Air Chinarebooking a ticket

P Oct 31, 2018

I was given a flight by Air China from Beijing to Vancouver that was supposed to leave at 15:20 to arrive at 11:00 am Vancouver time. The ticket I was given by an Air China staff member was departing at 17:20 and when I confronted the information desk to ask how to fix this because I would miss my 1:00 pm flight from Vancouver to Edmonton. Another staff member at the information desk she could not do and I would have to wait for the boarding time and the people at the gate would help me with the ticket. I walked around for five hours around gates to ask for actual help or advice but they all said they could not help me. I only got apologies and avoidance from most staff members. Finally I returned to the information desk and asked if I could speak to Air China through the phone and I spent more than an hour on hold and given false information. The false information was that the staff st the gate could cancel my next flight and get me a new one immediately. When it was boarding time they finally told me they could not do anything from the Beijing system and i would have to wait till I got to Vancouver. So they basically told me that I wasted my energy trying to get Air China to fix their mistakes and in the end no one could help me immediately. I now have a new boarding pass from Air Canada and they were far more efficient and quick to help me when I landed then the Beijing Air China airport. Never flying with them again.