AHMSIMortgage

The scam stops here! We are blowing the whistle! We have recently went through the remodification process too. We have been on this website and seen all the complaints. As well as Option One Mortgage complaints, who we also had before.
We are now having trouble with the remodification we did over 6 months ago. After we made 4 months of payments they are coming back with finance charges due to taxes that were suppose to be added in remodification loan.
WE HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A VERY HIGH PROFILE LAWYER. He wants to take the case on with an associate of his. We wont to know if anyone wants to come aboard. (Be a name to plaintiff in the lawsuit). If so PLEASE e-mail us http://[email protected]
The more people on board the stronger we can make the case. This is huge we are not messing around! The Ohio AG(attorney general) as already filed a lawsuit over service claims againest AHMSI. See for yourself http://www.housingwire.com/2009/11/05/ahmsi-ohio-ag-swap-lawsuits-over-servicing-claims/
Our lawyers want to dig very deep into this!
!!! WE NEED YOUR RESPONSE ASAP !!!

• Al
    alisha26_1999 Oct 12, 2010

I am also ready to join the suit..I will be emailing my information. My story is similar. I originally applied in July after i became unemployed and then was told i had to wait til November to apply which i did. By that time i think i had become 2 months behind. I also had to resend faxes several times throughout the process because they claimed to have never gotten them and had to refill out paperwork in April because they said the form had changed because it had been so long. I finally got a trial payment plan in Feb for March April and Mays payments. I made all my trial payments ontime and received a loan mod agreement. I signed it and sent it back and finally felt relieved. I continued my payments ontime. Two payments later i was able to pay online again as i had before. My account showed all the information as was stated in the agreement. In August I received a statement that has some odd charges to my account on it. I called to inquire what it was for. The customer service rep. put me on hold to find out. I have always asked for the home retention department or someone working on my load each time i call and am told they dont have that information and i have to speak with them. the last rep i spoke to also refused to let me speak to a supervisor saying i has spoke to one before and it wont change anything and they cant tell me anything different. So anyways, she comes back and says "do you know the status of your loan?" to her i reply that i finished my trial payments signed the modification paperwork back in April and made the final payment in May and have continued to pay. "What do you mean?" i said. She said your loan is on hold for a calculation error on our end that someone flagged in July. She said my last two payments were in an account and not yet applied to my loan while they fix the problem. I didnt understand but she couldnt or wouldnt explain further. Just told me to keep calling every couple weeks to see if it was corrected. I called two weeks later and every week after that to be told the same ol story. Now its October and ive yet to see it corrected. Meanwhile they just keep collecting my payment and i get told im more and more behind when i call before i can explain to them that im going through a modification and there was some kind of error. then they read their notes or whatever and tell me nothing has changed yet, keep checking back. uggghhh

Alisha
    Angry in Michigan
    [email protected]

• Si
    simssaints Jul 10, 2010

Suffice it to say that we have the same EXACT problems. May try to see if attorney general in VT is able to do something. India people may not even know where we are on a map. Frustration plus when you sit in limbo.

Janice Guthrie Jun 09, 2010

I also, have had nothing but trouble with them fighting them for almost 3 yrs over my escrow account they were double charging me on. I have been in my home and never had problems until refinanced with Option One the second time which also was through H & R Block. The story is long, so I will try to be brief. I started the loan modification process almost a year ago. First the Hamp then they denied me for that with bogus excuse after another, just made my first payment on their own modification where the put me up against the wall. They gave me 2 wks to either get it back to them or they would foreclose in 2 wks.
    They over charged me thousands and thousands of dollars in bogus fees and charges.
    My lawyer said just sign the modification and then you need to go after them once you start paying on the modification.
    He nor myself never could get the same person on the line or any straight answers throughout the process. He was always trying to find out about what all the fee's and charges were for. He never could even talk to anyone at their supposed Law firm that was representing them. My lawyer calls them and the law firm just "Forclosure Factories". [email protected]

I'm ready to join in or start my own lawsuit, so please let me know what's the process or what has been done thus far. Contact me via my e-mail

Janice
    Angry in Austin Tx

MAD AND ALMOST HOMELESS May 04, 2010

GOOD EVENING TO ALL,

MY COMPLAINT WITH AHMSI IS THE LACK OF ADEQUATE ASSISTANCE THAT THEY OFFER TO YOU AS THE HOME OWNER.

AMHSI BOUGHT MY LOAN FROM CHASE FINANCIAL IN 2008.

MY FINACIAL SITUATION CHANGED TOWARDS THE END OF 2008 AND IN MARCH 2009, WHEN MY MORTGAGE WAS 1 MONTH BEHIND, I CONTACTED AHMSI IN SEARCH OF SOME ASSISTANCE IN THE AREA OF MODIFIYING MY LOAN.

I WAS ASSIGNED A NEGOTIATOR (CJ LANG) IN MAY 2009, LAST CONVERSATION WITH THE NEGOTIATOR WAS IN JUNE 2009.

CALLED AGAIN IN SEPT 2009, TO FIND OUT THE STATUS OF THE MODIFICATION, ALL THE WHILE STRUGGLING TO MAKE THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT (NOW 2 MONTHS BEHIND) RECEIVED NO RESPONSE, BY PHONE OR LETTER.

CALLED AGAIN IN OCT 2009, LEFT MESSAGE, NO RESPONSE BY PHONE OR LETTER, SO I SEND A PAYMENT (1 MONTH AND A HALF WORTH)

ALL OF A SUDDEN IN DEC 2009 I CALL AND THEY INFORM ME THAT MY HOME IS IN FORECLOSURE, (WHAT THE HELL?????)

I ASKED WHAT HAPPEN TO THE MODIFICATION PROCESS, AND THEY SAID IT WAS CANCELLED IN OCT 2009(WHAT THE HELL???????) NO LETTER OR RETURNED CALLS WHERE MADE TO ME, AND SINCE DEC 2009 I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING TO KEEP MY HOME, FAXING INFORMATION ONCE A WEEK, CALLING TWICE A WEEK, SPEAKING TO DIFFERENT RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS WHO DONT SEEM TO CARE OR GIVE A DAMN, THEY DONT COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER, OR MAY BE THEY DO, THEY ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER TO HUMILIATE YOU AND TRY TO MAKE YOU BELEIVE THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU.

IF THE RECESSION HAD NOT AFFECTED MY EMPLOYMENT, I WOULD HAVE LOVE TO HAVE TOLD AHMSI TO KISS MY A#s AND WENT TO REFINANCE WITH A BANK, AT LEAST I CAN SEE THOSE ### FACE TO FACE.

THIS COMPANY SUCKS

• Ju
    Juel Endres Apr 14, 2010

I agree this company AHMSI is impossible to deal with, not only are you connected to India, but if you are able to talk to a US person, you can never get the same rep. and they have to look at your file and each one tells a different story...We was accepted into a Loan Mod. Trial period in September 2009, after making all our payments on time we are now into April 2010, I have never been notified if the modifcation has gone through, in January the rep that answered the phone said that I was to be notified in writting why I wasn't qualified if it was to be turned down, at that time they told me to call HUD, which tried to help me, but still no concrete answer...now I am getting certified letters that they may start forclosure procedings. I am at my wits end, if a class action suite is in the works I want to join...my lawyer has also tried to get answers and she can't get through either. Something is so wrong here, how many of us have to complain, before somebody listens...
    Juel Endres
    Seattle, WA

• Di
    Diana L May Mar 19, 2010

I want in. We are getting nothing but double talk from them. I also have a long story which I will share if there is a lawsuit commencing. As it is now they may be throwing a family of 14 out on the streets. My email is [email protected] My phone number is [protected]. I live in Michigan. I have kept a diary of all my dealing with them along with every phone call. I have been calling them once a week for about 2 months now, but since we are running out of time I have been calling even more. They told me yesterday that I am not allowed to call more than once a week, they are busy, and have other customers. Just let me know what I can do. Thanks
    Diana

• Ah
    AHMSI Mar 11, 2010

This company needs to be closed down and the owners need to get responsible! I have been making all my payments to date however harrassed by these idiots as if I haven't and threatened forclosure with endless calls as if I was being sought out by a debt collector. I inherited this company due to my last lender getting taken down by the FBI. NOW, to make matters worse, AHMSI is telling me the old company was audited and they found I didn't make a payment, so AHMSI to date has not shown me any proof, dispite my faxed request and yet still sending me letters of demand. The plot continues to thicken and absolutely no-one @ AHMSI cares because they are getting away with it!!!

I have been waiting to apply for the modification since its inception however my last lender was fradulent and since I inherited AHMSI, it's been a freekin nightmare and I still cannot apply because of the obvious ~ they preform like a bunch of uneducated, unprofessional slime. How does the owner and all the employees live with themselves?

• Wr
    wRIGHTS-FAMILY Feb 22, 2010

Our lawyer is in deposition for the next two weeks. The IT person is working with the web designer to allow information from visitors to the site to be added in certain areas. Sorry it is tking longer than expected. We will keep you posted.

Kevin & Tracy

• Un
    unbelieivable Feb 19, 2010

My name is debra robinson my # is [protected] i'm in washington state ahmsi has maid my life a nightmaremy payments have went from 721 to 2800 they have put ins on my housouse when i already had ins they payed my taxes then charched all of this to my ecrow and raised my payments to 2861.61 month i morgaged another piece of property to pay them 10, 000.00 along with my monthly payments on a promise the would lower my payments now the took the $$$and say i owe then another 6, .000 i want a law suit too debra robinson [email protected]

sad stroke survivor Jan 31, 2010

I am AFRAID OF THESE PEOPLE. We refinanced our home in an emergency situation in 2004 with Ameriquest, who WAS sued in Class Action. Two months after refinancing our home of 26 years, my husband had two heart attacks, and two months after that, I had a bleed stroke that left me paralyzed and disabled. It was a 2-year fixed rate, then an ARM, and after Ameriquest sold our loan to CitiResidential, THEY sold it to these horrible people at AHMSI.
    Last fall, I tried to get a loan remodification, and everytime I sent the information, they wouldn't contact me back, then claimed too much time had passed and we had to start over. Then they said, when I called again at the beginning of January, 2010, that we don't qualify, because our income ratio doesn't meet the guidelines - what? My husband makes less than $21, 000/yr and I am on SSDI!!!
    Oh, we have NEVER missed a payment, but I have to pay later in the month because that is when I get my SSDI check, based on my birthday. AHMSI just tacks on more and more fees, refuses to let me make my payments online, held money in suspense for no reason, and now is charging for sending letters out WHEN WE ARE NOT EVEN 30 days late!

My husband is having open heart surgery tomorrow. I am glad I have not signed new loan modification papers with these rip-off artists. I, like so many others, had problems communicating with the India representatives. I have trouble communicating on the phone anyway, and every time these people make me cry, even though I explain that I am a stroke survivor. They have mis-applied monies that I sent to catch up on late fees, and nothing changed.

We bought our home in 1977. Now, I am sad and distressed. I wish I knew who to call for help here where I live in Texas. I am really worried about losing our home, which isn't worth much to begin with, considering. Infuriates me that I make the payment every month, and they STILL harass me, and threaten foreclosure (just got a letter) even when I've already set up the payment in advance to be taken out of our bank account on a certain date - and THEN they don't apply the payment as I designated - EVEN IF I PUT IT IN WRITING AND FAX IT, LIKE THEY MADE ME DO LAST MONTH, when I took money out of grocery money to pay toward their thieving late fees!

Any help, appreciated. Blessings to all.

• Ac
    AC in Missouri Nov 06, 2009

I agree with all of you. I was formerly with Citi until the bailout. First of all, how can Citi get a bailout and sell off all of their loans? AHMSI did modify my loan right away which made me very happy and more comfortable with my payment being almost $300 per month lower and a lower interest rate. At that point I thought everything was fine. Then taadaa, I lost my job of 17.5 years in May. Ever since then I have tried to get them to at least lower my payments temporarily since I am the only person living in or responsible for the home. They basically told me to make the payment or face foreclosure. Then two months later when I was late for the first time they called and want to suddenly be helpful. They sent me a load of documents to see if I qualify for their home retention program. It took three weeks to get it by snail mail!! I filled everything out, made copies, and returned the packet the same day. I call today, another three weeks later only to find they need (get this) documentation of additional income. How is it not clear that I am living on unemployment???? I have exhausted my severence and my savings and they want to know where my additional income is. It is all I can do to maintain composure. And yes - they are all from India!!! Why? The name of the company is American...I'm all for diversity and equal opportunity but I lost my job and someone in India is determining if I get to keep the home I have lived in for 15 years or not.

AC in Missouri

• Ph
    phreaks Aug 22, 2009

Yup they are awful. Now, they have removed the online payment options, and they charge me $80, 2 months in a row to make my payment via telephone.

What a scam. The joke will end up being on them though. My house is now appraising at 180k and I owe 304k on it. I also have a 10.2% interest rate. The house isn't worth it, not in this horrible town. We are just bidding our time until we can mail they keys abck and tell AHMSI to go f themselves.

I have homless people walking by my home every morning now, pushing shopping carts full of garbage.

304k + 10.2% interest + $80 per month telephone payment fee? Really, how is this acceptable? Oh Right, Barney Frank and the other nitwits in congress are buddies with the owner, that's how!

john zeman jr Jun 02, 2009

what can you say? it is evident this company appears to be scaming their way to the top just like ameriquest

• Ro
    Rosemarie Carreras Jun 02, 2009

Hello,

This is a horrible company. They tell you to send a certain amount for escrow that is due and you send it and they will not credit your monthly payment beacause they say that you are still short.

No one there understands anything and when you get a supervisor he does not understand anthing. They talk to you like you are stupid when you know they are stealing your money.

Can anything be done about this company? I am so feed up with them I send my mortgage on time every month and because they can not figure out the mess they made for themselves they want to say that I am late and charge me a late fee when my money is sitting not beginging credit to my account because of a mistake they have made. This is one company that really need to go out of business.

Rosemarie Carreras
    [email protected]

• Ni
    Nick Apr 30, 2009

My husband and I have a mortgage with AHMSI, we have tried to do a loan mod 3 diff times. The first time we were told that he made too much money. The second time was when he lost his job and we were using only my income (I ended up loosing my job a mnth later) they told us we didnt make enough money. My husband just recently found a new job and he makes about $20, 000 less a year and I am still out of work. We have 4 kids that we are supporting on his $13.00 hr job not to mention the $1097 mortgage payment each mnth. We called AHMSI again on the 2nd of April and was told to send in all the info again, and that he should qualifiy this time for the mod. Well needless to say we did that and never heard back from them. So we called last night and was told that he once again makes too much money and we didnt qualify. He told them that we have never been late on our payment and that we have completely depleted our savings and 401K accounts to pay the mortgage payments, and that we will only be able to pay one more mnth at the $1097 amount. He asked if he needed to put the house into forclouser in order for them to help, and he was told that they would reopen the request and send it to the crisis department and he should call again in 72 hrs. He also told them that we tried to refinance last year and our home appraised for $40, 000 less than we paid due to the economy, however I dont think that they really cared. I agree with Lili and I wont stop until they help me save my HOME and I plan to raise hell until I get an answer.

• Li
    Lili Apr 02, 2009

I agree with the both of you. I had to deal with these people when Citi sold my mortgage to them after they received bailout money. They apparently received my account at the end of January but Citi explained that the information would not be in their files until February 11, 2009. I called AHMSI
    Feb. 10, 2009 and was told that I needed $16, 000.00. When Citi had my mortgage, I needed only $8, 000. That was in December, so how did the amount double in 2 months time. My mortgage payment is $1550 per month. It didn't go from $8000 to $10, 000 but to $16, 000 according to AHMSI. During the month of February it jumped to $17, 000 and today to $19, 742.52. On March 5, 2009, I received a loan re-modification package in which I followed line for line and submitted all that was asked of me. March the 12th I received a misleading letter that had the check list restated and at the bottom it said that I did not qualify saying that I did not qualify and so I called and was told that everything was fine to send the loan mod fee of $250 (stated in the mod package as a future requirement), and so I ran out to get the cashier's check and overnighted it. At first, each time I called I would get a foreigner that I couldn’t understand and then I started reaching what appears to be American reps, all of them reassured me that everything was fine and that the process takes 30-60 days for final review and that they were sure that the processing dept was behind in their processing and that was why I hadn't heard or received any communications from them. I was told not to call as I had been which was almost every day, because the modification process takes 30-60 days. Instinctively I called today, April 2, 2009 to be told that it was decided that I do not qualify for a re-mod and that I need to come up with almost $10, 000 by Monday, in 3 days. At this point I believe what they are doing is going through the motions of what is legally required to cover themselves and to justify any bailout money they have or could possibly get from the bailout money, but have no intensions to help any one or very few people. I am pissed because from February 10, 2009 to today, April 2, 2009, I've spoken to 10 different reps and gotten 8 responses of a work-out until today and had 2 people to tell me that my home is still in jeopardy. I've been in my home for more than 20 years, so now what? I am going to raise all the hell that I can until someone help me save my HOME.

• Ba
    babygirlshell78 Mar 20, 2009

I totally agree with you had a simliar experince, I also reported them to the better business bureau. I would also like to comment that it would be nice to speak with someone you can UNDERSTAND what they are saying. I also reccomend that NO ONE SHOULD EVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

• Je
    Jessica Feb 05, 2009

This company is terrible. My mortgage used to be with Option One and I had no problems. As soon as this company took over the mortgage, it has been ridiculous. I pay every month on time and they give me bogus charges. I try to talk to them and I get sent to India. Can never speak to the same person. Any correspondence you send via fax, e-mail, or postal service seems to go into a black hole. I've been trying to update my name for almost a year and it still hasn't been corrected. I wish I could get out of this mortgage. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. If you can at all get out of their mortgage servicing, DO IT!

• Da
    david Feb 04, 2009

i have tried numerous times to phone AHMSI to make a payment. they have not sent me a payment for 3 months now. When i want to pay on time they want to charge me $8.OO. how is it no one does anything about this?

david

• Re
    Rebecca Dec 30, 2008

I have never in my entire life dealt with such a horrible company. Someone should take them to court and sue the life out of them. I fell behind and immediately tried to contact them on how to resolve the situation. Would sit on the phone for hours and hours and each time someone would pick up the phone it was a different person and you would have to explain all over again. I'm at my wits end. We ended up getting a loan mod but with ridiculous terms. I asked for paperwork to be sent to me before I sent in a check for $12, 000 and they said they don't do that until they receive my $!!! Are you kidding me? I spoke with some guy in India and could not understand him whatsoever! Who is regulating these people?? I'm ready to walk off and they can have my home which is not worth what I owe and shove it! Don't ever do business with these people, they are scam artists and sharks! Stay out of the water!