FILE A COMPLAINT

Complaints & Reviews

Wedding flowers. Do not use this woman

I ordered flowers for my sons wedding 2 months in advance. Susan Ketchum would not accept paypal or a credit card. Only a check. She cashed that right away. After that she refused to answer calls or emails. 3 weeks before the wedding she finally responded and said my flowers were done and she was shipping them. Of course, she didn't. 2 weeks before- no flowers. Now just a few days before--NO FLOWERS. She swears she shipped them but I have no evidence of such. I am going to have to go order more flowers at the last minute. DO NOT USE THIS WOMAN. SHE IS A SCAMMER AND A LIAR. SHE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN.

Recieved flowers that weren't what we asked for then asked for a full credit and got half back. Susan won't give us the rest back.

We ordered our flowers in May of 2012. We never got a phone call to confirm our order. Susan took $157.94 from us and sent us flowers that we did not approve. She didn't even send a picture before she sent us the flowers. They were not what we asked for. Susan then claimed that the flowers were destroyed after we sent them back for a refund when we opened the box and looked at the flowers not touching them cause they were not raped in anything but a large clear trash bag.. After sending the flowers back, Susan gave us a refund back to our card but was only $78.97 After we had to e-mail her over and over again for her to even do that. Susan will not give us the rest of our money back because she says that the remaining $78.97 was for her serivces and we will get it back when she sells the flowers to someone else. Susan did this a week before our wedding, she didn't want to fix the flowers cause she said they looked perfect. When I looked on her website she only posts good reviews and I looked on another website and found that other customers complained about her and how she said her husband was sick and she would get their flowers to them as soon as possible, as she said the same thing to us. Susan won't return any phone calls, she e-mails us but its only to defend her work. Susan wont fix the flowers and send them to us unless we pay her another $157.94 to get new ones. I would not recomend this website to any one.

Wedding Flowers Never Received

I have already submitted a complaint for Susan Ketchum's services but have recently noticed that she has now changed the title of her website, but not the address. I just want to make sure that when people search for the title Ketchum's Wedding Flowers...they can see all of the hundreds of complaints that have been made.

Save yourself tons of stress and don't even consider buying flowers from her...
MY COMPLAINTS:
1. She doesn't answer her phone.
2. She rarely responds to emails.
3. She takes your money right away and then does not communicate about the product.
4. She is rude when you do talk to her.
5. She does not keep organized files of your communications (which rarely occur) so if you make changes to what you want or give her added information she does not remember what you have previously talked about. She told me that I needed to send her every picture, and email that we have ever had, every time that I email her so that she will know what I am talking about.
6. I ordered in January when my wedding was in August. Not only did it take longer than the promised amount of time...they never arrived. Two weeks before the wedding I was told in an email that they would be to my house in a week. Luckily, since she hadn't responded to my emails in several months, I had ordered alternate flowers. Susan's flowers never came.
7. After the wedding I emailed her and told her of the situation and that I wanted a refund. Susan said that I had canceled my order (I hadn't).
8. Susan refused to give me a refund, saying that I could only get in-store credit which, obviously, is useless after my wedding.
9. She blocked my email address so I could no longer communciate with her, asking her to refund my mother who paid for the flowers.

MY ADVICE:
1. Search Custom Silk Creations online and read all of the complaints about Susan Ketchum and her service.
2. Buy your flowers somewhere else.
3. If you were ripped off by her too, file a complaint with the attorny general of Pennsylvania. It took almost a year, but I just got a refund for my mom. If enough people file complaints, hopefully she will get shut down!

• Ta
    Tarblueyes1 Aug 20, 2010

I really think this compaint was useful to me due to the fact that I hadn't recieved a phone call back from her and before she would even really discuss anything she wanted the money first. I saw this complaint and my fiance called her and they had no clue who I was and she started getting pissy with him after he told her about us googling her and all the complaint and finally she hung up on him...do not use her at all!!! it is now 5 weeks till my wedding and after wasting 3 weeks on waiting for her I am now scrambling to find someone affordable that can get it done in time

• I got ripped off by her back in 2004. Collected money and then did nothing. She claimed she would make it right. Never happened. It is sad to see that she is still in business. :(

fraud

This business needs to be shut down. I ordered over $400 worth of silk flowers from them. I received a partial order. I contacted Susan Ketchum and she was very abrasive and offered no help on the matter. She insisted she mailed all the items in 4 separate boxes. I only received 3 boxes. I requested she track the missing box, but she never responded. She mailed me a money order refund despite my repeated requests to send the flowers not a refund. I complained to the PA Attorney General. She responded to them saying all items were in 3 boxes and that the USPS confirmed delivery. Unlucky for her, I have the email from her stating they were mailed in 4 boxes. Cant wait till I provide the AG a copy of that email. I hope they are prosecuted for fraud. BTW during my chit chat with Susan she informed me she used to be a nurse but got injured and is receiving 100% disability fron Social Security. I am in the process of notifying their fraud unit to se if she is receiving SS unlawfully.

Do your research on this company before giving them any of your money

Please do your research on this company before giving them any of your money! You will find multiple complaints that all say the same thing. I placed my order Feb 6th, agreeing to an order time of up to 8 weeks. I sent multiple emails asking for the status on my order. The shipping date kept changing over and over and the finally I received the response "I think they shipped Friday" along with a tracking number. That tracking number was delivered to Michigan, I am in Tennessee!! So at that point I asked for a refund which she says I can't have. She says I agreed to her policy when I placed my order, but she did a lot of things I did not agree too! I am filing complaints everywhere and contacting the Attorney General. She's crazy if she thinks I'll give up that easily and let her steal my money this way. Please do not make the same mistake I did, doing business with Custom Silk Creations is a HUGE MISTAKE!!

UNREAL! HORRIBLE!! Im sick to my stomach

I am trying to have a dream wedding on a budget and up until now I have gotten everything worked out...

Wedding flowers

I also have had issues with Susan. I have emailed her several times about my order and never recieved pictures. Each email came a promise of 10 days or fourteen days. I cancel my order and recieved a conformation from Susan that she was canceling my order in May of 09. I to this date have not recieved a refund from Susan. All my emails to her have gone unanswered. The best part of it all is she has block my phone number. I have attempted to call from other numbers and get the stores answering machine but when I call from my cell phone I get a message saying the mailbox is full. I have moved on and used another option for my wedding flowers. I will be proceeding with a civil case to get my refund for my order. I wish I had did more research on this company before submitting my order.

Sherri Fuentez

Poor Quality product

Like many other disillusioned customers of this website - my daughter and I were also given the run around...

Frustration and aggravation

I have been dealing with this company since February 22, 2009, when I placed an order for a 20 pc wedding...

BBB rating

Here is an excert from the BBB hot topics for February 2017- I have included the url so you can see it for...

Product Not Recieved

I was supposed to recieve my flowers by 11/17, they came in 2 days before my wedding. The toss bouquet was missing and the bouts were so ugly (not at all like the website pictures) I had to buy new ones, they weren't even usable. The one e-mail she finally sent me back on the subject said that she'd mail me a check that day for the amount of the toss bouquet (of course it never came) and that the bouts were exactly what I'd ordered. This woman doesn't reply to most e-mails, no one ever answers the phone - even when you're going nuts because your wedding's in a couple days and you have no flowers!

• Cs
    CSC Mar 09, 2009

sorry wrong company not our customer

• Su
    SUSAN IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT Aug 29, 2009

Come on Susan- do you really think that people will believe that she has the wrong company? This is exactly what everyone else is saying about your company- you have a proven record of being a liar and a cheat. Why would this person write this about yor company if it wasn't your company- that makes no sense- she would have written the complaint about the company that she paid. Get a life and just stop scamming brides and you won't have this problem!

No answer to email

The bride to be found this business on online and decided to use them. I admit the work seems very well done...

Product never received

I ordered flowers form her on 25 Jun 08 after receiving an email from her telling me that I can pay a rush...