6 Day Dental Flower MoundAwful company

A

I went to 6 day dental in Flower Mound Texas to get my teeth cleaned and a crown re-glued. I was told I needed a root canal on the tooth that needed the crown reglued. I agreed to their fees and they did the root canal. My temp crown is nothing but a flat surface that doesnt even resemble a tooth or serve as a tooth. When leaving I paid 700.00 of 1100.00 bill (out of network ) on my insurance but I felt it was worth it because they were open on Saturday. I was told by their office manager, "you will pay the balance when you return or we will not put your permanent crown on". I refused to write post dated checks for the balance and this angered them. Then when I told them dental work shouldnt cost so much the office manager told me "you will pay the balance when you return or further collection effors will be taken against you". I didnt have a problem paying my balance when the work was completed or right before they complete the work. I had a problem in writing post dated checks and refused to do it. Demanding payment in full for unfinished work is outrageous. then I wrote an email to their corporate office to be ignored. AVOID this place! unless you have money to burn and love being disrespected. Have these people ever heard the expression "Dont shake the tree till all the apples have fallen"... Needless to say any additional work they claimed I needed will NOT be completed by them. I had co workers warn me about their bad experience with 6 day dental (at another location in Coppell) but decided to give them the benefit of doubt. I was honestly impressed with them and planned to return for additional services till the ridiculous encounter with the office manager changed my perspective entirely.

6 Day Dental Oct 23, 2009

Hi Alex. We are very sorry your recent trip to 6 Day Dental was not 100% to your satisfaction. We strive to provide the best care possible to all our dental patients and would like to work with you to make sure your experience is handled to your satisfaction. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can address your situation immediately. We value your time and appreciate the opportunity to communicate with you. Thank you. – 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics

• Bi
    bigdaddy2515 Nov 21, 2009

This place is a nightmare! Not only are their prices outrageous their work is sub-standard and their employees are rude bald faced liars. I know people that have went to a dental colleges and gotten better quality work. Someone posted my original complaint made against them May 2007 on here and changed the name to "Alex" then conviently 6 Day dental posts in behind my original complaint they are willing to make it right? The tooth they "fixed" is now having to be replaced by a bridge or dental implant due to their shoddy work with an ill fitting crown with open margins. I will tell anyone that will listen WHY they should avoid this place. I have went through hell getting their shoddy work redone by a peridontist and a competent dentist. I have never had any issues with any other teeth just the one they worked on. I wouldnt let them touch anything in my mouth if it was FREE OF CHARGE!!!

6 Day Dental Nov 25, 2009

We were not aware this same complaint had been made in the past, and would still like to work with you to amend your situation. We still want you to contact us at [email protected] so we can address this further. We value your input and thoughts.

Thank you. – 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics

• Jd
    jdm4400 May 26, 2010

six day dental is a circus. i went in for a general cleaning which should have been free based on my insurance. a dentist came in and introduced herself. looked at my gums and said she would be right back. 20 minutes later, a different dentist entered stating the previous one was called away on an emergency. he numbed my gums and said he would return in 10 minutes. 15 minutes later a 3rd dentist entered examined the pockets of my gums then truned me over to the hygenist. from now on, i will go to a private dentist where i can been seen consistently by ONE dentist in a timely manner. upon cheking out, i was charged 75$ for a perio cleaning stating that is what i had in the past. they did not do a deep cleaning but i was billed as if they did. what a scam.

• Br
    Brenda Salazar Jun 25, 2010

I live in Frisco Texas and I will be filing a claim with the Dental board, better buisness and also finding an attorney today!

I am a mother of 4 children so there are 6 of us total. After 6 day knew we had insurance they came up with a list you couldn't see the end of for each of us and over the next several weeks and months we all went in and without a second delay everyone had major issues and we all needed from baby pulpotomy's to full blown root canals on the older ones. We had problems almost immediatly but because of the good hour s and Saturday's it was a perfect fit for my family so we kept trying to get back in and have them fix all the issues. Terrible tooth pain waking my children up in the night weeks after their pulpotomy's where completed which they never complanied about before and 2 of those have had to be re done costing an addition $4k, my husband's root canal has never stopped hurting and he is now being told we need to have it done a second time from our new dentist which is wonderful (Waterstone dental in Frisco), my crown after a root canal came off 7 times and on the 7th visit I was told they needed to do additional build up and are still trying to collect $220 from my insurance which was already pd once, to the latest my 21 year old college kid woke me up in the middle of the night in so much pain his whole side of his face was swollen and I called had him go in first thing on 6-9-10 where they took pictures at 7am told him he had an bad infection and how he needed to go to a specialist and basically good luck! I called throwing a fit and letting them know I was holding them responsible that I had hit my limit with them and this situation continually happening on work they so call did they finally agreed so 2 days later they got him into the flower mound office where a NEW dentist would take a look at him. A recieved a call from my son telling me they just pulled out his tooth! No phone call no nothing ...they just pulled it( I travel 4 states with my job and was out of state during this time frame).

I called several times before getting the dentist which told me that who ever did the root canal must have had a hard time with it and that there where 4 roots on this tooth which made it different but not impossible and they didn't get the 4th one completed correctly and that was the issue and where the infection was started. He went on to tell me that was the worst infection he had seen in all his private practice years that it smelled like a trash can had been opened when he finally got it pulled that he had given him a stronger medication for the infection and that I should watch him over night that the infection was in his jaw line and also going into his throat and if he had any difficulty swallowing to take him to the ER immediatly! I have a whole in my son's mouth which I am now being told it will need a bridge or another words another $3k to fix the damage done by 6 day dental.

I had sent letters in 2009 to the owner which was never responded and I was told possibly I had a wrong email address so I personally delivered a letter to Frisco which again was never addressed by anyone. I filled out a complaint post card which was never addressed after they almost let me gag while doing work on me and after $20, 768.11 I asked them for a completed family charts and that I planned to take legal action gave them the last 2 weeks to comeplete those 6 records and when I received yesterday to find only a print out of cost and only 1 xray was told I could have anything else to have my attorney request those but that I could NOT have them!!! Which is completely agaisnt the law besides unethical to keep my personal medical files.

I am going to take legal action!

PLEASE RUN FROM THESE PEOPLE KEEP YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR TEETH SAFE FROM 6 DAY DENTAL!

• Ki
    Kim12345 Jul 08, 2010

I have had wonderful experiences with 6 day. I have been a patient in the Coppell and the Roanoke offices and have been treated with nothing but respect. They make every effort to get me convenient appt times and have even worked with me by doing in-office payment arrangements. I have been very satisfied with the friendly hygienists and thorough docs.
    i would highly recommend 6 day!

• Em
    Emily Ericks Sep 29, 2010

BY FAR THE WORST DENTAL PLACE EVER! I had a root canal done about 3 weeks ago and i was told the tooth (not the temp) would be just like my old tooth. so great i thought!
    After the 3 wks past i thought i should start wearing my retainer from the braces i had not long ago. THE TOOTH WAS TO BIG FOR THE RETAINER! way to fat. so i went in and they told me that if they drilled the tooth down anymore it will be to week causing probs in the future. Im super upset because $2000 is what i have to pay! and on top of it $420 for new retainers! I dont have a job, im in college. ALL I WANT IS PAID FOR RETAINERS! it was there fault! They can accept that when you mess up you have to fix it!
    NEVER EVER GO THERE! btw they are toot canal happy! my dad went in for a super small cavity filling and he told him he needed a root canal LOL! It was just the day b4 he was told it was a minor cavity and he wouldnt even need to be numnb! HAHA what a bad compay!
    All I want is replaced retainers. I shouldnt even have to ask. My mom says I should sus them (my dads a lawyer) and get alittle extra for my hastle...

NOT WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY for the poor work they do.

• Pi
    Pits Ts Mom Oct 04, 2010

I was thinking of going to 6 day dental but will definately not put my children through it. There are 24 BBB's - issues. I do not understand how they can still have a A+, must be for one location over another? Either way.. thanks to your posts.. Sorry 6 Day Dental I wont be calling you..

• 4u
    4urinfo Oct 20, 2010

This is place is an absolute NIGHTMARE! There is NOTHING CONVENIENT ABOUT THIS PLACE. They are unprofessional and quite frankly scarey! I took my kids there to get a cleaning. I had taken them during my lunch hour and was limited on my time. After receiving a list of items that needed attention with my children, I was told that my son needed teeth pulled (baby teeth that were not coming out on their own) and that it could be done that day. I asked how long it would take and I was told by the doctor that it would take 20 minutes. 20 minuts later and they were barely numbing his mouth. I had to call our babysitter to come and be with my kids as I had to go back to work. I told her it would not be very long as they were only pulling a few baby teeth. I was HORRIFIED to find out that the doctor CONDUCTED SURGERY ON MY SON removing a tooth that was inside his gum that had never come out. Four (4) hours later my son was home! I was told this would be a 20 minute procedure!

My daughter had to have teeth pulled as well to have her braces put on and I made sure to be with her during this procedure and again to my HORROR I observed the doctor put her on gas and then left the room to work on another patient! After a while I confronted the nurse and told her I did not believe that walking off and keeping her on the gas was safe. I was told it would be okay and the doctor eventually came back to complete the work.

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!

• Am
    amieeb123 Oct 20, 2010

I too had a horrible experience. Here is the email I wrote the corporate office, who I have not heard back from.
    My name is... and I was in your Roanoke office this morning. I am very unhappy with the service I received, so much so, that I wanted to write you about it. I originally made the appointment because my permanent retainer had come off on one side and I needed to have it removed. The receptionist I spoke with wanted to schedule me for the standard cleaning and exams, but I explained I was a student teacher (no pay/no insurance) right now and could not afford anything besides the necessary retainer removal. I remember specifically asking if the exams were required, she said no, so I asked to just be seen about my loose retainer. The receptionist said that was fine and I came in the next day at 6:50a.m. only to find out my appointment was for the cleaning and exams, the exact ones I had declined the day before, not a retainer removal. As a matter of fact, there wasn't even an orthodontist on staff that day. After I was embarrassingly patronized by the dental assistant because I declined the cleaning due to monetary concerns, I was sent home and told that although there were emergency ortho techs on duty at that time, they wouldn't help me. I have half of a metal retainer hanging loose in my mouth! How is that not an emergency? To top it off, they cant even see me until Thursday. Over 48 hours from now. When I went to the front to reschedule, I was told I obviously wasn't clear on the phone when I made my appointment and due to that she misunderstood me. That's when dental assistant told me that I should be aware it would cost at least $75 to take the retainer out. The tone she used made me feel like she was implying I was trying to get it for free since I had declined the cleaning. Which then made me feel like I needed to defend myself by saying I was wiling to pay whatever it would cost to take the retainer out, just not in addition to the exams because money was tight right now. I have never felt so embarrassed and uncomfortable.

• Hm
    HMass89 Feb 17, 2011

6 Day is a bunch thieves. I am 29 years old and had one dentist my entire life until I made the mistake of visiting Six Day approximately three years ago. I went in for a cleaning and was told I needed a root canal. They had a sales person, not even the dentist, explain this to me and pressure me into doing the root canal that day for $2, 000.00 + (no insurance). I was fortunate enough at that point o have never had to pay for past serious dental work, so I had no idea whether this was a reasonable price. I reluctantly agreed. The root canal was done without a problem, but upon completion I was told I had five more cavities that would cost over $3, 000.00 to fill. At this point, my antenna went up and I resisted the used car salesman trying to convince me to do the service the same day. I went back to my lifelong dentist and family friend for a second opinion. He informed me I had no cavities. It has three years since my root canal and I have not had a single cavity since. I seriously doubt I needed a root canal. I am attorney (Texas State Bar Number [protected]) and would like organize a class action lawsuit against 6 Day. If you are interested, my email is [email protected]

• La
    Lanny4445 Mar 07, 2011

I cant belive people go to them. There prices are way to high and the staff was not good at all. They did not tell me anything just kept having different people come in to see me and then said i needed all kinds of work done. What they wanted to charge me for a root canal with insurance is about 200 more then 4 other dentist wanted to charge me with out insurance. Why would people go a place that tons of people are saying charges too much. The staff was no better i have no idea who my dentist was he just came in and said "open please" . Then said he wanted to try to save my teeth but i would prolly have to have them taken out and my teeth are not that bad.

[email protected] Mar 31, 2011

I completely diagree with what I am reading. I have been in the dental profession for 25 years and what I can say about 6day dental, is that they are conservative in that they like the patient to know up front what kind of problems are down the line. They believe in proactive care not reactive care. Attending to problems before they become emergencies. A lot of offices will not tell you all that could happen, but only wait until the patient has no other choice because teeth have broken down so badly that they can not be saved. I would reather know what might/or will happen by doing nothing right now and give me the choice to decide if I want to take the choice. I love the approach the 6 day dentists take. Tell me what is going on and give me the option to choose. If I was deveopling cancer, I would much rather the doctors tell me early on that I was "developing" cancer than to wait until it was diagnosised as "fatal"

• Eh
    Ehi May 27, 2011

Crappy ### Company. I regret going here. Greg Greenberg orthodontist is a better place to visit. Fun and lively employees. My sister got her braces done here and I should have listened to her to get mine done at Greg Greenberg orthodontist as well. I regret choosing 6 day. Disrespectful employees. Dawn the manager should be fired as long with the chicks she raises at that stupid farm of theirs

• Eh
    Ehi May 27, 2011

6 Day Dental and Orthodontics is the worst place to get your braces done and even for cleaning. The employees are rude and the company is only driven by money. They do not care about their customers only about the money they want to get from you. SO BEWARE! Make sure you visit other places and let 6 Day be your last resort so you do not end up regretting like i am right now.

Ever since i started my treatment, I have being unhappy with this company. They drag their feet, they do not give you information about your treatment; they stare rudely at you when you come in for your appointment, when you ask a question, no one ever has an answer except you are giving them your credit/ debit card to swipe. At that point they will have a big smile on their faces and gladly tell you were to sign. DAWN, the supposed manager who I have spoken to at the Coppell and Flower Mound branches is the worst of all her employees. I asked her for the record of my treatment and she said " I will have it for you in 10 days only at the Coppell branch and I will not stress myself to get it available for you before then and even though, there is no assurance that your records will be available after 10 days. You have to call me to find out if it is available" - Her exact words. I paid for the services but she can not stress herself to provide me with my records. Interesting!

Corrine another employee at 6 day who i spoke to at the Flower Mound branch, could not answer my question instead she said " I will have my manager call you back" and before I could respond, she hung up on me. There have been more instances of rudeness and greed shown by this company than I can put down on paper. If i finally get around to putting it on paper, I would be the best selling author for the Book titled " 6 DAY DENTAL AND ORTHODONTICS - THE GREEDIEST & RUDEST DENTAL AND ORTHODONTIC PRACTICE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS. CUSTOMERS BEWARE! They never want to bill your insurance company but rather bill you first and then bill your insurance and reimburse you months, months later. A tale thievery.

They are never upfront with you about costs until a day before your appointment or on the day of your appointment so that you don't have enough time to change your mind. Again, I stress beware of the company. So many mistakes have been made during my treatment, the doctor leaves the placement of the wires and power chain in the hands of the assistants, which is fine BUT he never ever checks to ensure they placed them correctly. When I return a month later for my appointment, I am usually told at that point that the assistants made an error. *Shaking my head* What a company!

• Ph
    Philipd Jun 27, 2011

I agree they are a total scam. I moved to Texas from Louisiana and was looking for a dentist to get my regular cleaning. They did x rays and told me I had 12 cavities! I was in total shock and was super depressed. They told my wife she also needed a lot of work, she was in tears. They estimated the cost in the thousands. I became suspicious because I have always had good teeth and regular check ups. So I called them up and had them send my x rays to my old dentist back home so he could review them. My dentist (who I've been going to for 20+ years and I trust) told me the x rays were terrible and he couldn't tell anything from them! I was so relieved! Well, that was six years ago and I can assure you I did not have a single cavity that day I went to Six Day Dental, neither did my wife! It makes me sick to thing they could have scammed me out of thousands of dollars and permanently altered my teeth. Please avoid this company like the plauge, I hope one day they are exposed for who they really are.

• Fi
    filly of 6 day Aug 03, 2011

We were told by the Flower Mound office my son would need several cavities in a molar filled. They said the cavities were on 3 sides of the tooth and it'd be $400 plus dollars. Had to set with a high pressure sales guy forever.

Turns out after going to another dentist due to the creepy feeling I had about these dentists that my son has 0 cavities. This is after 6 months when I finally had the money to do something about it. If there was a start of a cavity - six months later - the cavity would be visible - this place is a rip off and I feel for all the little kids who's parents didn't act on their feeling that something was wrong & had unnecessary work done on their kids.

Visiting the orthodontist today - they told me even more stories from their patients and that they hear them all the time about 6 day - OMG - stay away & tell everyone you know.

They have been disciplined by the Dental board & they are still harming people, ripping them off & getting richer every day. Warn everyone you know and put it on Facebook and twitter. Seach: rip off 6 day dental and put all those links on your facebook & this one too.

• Be
    Bebo123 Sep 24, 2011

Six day dental in Allen is the worst one I have been. They not only did the ### job, missed couple of cavities. When I tried calling them up questioned their practice, receiptionist acting like they have to attend other customers and hung up. Very rude people. I will be complaining to BBB and Insurance on them.

6 Day Dental Dec 27, 2011

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics has maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau since January 2003, a testament to our commitment to exceptional patient care and 100% satisfaction. It is our goal to preserve this rating through our Total Patient Care mission, ensuring every patient has an experience we can be proud of.

We strive to provide the best care possible to all our dental and orthodontic patients and wish to work with our patients to make sure their experience is handled to their satisfaction. If your experience was not to your 100% satisfaction, please contact the Practice Manager at the 6 Day location you visited or e-mail us at [email protected]

We appreciate all feedback given by patients. It helps us analyze areas we can improve upon which in turn allows us to serve our patients more efficiently.

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics

• So
    SomeoneinTX Feb 28, 2014

My wife went in to have her teeth cleaning done at the Roanoke office. They told her she needs a crown and given her an estimate for about $2, 000 and they wanted to perform that same day. Out of pocket would be about $1, 700. She told them she would get back with them. We printed out our insurance coverage and we have 50% coverage. On some of the charges, they have insurance paying like 20%. We confronted them and they said they don't know anything about it. That's what their computer shows. WOW..What a rip off.

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THEM...

nonyabizwax Mar 05, 2015

My orthodontist moved to 6 day dental in Flower Mound. I am now horrified to go to 6 day dental due to all the horrible nightmare complaints above! Not to mention a dentist there was arrested a while back for sexually assaulting a patient.