because they "don't believe" the customer when they give them their sizing, or think the customer was "sucking it in" when they did measurements.

This was honestly the worst place I've ever worked, and the customer service is just as terrible as everyone is saying. I had actually been pulled away from helping customers to do something menial, like collapsing boxes, or shipping dresses, which could wait, instead of actually helping the customer!

This is truly a horrible place, and I'd never waste my money on one of their poorly-made dresses.

• Da
    daisies_dont_tell Sep 07, 2010

Sorry for posting this twice but now I am at liberty to say what store I worked at.
    After working as a subcontracted seamstress for Alfred Angelo, I have seen a number of outrageously priced alterations.Let me clear up one thing about the cost of alterations. Alfred Angelo takes 40% of the total right off the bat. 10% then goes to the contract seamstress who writes out the checks to the subcontract seamstresses ( the ones that actually do the work). Now, those subcontract seamstress get the remaining 50%. It is their job to do the alterations, store the gown until the fittings, pay the homeowners insurance to protect your gown, steam the gown, pay for the upkeep of the machines, purchase the thread and other notions needed.
    As far as alterations go in general one comes to mind of a little chubby 8 year old flower girl. They ordered her a size 16 just to get the waist and chest measurements right. They told the mother of the bride when it came in we would cut it down to fit. What they didn't tell her was the alterations would run well over $150. The mother of the bride had paid about that much for the gown! This same mother of the bride brought in a junior bridesmaid. Her dress just didn't hang right. When I opened it up, I found that it wasn't put together right. Her alterations were well over $100. I felt so bad for this mother of the bride that I took it upon myself to take the top apart and put it together right and not charge her. And where alterations were really needed... on the bridal gown... the manager of the store told the bride that all she needed was hooks put over the zipper to get the flap to close on the zipper. It was SO tight that honestly, I don't think it would have help for the ride to the church. I let that dress out an inch up and down the sides. While I am on the subject. When I first met with the junior bridesmaid, flower girl, bride and mom, they were furious with me because I kept leaving and coming back to them. They complained to the assistant manager that the MANAGER had made the appointment for all of them. When I heard that, I pulled out the appointment book. Their name was no where to be found. AThere were times when I had a second fitting scheduled and find out that someone scheduled a bridal first fitting too! I was allotted 30 minutes to check the second fitting and pin more if needed, pin the bodice of the first fitting bride, pin a hem and bustle the gown. FOLKS! This is impossible! There was even one time that I was scheduled a second fitting, then the store scheduled on the same page, a first, and had an associate tell someone that just walked in that I could do her bridal fitting all in the same 1/2 hour. I was told by the contract seamstress that I was just to move quicker. I could move quicker but then you don't get a very good fit. I am what some people call a Master Seamstress and take pride in my work.
    On another note, I had a bride come in with her gown and shoes that she had picked out for her wedding. The gown was the right length all but for one place that the hem went up 4" for about 8" across the hem line. I asked the Geoffrey, the assistant manager what to do and he asked me to drop the hem. I did at the cost to the store. I was later told by Annie, the manager that the proper way to handle this was to tell the bride to get lower heels and then charge her for the hem! By the way, it was like pulling teeth to get the store to pay me for that hem. The excuses were unreal. In the end, I had to threaten to go to the magistrate to get $30 off of them.
    I have read on here customers saying how the store never took responsibility for a mistake. Let me tell you the store is NEVER at fault! At the beginning of the season I was told NOT to contact my customers personally. That was until something got forgotten that I asked them to call about. All of a sudden, it was my fault for not contacting the customer myself.
    You know I could go on and on with the behind the scenes things that go on but I think I said enough... you decide. Oh and by the way, this isn't even the Alfred Angelo store that I work from.

• Da
    daisies_dont_tell Sep 07, 2010

Sorry about that folks! I copied and pasted this comment from a different complaint just to get it to the right store and forgot to change the last line. Opps! The store I worked at was McKnight Road in Pittsburgh.

• Je
    Jenny1x Feb 01, 2011

I have also have problems with the DM, Kim. Although I dealt with her at their new location in Syracuse, NY. You'd think that if you are running a new store, then you'd want to make it right so that you could benefit from added business but she is clearly too dumb to think like that. She is a [censor] and I refused to buy my dress from them, as she was not able to handle my issues. Old age isn't an excuse to forget to call someone back or fix their issue in a timely manner, KIM! Alfred Angelo needs to do their homework and fire her so that they won't lose anymore business.

• Dm
    DMB11 Jun 28, 2011

You don't know how happy we (previous) Alfred Angelo employees are to see these complaints! Kim Benny is the absolute worst DM ever. She calls and screams and cusses the employees out. She has run off so many good employees, its ridiculous! In my many years of employment, I've never encountered such a demanding, unprofessional, rude, obnoxious boss. She rules her stores with fear and intimidation and we were constantly reminded how disposable we all were. Of the original 12 employees, the last just gave her notice in a 3 month period. Unfortunately, upper management must support this. Our manager went over her head to complain about Kim and Kim's boss just said" I suggest if you don't want to deal with Kim, you quit". The girl who took over would stay until 9 and 10 pm learning the ropes and the associates all pitched in together to keep the store running. What thanks did we get? NONE. We got screamed at, babysat, told how useless we all were. Until finally, we all couldn't take it anymore. Annie, Geoffrey and the rest of them are just as bad as Kim.. they just scurry around like Kim's flunkies. It's really quite sad because Alfred Angelo has the potential to be a good company, they just need to get rid of the hillbillies running the show and get some professionals in there to treat employees and customers with respect and value.

sadderbutwiserbridesmom Aug 28, 2011

I wish I had seen this before I purchased my mother of the bride dress. It was promised for a certain day and came in 6 days later. When I called the day after it was supposed to come in, I was told the top was in, but the pants weren't. When I said I hadn't ordered pants, the clerk said, "whatever." I panicked and bought another dress at Nordstrom's where everybody was very polite. AA refused to give me a refund. The District Mangaer was supposed to call me but never did. A month after the wedding, they sent me the dress I had never picked up. When I went to the store in North Attleboro, Massachusetts, the manager told me" well we didn't charge you." She meant they didn't charge me for shipping the dress to me a month after the wedding! Once they have your money, they don't care. By the way, the bridesmaids' dresses were ordered at 3 different David's Bridal locations and all came in weeks before my dress even though they were ordered at the same time or later. Do not go to Alfred Angelo.