Air France — Stolen items from locked luggage
My daughter flew with Air France from Copenhagen, Denmark to JFK International Airport in New York, USA, on Thursday, August 13. Her luggage was locked with a TSA luggage lock when checked into the care of Air France at Copenhagen airport. It was still locked when picked up at JFK. On Thursday, August 20, she discovered that several items were missing from the suitcase. I, her mother, recieved that notice late Thursday night. The next day, on Friday, August 21, I filed a complaint to Air France over the internet, including a list of lost items and claiming monetary compensation at a value of USD 102. The following day I recieved the reply: Since I did not submit my claim within 7 days, Air France does not agree to my claim.<br />
It's a scandal in itself that customers checking their luggage into the care of Air France can be subject to theft obviously performed by airport personel while that piece of luggage is checked in and out of control of the owner. <br />
It's extremely annoying that Air France does not take responsibility for the incident for more than 7 days. Not even when special circumstances apply, like when the theft was discovered after 7 days, though due to a time zone difference of 7 hours between my daughter and me, it was submitted with a 1 day delay, adding up to 8 days after baggage delivery.<br />
I think Air France are in more need for happy customers than they realize themselves. Today they just lost five customers, since we're a family of five.
More Air France Complaints & Reviews
- Air France - Stay away from Air France!
- Air France - LOST LUGGAGE
- Air France - Poor service!
- Air France - Kafka-esque refund runaround
- Air France - AIR FRANCE - 24 HOUR DELAY NO HOTEL NO FOOD
- Air France - Lost baggage and Air France denial!
- Air France - Delayed/Lost Luggage
- Air France - Claims for Air France Flight Delay
- Air France - Hidden restriction & fees
- Air France - Transport of medication