6 Day Dental - Plano TexasUsed car sales of Dental offices

Hold on to your wallet when you step into this office. I know all dental work is expensive, but these clowns are really trying to set some records. I do not know where to start my complaint with these guys, I have so many!

My wife and I chose this Dental Office because they were supposed to have a great play room for kids? Well this consisted of a couple of old 80's arcade games. All the high scores on the games were from staff members?

Ok, my wife and I needed our teeth cleaned, they took all the ex-rays first, then had a doctor look at our teeth so twenty minutes in this office and we need to all go to the "consultation office". Now in the consultation office we are told that our teeth cleaning will be $450.00 for the both of us and insurance will cover $120.00. My wife has a large cavity that will require a crown and a possible root canal, And all my fillings in my mouth will need to be removed and replaced as they are old! The funny part is my wife nor I did not have any pain or problems with our teeth. So now we are told that she needs a crown for her one cavity and a possible root canal 1100.00-2200.00 and to start removing and replacing my fillings would be somewhere around 1000.00 to get started. They spent so much time on this consultation shuck and jive game that we did not even have time to start our teeth cleaning, which was the sole purpose of coming to their used car lot. Well we decided to do the cleaning just because we did not want to find another office and they had already taken all the ex-rays that our insurance would cover. That's their first scam as they new this extended teeth cleaning price before they took these exrays and they knew they were going to require this type of cleaning and I say require because there is no negotiation with these clowns. Anyway, the major flaw in their scheme was they just left this cavity hole in my wifes rear molar with no temporary filling or temporary crown, nothing for 4-5 weeks between our extensive teeth cleanings. Granted it was not hurting her but it was a large hole that supposedly needed a crown/ build-up and a possible root canal. So, I was at this point just in disbelief and after our last teeth cleaning appointment 6 weeks later I asked how my wifes tooth looked and they told us it was broken? And if not fixed real quick it would be and emergency root canal. Anyway, here is the real interesting part. I am worried about my wife's broken tooth that needs a crown and root canal. So, the next day I went to another dentist for second opinion. He looked at her tooth, did an exam, ex-ray and put in a filling all in about an hour with no consultation! So what is a 100 dollar filling with one dentist is a [protected] dollar crown/root canal with 6-Day Dental. They will not get another dollar of my business, try them at your own risk. I think part of the problem is my wife and I have a decent insurance policy that covers $4000.00 per person a year. So from their first estimates they wanted to get half of that in the first six months and save the other half for whatever they could trump-up in the latter part of the year. Just my two cents, I am sure some people are really happy with 6-Day. But their office sure is always empty, with 5 times the staff to patient ratio, which I am sure why they feel the need and pressure to fleece every warm body that comes throught the doors.

• Hm
    HMass89 Feb 17, 2011

6 Day is a bunch thieves. I am 29 years old and had one dentist my entire life until I made the mistake of visiting Six Day approximately three years ago. I went in for a cleaning and was told I needed a root canal. They had a sales person, not even the dentist, explain this to me and pressure me into doing the root canal that day for $2, 000.00 + (no insurance). I was fortunate enough at that point o have never had to pay for past serious dental work, so I had no idea whether this was a reasonable price. I reluctantly agreed. The root canal was done without a problem, but upon completion I was told I had five more cavities that would cost over $3, 000.00 to fill. At this point, my antenna went up and I resisted the used car salesman trying to convince me to do the service the same day. I went back to my lifelong dentist and family friend for a second opinion. He informed me I had no cavities. It has three years since my root canal and I have not had a single cavity since. I seriously doubt I needed a root canal. I am attorney (Texas State Bar Number [protected]) and would like organize a class action lawsuit against 6 Day. If you are interested, my email is [email protected]