AAMCO-Woodstock, GA — destroyed our transmission!
My husband's transmission went out on his 2004 Subaru WRX. We had it towed to AAMCO where they told him that it was a clutch problem, which my husband knew was wrong. They told us they would take it apart and look at it, then call him the next morning. My husband ended up calling them the next afternoon because they never called like they said they would. After days of them telling us they would call and us having to call them when they never called back, they tell us his front differential went out but they couldn't get the part. In the mean time, my husband found a Subaru shop to work on his car, so he had AAMCO box up all the parts and we once again paid $100 to tow the car to the new shop. As soon as we got the car there, the owner looked over the transmission and said it was not the front differential that was out, but the center differential, which is an easy fix and you don't even have to take the transmission out of the car! Also, they spilled transmission fluid all over the front fender and left big, greasy hand prints on his matte black hood (impossible to clean!!) Since they completely destroyed the transmission, we still ended up having to replace the entire transmission. We called AAMCO about a possible refund for what they charged us to take apart his transmission and all they could offer was a credit toward a future repair. Like we would ever bring our car back there for them to destroy!!
More AAMCO-Woodstock, GA Complaints & Reviews
- Aamco Transmissions - rip off
- Aamco - didn't offer services they claimed to offer
- Aamco - I was scammed at aamco!
- Aamco - $4,000 job gone wrong
- Aamco - scam and cheating
- Aamco Transmissions - fraud and unethical behavior
- AAMCO Transmission - no diagnostics done to find true problem
- AAmcoTransmissions.com - they stole my car and lied!
- Aamco Transmissions - transmission, engine
- Aamco - poor customer service