Abercrombie KidsA&F kids wrongly declared item value and refuses to assist in taxes

A

On 11.11.2012 I ordered 4 items from A&F kids. I then sent 1 back for refund ($39.50) and 2 to exchange for larger size. They sent me back the 2 with correct size in 1 package, and mistakenly sent a 3rd item ($39.50) back in another package. The values of these 3 items were inaccurately declared to be $440 each. This caused duties and taxes to be incurred as items more than SGD$400 will incur taxes. The taxes are SGD$114.88. The local office advised I could get the merchant (A&F) to write an explanation letter that the item values were wrongly declared and send an amended invoice showing the correct value of the items to waive the taxes. A&F refused to do so, and refused to refund me for the duties and taxes, claiming it is the customer's responsibility. I told them that normally it is, but in this case, the taxes and duties were incurred only because they had wrongly declared the value of the items and now they are asking me to pay for their mistake.

In addition, as the 3rd item was sent to me due to their mistake, I demanded they pay for the postage cost to return that item. They agreed in an email and I sent back the item with the post office receipt. Till date they have not refunded me for the postage cost (SGD$10.20). They have also charged a total of USD $178 when my original order of 4 items was only USD $128.50. I have since sent back 2 items at $39.50 each for refund but so far they have only refunded me $56.93.