Alcatelsmartphone tcl lx

M Jan 26, 2020 Review updated:

I bought this "smartphone" without ever knowing it was from ALCALTEL on which I had VERY negative experiences with both with their faulty products and customer service in the past. The problem being that this device NEVER indicates that its manufactured by such company to begin with, as if Alcaltel knows by now about their infamous reputation when it comes to such devices.

Couple positives about it being its 16 GB internal memory and big, shiny screen, which is quite gratuitous. That would be the sole two positives I ever would type about such device. Even with such expansive memory it comes bloated with app games I could care less about along with other bloatware which clutters space within it. With all this it amazes me that Alcatel doesn't bother to add the BASICS into it such as a Gallery and Calculator apps. What's the deal? Why have nonsense that does little to make this phone practical and scrap apps which every phone should be built with?

Now into the meat of the problem. While the screen is big and quite vibrant, it does little in terms of functionality, at times I have to tap several times on it to either type or interact with an app. This would not come as a surprise as Alcaltel is notorious with such faulty screens and seems this is a problem which they will NEVER fix no matter what.

One thing which this phone makes me highly upset above all else is the fact that it messes with any SD Card I ever mount in it, corrupting files and at times not bothering displaying any files within it when using this device. I also had many problems in having any files I download to display on my Desktop PC whenever I plugged this thing to transfer said files, having to remove the SD Card to do such things instead.

All of these problems within the first 10 days that I had purchased and activated this phone. It is quite cheap, 40 dollars retail priced, but you know how the saying goes, "you get what you paid for."

Quite frankly I will not waste a single cent on another device of this brand much less anything that Alcaltel makes if I find out about it. You would be wise to get anything else even when you have to pay a bit more than this.

• Sn
    Snow Pea Jul 23, 2020

I agree. The audio on this my Alcatel Verso phone has been faulty from the beginning. The sound just goes away in the middle of a video, or in between videos. I have to restart the phone several times a day to get the audio back. Alcatel tells me I need to send the phone back to them for repair and be out of a phone for about 10 business days. It's not just a matter of putting the SIM and SD cards in another phone in the meantime, there's many things that need to be done to get it sent back to them and get the other phone up to speed, i.e. calling my provider and getting things switched over, etc. It overheats a lot too and just turns off. I've NEVER had a phone do that. They are complete junk!

I will NEVER buy another alcatel phone. I've had inexpensive ZTE, LG, Huawai phones in the past, and have never had any problems with them.