Adoramasells damaged merchandise

B

I ordered a canon speedlite 430 exii on december 10, 2012 and received it in a timely fashion; however, after I opened the inner box, I found that the built-in wide panel had been damaged. I returned the item using my own money and waited for a response from them. I had to call them six times to ask what was going on, as well as for a replacement. They told me they were working on replacing my item, but could not guarantee a time limit. I told them I had a shoot in three days and needed the replacement in two, which was entirely possible seeing as how they took my money in less than a day and sent out the original damaged goods in one day. The customer service person, the third one I had spoken to, told me that they could not guarantee this as it was not their policy (Which is an eight business day turnaround). I then told the girl that I wanted a refund, which she replied that it would take up to three business days to do so.
Do yourself a favor and go to another reputable dealer - one who will keep their promises and not send you damaged goods. Adorama is out for nothing but money from the consumer and does not care about you after they get your money, which, unfortunately, is most business these days. Go somewhere else or get burned by adorama! It's your choice!

RESOLVED

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Dec 20, 2012

I would very much like to assist you; please email me direcly: [protected]@adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Boru1953 Dec 21, 2012

I am emailing you as I write this, in the hope that this matter will be taken care of today, December 21, 2012, and not days or weeks from now.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Dec 21, 2012

I haven't received any email from you as yet; can you check that you sent it to [protected]@adorama.com and maybe re-send?

Boru1953 Dec 22, 2012

Several emails were sent your way immediately following my December 21st post. None were returned, but none were answered either. I will resend all of them in the hope you receive them, as well as rectify this issue in a timely manner.

Boru1953 Dec 22, 2012

Helen,

I pray that you will rectify this matter and refund the expected amount of money to my account no later than 9 AM, Wednesday, December 26, 2012. At that point, it will be eight (8) days since requesting a refund from Cathy, one of your Customer Service representatives (which is five days more than the required Adorama policy for refunds).

As one of my emails stated, I will hold off any further action until that time, but if the full amount is not in attendance at the aforementioned date and time, I will then proceed with said action against Adorama.

Hopefully, this matter will be rectified as per my request.

Boru1953 Dec 23, 2012

Still nothing from either you or anyone else at Adorama. However, I will keep my promise, as opposed to Adorama, and wait until this Wednesday, December 26, 2012, to do something further. As before, I pray that you will keep your promise and rectify this matter before that time, but with the holiday approaching, I do not see that happening.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Dec 23, 2012

You have signed yourself here as Boru1953.

But I have still not received any emails from anyone called Boru1953, or any emails which quote this website.

Helen,

I have sent numerous emails your way with my real name, which I will not present in this forum. Suffice it to say that all refer to these postings and the Canon Speedlite 430 EXII issue of December 10th, 2012. The emails were sent from my Comcast email address and address this issue explicitly.

I will sent them all again, with the Boru1953 in each one, but this will be the absolute last time I will do so. As stated, I will only wait until 9 AM on this upcoming Wednesday, December 26th, 2012, to see my money fully refunded and in my bank account, or I will take further action against Adorama. I am not kidding or fooling around with idle threats, so please take this seriously and do what I have been asking for the past week.

Thank you!

Boru1953 Dec 23, 2012

Again, I have re-sent all the emails previously re-sent within the last twenty-four hours, but this time I have included the alias you requested. I must state that this is the final time I will do so, so please take this seriously and rectify this matter in the manner I have requested for almost a solid week. If the full refund, inclusive of tax and shipping, is not in my bank account by 9 AM on this Wednesday, December 26, 2012, I will begin legal action against Adorama. I hope it will not come to this, so please rectify this matter immediately!
    Thank you!

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Dec 25, 2012

The goods ordered by the customer were damaged during the shipping process, nevertheless, the customer has been refunded in full. for the cost of the unit plus the cost of his return shipping.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    [protected]@adorama.com

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Dec 27, 2012

Although we now have conclusive evidence that the goods were damaged in transit by the carrier, we refunded the OP in full