Having problems with AchieveCard?

+1 800 486 0273 (Customer Service)
+1 800 401 7935 (Activations)
P.O. Box 5100
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

overcharged, card never worked

Dis card came unsolicited in the mail. I had activate it to see if it was credit and it didnt work and kept declining. A few months later I hit them up about what the card is used for and they told me I could avoid check cashing by using direct depoist. My card had a starting balance of -$30 and they robbed me for 2 monthly fees and an activation fee. After speaking 2 a supervisor after my 3rd time calling, they revers 2 of the fees. The card doesnt always work. It charged me duplicate bill pays, and they keep authorization holds on my account for months. I do not reccomend ths card. I would reccomend bank freedom which doesnt have a monthly fee wth direct deposit, or some other card that has 24x7 live customer service. My bank freedom card never has issues like this one.

fraud

This prepaid card is a fraud from top to bottom. Stay away. First I see Ryan Thomas replied on here, he work...

activate fee 9.95 didnot say nothing

I recieved a call saying Ihave won a mastercard with 100.dollars on it .I recieve the card has no money on it. I call them they say, but A 100.Dollars on the card will give you 5, 000 points so you can use it toward nice gifts. so I put A$100. on it 8/28/10 went to the gas station the very next day.put $15.88 in my ford focuse.then went to walmart got a couple of items handed the cashier the card, she said there is no money on the card, I am so upset. I just cannot believe I got scamed like that, I have a reciept where I put A 100. on the card have any ideas how to help me. please my email is [protected]@gmail.com, please give me some answers. thank you for listening.

• Jn
    JnATX Feb 15, 2011

We respect the privacy of our cardholders and are prohibited from discussing any customer service issues on public internet forums, such as this one.

Achieve Card has dedicated employees standing by to assist customers and answer questions. Call 1-800-486-0273 to speak with a customer service agent. Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday 8AM to 8PM CST, and Saturday 9AM – 6PM CST. We are also available to assist via email at [email protected]

Please feel free to read additional comments from Achieve cardholders by visitinghttp://achievecardtestimonials.com. These comments were gathered from our quarterly customer satisfaction surveys.

stinks

We recieved an Achieve Card in the mail. Which we did not apply for. With all the lowlifes out there trying to steal your identy anymore you have to be so careful of every offer that wants access to any of your personal numbers. Now you have these new scams where the thieves stand on the fence so to say. Sort of the old bait and switch. They make the offer seem like it would just make your life so much easier. But, like we have all heard, if something sounds to good to be true, it isn't. After eyeballing the Achieve Card offering, it just sounds to much like a bunch of snakes trying to get their hands on your money and staying one step ahead of the Federal Government.
The only access I feel would be fitting for this bunch would be some prison love. If you really want any kind of cards, use your brain and go to your own bank.

• Po
    pony boy Jul 17, 2019

This is not the original Acheive Card company that started years ago this company is a fraud with new unprofessional people in the back round laughing. they disconnect you while talking they also find ways to take your money always keep a ledger of what you spend. And when you complain or if you have a problem it takes forever for them to reimburse you they hope you give up but don’t I would advise everyone to call the FDIC with your complaints about them they should be shut down! there thieves taking kickbacks from consumers for denying claims.

returned money

I wanted to let people know that the money was missing from our account was returned. It has been debited from our account, and just listed as a debit, no company name. It has been returned. Thank you

• Ry
    RyanATX May 03, 2010

Packerfan,
    I'm glad we were able to help resolve the issue . We are always on the side of our customers whenever there are questionable charges on your account. To confirm, our current customer service hours are:
    M-F, 8AM -8PM
    Sat, 9AM - 6PM

• Me
    melizza Aug 30, 2012

lucky you. whats that one in a million?????

will not give you your money back

Some company in indonesia stole over 2200.00 off my card in one day in various dollar amounts. I called achieve card immediately to report it they told me to fill out a dispute form and then denied it several days later and said they would not give me my money back because the company that ripped me off had my security code on the back of my card. Well they would have that if i ordered online before and someone stole my information. This is a consumber rip off because banks are suppose to protect the cosumer of ripp off such as this. This was clearly a fraud because the company who stole the money have no name, no phone number to call just where it was from. Achieve card should not have let these fraudulent transactions go thru on my card and should do more to protect their card holders. I would tell anyone do not get this card because if someone uses your card they will not give you the money back.

• Ac
    Achieve101 Feb 26, 2010

I work at AchieveCard and something doesn't seem right here. Our goal is to protect our cardholders from merchant fraud and prevent unauthorized transactions. Let's resolve this matter and get your money back.

• Ry
    RyanATX Feb 26, 2010

I work for Achieve as well, and also agree something doesn't seem right here. Cardholders are not liable for fraudulent charges. Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can look up your case and contact you. We'll make this right.

• Co
    COLETTE LARKINS Jul 21, 2011

hi ryan, my name is colette i have an enormous problem with Achievecard. They mailed me a card, my husband, my two sons. I had my tax refund deposited on the card in April and in May I had two cousins tax refund checks deposited, which Achievecard received and posted. I removed the money for my cousins and gave it to them, I sent my two sons and husband (through friends and family option) money on their cards. About 2 weeks after that Achievecard blocked my card, my two sons and my husbands card with money on them, and as of today refused to release the money. They said it looked like fraudulent activity. Well I told them that I was the authorized cardholder and I could assure that there were no fraudulent activities on my card, and the money on the cards were definitely ours and I could prove it. But they would not accept any proof from me. I was told by customer service that I could not ever use the card again nor were they giving me my money to me. I have never experience this kind of treatment. The total of the money blocked on our cards are $1, 690.00. I will not rest with this, if I have to go to the media with this I will. I was giving them time to investigate, but its been from May until now July, 2011 since I have been waiting. I am determine to get my money back or some kind of justice. Thanks for listening!

• De
    Depressed1 Jul 30, 2012

I put my paycheck on the card and now I cannot get a PIN number. The customer service department is just a recording. These people are awful. Help. I can't even afford to file bankruptcy.

• Ge
    genocummings Jan 09, 2013

well here's my thing I went to take my money out at one of the ATMs that they say or suppose to be free but yet you get charged for them too. But the real problem with them is that the ATM I was using didn't give me my money the fist time I tried to use it so I did it again about 4 minutes later and it started to do the same thing then it did give me my money but they still went and said I got the money the first time now they want me to send in that form you stated you filled out.

security breech in my mailbox

These idiots sent me a card in the mail without my ordering one. Not just a little fake plastic card, but a real, ready-to-be-activated prepaid credit card with my name on it. The activation sticker practically advertised what the PIN was.

I was not expecting this card. If it had been stolen in the mail, I never would have known. Because it was a prepaid kind, I know that means an account couldn't have been racked up in my name directly, but that doesn't mean harm couldn't have been done. Prepaid or not, that was a card attached to my name, my identity, and my personal information. The fine print on the back made it clear that if it was used at all, I would be on the hook for their entire terms of service, meaning fees and whatever else. Who knows what other personal information of mine some fraud could have gotten to through them?

Seriously, seriously STUPID and DANGEROUS company, if this is standard practice. Don't touch them.

• De
    devans2009 Jan 30, 2010

We were also sent this card without requesting it. But I do contract jobs and thought it would be nice to use this card to put that money on. Most of the payments from these jobs come direct deposit. They are horrible handling direct deposits. I have also had problems sending money to pay bills, and they limit how much you can send a day. If they want to put some security measures in place thats fine, but to block access to my own money, is not acceptable. I was within the amount in their 'fine print' but evidently they can decide to limit access to money, beyond their own written 'terms'. So they don't even follow their own written 'rules' horrible card. The no one their on the weekends is crazy. If you have a problem like missing money or unauth charges you can not even report it, until they mosey in on Monday. With all the other cards out there this in one to stay away from. I believe I saw a blog the other day relating to this card, if I can find it again I will post the link.

misplaced direct deposit

I thought i was finally getting to use a reliable prepaid/Debit mastercard by setting up direct deposit but...

lack of fee information

When they sent me the card, there was no disclosure in the envelope, so I had no idea when I loaded the card...

scam

This company solicited a debit card with a fee. I thought I was signing up for a prepaid card and activated...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices