The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Air France — Totally incompetent Customer Service; still awaiting refund
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Here's a copy of the letter I just sent to Air France - this should tell the whole story without overkill. (I hope, anyway.) I'm livid! And this has been going on since April 2009 (I'm posting in September 2009!).
Don't fly Air France. They suck.
It is with extreme frustration that I write again in regard to a flight cancellation I made now almost six months ago. I can honestly say that I cannot recall another company that has ever treated me as a customer with such utter incompetence and disregard. One misunderstanding after another in working toward a resolution with Air France has left me with few options, but I refuse to give up until I’m given what I’m entitled to.
The long and the short of the issue is that back on April 8, I canceled an Air France flight by phone. I was explicitly told by the representative that I would be receiving a full refund, less a $200 cancellation fee. I would have happily accepted a credit for use on a future flight – an option I’m still happy to take advantage of were it offered to me – but the Air France rep actually went as far to suggest that I take the refund. So I requested a refund instead of a credit. However, $460.50 of my flight was never refunded.
The fact remains that Air France promised me a service they did not deliver. Not only that, but the following occurred through the SIX MONTHS of debate surrounding this issue:
- I provided the reason for my flight cancellation: My father was diagnosed with advanced cancer, which required the family to relocate from Europe to the United States for his treatment. Despite the very valid and extenuating circumstances, this matter was not so much as addressed by the representatives; it was simply ignored.
- One not one but two occasions, Air France denied the refund on the grounds that I was “10 minutes late to my flight”. This is completely preposterous, considering I canceled my flight a week before it took off. This confusion is probably because Air France canceled one leg of my originally purchased flight and rebooked me on one departing 10 minutes later, but I don’t really care why – it’s still inexcusable.
- Air France refused to discuss the matter by phone; I was required to send faxes that were on many occasions not returned.
- As for the several faxes to which Air France actually did bother to respond to me directly, it took weeks for my original message to be processed and responded to. This amount of time, particularly for a financial matter, is beyond egregious – especially considering the response is hasty and completely false (i.e. I was “late to my flight”).
In conclusion, I am requesting that Air France refund me the $460.50 I was promised. Because the fine print of my original flight terms for this portion of the journey indicate that only a credit is given, I would be happy to accept a credit for a future flight, too. However, on principle I do believe that because I was told by an Air France ticketing agent that I would be getting $460.50 of refund – and a refund instead of a credit was actually suggested by this agent – that you as a business are obligated to deliver this to my American Express card on which the original purchase was made.
More Air France Complaints & Reviews
- Air France - Stay away from Air France!
- Air France - LOST LUGGAGE
- Air France - Poor service!
- Air France - Kafka-esque refund runaround
- Air France - AIR FRANCE - 24 HOUR DELAY NO HOTEL NO FOOD
- Air France - Lost baggage and Air France denial!
- Air France - Delayed/Lost Luggage
- Air France - Claims for Air France Flight Delay
- Air France - Hidden restriction & fees
- Air France - Transport of medication