Adore Organic Innovationsshameful sales tactics

K Review updated:

I am writing a summary of my experience with Adore Cosmetics to hopefully prevent others from making the same expensive mistake I did.

My daughter and I were spending a fun day shopping at the Miracle Mile shops in Las Vegas on May 15, 2014. As we were about to leave the mall, we were offered a beauty sample by a lady standing outside the door of Adore. As we reached for the sample, she got very close to us and asked us to please step over the door threshold so she wouldn’t get in trouble. Of course, we didn’t want her to get in trouble so we crossed the threshold and were immediately whisked into a chair by a very smooth and flattering guy named Josh. He said he had some products that were better than a facelift that he wanted to demonstrate. He put some gel under my eye, let it dry, than placed another product on top of it. It did look better than the other eye and he could sell them to me $900! I said no thank you. Then he started offering to add some other products to the deal and demonstrated a facial peel on my daughter’s forearm that looked like it removed a lot of dead skin and dirt. (From other reviews I’ve read it will do the same thing to a clean countertop and light bulb!) Then he starting lowering the price and telling me other people in the store had gotten less and paid more. Before I knew it, I was suckered into 6 products for $400. I felt uneasy about spending that kind of money, but I figured I was getting a high end product for a deal. He had someone else ring up the purchase and bring the receipt to the chair I was sitting in rather than have me go to the register. I do not recall if it was a paper or electronic receipt that I signed. When I asked for the directions on how to use the product, Josh gave me his email address and told me to send him an email and he would instruct me on how to use them.

We rushed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. I washed my face because Josh did tell me to use the product at night and not to wear make-up over it. The longest I could have had the product on was one hour. The area under my eye was a little red. We went out to dinner and spent the evening doing some sight-seeing. The entire time, the eye under which the product had been applied was watering. By the time we got back, the area was very red and swollen. I immediately realized I had made a mistake in purchasing these products, but I figured I would be able to return them since they appeared to be such a high end store. I found my receipt and was dismayed to find “No refunds” on it. This was my first indication that these products were not refundable. I was not told this and I did not see it when I signed the receipt.

After a fitful night of sleep, I returned to the store prepared for a fight, but hoping they would do the right thing. I had not opened any of the products. The girls at the store told me I had applied it wrong. (I didn’t apply it. They did!) Then they told me they don’t take returns and pulled out a sign from behind the register stating that fact. (Remember, I did not go to the register to pay.) They offered to exchange the items I bought, but I explained that since I was leaving town the next morning, I would not have time to test another product. Then they started talking to each other in another language which I thought was very rude and unprofessional. They suggested I call customer service which I did while still in the store. When I called, the representative asked which line of products I had bought and gave me the impression that Adore is not their only line of products. She told me to fill out a customer claim form and fax it to her. When I explained that I was leaving town and would not be able to return to the store, she told me I would have to mail the items to them. She gave me the impression that a return was possible.

After returning home, I filled out the form and emailed it to them. On May 27 I received a reply that they don’t take returns due to liability issues. She also said that the law requires that they place a sign stating their no refund policy in front of the register. She offered to exchange the products or give a store credit. When I explained that I had not seen the no refund policy because the receipt was brought to me, she claimed they do it that way as a courtesy to their customers. When I pointed out that reputable cosmetic companies allow you to return products, she compared their no return policy to Forever 21 and Bikini Bay which I thought was ridiculous since they aren’t comparable products. She did admit that not all of their sales people relay their return policy verbally as they are trained. I asked her to send me a copy of the receipt that I signed so I could possibly tell whether it was electronic or paper receipt. She did, but I cannot tell for certain what kind of receipt it was. However, I usually take the time to neatly sign my name and this one looks messy which makes me think it was an electronic receipt. I don’t believe what I signed had the return policy on it.

By the way, my husband stayed a few days longer in Las Vegas and walked through the mall and saw Adore was in the process of changing their signage. Are they using name changes to keep ahead of the complaints?

In summary, I believe this company is one to stay away from. If their products are so great, why do they use such deceptive and pushy means to sell them? Don’t fall for their charming sales people and their disreputable sales methods.

I am disputing the charges with my credit card company. They say I have a good case. I encourage others to do likewise.

• So
    Soggetti Sep 21, 2019

In the airport of Vienna they have a stand and are the most shameless actors and actresses; they belong in prison along with anyone else involved in this sham company.
    Their product is all fake, their prices exorbitant; these young actors should be ashamed of themselves.
    I will be taking legal laction.

• Ku
    kutlou Aug 29, 2017

I, too, was almost a victim last week in Vegas. Yes, I, too, allowed myself to be whisked through the door. But, once I realized it was a scam, I decided to turn the tables on them. "Sure, I'll buy the product. Just send me the bill and I'll mail you the payment. No, I don't have a credit card or debit card. I'm old-school. Cash only." Wow, did they lose interest fast!

• Tw
    Twin lake May 25, 2017

MAY 2017 - Likewise, I had a terrible experience with Adore Cosmetics in their Vancouver Store on Robson St. They use aggressive and manipulative sales techniques to get their clients to spend thousands of dollars. When I told them I had to go, I was told "I can't believe you are turning down the offer I am giving you, but fine go". Outrageously rude, and possibly even illegal sales tactics.

STAY AWAY!

• I agree you can be bullied into the expensive product purchase. I collected lots of the free samples on my time at various places in the USA.
    However I think I got a good price for the items I purchased at the LA store. Iam very happy with the results they produce on my eyes and face. In fact I even rubbed the remaining small residue off my finger onto a spot/pimple?, which I had at the base of my hair line for some years that nothing would heal, and with in a month to 6 weeks it had gone. Also a deep crease on my top lip has been softened considerably. I have made a repeat purchase on line last year, I use very sparingly due to the cost...and this would be my only complaint very expensive and the shipping was costly to Australia too. Iam now hunting to find a store or outlet in Calgary where I hope to purchase a few bottles to bring home later in the year.
    Thanks Adore Sheridan Wallace Australia.

• Ko
    Koolikethat Aug 13, 2016

I also went with a friend to the San Francisco location a couple years back, they are "pros" I'll hand them that. They are a middle eastern company, many of the sales people including the manager claimed Israeli, heritage & there was a very abrasive, crass Russian girl who had overestimated my friends age over 10 years, when asked, "how young she looked, " to say that was rude, was an understatement the mgr. gave her a "look", my friend ended up getting talked into $700+ in products, to which she later regretted & hasn't bought anymore since. Because they're from different backgrounds, where people are aggressive, they aren't laid back & their sales tactics are "over the top".Do yourself a favor, keep walking, they're lots of fun & lay it on real thick, whatever it takes to make a sale, unfortunately not realizing these snake oil tactics create animosity & don't cultivate a loyal customer base, which in true cosmetic sales that's the whole goal, a loyal customer base creates, returning customer's, word of mouth & a growing thriving products. The number of negative comments/complaints are unbelievable, can't say I'm surprised though, when your sole goal is making a buck @ any cost, especially through exaggerations & deceptive means, what do they expect to happen.

Shanbaan Jul 04, 2016

I went to a mall in Calgary yesterday and was approached by one of the sales ladies. She handed me a sample, which was all I planned to take. Then she brought me in and then a guy came over to me and started helping me. She said he was an expert and that his parents owned the company. He started testing all kinds of peels, and moisturizers on my skin, didn't even ask if it was okay before he started. When I saw what this was, i was immediately hesitant and wanted to leave. I was approached before by almost the exact same products, which had a different name (Micabella) and spent almost $300 on a face peel and a moisturizer which ended by reacting very badly with my skin. When i went to return it, I realized that i couldnt return it, however they never told me that there were no returns. The guy was very nice the entire time, he started off my complimenting on how beautiful my eyes were and how i acted canadian because i was so nice, but i looked american because of how attractive i was (wtf). He started saying how i have beautiful skin but didnt want to have pimples and that this product would help. (mind you, im 18 and have hormonal pimples which some diamond dust will not help). He then tested a moisturizer on my skin, my first thought was wow this is so strong. SO MUCH Perfume in it, horrible. he offered the peel for $165 and then moisturizer for $100 and when i said im trying not to spend money, he said he would give me the moisturizer and peel for $165 only. and I refused the offer still. He then said he would give me the peel and moisturizer and peel for $165 and then give me a free moisturizer on top of that which i could give away or keep. He started to pull me in and i was going to buy it, but then i realized how stupid it was. When i refused that offer, he called someone on the phone and was talking in a different language. He came back and said he was going to give me the peel for only $60 and that he was going to get his girlfriend back in toronto it, but told me that i could have it instead. When i finally refused that offer, he got really mean and turned around and started mumbling under his breath and didnt even nudge when i tried to walk past him to leave the store. It was awkard and i hated it. their sale tactics are rude and uncomfortable. they should be put out of business. sales people like that just make me sick.

SandySKD May 05, 2016

I got my products in Hawaii and the same routine with the application and sales BUT it really works for me. I also received good service because when I returned home from our trip 2 of my products were only 1/2 full. I called the company and they sent me 2 new bottles within 2 days. I usually have very sensitive skin but these products have really worked. Less lines around eyes and face. Sorry all the rest of you had such a bad experience. I really am happy with the product even though it is $$$$$.

• La
    LAD79 Apr 19, 2016

Same thing happened at Miramar Outlets in Estero, FL. Scam artists big time!! They lure you into the store, then god forbid you go in the back room for the products for "deep lines" and with only $3, 900.00 you can never need a facelift, blah blah blah. When you say you can't afford, suddenly the price comes down. Still can't afford, price comes down again and more products thrown in. Thank god I walked out of the store after I was just about to buy at $2, 000.00!!! I have never felt more scammed in my life. I practically had to pull my credit card out of the salesman's hand because he promised me one price but then when he was going to charge me suddenly it was more money. I can't believe Miramar Outlets would rent to scammers like this. STAY AWAY!!! Horrible!!

Shelhutch Apr 06, 2016

I was also scammed! Thought it was strange there were no pamphlets or instructions with the products but believed the sales pitch! I'm filing in small claims court ! They shouldn't be getting away with this!

• Sm
    SMShannon Apr 01, 2016

Market Mall, Calgary, Alberta Canada. I was lucky enough to be broke that day and actually felt guilty for being broke. As soon as I walked away I snapped out of it and then decided to do a little research on the company and here is why ... As I walked by the Adore product Kiosk, the lovely young and handsome man started to offer me a sample, I specifically said, “no, thank you, I am not interested” as I do every time I am at the mall, they are consistent and pushy, to real me (or you) in, the very smooth talking "Brazilian" (He was NOT Brazilian, pretty sure he was Israeli), commented on my reebok sneakers “oh where did you get your sneakers, my sister has been looking for reeboks all over and cannot find them. May I take a picture to show her?” I figured this was harmless enough so I agreed. He of course immediately started “chatting me up” and prying for information (he said I reminded him of his sister, who was also a struggling single mom and my skin was exactly like his girlfriends (note that the girlfriend did not come up until I mentioned boyfriend, these people are smooth and manipulative and will “pretend” to be single or in a relationship or whatever based on what you tell them) used to be until she started using Adore products) and eventually (after many compliments, and life comparisons) had me convinced to sit and have a free sample and consult (He never did take that picture of my shoes). The chair is set in the kiosk so that you are “trapped” in a very small space, Counter space on 3 sides of you and your sales person on the fourth side, making it so you cannot easily leave. He started with an exfoliating facial mask on my left cheek and talked and talked about its “benefits” and “healthy properties” and that it is organic and natural and made with diamond dust and so on. Continuously commenting on my skin and keeping up the personal talk and questions. He informed me that the price is $400 but I can have it for $200. I informed him that I cannot afford these products. But he moved in closer and continued to introduced a facial milk that he put on the back of my right hand, and again stated all the benefits and such, this product was $200 and I could have it for $159, I stated “I still cannot afford these things, I was laid off a few months back and am living on EI, My EI check does not come in until next week, perhaps I will come back then.” He said that this was his last day, because he was going to Vancouver, but he would give me his business card and I could call him anytime and he would arrange a deal for me. Ok. As I started to get up, he brought out the lotion, And subtly forced me back to sitting, telling me how much my beautiful skin was and how much I needed to protect it with this beautiful product (I have very bad skin by the way, oily, red blotches here and there, constant breakouts when I am under stress, age spots here and there and so on). He put the lotion on each cheek to show how much better it absorbs if I use the exfoliating mask first … I didn’t clue into the trick here, but … when he did the same on my hands to show me how much better it absorbs after using the “milk” I caught it. 1. He puts twice as much on the non-treated hand. 2. On the treated hand, he very quickly, and subtly wipes most of it off and then “rubs in” a fraction of the amount put on while on the non-treated hand he not only “rubbed in” the amount he originally put on but he also uses the amount he pulled off the other hand leaving the lotion not fully absorbed. This product is normally $200 and I can have for $99. I remind him that I still have no money. He pulled out his phone to show me some before and after pictures of some of his personal customers, he showed me 4 different people of the before and then the 4 weeks later ... Funny thing is, all 4 of them had the exact hair style, pose and clothes in both their before and after photos … suspicious? Photoshop? I say definitely! This process continued (for 45 minutes!) until the $400 exfoliating mask was only $49 for me only, just today and I had to keep it secret and never tell anyone. I once again (for the 7th or 8th time at this point) reminded him that I am broke until I receive my EI next week, but if he gave me his card, I would come back next week and purchase the exfoliating mask, His response blew me away, he very coldly and “snippy” says as he FINALLY stepped out of my way, “I just remembered, I do not have any business cards left“ and then he turned away from me. This man went from the sweetest, most personable attentive man to the coldest and rudest in a microsecond. If there was ever a chance that I would purchase an Adore product, not only is that chance gone forever, but I will make it a point to share my story with anyone and everyone to make sure they lose business! I was disgusted with their conniving tactics.
    These sneaky people make you feel like you need to give them your money, they make you feel like you cannot leave without spending a lot of money on worthless products, they make you feel like you are the center of the world. They lie, manipulate and scam you. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE ADORE ORGANIC INNOVATION PRODUCTS EVER!!!

Anissa Eiter Neubauer Mar 24, 2016

I had the exact same experience, however it was in Miami. I have spent months fighting this and even went to the Florida States Attorney's office. They told me that the owner offered to give me a credit or exchange the product. They also told me that I could file a compliant with the Food and Drug Administration since Adore claims their products are organic. The Attorney General's office told me that if others that had the same experience in the state of Florida and you file a complaint with the Attorney General's office, that give them more ammunition to take legal action against the store. I'm assuming you can do the same thing in Nevada. You can go to this line to file a complaint in Florida: http://www.myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/E3EB45228E9229DD85257B05006E32EC

• Ro
    robert bush Feb 23, 2016

in las vegas in sept.2015 my 72 year old wife was attacked by these high presure salesmanon fremont st. They ended up getting $1680.00 from her
    once you sign that receipt you are screwed. They prey on elderly women. I filed a complaint with las vegas consumer complaint department. They sent me a nice letter but basicly they do not care... Robert

Jazzz12 Feb 11, 2016

Had literally the exact same experience in vegas, at the miracle mile shops! discusting, lying sales tactics, inferior product. Please stay away from Adore! Dont fall for their appauling sales tactics (like I did!) it is an absolute con.

• Re
    Reviewer95864 Jan 23, 2016

While looking at the Sam's add, it popped up as a sample, I assumed it was connected with Sams so I filled out the info to get the sample for $1.99 and put in my credit card info. The charge appeared on my account information. Less than 3 weeks later an unauthorized charge of $98.41 is pending. Calling my bank as soon as they open to file a dispute. My fault, but hoping no one else falls for their "sample".

Joyce Samuel Jan 23, 2016

I was stopped in Polaris Mall Columbus Ohio with compliment about my beautiful skin. I'm a 65 year old licensed Esthetician. Figured if my mature skin managed all these years without $1, 000 products, I would continue my usual regime. Did buy hakf price hand and body cream. Actually excellent product --only Borghese worrks better!

• Ge
    GeraldineL Jan 06, 2016

I saw their stand at CES in Las Vegas today and watched as she fanned a woman sitting on a stool around the eyes. The woman was quite young and didn't even have any wrinkles! As the CES is about new technology, I assumed this product/company had been vetted, so I let her put stuff on one eye, and then she rubbed some other stuff around my cheek. She then put something else on my cheek and rubbed it in telling me it would feel hot (which it did). She assured me that if I applied the eye cream and this thick stuff nightly for a week and then weekly, my wrinkles would disappear, because the stuff was organic and highly technological, and it would stimulate the muscles around my eyes and cheeks (and neck).
    I live in Australia, so I asked her if it was available there. She said they worked with several plastic surgeons there. Which is strange, why would a plastic surgeon sell you face cream that did what he/she could do with a knife and make a lot more money from? So I started to get suspicious.
    She then told me that the product for my cheeks was normally $1500, but today it was reduced to $700, only today though, and the eye cream was reduced from whatever, to $250 and it would last me two years. She produced a mirror to show me how well the treatment had worked in such a short time, but believe me, it hadn't! And I am only 74!
    I escaped, telling her I would see if my husband could see any difference when we met up again later. And decided to look on the Internet to see who these plastic surgeons were who sold their product at home. Then I found the criticisms...
    Enjoy your wrinkles, and use face creams from companies you are comfortable with, and, don't go into stores where they call out to you to come in ever again!

• Te
    TeriLu Jan 05, 2016

I must say that All of the above comments are practically to the letter of the experience my wife had in Las Vegas. The company that represented ADORE is called High End Cosmetics. They have very deceptive sales practices!! The "no refund" was not visible nor explained or pointed out. Stay away!! I'm afraid you won't see these posts until after the fact as these guys will hit you at a weak moment on your vacation and give you the "bums rush" sales spiel with Champagne and skilled deceptive salesmen.

• Ra
    Ralphncharlie Dec 17, 2015

Pretty much same thing, in St. Augustine Florida, short of a sale.

• Di
    Dianna Sewell Brown Dec 13, 2015

Same thing happened to me and my daughter at West County Mall in St. Louis. I knew better but let the lady do her spiel. Then I left. $498 a bottle?? Seriously, I use Noxema and my skin looks great. Don't fall for them. Next time I'm calling them on it... did they ask any of you if you were Irish or German... because my skin responded SO well to their products I must be of Irish or German lineage?? LOL. Don't fall for it and spread the word. I have a feeling this is the same group of people who used to run the Sea Salt scams in the malls.

Sherri Lyoness Lichti Nov 26, 2015

I too got scammed!! Got brought into the store with a sample of hand cream and the lady kept pointing out all the flaws on my face BUT she had a cream for everyone of them! I kept telling her I couldn't afford it she kept adding this and adding that ( free she said ) I ended up with a $1100.00 bill. When I looked at my receipt everything I got was listed but no amount was beside it! It also was not stated on my receipt no returns as she claims it does. I call every day to speak to the manager and keep getting the run around that he is away!! I will keep calling! I live 2 hours away from where I bought this stuff but just might be worth showing up and making a scene haha...I agree with everyone WALK AWAY

• Au
    AuroraSnow Nov 20, 2015

I have the same experience in San Francisco. I found some avenue how to report this incident. I called Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to file a complaint. You can either file your complaint on their web site: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1 or call [protected]. The FTC agent advised me to also file a complaint with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as FDA take cares of cosmetic safety. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home or call [protected]. You can also report to Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/. On this FTC web site http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0228-solving-consumer-problems, listed more avenue to file a complaint. A success story by FTC: FTC Returns Money to Consumers Who Bought Allegedly Bogus Weight-Loss Products https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/10/ftc-returns-money-consumers-who-bought-allegedly-bogus-weight

• Wo
    WorldWanderer Nov 17, 2015

I see all this happened a year ago. I was in Cologne Germany a month ago - same deal standing outside, get you inside and start the pitch. Wanted 200 euro for 12 eye gel packs, use one a month they said, all natural peptides. They kept wanting to do a treatment, told them I had no time, told them I'd buy one gel pack and order the rest over the internet or buy it when I was home in Canada if I liked it. Bought one for 25€ but they weren't pleased, head guy came over and told me I'd need the serum as well, told them they had not mentioned that any serum was needed. Thanked them and left which totally pissed then off. Still have the gel pack but am now afraid to use it after reading this. Thx

sassie7001 Jun 01, 2017

@WorldWanderer Same at the designer center at Roermond Holland. Charming polite pushy sales said he was russian ! defo not the other chap said he was jewish defo not . knew they were something like iraqies or turkish or something like that. Were not very happy when I did not by the products. 350 euro for under eye cream and gel one a firmer the other he said was collagen. Said he goes to paris and then on to Koln in germany cologne to people outside of germany. I thought sure to much did not add. Sales tactics to a tee that is for sure the same with contact me on my email called himself rommone guessing he calls him self something different in different areas. Steer clear.

• Lu
    lun Oct 30, 2015

The same happened to me in Cologne, Germany but I insisted on a refund. The sales person pretended to be Americans and spoke English to me. Exact same sales techniques as named above. I was offered a free facial and got a free product because he wanted me to use it so much because he was so passionate about making people happy..blablabla..I'm sure they are trained like robots to do the same all over the world. I saw the reviews after purchase and returned a day later to insist on a refund. They were very reluctant but I still insisted on it saying that I would go everywhere to get my money back..And they refunded it - although I'd opened the products.
    Same in German now:
    Achtung, bitte nicht hereinfallen. Ganz perfide, durchtriebene Verkaufstaktik. Sie holen sich Leute mit Hautproblemen in den Laden und geben an, persönlich Interesse zu haben, dass einem geholfen wird. Zeigen Photos auf dem iphone von Kunden vorher und nachher. Es sah vielversprechend aus. Zeigen EcoCert Label, was aber Quatsch ist. Das ist keine Naturkosmetik. Gehen total runter im Preis, wenn man zögert. Schenken Gesichtsbehandlung etc. Bon ist auf Englisch und deshalb in Deutschland schon mal nicht korrekt - wo No Refunds drauf steht.

• Ni
    Nina 890 Oct 15, 2015

I was talked into buying their very expensive products to naturally make my skin smoother and more healthy. I was told that lines will slowly disappear with use of certain creams. I was told that they will throw in for free a non-surgical face lift facial. There seemed to be confusion about the date for the facial because they kept telling me a different date when I'd call to confirm, but I did finally have it. I was told I was lucky because the person giving the facial was one of the creators of the product line who happened to be in the city that day. As he was applying the gel he told me the facial was worth $8600.00 and 14 carat gold would be applied. He started talking about special prices for monthly facials and I told him that I had already spent more than I can afford, but that I'd tell others about it. And I said I had been pulled off the street and I don't usually spend money like this. He politely excused himself and some time later the original salesman came in and said the other had to catch a plane today or tomorrow or sometime. Then that one applied the mask and continued with sales pitches. I told him my skin felt like it was burning, but he kept calling me darling and seemed unconcerned. I couldn't get out of there without spending another $100.00. The sales pitches are unrelenting and would take up 20 pages to write. My concern now is not the $700.00 plus tax that I spent in total. My skin looks awful. 5 days have passed and I'm still burnt, lines are deeper, and my neck is super irritated with skin looking like strings going down, deeper lines, and a puffy-look. Since having the facial I've avoided using their products and have been using aloe vera, oatmeal masks, natural products that have been good to my skin up until this. I am hoping the skin will settle and be better. I was not told that any of this would happen. I look years older today. I am afraid to use their creams. Will my skin return to normal?

• Ms
    Ms B541 Oct 06, 2015

Did fall for the SCAM! I got hooked in the store in LasVegas on Freemont Street.. Lucas kept telling my card was not going through... $6, 200.00 later... Redness on face and allergic reaction...There response to me was to bad, it ----- to be you...How can they continue to rip people off. My purchase was 09/16/15...

• Wr
    Wri Sep 18, 2015

I am posting a response as I do agree with the approach of the adore cosmetics sales force. I was also very upset with myself after paying $800 for many of their products (about 6 products) after s trip to the mall just to pick up a little lunch before returning to my office. This was May 2013. I couldn't get a refund so I decided to use the products. After six months of use I had folks that began asking, "what are you using in your skin". I said the only difference is the adore cosmetics. I had dark circles around my eyes and started using the eye cream. It burned at first but then my skin got use to it. I was determined to get my money's worth. I can't remember the names of each and I'm away for home writing this so I don't have anything to refer to. The products were for eye puffiness and one for dark circles. The other was a cleanser and the gold cream for deeper cleansing. I also had a daily moisturizer and a night cream. I saw a major difference in my skin after a year. After all ran out I continued to buy the night cream as all together the creams would have cost well more than $800 from their website. Now after almost 1 year of using the creams and 1.5 mostly the night cream, I get so many compliments on how young I look. I even see the difference. I'm 49 and I have to say myself and I'm not steal complimentary person, I look no older than 35. To qualify though, I do eat right and work out which are probably a great contributors as well. My sons who are married men and my single daughter get questions from their colleagues as to whether I'm their sister. I wish I could say it was just good genes but that's not the case. So for whatever it's worth, the products have worked for me. I'll continue to buy the small jar of night cream both in the morning and at night at $400 per jar. One jar lasts me lose to a year, using it sparingly.

• Ay
    Ay Lin Sep 16, 2015

Same experience as the rest of these people, but in San Francisco. Its eerie to read the same words that were used on me, and the same tactics. I made it through about 30 minutes of answering my sales persons insipid questions with my own lack luster responses. I felt like i was in a theatrical production, and there were certain responses i was supposed to give. i grew up in the middle east and all of this felt very familiar. I also felt like i was being 'sold' something with out my consent. Products were being placed into a bag- with the assumption that i was buying...but i wasn't. As i was about to leave, another guy came up and gave me the line about a damaged product and selling it to me at cost. He told me not to breathe a word to anyone about this, and that he knew i would give them good feedback, so he wanted me to have the product even though he wouldn't make a profit off of it. I gave him one creditcard, which he ran and told me was declined?! so i gave him another card. I should have just shrugged and walked away. However like some other people have noted, i actually felt like i couldn't leave the store with out buying something, like i was almost being held hostage. Its a very awkward feeling, being accosted with compliments and passive aggressive insults, all under the guise of wanting me to buy the product. I was surprised to find myself acting like a hostage and buying the 'damaged product'. This is why i don't go in to malls or engage with random people on the street. What can i say? Shame on me. I'll just chalk it up as a reminder that i too can be swindled. At least i'm not allergic to the product:)

• Ly
    Lydia Strang Sep 10, 2015

I am so glad I walked away...Same exact thing happened to me. We were at Foxwoods in Ct. Tangers Outlet. August 2015. I was handed a sample and pulled in . I refused to sit down because I was waiting for my sons across the way. Eye serum etc..same pattern all the above reviews state. My son walked in to come get me and she started on him because he is 13 and has pimples. I said I have no money today, I'll come back. She walked away and came back and said she got the OK to give me an awesome deal of $199. I said no again and snickered. My son is young and felt bad because the sales lady was all sweet but I stuck to my decision and so happy I did. STAY AWAY AND DO NOT GET PULLED IN!!!...I'm an hour away from store, I think I will go back and play around with them and ask tons of questions and ask to see their refund policy as I'm about to purchase a bunch of stuff I'll never buy...hahahahaha..

• Ka
    Kathryn Stock Aug 26, 2015

I was just scammed at the Adobe Organics Innovations Store in Las Vegas last week. A very good looking, smooth talking young man, who called himself Robert, told me that all the products he was using on my skin were very healthy and 100% organic; when in fact none of the products he sold to me were organic. Robert said he had worked in the beauty industry for 14-15 years, resides with his wife in South Africa, and they both use the products. He said he had just come to Las Vegas after selling the same products in two European countries, one of which was Germany. Once my sister discovered the products weren't organic, I called my credit card company for assistance, and went to return the products hoping for an immediate refund for false representation. The products were still sealed, unused. A guy calling himself Thomas was there instead. He said that Robert was not there that day, was new to the company and inexperienced and therefore must not have know the products weren't organic. He said the real Adore product line is organic. I asked him for product brochures and he said there were none. He said he could not do a refund, that that is handled by customer service, not available to customers on the weekend. I left the products with Thomas to return to CA, and hope to be refunded.

• El
    Elfi Gilissen Aug 18, 2015

The scam has now spread to Europe. I got wheeled into their sales' talk in just that rude way in Cologne (Germany), and ended up spending way too much money, which I so regret. There is nothing I can really do about it, so I just booked it as a lesson to myself. But if others read this beforehand, I am happy to confirm that there is no special benefit to the products, which originate from Israel (by an Israeli-American company I was told). Don't buy, just go to a normal shop that you know! They do not trick you in any classical way that they could be liable for (I believe), but they certainly talk you into it in a way that makes it hard to leave the store without purchasing.

• Am
    Amy S Newmark Aug 08, 2015

Wow... I unfortunately have more product than anyone so far!!! i was in la on rodeo drive when i got
    exposed to my nightmare. The exact story from all of the above is true and ugly. I have been battling since
    i returned in june from the rodeo store, the customer service department, the website, and to no avail.
    I sent info to american express to stop my charges of $4, 200 ( oh yes i got duped, scammed, and lied to as well )
    they are crooks, and robbed all of us... I have owned a retail store for many years, so i feel like an uninformed consumer:
    they got me, romanced me with applause, champagne, and positive enforcements of "dont you want to look young like
    the movie stars, no face lift needed, never another shot of botox or fillers"???? wow wow wow they pushed so
    hard and i too never went to the cash register, or saw a policy stating no refunds, and my receipts did not say
    anthing but a total. I have no idea what cost what... Class action law suit maybe????? amy in atlanta

• Je
    jerrodsdad Aug 07, 2015

Back in July, my wife did the same thing. We were on our last day in Las Vegas and hanging around downtown. My wife and sister-in-law had stopped at the Adore location on Fremont Street. My wife ended up purchasing $1, 500 in cosmetics and when we got home (out of state) she had Buyer's Remorse. Unfortunately, she had given some of the "free" items to my Sister in Law, who lived about 6 hours away. My wife contacted my SIL who brought the items to our home the following weekend, since they were coming for a visit. Fortunately, my wife did use a credit card and I immediately filed a dispute. Once we had all the cosmetics gathered, i wrapped each in bubble wrap, boxed them all together and mailed them back. While preparing the address label, I noticed there was no return address for the cosmetics on the label. However, I was able to go to the City of Las Vegas website and get the address for the business license of the Adore Cosmetics company on Fremont Street. In the return shipment, I included a letter listing each product and the SKU # as well as a copy of the receipt and the credit card signature receipt. I also included an additional copy in an envelope also inside the shipment. In the letter, I instructed them to process a full refund. The following Monday, seven days after the purchase, I mailed the cosmetics to the Las Vegas address, via certified mail with a signed return receipt . The cosmetics were signed for on July 14th and the green return receipt card was sent back. In the meanwhile, in talking to the credit card company (Chase Bank), they advised the merchant would be given 20 calendar days from the day the dispute was filed to process a refund. I sent the credit card company copies of all the correspondence, to include my letter to Adore, the receipt for the cosmetics, the USPS tracking to show the cosmetics had been received and the credit card receipt. From looking at my credit card activity, the refund was processed on August 2 for the entire $1, 500 amount. So score one for the home team! The important this is to make sure you document everything to include the list of items you sent back and that you have proof the items were mailed and received. Stay in touch with your credit card company to monitor the process. We are proof you can successfully get a refund out of Adore. BUT, the #1 rule is stay away from high pressure sales tactics, especially for anything related to vanity!

Marti Kurtz-Aniba Aug 06, 2015

I must say I am an Adore s u c k e r. I actually like the product but it is the biggest ripoff in cosmetics. I was pressured and paid 700. They kept calling me to come back for a facial and I've ignored them cuz I won't be s u c k e r e d again. There are a lot of products out there that do the same thing for a lot...I said a lot less. I'll go on eBay and buy yours!

• Na
    NathalieG Aug 06, 2015

No need too go into the details but I was scammed too!! This is ridiculous -- how do we shut this place down?

• Li
    Linda J. Abalos Aug 05, 2015

I unfortunately was another victim of this unscrupulous group. I basically was not allowed to leave the store until I made a purchase. In trying to do research, I have either found the products to be more reasonably priced, could not find them at all, and cannot even find a registration for the business name of Adore LLC in Las Vegas. I too am filing a dispute with my credit card company. Something needs to be done to stop them! Thank to all of you who have shared your similar horror stories; it has a way of normalizing how one feels after being taken like this in an unsuspecting manner. The Miracle Mile Shops should get rid of this store!

• Db
    dblonde58 Aug 05, 2015

I got pulled into a store and told the whole system was $10, 000 at the Galleria in Fort Lauderdale. After the price came down again and again, I cried and said I could not afford it and he handed me a free cleansing cream and practically shoved me out the door! When in doubt, CRY. This is a scam!!!

• St
    Stubberz Jul 19, 2015

Wow!! I sure wish I had of known about this store before I got lured in. I was walking through the Tanger Outlet Mall in Innisfil, Ontario, Canada when I was charmed by a nice looking man with a very thick french accent. He asked me to put out my hand while he squeezed out some lotion onto them. He then noticed I was experiencing a breakout and began going on and on about how they're products could help me. Playing on my insecurities and knowing that I would fall for it. It's what they do. He was very charming and very smooth. He said he was an owner and wasn't on comission. He truly believes in the product and genuinely wants to help people. He gave me a huge spiel about the dead sea in Isreal and the benefits of the product. All natural, no alcohol or fragrances. He then sat me down and applied a product to my wrist which I do have to say did show an obvious brightening effect. Along with a mositurizer for my very dry skin. He told me the prices of the products which were astronomical!! No way could I afford to buy them. And I told him such. Suddenly, today ONLY, I could have both facial products for only $99. I reluctantly agreed but paid for them. Once the transaction was complete, he asked if he could show me one more thing for my "deep" lines. Thats when he applied the collagen to my eye area around my mouth. I admit that I did see a slight difference, but when he told me it was $249...I told him no way. He said he could give it to me for just $149 today only. I still said no. I couldn't afford that. That's when he really laid on the charm and flattery. He told me he really wanted me to have this product cause it would benefit me so much. And if I agreed to use it and tell my friends and family about it, he would give it to me for his cost of $67!!! I was astounded!!! How does a $249 product suddenly become $67?!?! It was then that I realized something was not right. I thanked him and left the store. Luckily unlike some of these reviews, I was only out $135 for 3 products. It's still more than I should have spent, but I'm glad I didn't get roped into anymore. Luckily, I have not had any kind of reaction to the products either. But for anyone else thinking of going into the store, please be careful. I am not saying one way or another whether the products actually work or not, I have only had them for a few days. But their sales tactics are rather sly and devious and it's very easy to get lured in by a nice looking rep with a suave accent. But that certainly seems to be a theme across the board for this store. And there was never any mention of No Returns nor was there a sign posted anywhere in the store. It wasn't u til I got home and looked at the receipt that I saw "No Refunds...Exchange Only".
    Buyer beware...

• Ba
    Barbara Bizjak Jul 19, 2015

We were in las vegas in april & every mall you go to they are there. Just say no!!!They will waste an hour of your vacation they are scammers. Keep walking, take the sample and ignore them. There is no skin care in this world worth that. Go to macy's, merle norman, avon's anew, all will do the same for alot less.

• Da
    Danielle I Jul 15, 2015

I just fell for the sales pitch today. I've had really bad skin since moving to Florida and no products I've tried seem to help get it back to what it was before the climate change, so I thought why not?! I spent $150 on the peel, eye cream and moisturizer. I didn't have any reaction in the store to any of the products and have used it once this evening with no adverse reactions yet but I wish I had read this blog sooner! I did try to do a web search on the product before buying but couldn't get any cell reception in the building I was in. Hopefully this will be a decent product for me and if not $150 seems to be a pretty cheap lesson compared to what you ladies have been through :(

• Fl
    Flora1973 Jun 28, 2015

Thanks for all the comments above. You safed my money! They're now in germany, cologne.
    Everything is absolut identical, pad under the eye, making super discounts, putting pressure on me as I refused to buy.
    There are only few comments to this company in german, so I will leave my comment also in german:
    Adore Cosmetic, Ehrenstr. 34, Köln
    Mit einer Gratisprobe wurde ich in den Laden gelockt. Schneller als ich kucken konnte wurde ich auf einen Stuhl gesetzt, mein rechter Unterarm gereinigt und eingecremt. Die Lotion ist an diesem Arm sofort eingezogen, am anderen nicht. Das sollte beweisen wie gut das Reinigungsserum arbeitet. Das Pad hat man mir auch unter das Auge geklebt und durch die Kühlung und die Feuchtigkeit sah dieses Auge natürlich nach ein paar Minuten Einwirkzeit besser aus als das andere. Als sie mir dann erklärte das Reinigungsserum würde 159 Euro kosten, aber weil sie die Storemanagerin ist und mich gut leiden kann biete sie mir 50 Prozent Nachlass an - da haben bei mir alle Alarmglocken geläutet. Das ist der älteste Verkaufstrick der Welt!