Adore Organic Innovationsadore cosmetics

K

Adore Organic Innovations, Adore Cosmetics and they are also known as (doing business as) Rodeo Cosmetics on Rodeo Drive. This business, this store is a scam! They have locations all over the country at high end shopping centers. Their selling tactic is the same. They stop you on the street, offer you a free sample, as soon as you accept it, they pull you into their shop, put you in a chair, offer you a free demonstration that's guaranteed to have IMMEDIATE (ALERT!) results. The immediate result either makes your eye bags disappear or it causes allergic reactions. Then they try to hard sell you on the product, they'll start with a very high price and they'll tell you it's some kind of special event or anniversary and they have a special promotion and it is now half of what it used to be and if you hesitate they'll lower the price even more or throw in freebies. And this is exactly what happened to me. April 29, 2016. My husband and I were shopping on Rodeo Drive. We were approached by a sales person from Adore (aka Rodeo Cosmetics on my receipt) and we were offered a demonstration and the sales person says there's some kind of grand opening special event, celebrities are here. As the sales person was talking my husband began searching for their product on his phone then the sales stops him and says cell phones are not allowed, celebrities are upstairs and they don't want to make their special guests uncomfortable. The product demonstration did have an immediate effect on my husband, then they removed it right away. They say it's a grand opening event (there's a complaint against this business from 2014 and the oldest review on Yelp for this exact location is from 2014) and everything is at a huge discount. I said the product is expensive, I want to do some research first, then the sales asked to see my driver's license and said because I am a local resident, everything I buy that day they'll double it for free. So I got suckered into buying 14 products totaling 5K worth. After I paid for my purchase with my credit card, they won't even provide me with a receipt. I had to fight for my receipt. That's when I got the feeling that something is weird about this place. I went home, applied the products as instructed (written down on paper by sales person) and not only did it show no results, my skin started burning and rashes broke out on my face. I went to see two different dermatologists after that and both said the product is unsafe. I contacted the store requesting return for refund and they said I needed to file a claim form and send it to their corporate. I sent in the claim form and then was contacted by a Sharon Morgan via email saying stating that all sales are final, they do not refund purchases, will only provide store credit or exchange and even compared themselves to Prada. Their products are very badly packaged and none of the containers had seals so there's no way of knowing whether the bottle's been opened or used. Their standard no refund policy should not apply in my case because their product caused damages. And this is not a stand alone case. There are similar cases reported by other people.I warn everyone to stay away from this company. I also think that there should be one central page for this company on BBB and ComplaintsBoard instead of separating them by different locations.

adore cosmetics